Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jat Kittag Ragdoll pls

Techno-Wizard

Now, i'm pretty sure this has been talked about in the past. I want to know if there's any possibility to bring back Jat Kittag's insane ragdoll, or at least make it a bit stronger.

Jat Kittag used to be much more fun when it had this feature, now it barely moves enemies and the new weapon (Paracesis) has a very similar slam attack, the only difference is that it moves ememies straight up and Jat Kittag moves them away from you.

Atlas Landslide still has that insane ragdoll on the third punch so i don't know what is holding DE back from adding this feature to Jat Kittag.

giphy.gif

Blast seems to affect the distance Landslide sends them flying, i have 800 blast.

I want to know what you guys think, should it be changed? or remain the same.

3 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

I don't think the Jat ever threw enemies as far as landslide, it did throw them far, but I don't think it has changed much.

it used to be part of the grineer space program, in the next video we can see it used to be stronger as it make enemies collide with walls.

I for one don't enjoy Rag-Doll Super Launch effects on living Enemies. As great as an Enemy ragdolling or push back effect is for "catching your breath" or breaking up a troublesome group of enemies before going to town on them, Insane and Super ragdolling is almost never welcome. Why? Same reason a lot of Players didn't want the Super Impact proc suggested in the ISP Damage 2.5 breakdowns. We want to kill our Enemies, not Displace them, lose track of them, and then get ganked in the back by them later. Can you imagine how terrifying it can be to just suddenly lose track of a Nox or Hyekka Master in a high level mission? (Especially if you're not the one who did the attack?)

That said, I would be all for Insane Ragdolling on killed enemies, that is, as long as those corpses don't ruin stealth somehow.

16 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I for one don't enjoy Rag-Doll Super Launch effects on living Enemies. As great as an Enemy ragdolling or push back effect is for "catching your breath" or breaking up a troublesome group of enemies before going to town on them, Insane and Super ragdolling is almost never welcome. Why? Same reason a lot of Players didn't want the Super Impact proc suggested in the ISP Damage 2.5 breakdowns. We want to kill our Enemies, not Displace them, lose track of them, and then get ganked in the back by them later. Can you imagine how terrifying it can be to just suddenly lose track of a Nox or Hyekka Master in a high level mission? (Especially if you're not the one who did the attack?)

That said, I would be all for Insane Ragdolling on killed enemies, that is, as long as those corpses don't ruin stealth somehow.

Jay kittag isn't really an endgame weapon so it wouldn't be that much of a difference in terms of ruining other people's experience, it could also be useful and funny for open world areas, Wich seems to be DE's focus right now.

ragdolling is fine when the enemy is already a corpse,but sending living enemies flying and then having to keep running up to them to finish them off... this was why impact in the proposed damage 2.5 was an absolutely terrible idea and we all rallied against it. I can take or leave Jat Kittag honestly, but all I'm saying is not everybody finds running after enemies fun.

2 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

ragdolling is fine when the enemy is already a corpse,but sending living enemies flying and then having to keep running up to them to finish them off... this was why impact in the proposed damage 2.5 was an absolutely terrible idea and we all rallied against it. I can take or leave Jat Kittag honestly, but all I'm saying is not everybody finds running after enemies fun.

Thing is, that massive ragdoll effect slam attack was a feature of the Jat Kitty.  Along with its special lightshow from its slam attack and spin animation.  On other weapons the ragdoll slam can be annoying.  But on the JK, it should still be there.   Lots of options for those not liking the ragdoll explosion.

Slowly closing on 4k hours in, and the JK is my most used melee weapon.  I love it.   It's no longer a top tier weapon, though still pretty good, but I am biased.  Taking away things that make weapons special, especially lesser ones, makes playing them kinda meh.