Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia and Spy missions... WDF!?!

ItsAThing

intercepted corpus transmission, Crewman #56389347-A

source: type 3 helmet recording device, manufactured by AnyoCorpTM

position: Data Vault Patrol.

"by the void, guarding these vaults is boring... can't even talk to the MOAs anymore, they just make that same stupid whirring noise at me. dunno why we bother when the Tenno can just slaughter us in the blink of an eye and take the data regardless. half the time they sneak in and out without us seeing them! there was that one Tenno that got stuck in the laser grid.. that was funny until it started shooting poison darts at me.. *sigh*"

"wait.. is that... music? i thought that was illegal on Corpus Ships? oh wow, it's really bad, I don't know much about music but that sounds AWFUL! wait.. is that screaming? is that screaming in the song or is that just my co-workers being slaughtered again? welp, not going out there. just gonna stay near the MOAs and hope they at least get a few shots in before the Tenno cuts me in half. maybe if I'm lucky it'll get stuck in the laser grid aga- OH SWEETVOIDNO *gunshots* 

- end transmission - 

23 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

It's only transmitted to Tenno. Otherwise the enemies would also get Octevia buff. Other then that, the enemies can't hear the Octevia's music if they aren't effect them.

It's the only explanation I can think of (lol).

They don't jam out to the music so they don't get the buffs. Like seriously have you ever seen a corpus even try and crouch spam by an Octavia. In reality all corpus and grineer are just tone deth and can't dance to the music to get the buffs. Donate to a hospital near you to help poor little tone deth grineer find there crouch button.

34 minutes ago, Cosmic_Elf said:

I dont think spies/thieves IRL walk around breaking in/robbing banks with a boom box...

That's because you look like an idiot now holding up some tiny ass bluetooth speaker. You stroll into the bank with a giant ass 80's ghetto blaster and crank that thing up to 11 and you could do a full mag dump in the place and all the neighbours are going to hear is It's Tricky shaking the walls. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

intercepted corpus transmission, Crewman #56389347-A

source: type 3 helmet recording device, manufactured by AnyoCorpTM

position: Data Vault Patrol.

"by the void, guarding these vaults is boring... can't even talk to the MOAs anymore, they just make that same stupid whirring noise at me. dunno why we bother when the Tenno can just slaughter us in the blink of an eye and take the data regardless. half the time they sneak in and out without us seeing them! there was that one Tenno that got stuck in the laser grid.. that was funny until it started shooting poison darts at me.. *sigh*"

"wait.. is that... music? i thought that was illegal on Corpus Ships? oh wow, it's really bad, I don't know much about music but that sounds AWFUL! wait.. is that screaming? is that screaming in the song or is that just my co-workers being slaughtered again? welp, not going out there. just gonna stay near the MOAs and hope they at least get a few shots in before the Tenno cuts me in half. maybe if I'm lucky it'll get stuck in the laser grid aga- OH SWEETVOIDNO *gunshots* 

- end transmission - 

2 hours ago, ItsAThing said:

I don't understand why they don't just go:

"Is that music I hear? QUICK! DELETE THE DATA!"

Nah. Smart players will just walk straight up to the guards and say something along the lines of:

"Hi there, I'm from Octavia's Mobile Disco. Did someone order a PAR-TAY?"

...to distract them.

Meanwhile the rest of the team are pillaging the vaults. 

@Warframe abilities are mostly silent due to void magic (the same old void voodoo as always)

On 2018-10-18 at 12:14 PM, Cuchullin said:

It'd be hilarious if one of Octavia's special abilities is to make enemies start dancing.

Like a Dance Dance Revolution to death? If I remember correctly then DE once said in a devstream that it was one of the possibilities for her kit but it didn't make it into the final concept

On 2018-10-18 at 5:14 AM, Cuchullin said:

It'd be hilarious if one of Octavia's special abilities is to make enemies start dancing.

With Resonator you can kind of do this 😛 they just run around chasing a ball and it looks like they're dancing. 

Unless the ball gets stuck then the enemies line up like they're trying to get lunch. 

eQZCoVA.jpg

22 hours ago, Brandt1 said:

With Resonator you can kind of do this 😛 they just run around chasing a ball and it looks like they're dancing. 

Unless the ball gets stuck then the enemies line up like they're trying to get lunch. 

eQZCoVA.jpg

This is why I use Octavia on a rescue mission.

Not to mention that they apparently don't have any comms systems within the vaults as the patrols there seem to be complete unaware of the Tenno running amok in their base.

On 2018-10-19 at 1:06 PM, Brandt1 said:

eQZCoVA.jpg

In inside enemy mind: "Oh my god, conga!"

HJnqHTg.jpg?o=1

Edited by Leoffta

On 2018-10-19 at 11:16 AM, Yamesan said:

why would you use Octavia for spy mission? That's Loki's job.😁

*Motions at his Octavia's 42.3-98.7 seconds of uninterrupted invisibility from a single cast at the cost of 23-53 energy, with the option to recast while still invisible.*
In the words of one of my less polite clanmates, "Plebeian Loki".

As a habitual Octavia player, I have made sure to mute my mandachord's track volumes. The enemies never knew I was there.

Well, they should have known; containers don't just breaks themselves open. Perhaps over many years of containers magically breaking with no apparent reason, the Grineer and Corpus just began to accept that as the innate nature of containers. This must be why, when they want to store something important in a container, they put extra bands around it; not to keep people out, but to keep the container from "spontaneously bursting".