Delay Fortuna.

(PSN)Second_Phase

Delay Fortuna, Rail Jack, and everything else and make warframe a polished game.
I like this game a lot but i feel like too much is being stressed on fortuna and rail jack. Before those two updates come out, warframe needs quality of life changes, level reworks, and various bug fixes. Warframe is a good game but its being held back from being great because it has to constantly focus on huge releases instead of refining details in the game.
There are problems and solutions on the forums but trying to list them all is impossible.
Here's a few misc. things i think would be a good start.

EX:

More content for poe besides incursions, maybe poe survivals or wars

Multiple arsenals in simulacrum
Archwing survivals with good rewards (kuva)
Maybe add raids back and advertise them.

Ability to leave any mission early and disconnect from squad like in poe.

Awards from being top on the leaderboard.

There are dozens of small things that could make this game even better.

When Fortuna drops no doubt it will be amazing. But after a few months there will be another content drought. Some will go back to the core of warframe and realize there's nothing to do and that certain things need fixing. Others will argue everything is fine. 
Its impossible to fix everything but when the next big update drops you want to have a great game to fall back on. Not a good game.

Typed with loving, not loathing.

I will partially agree that a lot of Warframe's problems come from DE's policy of pushing out content and then rushing to the next release.  Sure they perform minor bugfixes and balances to that content in between, but there are a lot of abandoned gameplay modes and concepts which need more passes. 

I belive at this particular time what you propose would be detrimental. If they did that we'd be facing many months of no content. I think the best is to do a throttled release of Fortuna as soon as possible and then work on everything else. Also I'm pretty sure both Fortuna and Rail jack will include a good amount of fixes and reworks for the systems related to them.

I agree with all the things you list in your post, just not in the timing. 😊

Fortuna's new, and people are more inclined to play that than most of the older content unless needed.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)the_awsome123 said:

Plains is also getting some updates with the updates the Orb Vallis Bounties will have (new bounty on the field rather than load back to Cetus/Fortuna). Plague Star returns on occasions too.

DE has to focus more on creating new content than fixing past content. If they have time (Nezha recently), then they would do it.

No one likes delays unless there's a good reason to it, and the War Within is something I heard of in particular as the "Wait Within".

Edited by Duality52
War Within Reasons

They have to release new content though, it’s the bread and butter of a f2p game. What draws in new players more? “Brand new open world with ninjas on hoverboards and giant spiders!” Or “Multiple arsenals in the simulacrum now available!”

If there’s a time to polish and iterate existing content, it’d be between big content updates where they can ultilize the influx in funds from the increased amount of new players/wallets while capitalizing on the accordingly increased feedback post-new content honeymoon. 

Apparently you havent been keeping up to date with the more recent updates. The Chimera update came filled with fixes and Quality of Life changes.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)the_awsome123 said:

For what? 99.99% of players enter Simulacrum on their own, why add more Arsenals?

Archwing survivals with good rewards (kuva).

Only if the node is on the Kuva Fortress.

Raids were broken and they would be far too easy to complete with the game`s current gears.

Endless missions maybe, add the same function from the plains to leave the squad and Host migrate so in case of Survival/Excavation missions you could run to the extraction.

Hell no! Just like Dark Sectors, same players would probably be owning the top of the Leaderboards repeatedly. So why would other players bother?

There are dozens of small things that could make this game even better.

When Fortuna drops no doubt it will be amazing. But after a few months there will be another content drought. Some will go back to the core of warframe and realize there's nothing to do and that certain things need fixing. Others will argue everything is fine. 
Its impossible to fix everything but when the next big update drops you want to have a great game to fall back on. Not a good game.

Fortuna will be at least 4 Times the size of PoE and the amount of content [DE] has announced for it is already going far beyond PoE too. Considering it took hardcore players 2~3 Months to drain the plains of everything they could, its going to take another 8~12 months for them to complete Fortuna. Content drought might happen next year but it will still take a long time for players to be affected by it. By then [DE] will already have released more smaller contents to complement.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

34 minutes ago, (PS4)the_awsome123 said:

7 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

This is already a thing, you can easily leave the squad in PoE and run to the gates to extract on your own without losing any loots or rewards.

