Unairu wisp vs Void Strike

Drftingcloud

So I've been hunting eidolons for a bit, finally got around to unlocking unairu and Madurai to try the damage buffs. It seems to me that void strike is much more reliable in damage boosts. I can sit in void mode and have a reliable 2x damage buff pretty easily. Whereas trying to void blast and pick up unairu wisps is really unreliable. Most times I'm just sitting there blasting away and still haven't picked up a wisp until my teammates have already broken the shield. What am I doing wrong? I read that you can mark the eidolons and the wisps will drop from where you marked them but I still can't seem to reliably pick one up.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can you expert unairu wisp users give me some tips on how to reliably pick up the wisps? Or is void strike just better?

I'm not an expert on Unairu wisp, been using it a few times and it's as you described for me too, unreliable. I guess the reason it's meta is because it buffs amp damage after void strike, not sure if it works like that though. DE should really buff it, I haven't encountered as unreliable skill as that in game yet after almost 1k hours mission time.

Hope somebody can help us both.

23 minutes ago, Drftingcloud said:

Can you expert unairu wisp users give me some tips on how to reliably pick up the wisps? Or is void strike just better?

I wouldn't say I'm an expert since I can't manage to do more than 1k damage even with 20 VS stacks with T2 scaffold...dunno. That's why I am a Chroma player most of the time.

Anyway. In an organized party you want to have both. 3 VS and 1 Unairu. VS take turns and pick up the Wisp. As for unreliable. The Wisps spawn right underneath him. If you have a good Volt the Wisps spawn where the Shield Breaker waits for the Shields to come back

This is an image I copied from my Tridolon Guide

3BdwX0E.jpg

The red line shows an ideal Volt shield during Shield Phase and the little Rhino depicts your Shield Breaker. In the last 30 or 40 runs I made the Wisps always spawned inside the person who was waiting there.

How are you trying to get the Wisp? Pressing 1x E and then search  for it? Most likely already collected. I spam about 8 to 10 times E and pick up a Wisps if there is still one and the shield hasn't been depleted yet.

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

I've got something like 150+ hydro caps, I used to do eidolon caps every night but stopped doing those after getting my focus schools maxed. Yesterday I tried to duo tridolons with my gf, we tried 2 sessions; one when I'm using Unairu Wisp and her Madurai Void Strike and one we both use Madurai Void Strike. We found out that wisps spawn somewhat differently after the update (correct me on this, since on a meta squad eidolons can't even move and wisps are always in 2 places but we were duo'ing.)

Now I usually only go Unairu so I may have aimed a bit off when using Madurai Void Strike but our UW/VS run took 15 minutes while two VS took 22 minutes. This may be due to my inexperience with Void Strike but that's a comparison. Anyhow, I found out UW is much more reliable than VS when the eidolon is not climbing a hill or something. Wisps usually spawn right underneath their bums.

Edit: Also, wisps follow the nearest player and one player may use them all up. So after getting the wisp players should back off to allow other players to use the wisps since they don't stack but only refresh the duration.

Edited by Lazures

2 minutes ago, Lazures said:

I've got something like 150+ hydro caps, I used to do eidolon caps every night but stopped doing those after getting my focus schools maxed. Yesterday I tried to duo tridolons with my gf, we tried 2 sessions; one when I'm using Unairu Wisp and her Madurai Void Strike and one we both use Madurai Void Strike. We found out that wisps spawn somewhat differently after the update (correct me on this, since on a meta squad eidolons can't even move and wisps are always in 2 places but we were duo'ing.)

Now I usually only go Unairu so I may have aimed a bit off when using Madurai Void Strike but our UW/VS run took 15 minutes while two VS took 22 minutes. This may be due to my inexperience with Void Strike but that's a comparison. Anyhow, I found out UW is much more reliable than VS when the eidolon is not climbing a hill or something. Wisps usually spawn right underneath their bums.

Do you know if the wisp buff is shared between operator and warframe? I swear sometimes I pick one up on operator and hop back to warframe and the buff is gone.

Edit: Also I see what you're saying. If using wisp to buff yourself, wasting the few seconds looking for the wisp while you could have just been shooting is not really helpful. Though if someone has like, 20x VS, a wisp will buff their damage significantly more. Especially since they have limited shots. So it's worth it to look for a wisp if you have a sizeable stack of VS already, but not really worth if by itself.

