Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #118!

[DE]Rebecca

Hey DE here's some questions.

Will we ever get the ability to customize our Tenno Specter apperances? Colors, helmets, syandanas, sigils armor? p.s. Revenant specters are kinda broken atm

Can we get a Radio/Somachord/Mandachord module for the K-drives to let us play music while we grind?

Has DE ever considered the idea of Tennogen for tiles? So players can make tiles and similar to regular Tennogen it's given final tweaks or critique from DE staff then submitted into the game for all players?
I think this would bring more life into Tile Sets that have been neglected for a long time. (Jupiter is my favourite tileset so I'm hyped for the remaster) Plus many players have already shown great creativity in Dojos, why restrict that to just Dojos?
If there is the desire to compensate creators I recommend taking the TF2/Valve approach and having "stamps" that give some money towards its creator for said tile. Maybe even award the players for purchasing by having a sigil or emblem tied to it.
Lastly given how a map/tile is different from viewing a helmet it might make sense to have some option to go inside and test it for both creator and players to better get a feel for it before voting.
I'm not going to assume but I remember hearing about players making their own Tiles at TennoCon.

Somewhat similar to the above question, will we ever get the option to place props/objects in Captura? I feel the tech for it is already existant enough for it to be a (relatively) easy transfer since it can be done in Dojos, however I'm no game Dev.

Is there any intention to maybe rework or redo the space skyboxs for the various planets in Warframe? I feel as though many of them seem to be quite dated. I'd assume with the upcoming additions to Venus it'd make sense from a lore perspective to add those Orokin planetary defense systems, also I'd like to mention most of the time when looking outside the Private Quarters window you are just looking out at empty space.

Similar to the prior question, is there any new Railjack concept art or work we could have the pleasure of viewing?

As is often the case in Warframe and just games in general, what used to be a bug or glitch can become a feature, many players have found out how to get on the exterior of the Orbiter and decorate the ship from the outside, I think this would be a great thing to expand upon.
Since relevent features are coming with Railjack, is there a chance we could use our Archwing to go outside our Orbiter when we're outside of missions and use it to view our Orbiter and decorate it from the outside such as placing noggles on the exterior side of windows?

Is there a specific reason why in Warframe wall latching has a set duration? I personally don't see it as game breaking for someone to latch onto a wall for 5 minutes straight (though that would be annoying if they're afking), it just seems like an outdated idea. Aim gliding I can understand as that fills in more of a "matrix slow time" sort of deal but for Wall Latching I feel there should not be any limitations.
I might even say Wall Latching could or should be made permanent. Compare it to the recent changes to Archwing, by removing a limitation (archwing deployers and making the transition instant). It actually makes a feature more fun and more used. I don't really see players wall latching and shooting while mounted on a wall. Remove the timer on wall latching and it could open more possibilities. Such as latching onto a ceiling.
In a game about being ninjas it just feels right to have that. Hiding up high on a wall or ceiling to ambush a target or just to simply avoid some gunfire.

In the distant past, you've mentioned melee weapons for Operators. Do you have any further plans for this?

On another note, the Chimera update has made my FPS drop down significantly, and the quest itself causes my GTX 970 driver to crash every single time I attempt it.

Can you allow founders to use Excal Prime's helmet and skin on Excal Umbra. Many of us that are still around would really appreciate this. Also, any chance we can get a glyph that matches the Founder badges and sigil. I really like the star, would be nice to have it as a glyph option.

Now that exalted weapons have unique models can we get the option to use the nonprime variants on Umbra and Primed frames. Right now this only impacts Excalibur but with Mesa likely on the way it would be a nice feature.

Will we ever get an alternative method to get the PVP exclusive skins. I know they are supposed to be a notoriety thing but it is hard to get standing when you are faced with constantly empty lobbies and you did let us buy the Riv Elite armor. Would be nice to have a similar option for the weapon skins.

Can we get information on the Helmynth system?

Whatever happened to the other Proto weapon skins you showed off quite a while ago?

Anything new on Vaubaun or Chroma rework ideas. Most of the community is in agreement that they are not in a good spot.

Can we get additional appearance slots for frames. 6 would be nice.

Can we get more loadout slots as well.

Is there any intentions to look into the Riven system and address some of the longstanding issues with it like the extreme RNG and seemingly constantly out of date dispositions that rarely get updated.

Can we please get Plague Star as a standard reoccuring event, possibly tied to infested invasions also get some diversity added to the mission. Perhaps adding some of the other infested bosses and changing up the missions so we aren't running the same fetch, defend,fetch,defend, kill boss 4 times mission over and over.

Are there any plans to do a review of armor and skin color channels or allow us to color armor pieces/helmets separately? Several have metallics not in the auxiliary slot or mismatched channels between armor pieces in the same set.

Can we get a way to remove duplicate syandanas/helmets from our inventory or make them stack like duplicate items do in other menus? They clutter up your inventory and don't serve a function since arcanes were moved to their own slots.

