Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I know Channeling's About To Be Changed.... But Have a Video Explaining the Good and Bad About it Anyways...

HisokaXEveryone

informative video for sure 🙂 didn't know that dot effects triggered Life Strike.....but then again i dont use LS as i prefer Healing Return due to it working with quick melee (+9 healing per status effect per enemy hit). Does LS trigger from the dots even if your not channeling after the initial hits?

As channeling as we know it is going away, I guess it would be kinda of pointless to mention that you didnt say anything about the operator Zenurik Inner Might, which at max rank is a Reflex Coil with needing a mod slot on the melee. (+60% to energy efficiency when channeling), which doesnt show up in the arsenal, though i think it can show up when your in the arsenal of the Simulacrum. it WOULD be spoilers for new watchers, so i could see why it wasnt mentioned.

12 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

informative video for sure 🙂 didn't know that dot effects triggered Life Strike.....but then again i dont use LS as i prefer Healing Return due to it working with quick melee (+9 healing per status effect per enemy hit). Does LS trigger from the dots even if your not channeling after the initial hits?

As channeling as we know it is going away, I guess it would be kinda of pointless to mention that you didnt say anything about the operator Zenurik Inner Might, which at max rank is a Reflex Coil with needing a mod slot on the melee. (+60% to energy efficiency when channeling), which doesnt show up in the arsenal, though i think it can show up when your in the arsenal of the Simulacrum. it WOULD be spoilers for new watchers, so i could see why it wasnt mentioned.

Glad you enjoyed the video!

As long as you channel for the initial hit, you can then stop channeling and let the LS dots heal you. In fact, there's a neat trick that Limbo can do where he stasis's an enemy after he's created a life strike bleed, and then leave them. This'll make the dots(and heals) last until stasis wears off, and if he refreshes it while they're still effected and uses Rift Surge to boot them back into the void, he can probably get 4 full rounds of stasis per enemy. Not that useful a trick unless at extremely high levels where enemies can actually live that long, and mostly a way to heal chip damage(Prolly great with adaptation), but it is a neat thing to be aware of.

Also, me not mentioning Inner Might was me just forgetting it exists. 😄 It's a very good option for channeling, though I personally prefer running Madurai for the enhanced damage and Eidolon killing capability.

The ONLY incentive I had for trying to use Channeling was Life Strike.  Everything dies so fast anyway that boosting your attack through Channeling seemed like an inconsequential button press.  Regardless, I found that activating Channeling was always SO freakin' buggy.  Sometimes it was turned on, sometimes it wasn't.  Sometimes visually I couldn't even tell with all the bloom and explosions and buffs making my character glow.  I died so many times trying to activate Life Strike only to see my health continue downward rapidly to death as I killed enemies.  Add on the fact that Channeling seems to not work with Exalted Blade.  

It was a very easy choice switching to Healing Return and ignore Channeling forever.   When a feature largely goes unused, or requires a mod for anyone to take notice of it, it's probably not a very good feature and should be revamped and/or scrapped altogether.  

Edited by AlMcFly

Due to what appears to be a long standing bug, I have never used channeling on PC. (I want to set melee channeling to middle mouse and make it a toggle, but it has never worked.)

So sad to miss out on Life Strike... Interesting video though! 👍