Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #118!

[DE]Rebecca

28 minutes ago, bomberman1770 said:

Will there be some consideration about allowing you to only get riven mods for weapons you currently have? I feel like currently the riven market is so bloated I wouldn't want to touch it at all.

That sounds sensible but it ought to be as is to encourage people to buy or try new weapons and allow for the trading economy to be however it is. I keep all mine so far, it determines which weapons i might catalyze.

Hi, wanted to ask next questions:

Would Mars have day and night cycle same as Earth? Skybox with stars and Phobos would've looked great.

Syndicate missions in open world? Would love to do those in Eidolon and Fortuna instead of running the pipe every time.

Hello Rebecca and thanks for one more Devstream.

I have some questions:

• Do you intend to make Primed Chamber available at some point? It's sad to see this mod and not being able to touch it.
  • Do you have any plans for Magnetic Damage? maybe we can see with Fortuna?

Thank you and good work.

2 hours ago, DarkLight748 said:

Any chance on dedicated servers? Elite Alerts is just, … has died, host migration in progress, connection to the host lost. And with Fortuna it might start becoming a bigger problem.

My suggestion here would be , dedicated servers in a data centre possibly in Toronto rather than London? Just an idea. 🙂 

First post on here because I'm newish to the Warframe. Only been playing for a couple of months, but I've been playing daily and I managed to drag 3 friends with me and we all love playing it.  Our discord has an Alert notifier and everything We're really getting into it.

One thing I noticed is Alert rewards are vastly different throughout the EST USA Business hours than Evening same timezone...

For example -
Monday 11am EST Orokin Reactor, then again at 3pm EST Orokin Reactor...   After 5pm EST literally nothing of value like that.
Tuesday 9am EST Orokin Catalyst, then 3pm EST Forma... After 5pm EST nothing but skins, credits and endo.
The same thing happened the week before, it seemed like between the hours of 9am and 3pm EST USA there are a LOT more Forma and Orokin and Forma Blueprints that are Alert rewards, then in peak playing time EST it's just credits, Endo, a skin here and there, but no real Orokin or Forma, or they are VERY rare.

So with this I'd like the Alerts to have a very similar system to Fissures... (Open the Spoiler for a really long post)

Spoiler

The Fissure reward system is without a doubt the best I've seen in the last decade for rewards... Only because I really REALLY like this system I think it's just random enough but also not so much in your face that it feels like you need to pray to RNGesus while wearing a paper mache mask of your favorite warframe!

The three friends and I through this would make it even better. - Each time an Alert if generated, the reward goes into a bucket, at the end of the mission, each player gets a random reward from that bucket, and each Tenno has a chance to choose which reward you want. Exactly like how the Fissure's rewards work.

So an example of the first two days of this week, the reward bucket would have, 2x Orokin Reactors, 1x Orokin Catalyst, and 1x Forma, about 20 various Credit rewards, and another 10 Endo Rewards, about 5 different skins and lastly about 5 weapon blueprints..

At the end of any alert mission, each player gets a random choice from the reward bucket, and each player can choose which reward they want from the four given. Obviously if only 2 did the mission there is only two choices.

The catch - The rewards shown are removed from the reward pool regardless of if it was chosen or not. So in this pool it very well could come up as T1 (Tenno 1) Is rewarded a Reactor, T2 The Forma, T3 The Catalyst, T4 the other Reactor.    This forces you to choose which one you want, because no matter how many other alerts you run, those options are gone from your Alert reward pool.

First thing I thought of is "That would be impossible as the reward pool would get MASSIVE!" so to counter that, when an item entered the reward pool, it stays in there for 48 hours before it's automatically removed. So at most, each player has 48 hours of Alerts banked up in their alert reward pool.

Second issue - How to track each players available alert reward pool!?!? - This is easier than it sounds - Simply make each alert reward have an ID of the time stamp. You only need to hold onto 48 of them (Assuming it's 1 alert per hour). As a Tenno completes the mission all four randomly chosen time-stamps are added to the Tenno's temporary cache of unavailable reward pool. Again you only need to keep a track of at most 48 of these and each time the time-stamp ticks past 48 hours, it clears it. So each account only needs 48 time-stamp slots, and the server only needs 48 time stamps with the reward ID as a link. If Tenno chooses Reward 2, they get the corresponding reward from the associated time-stamp.

That sounds INSANE and STUPIDLY COMPLEX!! - Well it's not so much for the players but for a developer's mind on how to tackle such a seemly complex reward system, it's pretty solid.

Yeah but a Tenno will burn through their reward pool so quick, it's 48 possible rewards being depleted at 4 a run! - So sure, lets assume for a second they don't play for 2 days, so they have a FULL reward pool! They'd need to complete 12 alerts to burn through the entire alert pool.. But you can't, at any given time there is what 4-5 alerts... So they login, and lets assume there are 6 alerts showing - They quick rush 6 alerts with full squads - They've burned through 24 of the possible rewards, but they can't do any more alerts because none are available. Lets assume they time it just right to when they finish the 6th alert the oldest one has dropped off and a new one starts, making it 7 back to back alerts - BUT remember that new alert added a reward to the pool so before they start that 7th, they actually have 25 rewards available. So they finish it off leaving 21 possible rewards left. - Lets assume it's a new alert an hour - that Tenno would need to wait around for the next 7 hours, each time a new alert starts they run it. 7 hours later, the reward available to them all is the reward that got added to the alert pool when the alert started. But of all 55 possible rewards that were offered in that time frame, a single Tenno only gets 14 of them. That's just 25.5% of all the available rewards over 7 hours with the maximum possible reward pool.

