Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chimera: Hotfix 23.10.5

[DE]Megan

What the HELL is going on with gamepad support?! Just when I thought it was all working fine, I find out it is physically impossible for me to map Alt Fire!

Fix the gamepad button mapping PLEASE.

Edit: Oh, and emotes cannot be activated by gamepad when inside a Dojo.

Please revert Plains Archwing rubberband ceiling flight model to the non-rubberband ceiling it had in its prior Hotfix 23.9.1 state.

Also

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Vigorous Swap will now deactivate when an Ability weapon is active (Mesa’s Peacemaker,

Boo. So my endo spent getting it to R10 has been wasted.

Thanks for update. Especially:

• Added an ‘Auto Install’ button to the Ayatan Sculptures screen
  • Added ability to swap your Mod loadout order in the Arsenal!
  • Reverted Operator Suit Mesh Changes introduced in Update 23.10.0

To operator Suits. Not all of them were bad. I really liked new Zariman. I also liked new leggins/greaves looks.
What I didn't like was Vahd Cuirass change and two "tails" flying after my a**. And scarf on Vahd Cuirass. With black collors it looked like my operator's head was fying on black cloud.

Maybe you could add option to show/not show belt of suit. Like hoods have 2 options

Just now, mathgamingDK2 said:

i think after this hotfix it broke the elite alerts…. i dont knos if others can play them but i cant and i dont know why

I'm pretty sure this is more of a blessing than something bad. That whole game mode is a bad scam.

33 minutes ago, Kitty_Prime said:

Finally, I finally felt that I was working as a grown-up adult, and the result turned into a child again.

Why do you hate adults or adolescent bodies? :thinking:

How did the updated meshes look different in that sense? They still looked like young teens imo.

Personally I don't want them to look older, because it's one of the things that made the story and overall feel of WF stand out and feel uniqe. Very few games of this violent nature even have children in them, especially for this kind of main role (slaughtering hundreds on a daily basis, lol). If you have them grow up they will just become Overwatch characters and bland. And technically it's just their bodies that didn't evolve during the stasis, while they obviously have the mind of at least a young adult, being hundreds of years old 😄 Their extended time in the Void has already affected their bodies in other ways, so if also halting their ability to grow physically, that would make sense to me. 

But for the sake of pleasing as many as possible, maybe add the same feature as with companions, a button of choice to have them "grow up". That would however require rework of pretty much all operator clothes, which would take a lot of time that could have been spent on expanding the amount of clothes for existing body types instead.

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Reverted Operator Suit Mesh Changes introduced in Update 23.10.0 to restore Operator Suit Meshes to their pre-Update 23.10 state. A more careful re-release of the Operator Suit Mesh Changes will come at a later date.

I'm a little disappointed by the revert really, i mean i didn't see anything wrong with it(except the collar on the varida suit).

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Added an ‘Auto Install’ button to the Ayatan Sculptures screen for Mastery Rank 10+ Tenno! This long requested feature allows you to auto install Stars from your Inventory to your Ayatan Sculpture with one-click. 

The new MR10 test is to fill 30 ayatan sculptures with stars in 30 seconds. 😛 Then you can unlock this powerful auto-install button!

5 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

... nor are they playing their school idle animation when editing their appearance. Please fix this, it was really good to taking some neato close-up shots of my operator without resorting to Captura (which I will never be able to understand).

That was an intended change with Chimera, if I remember correctly from the initial changelog. If using the edit menu for its actual purpose, to edit your character, these idle animations made it frustrating because the operator would turn away and do things all the time so you can't see your changes, especially in the modes zoomed in on head. This was probably on their to-do list since their previous fix on how the character now stands up for proper preview when selecting clothes instead of sitting.

It would be nice though to have a quick-captura mode to use in the orbiter, of course temporarily halting any story-related scripts and stuff like that. 

Though it was a bit of a mess, I really liked what you were trying to do with the operator suits, particularly what you were doing to try and reduce clipping like making the hoods cut off after the neck.  Looking forward to the improved vision!

9 hours ago, Sean said:

What purpose does gating ayatan auto-install behind MR10 serve?

That just seems bizarre to lock a QoL feature to only certain players.

I agree. It seems like an unnecessary waste of a query and a conditional statement to MR-lock a UI button. What harm would it do to let everyone use the button; they still gotta have the stars to do it right?

Wait.. does it automatically install the stars with no additional prompts? Because if you were a newbie who had few stars and didn't know how many would be consumed for a given statue, that could result in a bit of inconvenience.

A better overall solution would be a confirmation prompt after clicking the button that would tell you how many of each star the sculpture would take, and let you confirm yes or no. It's still fewer clicks than filling a pineapple manually, but it's safe for even low MR players to use.

13 hours ago, Darkariuss said:

A lot of YouTubers saying that this was the only good thing about the mod, now they nerfed it, back to being trash... Next nerf is going to be to Adaptation, just watch out...

You're right, it was the only good thing about it. There's no gun or pair of guns that can normally benefit from this mod.

Just glad I didn't break my Mesa build for it, back on goes Constitution.

Archived