Edited by Drftingcloud

1 minute ago, Drftingcloud said:

Do you know if the wisp buff is shared between operator and warframe? I swear sometimes I pick one up on operator and hop back to warframe and the buff is gone.

IIRC it does reset the buff.

Another thing of note is that I've read that sentinel vacuum may be picking up wisps when you're not in Operator mode. Can't really confirm this too since I've been using an Adarza for those juicy crit buffs on my Lanka.

The post above with the image is pretty accurate by the way. Also can confirm spamming Void Blast is a better call. And spam those in two different times (when the shield is broken and when the scream ends and Eidolon stands up) to minimize one player sucking up all the wisps.

as aforementioned and to be clear - by right under the Eidolon, it's meaning that the Wisp is going to Spawn at the Origin point of the Enemy. which for Eidolons will be between their legs just above the ground.
if you are standing under it to begin with, it's a lot easier to pick it up since it'll basically Spawn on top/inside of you.

for comparing the two - Void Strike can be much more powerful, however using it effectively necessitates anyone that is a Void Strike carrier to be picking their nose crouching in Spacekid for 90% of the entire fight(as well as the Grenade Launcher Scaffold(Shraksun) being crucially important as it deals the highest Damage per attack to maximize the benefit of Void Strike). in other words remember that you need to spend a lot of time crouching and to not waste your Charges on anything you don't need to.

however the Wisp doesn't require any Charging and you are free to just shoot as much as possible while the Duration lasts. you could even punch again to refresh the Duration while you're shooting the Shields.

so yes Void Strike is more powerful, but if you wanted to get more Amp power than just that, you can't share Void Strike so if you want more on top of that, Unairu Wisp is the only other thing. which is also helpful in reducing the amount of AFK the Void Strike carrier(s) need to perform, because doubling the Damage on top of Void Strike can fairly easily reach oneshot territory, making Void Strike significantly more effective/efficient to use, as you'll need to waste less time charging it up since you'll spend fewer Charges.

8 minutes ago, Drftingcloud said:

while Void Strike applies to any and all attacks from you as a Player (but has a limited number of Charges), Unairu Wisp buffs only spacekid Amps, with a Duration Timer.
does not affect your Warframe.

Edited by taiiat

5 minutes ago, taiiat said:

as aforementioned and to be clear - by right under the Eidolon, it's meaning that the Wisp is going to Spawn at the Origin point of the Enemy. which for Eidolons will be between their legs just above the ground.
if you are standing under it to begin with, it's a lot easier to pick it up since it'll basically Spawn on top/inside of you.

for comparing the two - Void Strike can be much more powerful, however using it effectively necessitates anyone that is a Void Strike carrier to be picking their nose crouching in Spacekid for 90% of the entire fight(as well as the Grenade Launcher Scaffold(Shraksun) being crucially important as it deals the highest Damage per attack to maximize the benefit of Void Strike). in other words remember that you need to spend a lot of time crouching and to not waste your Charges on anything you don't need to.

however the Wisp doesn't require any Charging and you are free to just shoot as much as possible while the Duration lasts. you could even punch again to refresh the Duration while you're shooting the Shields.

while Void Strike applies to any and all attacks from you as a Player (but has a limited number of Charges), Unairu Wisp buffs only spacekid Amps, with a Duration Timer.
does not affect your Warframe.

Origin point of the enemy, got it. So basically if I wanna hit the eidolon real good, I gotta get between its legs?

well the group should be or most exp players go like

1-chroma play as dps which shoot limbs and as buffer for amps and u buff them by UW. chroma not supposed to pick it u cast UW for amps and it doesn't work for warframe only operators 

2-volt go VS and put sheild underneath (between his legs) not so far because amps has close range

3-trin and harrow do what they supposed to do and charge VS for who get his turn (usually trin be the last one) to shoot with amp and pick the wisp when his turn come or when get wisp stay away so the rest get wisp

ps: don't use sentinel vacuum this will pick all wisps leave nothing to others

it's not what is better UW or VS every focus has purpose 

this all about save time so u can do more than one or two hunt at night time.

