Way to make cryotic farming better

(XBOX)dark lucario102

When I go to get cryo for different objects I find getting 100 per excavator is very annoying. You spend more time getting powercells than anything. I think a way to remedy this would be add a bonus to cryo gains that stacks for every excavator completed. For example 1st one you gain 100 2nd 125 3rd 150 and so forth. But if one excavator is destroyed it resets the bonus. It would provide a reason to stay longer through higher level enemies.

Do players even do long Excavator runs? I know they were more done back when it launched but then they turned to fast hits as you got the real treasure in the first 3 excavates. 

Maybe if there was more to use Cryotic on, it would be more worth a bonus of some type....but with the Sibear being the last weapon I can recall needing it for, not much comes to mind on needing more. 

These missions always give me a good nostalgic feel to them as they were the first type I did in the event way back when WARFRAME hit my house. Maybe a new addition is in order.

Perhaps it could be possible to overclock the power of the excavator. For example when one or two additional power cells beyond the standard four the drill will work faster but still take the same time for more Cryotic. It's unlikely to happen though considering everything else that's going on too.

16 hours ago, Atsia said:

If they were gonna do scaling rewards like this, they would've listened to people saying kuva survival should have it. As it stands DE does not want to have scaling rewards to incentivize long runs.

Considering issues with hosting that can render a 30 minute run a waste of time it's foolish to even bother with longer runs. Maybe one day they'll start caching all rewards with each player instead of only with the host.

they should just double the number of cryo for each successful excavation... example, 1st excavation = 100 cryo, 2nd excavation = 200, 3rd excavation = 400... 8th excavation = 12,800 cryo 

this will give people incentive sit in excavation as long as possible... 

Edited by (PS4)calvin_0

5 hours ago, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

they should just double the number of cryo for each successful excavation... example, 1st excavation = 100 cryo, 2nd excavation = 200, 3rd excavation = 400... 8th excavation = 12,800 cryo 

this will give people incentive sit in excavation as long as possible... 

I mean, with that kind of thing, I'd've had the Sibear in two Hieracon runs, not 7 hours of grinding excavations (luckily during the last fomorian, so there were a lot of high-powered people around).

The problem with cryotic and excavators in general is that the gain and health doesn't scale with level, while enemy level jumps with each dig: 18 digs on the regular Earth excavation node bring in a massive level spike at around the 14th-16th digs. I specifically remember frontier elite lancers being around lvl 48. A suggestion to fix this imbalance would be to add a flat rate of cryotic for every successful dig as a bonus, the rate being equal to the base level of the node/mission.