Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

anyone still remember Gunblade weapon ?

Doforcash

6 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

Crit viral or corrosive with blood rush works fine at 100+. 

So the argument now is that "as long as there are one or two builds that still work, it's fine to destroy many others"?  I'm not attacking your words, per say.  I'm just pointing out what we're really saying here.  That it's technically ok to nerf all Condition Overload builds into the ground because there are a few other builds that you can cookie cutter yourself into.  

DE loves to pidgeonhole players into a handful of cheese-frame builds in their game modes, but we should keep resisting as long as we can.  We want variety.  If they screw up Condition Overload, that leaves players with fewer options.

10 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

Same could be said about the Nunchuck-style weapons. DE cooks up a bunch of stuff. They really need to do some more with them. Like give them Zaw-options. Gunblade Zaw please. ❤️

They need to do more than add more nunchucks. Like i have been saying for years, they first need to take some cues from the likes of Cereberus nunchucks from DMC3, and especially the more fleshed out Cereberus upcoming in DMC5(That Cereberus in DMC5 even gives me more ideas for a Wukong rework i have been pondering about.), in regard to utility and animated strikes. Stuff like that atleast, hell, they could even take nunchuck inspiration from Ninja Gaiden games, a lot of other things would be better than how flimsy and clumsy nunchuck utility and animations are now, in Warframe.

I know western studios tend to have more trouble with martial character actions, but I am quite sure that if they just do more observations of games that do it and do it well, that they can figure it out too, and if any dev can achieve this, then it is DE.

Edited by UrielColtan

7 hours ago, Corvid said:

Got a source for that? This is the first I've heard of any hands-free weapons.

Sorry, I can't remember the devstream, it was mentioned as a Predator-like lazer. Don't know if one of the devs just watched the movie and got himself hyped, or if it was really meant to be.

Mass Effect 3 (multiplayer) had a shoulder mounted weapon which automatically fired at enemies while you were using your gun (or reloading, very helpful)

I think it would be great on Vauban, and look great on Ash (he's the Predator after all)

What DE really needs to do is stop it with these "kill many enemies ASAP" endgame modes. There needs to be an endgame mode that doesn't care about how fast you kill things, but rather about how much damage you can do or take, and how well you can set up certain combos or maneuver your warframe.

I know warframe is supposed to be a super fast paced game, but because of that nature it becomes hard to appreciate some of the builds you can do, because it's ludicrously overpowered and tediously long to set up just to kill a single enemy.

Mode:

Make a boss arena or something. You enter with a group of Tenno and face off against a randomly selected rotation of bosses in the game. Could be Lephantis, could be Sargas Ruk, could be an eidolon for sh*ts and giggles. Each round throws 3 bosses at you, no time limit you just have to kill them. First round starts at lvl 100 enemies, each round increase level by 20.

Add in a save function so the game remembers the farthest you've gotten and you have the option to choose a starting level anywhere between Base lvl 100 and your best completed round. Also add in the ability to change your loadout between levels. Hell, just mod the simulacrum and make the level start when anyone leaves the platform. Put up a giant billboard indicating the bosses of the next round. This gives Tenno more reason AND TIME to actually talk to each other and strategize in-game, right now half the time I feel like I'm playing a single player game because nobody says anything. Everybody is just on a mad dash to the finish line and seeing who can kill the most on the way there.

Rewards:

While actual rewards are important, I think this mode should give some kind of status symbol to the players that complete the absolute highest tiers of bosses. Change the color of their names in chat, that's the easiest option. Start at green and gradually change the color to red as they start climbing higher on the tier ladder. Players can choose to turn this off of course, and hide their progress. As for actual rewards, why not let the players who successfully complete a round open up a void relic of their choice? Each round, increase the amount of void relics they can open by 1. If I'm on round 10, I'm fighting lvl 300 bosses, and there's 3 of them. If I can actually get it done, I get to open 10 void relics. Sounds pretty fair.

Oh my, before I realized it I'm already paragraphs into my reply and I totally forgot this is actually a thread about gunblade weapons lol

Sorry.

What I really meant to say was throw a CO on redeemer, build zakti for 3 elements, shoot zakti, use inaros 1, shoot redeemer. Enjoy 4x stealth multiplier + 60%^3 CO damage increase on your redeemer bullets. I can 1 shot stuff with this that I can't 1 shot with a rubico prime headshot. Totally useless though, since it overkills the enemy by about 10 times in 95% of the game content and takes comparatively forever to set up.

18 hours ago, Doforcash said:

i Do,

about 4 years ago when the first one release till now, we only have 2 Gunblade and they're barely decent againts endgame enemy.

sure they did have a major buff back then. But still, big reminder for DE that we have too few gunblade for us to use. Next suggestion, considering all weapon nowaday usually have high proc/crit stat, then it's reasonable to give another crit/proc buff for the 2 gunblade we already have.

Hide contents

Lastly maybe this is just me, so i'm hiding this in case im just bad. But we might want to make the gunblade stance less moving around and more standing still and shoot people. Kinda hard to aim when your charater won't stop flipping around like a flipper on crack

that's all, please give Gunblade more love and attention, thanks DE

I like the sarpa. I have a pretty nice riven for it as well. But it's not that good at melee... I can use it fine as a gun, but I want to use as if it where a melee.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

melee 3.0 should hopefully make Gunblades great again. good chance that mesa Prime might bring Redeemer Prime. hopefully it'll be like mixing a Tigris prime with a one handed Gram prime.. one can hope anyway.

Just let me hold Redeemer in one hand and my Vasto P in the other. Not to mention the instant swap between melee and ranged when melee 3.0 drops. 

23 hours ago, AlMcFly said:

The only time I ever heard Redeemer mentioned is when it used to be able to cheese one of the stealth mastery rank tests (before DE patched it out of course).  

I just used it on the MR19 test and killed every enemy before I left the starting platform. Ran around, popped the 6 bubbles and was done in under 5 minutes.

21 hours ago, AlMcFly said:

So the argument now is that "as long as there are one or two builds that still work, it's fine to destroy many others"?  I'm not attacking your words, per say.  I'm just pointing out what we're really saying here.  That it's technically ok to nerf all Condition Overload builds into the ground because there are a few other builds that you can cookie cutter yourself into.  

DE loves to pidgeonhole players into a handful of cheese-frame builds in their game modes, but we should keep resisting as long as we can.  We want variety.  If they screw up Condition Overload, that leaves players with fewer options.

Dude, you said “most” builds would be ruined. I  said that was an overstatement. You keep trying to move the goal posts.  Your preferred build does not equal “most.”

35 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

Dude, you said “most” builds would be ruined. I  said that was an overstatement. You keep trying to move the goal posts.  Your preferred build does not equal “most.”

It's not "moving the goal post".  That was a new additive comment replying to your new, semi-related side argument.  I didn't move any goal post.  I still firmly believe more people use a Condition Overload build than a Crit build.  Hell, I bet more people use Hybrid builds than they do Crit builds.  "Most" = 50%+1.  If you think differently than prove me wrong.  I'm not making a statement of fact, this is my opinion based on personal perception.  You can't prove otherwise so sod off.  

Edited by AlMcFly