Jump to content

Speed Nova & Power Donation - The sky is not falling!


Joe_Barbarian
 Share

Recommended Posts

When Power Donation Aura was announced we had evil tenno's claiming the sky was going to fall. Worry not my fellow tenno, I can assure you. The sky is not falling and here's why.

For the last 6 days I've been running a 10% strength speed nova (-60% speed) And it's as amazing as it is amusing. I've bumped into 2 separate speed nova's without power donation and converted them into Neutral Nova's. They both were content that a better, more superior speed nova was taking the helm. I've not bumped into another player using power donation since it's release.

I've also used Power Donation Ultra Speed Nova in fissures, the fissure buff applies after the aura so I go from 10% power strength to 20% reducing my -60% speed to -50% speed. Thus still making you the superior speed nova. Proof: https://imgur.com/a/pMy3J4b

Currently in the Arsenal in your ship you will not see Power Donation take effect and you will only see it's impact on your frame either in a mission or space dads simulactrum (Cephalon Simaris)

As for my Superior Speed Nova Build - Note I'm still tinkering with it as this was a "Throw it at a wall and see what sticks"

 

Y7hbssT.jpg

 

Edited by Joe_Barbarian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I'm not going to be converting my aura to a V from my - so it doesn't bother me (this is when having more than one polarity hurts diversity of builds)

I've also noticed increased lag when there's been a PD speed nova in the group (neither myself or the nova were host), now it might be down to the host or it could be a side effect of the aura+nova, but it really does make it hard to judge the 'benefits' of using it.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Well I'm not going to be converting my aura to a V from my - so it doesn't bother me (this is when having more than one polarity hurts diversity of builds)

I've also noticed increased lag when there's been a PD speed nova in the group (neither myself or the nova were host), now it might be down to the host or it could be a side effect of the aura+nova, but it really does make it hard to judge the 'benefits' of using it.... 

Check the build I put, I removed the polarity from the aura slot so i can interchange the aura for the Slow Nova.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Check the build I put, I removed the polarity from the aura slot so i can interchange the aura for the Slow Nova. 

I know I can change stuff, I just don't have any interest in changing it.... also removing the aura polarity doesn't always work because of the capacity requirements of some builds (even without using umbral mods)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm confused but how is Umbral Vitality + Rage better than Vitality + Hunter Adrenaline?

Also, since you aren't using Pain Threshold I assume this is for specific scenarios where you will be protected anyway, so why not switch Umbral Vitality for Vitality (+4) and then drop Rage (+5) for Augur Message (-9).

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

53 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Maybe I'm confused but how is Umbral Vitality + Rage better than Vitality + Hunter Adrenaline?

Also, since you aren't using Pain Threshold I assume this is for specific scenarios where you will be protected anyway, so why not switch Umbral Vitality for Vitality (+4) and then drop Rage (+5) for Augur Message (-9).

Because reading is hard I'll bold something for you.

5 hours ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

As for my Superior Speed Nova Build - Note I'm still tinkering with it as this was a "Throw it at a wall and see what sticks"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

 

Because reading is hard I'll bold something for you.

And that is why I asked since I don't know if there was a reason for using the Umbral mod. Note that I also suggested a change that provides more duration at the cost of eHP so clearly I realize the value in build diversity, I simply do not know what goal you have other than achieving -90% power strength. I'm sorry if you took my reply as a critique instead of a genuine query.

I personally want to see how a neutral Nova can be improved since Power Donation will allow me to drop Overextended and I find neutral Nova far more flexible for general content. Still, it will be difficult giving up my Neutron Star + Escape Velocity tank build; it's just so much fun!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...