Umbra or Nidus to put Lens in

(PSN)King-Ballor

Question

So I finally got some lens from plains of eidolon bounty and I wanna be more caraful with them than I was with the first ones I got from the quest, I put that ones into weapon which seemed like awesome idea back than before I wanted to switch the weapon yeah, so now I wanna put them into warframe something more permanent at least for me and two frames that came in my mind are umbra and nidus, umbra because well you start his 4 and you kill just thanks to his abilities which means everything goes to frame, nidus im not sure, I picked him mainly because im just building him, his pros would be that I will be using him a lot in the future, propably much more than umbra and I know he does a lot of dmg I just dont know if he kills using his abilities, like limbo can use his abilities to trap entire army, but if you dont one shot them with cataclysm you need to use guns = not so much going into lens. So should I put them into umbra or does nidus uses his abilities to kill as much so I should rather put them there?

7 answers to this question

Something to know about both of those frames, umbra kills swarms of enemies right away whereas nidus eventually 1 shots enemies as you gain stacks from using abilities. Personally i use umbra over nidus just bc of the instant kill factor. I can run sortie missions no problem and long survivals, hes a beast. Nidus is extremely survivable but at a certain point even if you modded him for full dmg output it falls off at around lvl 110+ and you are stuck just using his ability to gather them together and wail on them till they die. If you end up liking nidus then go with him but in the long run umbra. On another note is it just a regular lense? if it is i would save it and try to earn more of it to make a greater lens. After making a greater lens, if you have a eidolon blueprint, use it together to make the highest tier lens you can make that gives you the full focus output you can get. 

On 2018-10-19 at 1:38 AM, (PS4)King-Ballor said:

So I finally got some lens from plains of eidolon bounty and I wanna be more caraful with them than I was with the first ones I got from the quest, I put that ones into weapon which seemed like awesome idea back than before I wanted to switch the weapon yeah, so now I wanna put them into warframe something more permanent at least for me and two frames that came in my mind are umbra and nidus, umbra because well you start his 4 and you kill just thanks to his abilities which means everything goes to frame, nidus im not sure, I picked him mainly because im just building him, his pros would be that I will be using him a lot in the future, propably much more than umbra and I know he does a lot of dmg I just dont know if he kills using his abilities, like limbo can use his abilities to trap entire army, but if you dont one shot them with cataclysm you need to use guns = not so much going into lens. So should I put them into umbra or does nidus uses his abilities to kill as much so I should rather put them there?

Put on what ever you like. You will get a lot more lenses later on. Best lens users ,in my opinion, are the aoe ones or sleep equinox.

On 2018-10-19 at 6:38 AM, (PS4)King-Ballor said:

Dude dude dude,do you know what's called ESO if you do then put it into a rhino prime,Saryn prime,Trinity prime,volt prime 

With these frames I can guarantee that people will select you and ESO for me I got 220k focus on zone 8 (about 30min) and so I advice you to save it for those frames or if not I think Nidus the immortal will be better cause if you get downed =lost the focus yellow orb so not getting down is very important and Nidus uses his abilities for killing,healing,tanking,group a army of enemies for his one and each stacks makes you 1 do more damage 

I used Nidus to do a hour long Eris infested neo or Axi survival and I ended up not even getting down once and instead got my teammates up and did the most damage and I used his abilities for most of everything

2 hours ago, kamyung said:

Dude dude dude,do you know what's called ESO if you do then put it into a rhino prime,Saryn prime,Trinity prime,volt prime 

To adress first thing no I do not know whats ESO, I would gues tis someting on plains of Eidolon since thats pretty much only content I havent done much exept for like 3 bounties and that saya vigil side quest and about those frames, I dont have any of them and they dont appeal to me that much and since they are curently all vaulted even if I would want to make them just to farm focus I couldnt, so Nidus and Umbra are really the best options from what I have. I gues I will go for nidus, also I got specificaly Naramon lens, I dont know if you can use those to make greater lens or such

19 minutes ago, (PS4)King-Ballor said:

To adress first thing no I do not know whats ESO, I would gues tis someting on plains of Eidolon since thats pretty much only content I havent done much exept for like 3 bounties and that saya vigil side quest and about those frames, I dont have any of them and they dont appeal to me that much and since they are curently all vaulted even if I would want to make them just to farm focus I couldnt, so Nidus and Umbra are really the best options from what I have. I gues I will go for nidus, also I got specificaly Naramon lens, I dont know if you can use those to make greater lens or such 

You need 4 of those lenses to make a Grerater lens. The BP for the greater lens can be obtained from the market. ESO is Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. You access that from Cephalon Simaris.

There are three main ways to farm focus right now.

1. Eidolon Hunting : imo the best way since you get Arcanes as well. You can convert Brilliant and Radiant shards into focus. You don't need the lens for this.

2. ESO

3. Adaro, Sedna: Take a stealth frame go to Adaro and keep the stealth affinity bonus at 500% throughout the mission. This is a bit finicky since you or dead bodies of enemies shouldnt be seen by eh other mobs.

Neither of the frames you've suggested is particularly good for focus farming. You can still do it but it'll be really inefficient.

41 minutes ago, orangescythe1990 said:

Neither of the frames you've suggested is particularly good for focus farming. You can still do it but it'll be really inefficient.

ohh yeah I know about onslaught but only done the basic version, not elite one, I dont think I have good enough mods to be efficient in that one and I dont mind having inefficient in focus farming, its not something Im focusing, im kinda trying to get the best from what I have you know

11 hours ago, (PS4)King-Ballor said:

ESO is elite sanctuary onslaught and it doesn't drop resources just big focus and radiant relics,synthetic eidolon shard , vandal stuff that is worth 100+p but drop chance is 2.5%(something like that)