Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Suits

Nexosius

I cannot believe that they removed all changes to operator suits just because "some" people didn't like it. The texture change was really great, and if was only after the change that I finally thought it looked cool and started equiping it again. And today everything's back to ancient times..... I was actually shocked by how DE is so responsive to player opinions, but I think it's maybe a bit toooooo responsive. Many people like me liked the update and it was removed just because of some people.....

You definetely didn't see the Vahd Armor + Umbra Scarf then. At first the Vahd scarf was a belt, and after the changes it was a actual scarf, clipping with the Umbra one as well as not having the same textures/colors. On top of that, the main body looked super skiny without the "belt", even tho the rest of the armor set it pretty big.

Actualy, the main issue was clipping. Every suit had clipping issues, even with parts of the same set.

Now they're doing the sae thing as they did for Trials: Remove the broken mess until it's fixed.

I'm surprised they reverted it rather than just leaving it until changes were made but I guess people must have been really against it.  Personally, I was impressed by how much better the textures looked but disappointed by some of the choices as to where to cut one piece from another and obviously the clipping and scaling issues with some parts.  I'm a little annoyed that I spent so long creating a look I was happy with, within those limitations, just to have it reverted.

1 hour ago, Herculeos said:

I cannot believe that they removed all changes to operator suits just because "some" people didn't like it.

Er, it's because they were bugged. Parts like the Koppra helmet were really messed up. There were also major issues with clipping as well.

It had very little to do with "some" people not "liking" them.

Edited by OriZulo

On 2018-10-18 at 12:53 PM, Errodin said:

It's coming back after they fix the current issues with the build ... for now they've reverted to a more stable pre-existing one ... it'll come back.

Couldn't they fix it, but still keep in the game? The new suits had some bugs, I know, but the old one has too. 

2 minutes ago, Jeyki36 said:

Couldn't they fix it, but still keep in the game? The new suits had some bugs, I know, but the old one has too. 

That was exactly what I was thinking. On the programming perspective it's not that hard to fix.

22 hours ago, OriZulo said:

Er, it's because they were bugged. Parts like the Koppra helmet were really messed up. There were also major issues with clipping as well.

It had very little to do with "some" people not "liking" them.

I know it's broken, but they could just keep it in the game until the next hotfix.

11 minutes ago, Herculeos said:

I know it's broken, but they could just keep it in the game until the next hotfix.

It's an issue a lot greater than a simple Hotfix, they need to be able to examine why these issue are arising under multiple circumstances ... and while it may have been great to look at ... keeping an aspect of the game that's visually bugged hurts the developers reputation ... by leaving it in the game they silently tell us that they are OK with content that isn't finished/polished being in the game ... which at a business perspective is poor practice.