Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Delay Fortuna.

(PSN)Second_Phase

1 hour ago, AlMcFly said:

I've personally never cried that there is a content drought.  I've always had enough to occupy my time.  I have, however, cried when it was clear an update was released too soon and too hastily.

Never intended to point the finger at you.

I think DE should probably stop allowing themselves to be pressured by high maintenance, needy, selfish gamers who require constant guinea pig food drip stimulation. 

And what suffer from a massive PR night mare with self entitled manletts in the forums and youtube crusading against them? Yeah we all know they won't.

Instead they should be putting out content when they are polished and ready. 

Yes and then all these oh so wonderful community contributors go Reeeee where's my tendies DE REEEEE

DE is dammed if they do, dammed if they don't. The sooner the community comes to grips with that the better.

What you should be saying is "Delay any big releases AFTER fortuna and rail jack". These are things that DE has already invested thousands of man hours into. You cant just say lets not release this thing we've spent hundreds of thousands maybe a couple million dollars into making with out having some sort if pay off for it. Not only is that a good way to put your company in the toilet but it is also really bad for moral in the studio. Devs will start to feel like "whats the point in putting all this work in if its never actually going to be released or make a difference?" 

Edited by TheKazz91

I love new content when it comes but it never lasts long. Theres plenty for most players to do on warframe, just not everybody likes to do it

Personally in at the point of playing other games I haven't touched in a while like elder scrolls and seeking to invest in other newer games like black ops 4 just for shots

No reason to buy plat other than investment slots and tots

Yeah, they kinda tried that already, it was called Pretty Much the Entirely of 2018 'Till Soon-ish, where they went back and polished, fixed, and revamped a whole bunch of stuff in exchange for a slower drip of 'content'.

And we all know how this mature and reasonable community took that.

Edited by Vox_Preliator

DE releases big content updates to draw in players and revenue, but through those content updates also comes iterations over existing systems and content as necessary. Refactoring old stuff to make the new stuff feel more consistent (and ensure the whole game remains relatively efficient/performant) instead of just tacking it on is likely a large part of why it takes so long.

A few examples that are fairly easy to glean:

• Archwing launchers are now infinite use and auto-equip: this behavior is also consistent with gameplay demos of Fortuna featuring K-drives.
  • The appearance of Solaris in Cetus and Strata Relay: Sneaking them in early helps cement their place in the lore ahead of Fortuna while also helping to make the update lighter when it finally does drop.
  • Numerous cases where the (pending) release of a prime warframe/weapon prompted revisits on the stats/mechanics of the original.

While I think the op is misguided in his rant...I do hope they don't forget about PoE. There's so much they can do with a later landscape. I would like to see an endless mode in PoE. There are a couple of corridor missions that could easily fit PoE too. Recue, capture, mobile defense, excavation. 

Also...I would like to see those doors utilized to transition from plains to procedural tilesets.