Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ESO Squad Shuffle Maddness

Generally_Zod

This is without a doubt one of the strangest things that I have run into.

I just got finished running a round of ESO. We started with a full squad per usual, after Zone 4 the player that was hosting did not advance to the next round, and caused a Host Migration. The migration went smoothly (this is not the strange thing, har har) and the three of us continued as usual. At the end of Zone 6, however, when we all jumped into the portal to Zone 7, another player joined into our squad! This startled everyone involved, including the new player. Apparently he had been in another squad also playing ESO, and jumped into a conduit at about the same time we did, and loaded into our squad instead of his. He claimed his stats got reset (understandable) and he said he was seeing the rewards we got instead of the ones from his old squad. Seriously, this felt like an old Star Trek episode.

In the end, my rewards and everything were find and received as usual, but obviously this was friggen bizarre and seemed to be the kind of thing to report after the fact. I have screenshots from the session (starting around 10pm I think?) that should have the metadata from the match if that's useful, and I have the shots of everyone's names, I think. I didn't take any screenshots before the multiversal transfer.

Got something similar with changing rewards yesterday. Went into a 4 man ESO, everything went well, no disconnects, etc. We finished zone 8 and got a Braton Vandal BP. Since i was farming for the focus cap I decided to stay for zone 9. Naturally, the rest of the squad left and a host migration triggered. Got disconnected following the migration and once the summary popped up, I noticed my rewards changed - instead of the BP I got a relic. -_- Considering that I don't need relics anymore and that the BP is the only part I'm missing for the Braton Vandal, I was quite furious. This happened around 10:30 PM. Didn't think about taking a screenshot cause I closed the game before I blew a fuse 😕