Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Frame Idea

theoriginalzero

I was laying in bed last night when I dreamed up a new frame, it is a frame based entirely of Grineer tech. My idea involves a simple wrist rocket as his first and his 4th would be Gatling arms that have a duration. I haven't fully thought up a second and third ability except maybe a time limited ammo regen and the ability to drop barriers. As a passive I thought maybe a jet pack as a second jump. Any thoughts would be appreciated

On 2018-10-18 at 1:46 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I mean, no one said we couldn’t give steel meridian an empty Warframe husk an say “have fun

Reminds me of the scene in Ironman 2 where they start modifying warmachine ...

On 2018-10-19 at 7:11 AM, theoriginalzero said:

something resembling marvels warmachine

I Knew it.

Also, if we want to avoid messing with lore we can simply make this look like a "normal" warframe, i.e. not grineer. But then give it a skin, probably a deluxe skin, that makes it look like a grineer. Then make the lore of it say that it has guns and stuff integrated inside of it, i.e. more machine than most warframes, and give it a cyborg type appearance.

Also, my idea interpretation:

Armor 800

Health 600

Shields 0

Energy 150

sprint speed 0.95

Passive Thick Armor: takes 50% less self-damage (maybe more)

1st Rocket barrage: shots 3 rockets that explode on impact dealing damage to nearby enemies and knocking them down. Damage and number of rockets scales with power strength. Cost effected by efficiency.

1 augment: rockets will now proc one of the elements on your currently equipped primary weapons, in addition to knocking them down. If no primary is equipped then fire will be chosen (note mods on primary does NOT increase damage, just effects what elements will proc)

2nd Barrier: places a barrier, similar to grineer ramparts, with 250 health. Has initial invulnerability period where incoming damage is added to the health of the barrier. The barrier takes 10 damage every second it is active and only takes 1 damage every time it is hit. Activating again will place a new barrier and removes the old one. Duration affects invulnerability period. Strength effects initial health of the barrier. Cost is effected by efficiency. (Note; if an enemy sees the barrier they will not be alerted to it and will block their line of sight from what is behind it, so you can hide behind it)

2 augment: being in range of a barrier increases your and allies armor by the amount of health the barrier has. Range is effected by power range.

3rd Resupply: provides ammo mutation and doubles the amount of ammo picked up for currently equipped weapon for 20 seconds. The duration is effected by power duration. The amount of ammo you get is effected by power strength. The cost is effected by power strength.

3 augment: allies within range will gain the resupply buff when casting Resupply. Range is effected by power strength. (Note: casting Resupply is a two handed action and will stop you reloading)

4th "My little friend": summons exalted minigun, (think of it like Heavy's gun from TF2). Ammo restores like an arch-gun and has a magazine size of 2000 bullets, firerate of 20 per second, charge delay of 1.5 seconds and recharge time of 2.5 seconds. Each shot is 30 slash, 50 puncture and 40 impact at base. 25% crit, 2.0x crit multi and 35% status. Damage increases from 100% to 200% whilst firing over a course of 2 seconds.

4 augment: minigun no longer has infinite ammo (for reloading) and can't reload. Running out of ammo cancels the ability. However, you can now pick up ammo whilst firing, every time you pick up a piece of ammo, gain 5% increased damage and 5% increased fire rate, both capping at 200%.

Tried to match what OP said and tried to make it sound like a grineer. The main "build" for this frame would be to use the 4's augment with the resupply buff on to mow down everything in your way and gain more damage doing so. Oh and don't forget to have the terminator theme on in the background.

9 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

Also, my idea interpretation:

Armor 800

Health 600

Shields 0

Energy 150

sprint speed 0.95

Passive Thick Armor: takes 50% less self-damage (maybe more)

1st Rocket barrage: shots 3 rockets that explode on impact dealing damage to nearby enemies and knocking them down. Damage and number of rockets scales with power strength. Cost effected by efficiency.

1 augment: rockets will now proc one of the elements on your currently equipped primary weapons, in addition to knocking them down. If no primary is equipped then fire will be chosen (note mods on primary does NOT increase damage, just effects what elements will proc)

2nd Barrier: places a barrier, similar to grineer ramparts, with 250 health. Has initial invulnerability period where incoming damage is added to the health of the barrier. The barrier takes 10 damage every second it is active and only takes 1 damage every time it is hit. Activating again will place a new barrier and removes the old one. Duration affects invulnerability period. Strength effects initial health of the barrier. Cost is effected by efficiency. (Note; if an enemy sees the barrier they will not be alerted to it and will block their line of sight from what is behind it, so you can hide behind it)

2 augment: being in range of a barrier increases your and allies armor by the amount of health the barrier has. Range is effected by power range.

