Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random alerts rewards needs a buff

Lysithea.Nya

I've seen so many random alerts with like 5k credits reward or something like ONE rare resource... I mean, go to any survival mission that has resource that is in alert rewards and you'll get 5-10 times more for just 5 minutes, despite alert survivals requires 10 minutes. Why not buff credits to 50-150k random range and normal resources to at least 10k, while rare resources amount to 10, or something within that range, so there would be an actual reason to run alerts? And forma blueprint, really? For running who-knows-how-much-time-it-takes defection mission? Couldn't it be ready to use forma?

My conclusion is that most of random alerts are totally useless, even for the very beginning players. 

5 часов назад, Bombarder0 сказал:

There is a reason there is

elite

arbritrations

m8

Elite alerts are meant to be endgame tryhard content, while normal alerts, I suppose, were designed to provide some alternate way to get some resources and credits to mix out survivals and index farming. But they just do not work that way, alerts are serving no purpose unless it's orokin reactor or nitain or something like that. Even tellurium is way more easier to just farm in survival than bother doing alert for one piece of it. Every time I see alert with 10k credits or 1 neurode reward I'm like "sigh...". Boosting alerts would be nice to give people reason to run normal missions and make overall gameplay a bit more interesting.

yeah. im not going to do either a survival for 10 minutes, interception for 2 rounds, 3 consoles for mobile defense, or 10 waves of defense just to get ONE rare resource or a few uncommon resources and most definitely not common resources or credits.

maybe rewarding for beginners, but weve seen missions like this placed in high level nodes

Edited by MysticDragonMage

For a new player 10k Credits arent that bad.

Also if there is an argon alert, of course no one who can go to the Void would do that,

but someone who hasnt cleared the starchart yet might need that.

When i started out, i found some of them useful.

Edit: Forma, yes a vet might have 100's of bp's,

but some newer people in my clan actually struggle to get the bps sometimes via fissures, so this is good for them aswell.

Edited by DreisterDino

for mos of us, yes, alerts aren't that rewarding, but for newer players it's a lot quicker and less boring than having to go into survival every time you need a certain amount of resources. endless farming is more optimal in the long run but casuals don't always have the time to spend 20-40 mins or more farming polymer or whatever. for me, it's just something to do when there's nothing else, and it doesn't hurt to stock up even more on a resource I already have lots of (not like you gotta pay for slots to hold Nitain, right?) 

I think less than 10k credits is a bit rubbish though, newbies might not have access to the Index right away and that's fine, but minimum 15k credits is not unreasonable, it takes about that much just to build a weapon in the foundry, and unless you grind the Index like a madman, you'll end up low on them eventually no matter what, especially if you trade a lot. let players get more credits, they still get kicked in the nuts by some resources in the end anyway.

YES totally agree.

I think its just a case of being outdated.

I mean say you get a 10 wave alert for 1 morphic. A normal non alert 5 wave likely drops like 5 of them.

Oxium still tight for many so the 300 oxium alert is still worth grabbing for some.

Tellurium worth it it too. Just due to the rng scarcity of it. 

With log in revamp being sorted, alert revamp mught yet come.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)WeeMalk5 said:

YES totally agree.

I think its just a case of being outdated.

I mean say you get a 10 wave alert for 1 morphic. A normal non alert 5 wave likely drops like 5 of them.

Oxium still tight for many so the 300 oxium alert is still worth grabbing for some.

Tellurium worth it it too. Just due to the rng scarcity of it. 

With log in revamp being sorted, alert revamp mught yet come.

Agreed, considering the daily drops were updated I'd say they should complete the process and make the events more rewarding for how much work they require.  One of a single item that you can farm for (depending on where you are in the system) is a joke especially when you have items that cost multiple of said material.

9 hours ago, rsod25 said:

I've seen so many random alerts with like 5k credits reward or something like ONE rare resource... I mean, go to any survival mission that has resource that is in alert rewards and you'll get 5-10 times more for just 5 minutes, despite alert survivals requires 10 minutes. Why not buff credits to 50-150k random range and normal resources to at least 10k, while rare resources amount to 10, or something within that range, so there would be an actual reason to run alerts? And forma blueprint, really? For running who-knows-how-much-time-it-takes defection mission? Couldn't it be ready to use forma?

My conclusion is that most of random alerts are totally useless, even for the very beginning players. 

But in case you hadn't noticed, you frequently get a lot more than what is listed in the alert...especially with Excavation, Exterminate & Defence missions, depending how long you stay. Even Sabotage & Defection mission can reward well.

This is even more true if you do them solo.

Capture & Rescue missions tend to be over quicker, so its only right you get less for doing them.

I think the rewards are fine, given the aim of the game is to make players grind. Increase the rewards - reduce the grind. The amounts you're talking about would make it far too easy.

The only thing I struggled with as a new player was forking out 50k every couple of weeks for DNA stabilisers to keep my Helminth Charger alive. Glad they changed that.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

The only alert I've done consistently is nitain extract because you don't get them anywhere else except occasional ghoul purge, but the drop rate there is abysmal. Did a few oxium alerts too when I didn't have booster and before they upped osprey spawn rates.

They really should look into buffing every single alert except nitain because it's not for new players only, but also for more advanced players, because they appear everywhere in star chart.

Good to see others have seen the hiccups of Alerts and given ways make them more appealing to higher end players. I admit I do like to run the Alerts once in a while to see what is going on with them. Maybe something will be different in them to mark such a low credit (for high end players). 

I was thinking about making the Alerts and credit cache rewards have a scaling value depending on your MR. Not many things are annoying to me in the game besides doing an Alert and ONLY getting the Alert reward. No Excavator reward besides cryo. No SPY reward besides the Affinity. No RESCUE reward even though we killed all the Wardens. 

Make the Alert reward go by a tier level depending on MR. This could be adopted work especially for those missions that should give more than Affinity for hitting the marks.

8 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Alerts- A way for newbies to have access to things they need.
Sorties- for vets
Invasions- For vets to help newies

Granted, Vets take advantage of all of it. It's fine the way it is.

Vets always seem to want better rewards for all game modes...because they already have everything, so nothing seems that great or useful anymore. :thinking:

All the alerts need is resource scaling that reflects on the level of the mission.

A defense with lvl 35-45 grineer that only gives 500 polymer? hell no
The same mission with 2500 polymer? why not
(bad example but you know what I mean)

Same for rare resources
Nobody thats not desperately in need of orokin cells wants to play a lvl 50+ alert that takes 10+ mins while a 5-8 extermination gives the same

On 2018-10-18 at 10:06 AM, (PS4)WeeMalk5 said:

Void traces us another odd one, an alert gives 20. It could be a 10 wave or 2 round intercept at times.

You often can get more than that on single short fissure mission and get other rewards as well as open a relic.

I usually get 15 Traces per relic and there is also the minimun of 7 that pops up to make me twist my nose, Its too much RNG.

Also, in those alerts I dont need to use a Relic to get those Traces.

Aside from the other Alert's rewards, I find the Void ones to be a good deal.

When I was new to the game, even as a fresh newbie, they were kinda pointless because of the amount it rewards. A newbie isn't just gonna afk in orbiters, they're actively running starchart to progress, and they'll get more credits/resources by running normal missions for it, with the exception of more rare ones like orokin cells or oxium.