Noob help on buying new Warframe

(PSN)OopsCannotLoadID

Question

I'm currently just running through the game and destroying through the quests and nodes but am bored with my current Warframes (Rhino, Valkyr, Volt) (Also have Ember being made in the Foundry)

I mostly use Rhino but hate being carried, I only seem to Iron Skin and Roar while playing with other people. I need a Warframe or 2 that I can support and feel less useless.

I don't have any amazing Mods and heard Nekros is amazing for farming so my first thought was get him but don't know how he fairs in solo or playing through higher level content.

If there are any other Warframes that aren't Mod heavy and can be effective that I could use could you point me in the right direction thanks from an overwhelmed noob.

13 answers to this question

Nekros is great for farming ... and with his 4th augment is really strong in solo play/higher level content, group play i feel he lacks in contribution other than extra resources ... and most people hate his 4th ability because they cant differentiate between enemies and his spawn ... despite the color and mini-map telling you they're not enemies.

Support frames are tricky ...

Saryn's Spores are a great skill that doesn't "require" heavy mods but is affected greatly from them ... so she's a awesome frame to grow into ... can be boring at times though.

You might like Ember more since you're already building her ... World on Fire offers great AoE and Accelerant is an awesome CC stun. Also not mod heavy ... i think.

Frost is also cool ... there are some haters of his snow globe (damn chads) but he offers great team defense and with his 4 augment a pretty amazing AoE + Overshield ability.

Gara is pretty awesome ... havne't played her in a while but i saw a few builds just destroy a defense mission ... like it was childs-play.

Edited by Errodin

Let's see:

If you go back to Earth and do the Bounty missions on the Plains of Eidolon you can get Gara. A bit of tanky and some CC mixed in with her 4th ability. Revenant also drops from Bounties but they are higher tier.

Excalibur drops from the Ceres boss. He's an all around frame that can blind enemies with his 2 and has an exalted sword.

Nekros is good for farming resources but is kind of lackluster otherwise. His 1 and 2 are kind of bad, his 3 is the farming thing, and his 4 creates a shadow army that is kind of pitiful. His ability augments make a world of difference but beyond farming I haven't seen him much. On the bright side of going for Nekros he drops from the Derelict boss and if you do the treasure rooms you can get some decent mods.

The thing with Warframe is that when you reach the higher power levels you become WAAAY too powerful and you will always feel carried when you are matched with someone who has better equipment. I recommend playing solo or with friends while you are clearing the star map and avoid public games (you are probably getting matched with people clearing the star map in preparation for the upcoming Arbitrations to PS4).

Valkyr and Rhino are already great for clearing the Star Map. Nekros is good to farm resources/drops and can handle itself alone, but I would recommend you to stick to Rhino/Valkyr until you clear the map and get access to better mods.

Rhino depends on his weapons to deal damage. Be sure that you have the essential weapon mods equipped (i.e.: Serration, Pressure Point, Hornet Strike)

You could get Hunter's Adrenaline from the plains of Eidolon and put it on your Valkyr. It will solve your energy problems and let you be in almost permanent Hysteria.

Going to try Ember as soon as it's done and grind out Gara while also find some Mods in the Plains while doing bounties (Have no clue what to do there but will kill things and run from big things haha)

Will mess around with Valkyr build as I haven't liked her as much due to being squishy even with increased Health and Armor

Support based eh, Oberon parts is kind of common so don't mind trying him out.

For basically entering any mission type without feeling guilty of being carried, Trinity.
Pluto boss Ambulas drop Trinity part blueprints

A lot of squad is asking for EV Trinity and you will be excused for not dealing damage as the support.

Trinity is cheap to run solo or in squad, basically your ability is healing HP + Shield and Energy Vampire allow energy recovery. 
Which is the three main thing you need to survive in a mission. 

The main thing you will need early game for Trinity is efficiency mods and Flow.

Very forgiving for beginner since I used to be quite clumsy and keep running into enemy fire, so able to bandaid myself in mission
definitely saved me a lot of health restores.

Just now, HellVOps said:

Valkyr and squishy? you definitely doing something wrong right there. Get eternal war mod augment (from the syndicates) and go full blown melee killing machine.

Yeah I read she's pretty tanky but I'm probably missing key Mods especially since I don't have any Augment mods to help. She has no way of getting life back with the build I'm using.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)OopsCannotLoadID said:

Yeah I read she's pretty tanky but I'm probably missing key Mods especially since I don't have any Augment mods to help. She has no way of getting life back with the build I'm using.

Getting life back? her 4th ability has life steal from attacks. Pop to hysteria kill a few mobs and there you go full health again.

8 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

Support based eh, Oberon parts is kind of common so don't mind trying him out.

For basically entering any mission type without feeling guilty of being carried, Trinity.
Pluto boss Ambulas drop Trinity part blueprints

A lot of squad is asking for EV Trinity and you will be excused for not dealing damage as the support.

Trinity is cheap to run solo or in squad, basically your ability is healing HP + Shield and Energy Vampire allow energy recovery. 
Which is the three main thing you need to survive in a mission. 

The main thing you will need early game for Trinity is efficiency mods and Flow.

Very forgiving for beginner since I used to be quite clumsy and keep running into enemy fire, so able to bandaid myself in mission
definitely saved me a lot of health restores.

I've seen Trinity is insane with a good build. I just need to get to Pluto before I can farm for her (Currently at Saturn)

Rhino still does good damage if you're good at shooting and have a decent weapon with a catalyst. It may not feel like you're helping the team with your damage buff, but believe me, your teammates love the buff.

In addition to the other frames suggested above, Nezha is a support-ish tank that is pretty strong. He has speed boost that damages enemies, a damage buff skill that requires aim and a lil luck with how buggy it is, and a huge AOE CC ult for oh S#&$ moments. He supports his team in that one of his skills makes killed enemies spawn health and energy orbs with much more frequency. Some people think Rhino and Nezha play the same, but I prefer Nezha's play style, he feels more slippery and tricky than Rhino.

Well, each frame has its own quirks, in case of Valkyr shes, a crazy cat brawler in close range and her abilities showcase it: 1st to mostly moving around fast  2nd to buff yourself and debuff the enemies around you 3rd  stun for a finishers  4th full-blown rage mode with claws.....ya claws.

Now back to your original question: I vote +1 to Gara tho it's a bit of hassle to get her parts.

Consider to farm boss "Hyena Pack" at Psamathe, Neptune (when you reach that planet) for Loki parts BP - he definitely isn't a supporter, but a must have for hi-lvl spy missions.   

Edited by Sanza26