Nidus vs Chroma Prime

(PSN)King-Ballor

Question

Hi guys so im not interested in dps comparions and which one is stronger etc, im looking more into pros and cons for both to decide which one to try to get, first I thought Nidus would be awesome, he looks sick, literally, and people say he is really great, but from what I heard he is also really great only for one type of mission, really long type, that im not doing like ever, I also have Inaros as kinda immortal tank that could subsidise for Nidus. On the other hand Chroma Prime is on my list just because how awesome he looks, I never really looked into regular chroma and I have no idea if chroma prime is good or not, soo what do you think, Nidus or Chroma prime?

10 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, (PS4)King-Ballor said:

but from what I heard he is also really great only for one type of mission, really long type, that im not doing like ever

not really. Problem with Nidus in shorter missions is, he kills stuff too fast so you have trouble getting enough stacks to utilize his full kit.

Chroma on the other hand can also be very tanky if you use Ice-Chroma and high strength. On the same note/skill he also has the highest damage increasing skill of all frames. But you need to mod your weapons differently because flat damage mods don't scale very well with his Vex Armor.

His 1 and 4 are basically useless atm. That's why so many player want a rework.

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Nidus is also great for Power Strength buffs, and territory control; can fall a little flat against corpus due to nullifers, since he relies heavily on abilities. But you can kind of remedy his low level over-killing with less power strength.

Chroma can make his and allies weapons extremely powerful paired with fire elemental ward and the augment you can increase the EHP of the whole squad. On top of this, it's one of the few frames that bode well in Eidolon hunts.

Edited by Synpai

8 minutes ago, Gweredith said:

You already seem biased towards Nidus. Go Nidus.

see maybe slightly since I dont know much about chroma, thats why I came here to ask for more info, im sure that without prime version I would not consider chroma, why, couse he is ugly imo, that does not mean I would not enjoy him more. Big part also plays my Inaros, that is very often compared to Nidus in terms that they are both undying tanks, if I have one why go for the other right, well I dont know thats why im here.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)King-Ballor said:

see maybe slightly since I dont know much about chroma, thats why I came here to ask for more info, im sure that without prime version I would not consider chroma, why, couse he is ugly imo, that does not mean I would not enjoy him more. Big part also plays my Inaros, that is very often compared to Nidus in terms that they are both undying tanks, if I have one why go for the other right, well I dont know thats why im here.

Here is why you should choose Nidus:

Chroma can be seen as a one trick pony. All you have to do is maintain your 3, and you are squishy without it. With Nidus you can just pop into any mission and not care about maintaining anything nor about getting stacks unless you need them. You have a very good CC on demand, you have a great damage ability, your 1, whose strength you have the liberty to increase or keep as is depending on the mission level. You have an on demand healing station, your 4, on top of the already incredible healing passive. Your 3 is the easy mode button for when you don't want to bother paying attention to your health bar. 

Nidus has been my go to warframe for over a year now and for good reasons. I love his versatility and independence.

to answer all the get both comments, yeah in time I would like to have all frames I like, that time is not now, I dont have time to farm both and get plat for more slots, im just looking for frame to get now, to focus on, that can help me get further, get better stuff that I can sell to get plat for more slots and make farming for other parts easier, are there people that could done it better, sure, can I do it any other way, right now sorry no

4 hours ago, (PS4)King-Ballor said:

he is also really great only for one type of mission, really long type

That is completely wrong, and you should ignore people who say it. While it is definitely true that he is at his absolute best in longer missions, he's still really good at shorter missions, though for different reasons. His high Health, high Armor, and built-in Health Regen means that he can worry less about his own survival and more about the objective. I've had Capture missions where I downed the target, then immediately captured them while under fire from other enemies. Most Frames would have had to clear the area to pull that off, but I was able to just tank the damage. And I did it without any Mutation Stacks.

Nidus' big advantage in faster missions, as well as over Inaros, is that he has a lot of passive survivability. He doesn't have to do anything to keep his Health topped up, because it's always going up. Inaros has a lot of Health, but he has to actively work to maintain it.

Nidus is a great Frame no matter what type of mission you're doing. He's at his best in longer missions, but he still makes shorter missions a breeze.