See the idea is not about giving everyone all the rewards, it's so they can have a possibility of getting a reward that was offered for an alert while they couldn't play Warframe. And it doesn't reward Tenno's that farm 24/7. They still only get the 1 reward offered at the time of the Alert. This is all about enabling people that can't sit on Warframe 24 hours a day and giving them a shot of rewards that are offered while they sleep or work.

The Fissure system is by far the best implementation of RNG I've seen in a game, it's not one that annoys you, it's not one that makes it seem like you're being ripped off. If you Relic produces a sucky reward but the next tenno's is awesome you can choose that. THIS is a BRILLIANT example of how to deal with RNG burn out. It really does still give you that dopamine response and since you're choosing which one you get, you're also re-enforcing and agreeing with your choice so there is literally ZERO animosity toward it.

What I'd like to see is the Alert system have the same type of reward structure, it's literally the best out there.

Thank you for reading :)

The OP layout needs to change to remove the "Please ask your questions here!" since no question is answered during Devstreams 1.0. Anyway, in case of a miracle :

What are your thoughts on allowing multiple polarities on a warframe mod slot (and on weapons too eventually)?
Each one requiring another forma of course.
The only advantage it gives to the players is to avoid having several times the same frames just for diversity builds purpose. Not to mention the mess it'd be since you can't differentiate same frames easily before equipping them. I'm personally kinda stuck due to this issue, many builds i want to do on different frames but it'd #*!% up my current ones.

Is melee 3.0 expected to drop before or after fortuna?

Are bows ever going to get looked at/buffed to be more viable, similar to how sniper rifles were?

Can we get a zaw/kitgun skin system at some point?

Are we going to get any new lore items, similar to the kuria, but for the lotus/ballas?

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Do you think Riven prices are getting out of hand? Prices are hitting 5 digit values more frequently.

I give them away or trade them for Ayatan sculptures which I like a lot more than mods that clog up my mod bench and cause constant error messages about having too many. That or I melt them into endo. If you are paying for rivins, especially large amounts, you aren't playing a game, you are getting the shaft.

hace 2 horas, Lored dijo:

When next Double Resource Weekend? Last one was more than 1 year ago.

Any news:

• "Kingpin" system;
  • Thumper Bot from 105 and 106 devstreams;
  • Any chance to PoE grinding changes before OV;
  • Pets 2.0;
  • Cephalon Samodeus lore or something(some fragments across world like kuria with some stories) with it;
  • Companion/pets commands system;
  • Any warframe add in Arbitrations droplist.

How about: 

• New archwing & arch-weapons;
  • New Landing Craft ship;
  • New mechanics with Helminth Infirmary room;
    • Infested Kavat;
  • New Kavat type;
  • New Venus Kubrow type(Kubrodons) 1 and 2;
  • Status mods like Rifle Aptitude rework;
  • Sentinels weapons Augments;
  • Unique skins for Login Rewards weapons (Azima, Zenistar...)
  • Clan management system:
    • Fields for "Clan description"(Clan Rules), except for the already available "motd"
    • More information for admins:
      • Player(x) invite Player(y);
      • Curent resources progress (%);
      • Curent research progress (%);
    • More flexible and variable "Hierarchy and Roles" system:
      • Stricter access to the Dojo and Labs (to avoid players who join the clan, buy BP's and leave).
  • New map for Relay's and Dojo (colored with markers) like in PoE or OV;
  • Dojo:
    • Custom Obstacle Course increase decoration limit;
    • Remove/change requirement Hemocyte Cystolith for Plague Star clan trophies;
    • In-room spawn point(marker);
    • Changeable statues in Temple of Honor;
    • Infested & Corpus statues decorations (now only Grineer);
    • Weapon racks decorations;
    • Infested theme decorations;
    • Orokin Derelict theme decorations;    
    • Factions Storage Containers;
    • Factions Resource Caches;
    • NPC for dojo;
    • Sentient Lab;
    • Syndicate rooms (like in relay);
    • Dojo Hangar (like in relay);
  • Boss reworks:
    • The Sergeant;
    • Hyena Pack;
    • Phorid;
    • Zanuka Hunter.

you can add Channeling 2.0 system to the questions 

The frequent, blinking Convergence orb induces headaches and migraines, making Lens’d frames annoying to play when not farming Focus. Might we see a means to distill Focus Lenses when they’re not in use, or at least to toggle Convergence procs?

Presently if a Sentinel or Companion dies, the only way to bring it back is to die and spend a self-Revive. Could we perhaps see an alternate means to forcibly revive them mid-mission, such as a consumable?

Is there any concern that Warframe ability kits are becoming too complex? Important facets of frames like Limbo, Oberon, Frost, Saryn, etc. are not mentioned in-game, so players who missed the patch notes don't know to roll to cancel Banish, combine Hallowed Ground with Renewal for armor, or cast Freeze to break Snow Globe.

Since Steve discussed addressing “mandatory” mods like Serration and multishot, you’ve added Primed Point Blank, Primed Pressure Point and Riven mods to the game, which reinforce the current system. Have you officially gone back on plans to address these mods in Damage 3.0?

Players allied with New Loka/Perrin Sequence have no means to obtain the Large Shield Restore blueprint, even though all four Large Restore blueprints are available to allies of Cephalon Suda/Arbiters of Hexis. Might we see this playing field leveled out in the future?

While it is understandable why entering a Conduit in Sanctuary Onslaught resets abilities and energy, why does it not also reset things like ammo, health or fallen companions?

Akvasto Prime: When?

Couple questions:

-I heard that when melee 3.0 drops, we will no longer be able to channel weapons. That being said, will that mean you will no longer be able to deflect ranged attacks and what will happen to mods that effect channeling efficiency and damage? 

-Is there a plan to add more content that will drop riven mods or will sorties remain as the only way to acquire them?

Archived