Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra golden bits and scarf

DarkBlade2002

1 hour ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

& what I said was that it can't have those gold bits, because it's not even Umbra

I'm just answering from what you talked about ><

You said yourself that they might replace or not Umbra in the cinematic, & now you tell me "replaying the quest isn't relevant", you're the one that talked about it

Again, I chose my words by saying "almost", not everyone, don't make me say what I didn't

btw, if you have a picture/screenshot or something, or if one of your friends can take one, I'd like to see where it is, bottom right I'm guessing, but idk

I apologize because it seems I haven’t been clear. My posts about the lore were attempting to refute your statement that the toggle shouldn’t exist due to lore reasons. I was trying to explain 1) how the gold bits actually weren’t emphasized/important in the lore with the exception of the cutscene you used as an example, and 2) how DE could easily resolve lore issues in regards to customization of Umbra conflicting with said cutscene. 

So while you are right, in that the Vitruvian doesn’t show Umbra, that is still part of my point here: the gold bits aren’t actually mentioned in the lore contrary to what you implied. 

I never said replaying the quest wasn’t relevant. If you’ll re-read my post, you’ll notice I said (and I quote) “whether or not you feel like playing the quest isn’t really relevant”. My point there, bolded for emphasis, was that it doesn’t matter whether you specifically want to replay the quest, since the discussion was focused on the actual lore of the quest and not how fun or tedious it was to experience. Again, I apologize if I was unclear.

Finally you did say “almost nobody” and I should have put that in my earlier posts to avoid misunderstandings, but I’d still like it if you could clarify your stance on the matter since honestly anyone can say something like “almost everyone wants an Umbra detail toggle”.  Basically, what reasons do you believe justify NOT adding the toggle? 

EDIT: Since I apparently am horrible with image tags, this imgur link should have the image you requested.

EDIT2: To be honest I feel kind of dumb for arguing about this anyways since it’s a moot point. If DE wants to do it and has the means to, then it’ll happen as long as the demand is there. I’m going to refrain from muddying up this topic any further and leave it at this regardless of your answer. Hope the image helps out and if you want I can also take example pictures of what the toggle actually does, though you should be able to find similar pictures on google or an example on YouTube.

Edited by OmegaZero633

9 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

It's in the god damn lore that Umbra was designed like this, you can't just remove them.

Example, just look at the quest, he even uses his arms to hold your Operator against the wall, you can't remove something like that

but you cant even fashion frame umbra before then and Valkyr's auxiliary cosmetic is based on her lore, yet they are toggle-able.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

I always saw it as something Umbra himself won't part with, like its something personal that he will continue to hold on to. Though the gold bits is anyone's gues.

They never really explain what's that scarf about though. If that's the only thing left by his former self I'd see why he refuse to let go of it.

Still more customization options never hurt.

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

They never really explain what's that scarf about though. If that's the only thing left by his former self I'd see why he refuse to let go of it.

It could be something he wore when he wasn't dressed in Dax armour like a gift from his wife. I would like DE to tell us what the significance of it is if there is one.

Just now, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

It could be something he wore when he wasn't dressed in Dax armour like a gift from his wife. I would like DE to tell us what the significance of it is if there is one.

I would rather they not retroactively make up some lore excuse for not wanting to allocate man hours to making a cosmetic toggle.  It would just be a cop out.  They shouldn't have introduced a cosmetic Prime toggle in the first place for ANY warframe if they weren't planning on treating all warframes equally.  

On 2018-10-19 at 3:24 AM, Marvelous_A said:

because Umbra new ninja scarfs are necessary for looking awesome.

all jokes aside, im going to go with some kind of Orokin preservation material during the transformation process. remember how Umbra was bound during those flashbacks. like mummification. something to contain the bio infestation from reaching outward, forcing it to bind with the host.