Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth / AI changes removed my only method of farming a lot focus

tastic

I don't follow the party line and do X defence or ESO for focus farming as I found a method which is a good bit less hectic.  It is a good way to not be bombarded literally constantly by npc's and chill while gaming after a day/nights pugging.  I got my focus and side benefit i got nano spores etc as I use Saturn, I stealth chain kill in this case Grineer but in recent changes

• NPC's now react to seeing any corpse
  • NPC's now react to containers being broken open, a handy supply of power

• NPC's now react to the sight of arrow shots[Ivara's bow]

So now because of those changes with a booster I can barely get 25k focus verses the 35-50k I used to be able to get if I could do mostly head shots.  Note the booster, which I bought plat to buy it ingame, I now no longer need it so I won't be bothering to buy any more plat

Edited by tastic
stupid forum duplicating text

yeah same when it was changed so now that I stopped buying boosters (affinity/resource) I don't bother to focus farm nor kuva farm, basically for players like us they killed that market.

everybody can have their input about whatever but from a money point of view they bite their own hands.

None of the actions you listed are new additions. Enemies have always reacted to those before the update; you just didn't notice it before. As for the reduced focus gains its most probably from enemies not spawning which is a bug that was introduced in the chimera update. They have fixed some areas of it but a lot of it still has issues.

To the none of those are new posters, have you even tried doing stealth chaining before this update? i know not cause these are new, its how I have been farming focus on this account and now on my main account that I am rebuilding, all you have to do is check my post history as I have stated this is how I focus farm well before now without these issues.  Now I have no choice but to do ESO to get any significant amount of focus.

As to why the focus is reduced that should be obvious, npc's keep seeing corpses so its near impossible to keep the chain up, even using sleep arrow.  Plus the fact you do know sleep arrow only works first time, it can't be reapplied or they don't re-enter a unaware state so you have to wait until they re-enter it the slow way, if you had done this type of focus farm you would know you that and you to cap it off you only have 25 seconds between kills or it breaks the chain.