Amp Question

FlusteredFerret

Question

So I just built my first amp...what a step up from my puny Mote Amp (tried it out on a bunch of hapless Vomvalysts...still need to try it in an Eidolon hunt).

Thing is, I see people on the forum talking about 212, 323 amps etc. and I just wonder what on earth they are talking about?

Anyone care to enlighten me?

For the record, my amp has the Pencha scaffold, Clapka brace and Raplak prism. No idea what that makes it, but it seems pretty powerful...I might just be able to finish The Sacrifice now...

Edited by FlusteredFerret

4 answers to this question

the order = the part type which is Prism, Scaffold, Brace. The number represents the tier (based on rank they are unlocked). So 212 would be Schwaak Prism, Pencha Scaffold, and Juttni Brace. There are 4 tiers of each part and as far as i know a favored setup for eidolons used to be x23, x being w/e you want because the Shraksun Scaffold is primarily used to take out the eidolon's shield. Not sure if that has changed these days, i haven't fought eidolons in a while.

The numbers refer to the Quills reputation tier the prism, race and scaffold components unlock at, with the trio representing [Prism][Scaffold][Brace] within this structure...so a "212" amp refers to the tier 2 prism and brace, and the tier 1 scaffold for example.  The best reference I can point you to is here (but it's technically outdataed because it doesn't include the new Amp components)

each number refers to the rank with the quills it takes to unlock to get it. so after the mote amp you must be rank 1 to get the tier 1 parts. then, the first number refers to the prism, the second the scaffold, the third is the brace. so 223 would be a tier 2 prism (shwaak), tier 2 scaffold (shraksun) and tier 3 brace (lohrin)