Can we get the scripts from the Prime trailers added to the codex for the related frames?

On PC is it possible to give us the option to hotkey certain menus. Would be nice to be able to just hit an unused button on my keyboard to go to my foundry or decorate my ship rather than going through several menus.

Can we get custom positioning for primaries and secondaries like melee weapons have. It would allow us to adjust for a lot of the clipping that occurs in the game and you could sell custom positions for them like the melee ones.

14 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Can we at least get an acknowledgement or an update of some kind on Zephyr's Deluxe, it's been over two years now, guys.

Waiting as well. Any update on Zephyr deluxe would be nice. 😇

25 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Please ask your questions here! Thread closes at 10 a.m ET on Friday, October 19th!  

If only that were true for any non-fluff question...

😕

If questions are actually going to be answered, then here's two:

With the new rooms being added to dojos, will the dojo room capacity of 101 ever see an increase?

Will platinum within a clan's vault ever serve a real purpose, such as usable to buy market decorations specifically for a dojo?

When we will be able to add Umbra polarity to our warframe ?

Those mods offer some interesting build possibilities but alongside primed mods it's impossible to fit them due to lack of 2 sometimes even 3 points which is quite annoying if you want to play around with different builds.

If that would be OP for some reason there could be always limit per frame (1/2 Max Umbral polarity on warframe) or this limit could be related to MR which would allow high MR players to use more Endgame stuff.

Will you let PoE die as it is or will you expand stuff, for example Unum tower?

PBR pass finish when? If you don't have time, why don't you outsource the items that still need PBR to Tennogen artists that have shown to be more than able to do amazing stuff? Some items that lack PBR are cosmetics, Warframes, weapons that are premium and people pay money for low level quality content

When will you finally focus on putting old one time events into the game and tie up all the lore? The more stories you add, the more the lack of the lore background for new players becomes annoying.

Will you rework operator animations as they are ugly?

I'ma just copy-paste my questions from the last devstream since you all didn't rly talk about any of these.

After Fortuna, will you all take a break from Open-World spaces and visit some planets instead to give us new tilesets? Because right now, I still play planet missions ALOT more than PoE. (EDIT: Cuz you know, void fissure missions are on planets, arbitrations are now on planets, onslaught missions are on planets, sorties are on planets, kuva siphons and floods are on planets. You get the idea.) Is the new AA coming with Fortuna? Looks at Steve patiently...

So after Fortuna maybe we'll get prime trailers for the last few primes that released WITHOUT trailers? Also can we see more of the melee rework as opposed to spamming Fortuna stuff constantly? I still feel that the Fortuna update is way out yet you all are constantly talking about it, which is in stark contrast to how tight-lipped you all usually are with cinematic quests. What about that movement update you all talked about with the return of wall-running and the ninja-esque stuff? Looks at Geoff and Steve patiently...

Will you ever give Ember an entire new kit? The many reworks of the past have just altogether destroyed the frame's focus, purpose and performance and while I'd love to be able to use that frame, her abilities leave way too much to be desired, especially when compared to other frames that recently received reworks. What's the word on Garuda? Is she going to be a dps frame? Is she going to be thicc? These are important questions. Looks at Scott patiently...

When will Primed Chamber be available for everyone to have? Will kubrows ever get a rework? Their AI needs a serious look at and their abilities could also do with some reworks to make them the strong, viable companions they were supposed to be. Tenno's best friends all just stay in stasis at the moment. Looks at Sheldon patiently...

I need more Vent kids' theme music. Looks at George longingly...

As for new questions, what is the intention for the Paracesis having higher max rank compared to all other weapons in-game? Will there be more weapons of this manner? Can we get some of the strata relay decorations as dojo decorations please?

So! three things i'm interested in:

1) Which Frames are in the line for reworking? in which order?
2) Are you going to address the feedback of Arbitrations in the forums on this devstream?
3) Any news on melee 3.0?! Workshop when? release when?

And about reworks:

The thing is, i don't feel this mainline update did enough to the content drought. It was like throwing a glass of water in a desert. I understand you guys are busy with Fortuna and probably Railjack and New War, even. I don't ask for new content meanwhile you produce new content. But i do ask to see the old frames reworked as you guys did with Nezha, which was an amazing job. Until Fortuna i can have a lot of fun trying new builds with old frames.

Anyway, that is all. And please, don't let the devstream be another 20+ minutes of fortuna. We like it already, and we're excited: now show us something else. Either from railjack or whatever. Or just answer more questions on stream.

That's all. Thank you guys for your amazing work on Warframe.

So since its been revealed we'll be getting some kind of rework of the gas city tileset. Is there any chance in the future we'll see some undamaged versions of some unique rooms seen on the orokin derelict, europa, or eris' corpus ships in their normal counterparts in the void and on corpus ships? Some of them are quite interesting and would add up a bit of a change to the current rooms available in those tilesets.

Archived