Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Charger

(PSN)King-Ballor

Question

Hello I found out I can make one, so well why not, and I was lucky in colours too, he is white blue and black, just awesome, but is he worthy it to adult him? Im using helios prime now and have been for some time, my Raksa Kubrow has gone to stasis a long time ago, so should I just keep this little mutant as puppy or is it worthy it to bring him to missions?

6 answers to this question

In my opinion, Helios and Carrier pretty much trump everything, and remember there's no vacuum on pets so you're gonna have to pick up all the drops yourself.

Also you can recolor helmint by buying any pet color pack in cetus or market.

Edit: Also forgot to say from my experience, helminth survivability seems much lower than that of sentinels outside of very specific builds, so you're probably better of using your Helios unless you're willing to dedicate quite a few days grind for all the pet mods out there.

Edited by (PS4)Anedime

Yup, adult him and level him up for Mastery Points, after that it's pretty much your choice.

I find him a bit lackluster on the damage department, but I always chuckle whenever he grapples and drags an enemy that had just knocked me down, or charges into a group of enemies like he's playing bowling (oh, the bodies flying around).

Most kubrows aren't worth bringing to missions, but it's not like the other options are "must use" as well (unless you're doing some meta stuff).

Keep in mind that companions require quite an investment in formas and mods to be viable in the game.

So, bringing Helmith Charger in missions:
For utility? Nah
For funsies? Yes

Edited by Guest

they should probably just go ahead and make vacuum an Eximus mod for actual warframes, thus there wont be such disparity between sentinels<>pets, vacuum is too important a role/job to leave it to companions of any kind, just make it a warframe eximus mod so people dont all go Carrier(tm) for life.

Vacuum is the entire reason i treat everything as mastery fodder except for Carrier/Carrier Prime and thats a pity.

Edited by Methanoid

Tbh I do find the Charger better than the other kubrows, and Vacuum/Ammo Case are so overrated in most builds don't be fooled.  

Personally I do my PoE stuff with my Helminth Charger Paws and Nidus, he rarely dies and can keep some enemies busy as well as giving me spot heals (good since I run a max range build), generally he's my go to if I'm going in a mission I need high firepower and I'm using an ammo efficient weapon or a melee build.

Hrm... I do want to have him to arbitrations now to check once a melee frame has the bonus up. (I have taken him to sorties, too)

By the way I should bring up that shortly after this thready fizzled out, DE announced Vacuum for pets, so they'll have the same utility, your choice will then basically come down to two questions:

Do you want your vacuum floating over your head, or do you want it running around?

And

Do you want to be able to revive your vacuum when it gets downed?