3rd Resupply: provides ammo mutation and doubles the amount of ammo picked up for currently equipped weapon for 20 seconds. The duration is effected by power duration. The amount of ammo you get is effected by power strength. The cost is effected by power strength.

3 augment: allies within range will gain the resupply buff when casting Resupply. Range is effected by power strength. (Note: casting Resupply is a two handed action and will stop you reloading)

4th "My little friend": summons exalted minigun, (think of it like Heavy's gun from TF2). Ammo restores like an arch-gun and has a magazine size of 2000 bullets, firerate of 20 per second, charge delay of 1.5 seconds and recharge time of 2.5 seconds. Each shot is 30 slash, 50 puncture and 40 impact at base. 25% crit, 2.0x crit multi and 35% status. Damage increases from 100% to 200% whilst firing over a course of 2 seconds.

4 augment: minigun no longer has infinite ammo (for reloading) and can't reload. Running out of ammo cancels the ability. However, you can now pick up ammo whilst firing, every time you pick up a piece of ammo, gain 5% increased damage and 5% increased fire rate, both capping at 200%.

Tried to match what OP said and tried to make it sound like a grineer. The main "build" for this frame would be to use the 4's augment with the resupply buff on to mow down everything in your way and gain more damage doing so. Oh and don't forget to have the terminator theme on in the background.

I almost cried reading this lol i'm glad you were able to translate for me

Edit: was just thinking what if his passive ability was an enemy radar instead 😄

Edited by theoriginalzero

9 hours ago, theoriginalzero said:

Edit: was just thinking what if his passive ability was an enemy radar instead 😄

That's Ivara's passive, so i was trying not to overlap.

Plus when i think, grineer, i think of a bombard hitting me with a rocket at point blank and not taking damage from it.

Also, i was also thinking of a grineer themed warframe for a while but never had the courage to post it myself, so thanks for the opportunity.

Hang on, I reckon I might be able to work out a lore justification for something like this.

A frame that, instead of being made in modern times with Grineer tech, was built to mimic the equipment Orokin-era Grineer soldiers to work alongside them when necessary, and the image of that stayed with the Grineer and in turn became the inspiration for much of their current aesthetic - although over time it was obviously propoganda'd into being some super-Grineer instead of Tenno Skoom, and the prime details were replaced with spikes, mostly.

A quest, if given, would probably involve following up a legend from Clem mentioning the old 'super Grineer', on his behalf since it'd involve stuff too dangerous even for the Twin-Grakata toting clone. We find out it's actually a Tenno - which excites Clem given that he idolises the Tenno - and explore a void facility that supposedly contained it. We wind up finding 'corrupted relics' which got cracked open from improper storage during void transport and contain degraded blueprints for the components. We then infiltrate Grineer R&D facilities to make up the difference by filling any holes with Grineer tech from Orokin and Warframe Research. Voila, A Grineer frame, that still has lore room for a Prime (The original, before we fill in the blanks) and has a lore justification.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-10-20 at 6:01 PM, Loza03 said:

Hang on, I reckon I might be able to work out a lore justification for something like this.

A frame that, instead of being made in modern times with Grineer tech, was built to mimic the equipment Orokin-era Grineer soldiers to work alongside them when necessary, and the image of that stayed with the Grineer and in turn became the inspiration for much of their current aesthetic - although over time it was obviously propoganda'd into being some super-Grineer instead of Tenno Skoom, and the prime details were replaced with spikes, mostly.

A quest, if given, would probably involve following up a legend from Clem mentioning the old 'super Grineer', on his behalf since it'd involve stuff too dangerous even for the Twin-Grakata toting clone. We find out it's actually a Tenno - which excites Clem given that he idolises the Tenno - and explore a void facility that supposedly contained it. We wind up finding 'corrupted relics' which got cracked open from improper storage during void transport and contain degraded blueprints for the components. We then infiltrate Grineer R&D facilities to make up the difference by filling any holes with Grineer tech from Orokin and Warframe Research. Voila, A Grineer frame, that still has lore room for a Prime (The original, before we fill in the blanks) and has a lore justification.

sorry I havent checked in a while but i absolutely love this *especially since it involves clem the greatest npc of warframe*