Um...he already knows you can do this in POE.  This is why he said "like in POE".  You literally quoted him saying this happens in POE.  He is asking for this feature to be extended to all mission-types in the game.  Reading.  

Just now, AlMcFly said:

Um...he already knows you can do this in POE.  This is why he said "like in POE".  You literally quoted him saying this happens in POE.  He is asking for this feature to be extended to all mission-types in the game.  Reading.  

My bad, i was paying attention to more than one thing at a time.

9 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

My bad, i was paying attention to more than one thing at a time.

No problem.  I don't fully agree with OP.  I just wanted to point out that I think you made a mistake in your response.  I could probably have been nicer about it :/

Edited by AlMcFly

*Literally within a month of release after a year of work...*

Pack it in boys! A armchair developer on the forums had the best idea ever.

It's not like they aren't also remaking corpus ships, gas planet, and base tiles too. Revisiting archwing as a whole with railjack. All the other things such as the mainline fix update recently. You just want your ideas. You don't really care about everything actually being worked on. It's not exactly what you want.

Edited by Firetempest

39 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

I will partially agree that a lot of Warframe's problems come from DE's policy of pushing out content and then rushing to the next release. 

AHEM! You mean the communities insistence on screeching content drought every time DE isn't popping out enough "content" to their liking.

I think it's ok if there are some bugs at the release moment, it's normal after all (nothing is perfect at the first release), I think it's nice to try and find some bugs, report them on the forums and see they are fixed in the next hotfix, feels kind of satisfying, and it makjes me feel like I'm part of the game dev lol. The moment the game works obviously!

il y a 4 minutes, LupisV0lk a dit :

AHEM! You mean the communities insistence on screeching content drought every time DE isn't popping out enough "content" to their liking.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "thank you gif"

10 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

I've personally never cried that there is a content drought.  I've always had enough to occupy my time.  I have, however, cried when it was clear an update was released too soon and too hastily.  I think DE should probably stop allowing themselves to be pressured by high maintenance, needy, selfish gamers who require constant guinea pig food drip stimulation.  Instead they should be putting out content when they are polished and ready. 

There can't be such a thing as a polished update in warframe, the Devs only work on it with an alpha view, we as a community do the work to beta test all the updates and from there DE begins to polish the game.

Yeah, I'd like new stuff being made on PoE, new ways to get rare resourses, make more archwing mission types and a whole of other stuff, but also understand that DE, to keep the flow of players, has a need to release complete new content that attracts new and old players into the game, instead of working in old game modes.

F2P is a double-edged sword

2 hours ago, (PS4)the_awsome123 said:

not sure how survivals can work since you don't exactly need life support in an oxygen rich, non-infested environment like the plains, and i don't think the Tusk Legion can just turn off the filters like other Grineer units on ships do. large scale conflicts could work, but the Corpus have minimal interest in the plains and the Grineer basically control the entire region. a full-scale assault wouldn't be wise, tactically speaking.

this would be nice, at least for those of us that group up in the simulacrum, though once you've done the Nukor/Atlas combo and tried both Peculiar Mods, there isn't really much reason to go there, testing weapons and builds can be done solo, arguably quicker too.

Archwing survivals with good rewards (kuva)

again, how will the life support system work? we already have vacuum environments, there needs to be something other than just slaughtering masses of enemies or otherwise it'll be way too easy, even by warframe standards. I'm all for more Kuva, and I'll even strap on an Archwing for some Kuva, but I don't get how this would work.

oof. I definitely wouldn't bank on this one. 

if you mean straight up solo Extraction, then yes, I'll give you that one. anything more contrived than "stay minimum 5 mins to enable extratcion and keep what you have earned up until that point" is a no.

hmm.. maybe if if the rewards are just cosmetics, DE could get away with that, but even then, there'll be complaints. also, leaderboard of what? events? conclave? the parkour room in the dojo? if it's anything clan or group based, then only large active clans will have access to those rewards, which isn't exactly fair to the rets of the playerbase.

in short, Fortuna is coming, whether you are ready for it or not. yes it will be buggy, yes DE should probably go back and fettle some older content, but they aren't, they won't and when Fortuna comes most of us won't care about the rest of the game because we'll all be trying to see how many K-drive tricks it takes to knock a Crewman's helmet off.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7