Edited by -SR-Darwin

Nice post OP and good advice from your replies guys.

I am in the same boat. Team I usually run with asked me if I can change to unairu, so I maxed it but dont know how to use it.

We are usually trin volt rhino (sometimes a random 4th) very casual 2 tridos or sometimes 3.

My part is either trin or volt. So if im following this correctly, I just spam void blast on the eidos leg and remember to lose vacuum (great tip by the way Darwin, I would not have thought of that) and I avoid standing right between the legs so I dont pick up the wisp. Is that right?

45 minutes ago, (PS4)WeeMalk5 said:

Nice post OP and good advice from your replies guys.

I am in the same boat. Team I usually run with asked me if I can change to unairu, so I maxed it but dont know how to use it.

We are usually trin volt rhino (sometimes a random 4th) very casual 2 tridos or sometimes 3.

My part is either trin or volt. So if im following this correctly, I just spam void blast on the eidos leg and remember to lose vacuum (great tip by the way Darwin, I would not have thought of that) and I avoid standing right between the legs so I dont pick up the wisp. Is that right?

Yeah I actually just tried it, these guys are right, you gotta spam void blast a bunch then run through the legs to pick up the wisp. Imagine there is a circle underneath eidolon like most MMOs when you select an enemy, the wisp will spawn at the center of that circle. So basically this cuts down the 1 shot shield requirement on those charging VS by half. Stacks requirement for 1 shot is usually about

Gary: 40 to 50

Hydro: 60 to 70

So with a wisp you can cut that to

Gary: 20 to 25

Hydro: 30 to 35

This definitely cuts down on the time it take to down them.

If you need further info you can read my guide

http://gnarlsdarkley.forumprofi.de/earth-cetus-plains-of-eidolon-f85/-tridolon-hunting--t62.html

Quote for the Focus picks:

5. Use the correct Focus
DPS/Solo:
You will need to max out your Unairu Tree to get "Unairu Wisp". After you "Quick Melee" with your Operator (E) you spawn a little orange Wisp with every hit which doubles the Operator Damage for 12 seconds. So you stay about 10 meters away and spam E until you are out of Energy right after the fifth explosion took place. Your shield breaker will collect these wisps to oneshot a shield.

all other roles:
You take Madurai's Void Strike. While in Void Mode (LCtrl) you generate stacks. Your next 8 attacks (regardless which ones) will deal massivly more damage but drain one of your stacks. The longer you charge the more damage you store. Ideal scenario is about 30-50 stacks from the second Eidolon onwards. You take turns to shoot so you don't waste a stack! [By "taking turns" it's not meant to rotate after each Shield. One player uses their 8 attacks and then the next player takes over. This is done because the number of 8 shots cannot be refreshed]

3 hours ago, Drftingcloud said:

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can you expert unairu wisp users give me some tips on how to reliably pick up the wisps? Or is void strike just better?

Void Strike is the best thing to have. But why not also have unairu wisp 😉 Now, I am certainly not the expert.. but we have a team of 4 and we have been running 3x eidolon hunt per night easily.. (next target is 4x).. Anyway, the 3x run is very easy as it requires basically 2 good Madurai Void Strike players with x23 amp. At the beginning of the hunt, our Volt and Harrow starts stacking Void Strike..Chroma runs for 1 lure and Trinity for remaining lures. While the 1 lure is getting charged, Volt can stack upto 10-12. So he can pretty much take Tera alone but he takes the wisp and shield (Trinity also helps a bit after getting lures). With the Wisps, it is guranteed 1 shot.
1 thing no one can forget is you need to shoot eidolons from as close as possible as the amp has fall off damage. So, dont even try to shoot anything above legs. 

Gantulyst is dealt by Trinity, Harrow and Chroma.. shield and limb both gets one shot... and while this is happening Volt stacks up around 30-40 Void Strike charges. Then again Volt, Harrow and Trinity basically 1 shot the Hydrolyst. 

We can do these within 14 mins. But I believe people who run 5x3 captures every night do it a bit differently and they rely more on wisps and all shoot (all 3 frames shoot instead of rotation based as described above). Will try these after shortening the 3x capture even further.