What determines the next prime frame?

(PSN)lxXToastyXxl

Question

Hello, I’d like to ask how is the next prime warframe determined?(Also who is next?) Is there some kind’ve release order, Does it go off of popularity? Or perhaps it’s just random? Anyways I just wanted to know since there are only a few frames that I want to get primed and I would like to buy their prime access when it’s out (I know you can farm the frame off of relics but I just like to get it for the platinum and to support DE) 

12 answers to this question

It's based on the original warframe release order and so Mesa Prime should be the next one.
You can also notice that prime releases are swtiching between genders every 2 new primes (2 males, 2 females, 2 males, 2 females etc).

NB :  For Mirage and Zephyr they made an exception and so Mirage came before Zephyr even if Zephyr was older.

Edited by Rathalio

Actually, while everyone has raised the same point, it's not actually exact.

While Prime releases have been almost consistent, they aren't fixed, as popularity often causes frames to bump up the list.

The order is always, every year starting in February/March, a Female, two Males and a Female before Christmas, so four Primes per year. But the Christmas release has always been a little... debatable.

So for the Male frames, the only one out of order was Frost, he was the first new frame after the original 8, and so he got a Prime right after Excalibur. After that, every single Male frame released has been based on the release order, finishing off the original frames, then proceeding in easily predicted order.

Female frames, though...

Nyx and Nova both jumped up ahead of Trinity, then Saryn and Valkyr bounced up ahead of Banshee, then most recently Mirage jumped ahead of Zephyr. This is usually, but not always, to do with which frame will likely gain more business on the Prime Access in that key time of year; Christmas. Popularity really does seem to count there.

The predicted Prime for December is Mesa, but competing with her for popularity are the two that came after, Equinox and Ivara, both being exceptionally popular too. So it's a little up in the air.

Edited by Thaylien

28 minutes ago, xcenic said:

hi new member is determinate by the same order of normal release, Thanks for no using the internet.

Okay, wow! Talk about moronic and unnecessarily hostile.

First of all, learn how to properly write. Secondly, Primes are released released in the original order in a male, male, female, female order. If it's Christmas, the more popular of the two gets released first (Valkyr and Mirage were good examples). Thirdly, the OP is using the internet. Hence, why he posted it in https://forums.warframe.com, which requires internet.

I swear, an IQ and English tests should be a requirement to access the forums. 

On 2018-10-18 at 6:07 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Okay, wow! Talk about moronic and unnecessarily hostile.

First of all, learn how to properly write. Secondly, Primes are released released in the original order in a male, male, female, female order. If it's Christmas, the more popular of the two gets released first (Valkyr and Mirage were good examples). Thirdly, the OP is using the internet. Hence, why he posted it in https://forums.warframe.com, which requires internet.

I swear, an IQ and English tests should be a requirement to access the forums. 

Lmao, thanks for sticking up for me bro, I don’t understand what’s up with that guy.... and his English 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, (PS4)lxXToastyXxl said:

Lmao, thanks for sticking up for me bro, I don’t understand what’s up with that guy.... and his English 😂😂😂

Eh, there's a few of us. I've even had a really bad day once or twice and responded almost exactly like this guy, when my usual is the kind of reply I posted above.

Don't pay them any mind.