Dojo Contest: Missing Places?

(PSN)Mirai_Maku

Question

So the dojo contest results were just announced, and I can't help but notice we're missing a 4th and 5th places.  The contest notice said "There will be five winners per Clan tier per platform (15 first place winners in total)."

Five winners per Clan tier per platform.  That means there will be 5 moon clan winners on the PS4, 5 moon clan winners on Xbox, and 5 moon clan winners on PC (as well as every clan tier below moon clan).  So... where's 4th and 5th places?

12 answers to this question

I think it was just incorrectly worded as the prizes section shows 3 winners for each clan tier.

"There will be five winners per Clan tier per platform (15 first place winners in total):

PC: Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain, Moon
PS4: Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain, Moon
XB1: Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain, Moon"

"Prizes:

1st place – Exclusive Gold contest trophy for your dojo + 5000 Platinum added to your Clan Vault + Your Dojo featured on the Star Chart!
2nd place – Exclusive Silver contest trophy for your dojo + 4000 Platinum added to your Clan Vault!
3rd place – Exclusive Bronze contest trophy for your dojo + 3000 Platinum added to your Clan Vault!"

Maybe the amount of winners was altered before the contest was started and that part wasn't corrected?

19 hours ago, NovusNova said:

I think it was just incorrectly worded as the prizes section shows 3 winners for each clan tier. 

It may have been edited last minute..but i too recalled the '5 First Place winners' too.  Congratulations to the winners though regardless good job!!! 

However despite this, I can't express my disappointment enough on how this contest was poorly managed/conducted.  

first of IMO this shouldnt have been a contest....Dojo showcases should have been a simple community monthly/quarterly feature in game not a competition/contest.  

As i mentioned here:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1012955-dojo-remaster-contest-winners-announced/?do=findComment&comment=10181684  

Especially with a poor judging criteria of:

Winners will be selected based on creativity and quality of their Clan Dojo design!

This is very vague as creativity and quality in dojo decoration is infinitely subjective. There should have been more objective or having parameters to base it on to be a 'contest'  for example...1)  Must have at least 1 sculpture... 2) Must have at least 2 rooms decorated...etc etc or something like that....anything really...to base the creativity/quality on....but just to say most creative or best quality is lazy judging imo).  Plus...the  winners selected where between the pages of 1 - 6.  And there were over 30 pages of entries....  (pre-selected winners? 🤔)   A contest consisting of over 30 pages worth of entries (really good ones too) should have had more time/days (not 1 day) for judges to  thoroughly look through the entries.  so much work went into putting or creating any decorated dojo...and the time it took for judges to select a winner (1 day) is a slap in the face to those clans that really put the work in and submitted (some really high quality) entries hours before the deadline (what was the point of even having deadlines or locking the thread if winners where decided in 1day and on the first 6/30 pages?)  

Anyways that's my opinion and feedback to hopefully contribute into making the 'next contest' less of a competition and more of a community feature type of thing (ofc assuming this post even gets any attention from DE as i know they get already swamped with stuff).

Edited by -Edrick-
grammar nazi

14 hours ago, KAlNAN said:

Funnily enough I see they've completly ignored these kind of players who build outside of Dojo (wall glitch users) and give them the prize. Was a good choice not to participate.

Its good for some exposure but particularly good for concept sharing either way. but yea in terms of in having hopes of winning..this kind of judging is what makes it difficult to convince a good portion of the community to compete/participate in.  

This contest was poorly managed and poorly decided.

One clan in particular won simply because they broke the rules by having someone respond to their post to the point of flooding the pages.

Decided by one person? On what basis?

It wasn't that our clan didn't place but the clans that won ...seems so random

For this reason I'm done with warframe.

Thank you DE for four years of great entertainment but there was so much "I just don't care" given to this contest.

Wish you all the best in future endeavors.

1 hour ago, (XB1)MediocreSupreme said:

This contest was poorly managed and poorly decided.

One clan in particular won simply because they broke the rules by having someone respond to their post to the point of flooding the pages.

Decided by one person? On what basis?

It wasn't that our clan didn't place but the clans that won ...seems so random

For this reason I'm done with warframe. 

Thank you DE for four years of great entertainment but there was so much "I just don't care" given to this contest.

Wish you all the best in future endeavors.

little bit of an excessive reaction there. while i agree with that the contest was ran badly - there's no reason to quit over a single instance of bad management from DE. As you've mentioned you've played for years, DE might not give feedback straight away but dont you think they have a track record of listening and changing future plans accordingly?

just to lighten things up...

....do you drink tea?

On 2018-10-20 at 6:57 PM, -Edrick- said:

It may have been edited last minute..but i too recalled the '5 First Place winners' too.  Congratulations to the winners though regardless good job!!! 

However despite this, I can't express my disappointment enough on how this contest was poorly managed/conducted.  

first of IMO this shouldnt have been a contest....Dojo showcases should have been a simple community monthly/quarterly feature in game not a competition/contest.  

As i mentioned here:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1012955-dojo-remaster-contest-winners-announced/?do=findComment&comment=10181684  

Especially with a poor judging criteria of:

This is very vague as creativity and quality in dojo decoration is infinitely subjective. There should have been more objective or having parameters to base it on to be a 'contest'  for example...1)  Must have at least 1 sculpture... 2) Must have at least 2 rooms decorated...etc etc or something like that....anything really...to base the creativity/quality on....but just to say most creative or best quality is lazy judging imo).  Plus...the  winners selected where between the pages of 1 - 6.  And there were over 30 pages of entries....  (pre-selected winners? 🤔)   A contest consisting of over 30 pages worth of entries (really good ones too) should have had more time/days (not 1 day) for judges to  thoroughly look through the entries.  so much work went into putting or creating any decorated dojo...and the time it took for judges to select a winner (1 day) is a slap in the face to those clans that really put the work in and submitted (some really high quality) entries hours before the deadline (what was the point of even having deadlines or locking the thread if winners where decided in 1day and on the first 6/30 pages?)  

Anyways that's my opinion and feedback to hopefully contribute into making the 'next contest' less of a competition and more of a community feature type of thing (ofc assuming this post even gets any attention from DE as i know they get already swamped with stuff).

Totally agreed. 

Extremely lazy. Not good!

I have to agree with many of the post here this contest was poorly conducted and I believe that the winners were pre-selected there is no way possible that on the very last day of the contest when I submitted my dojo like many others people did that you DE took the time to look at the last pages post. I eye balled the thread within it's final hour before locking the thread and only moments later winners are announced? Based off of creativity is a infinitely subjective opinion and there was no real direction for this contest for people to based a design off of if you had said who can make a creative orokin hall that would have been something to base off of.

First off I am completely offended that all the winners chosen for PS4 did not have their HUD off in their videos. For all the people who took the time to turn off their hud and not hit any decoration to show off it's energy color in decorate mode gave more of a effort to display a better presentation of their dojo. It's not a special trick or mod to get your hud off to show the dojo like it's a MTV music video but it takes effort to make it happen. Second How do you even consider walking around the dojo and going into decorate mode on video then just flying randomly around the room a showcase? To be honest DE Warframe itself is not prepared for this contest if you wanted to do this a proper way the first thing that has to happen is you need to create a function for videoing the dojo to eliminate energy color emitting off of decorations.Third to be fair because we know for a fact this contest was judged in a bias way you should withdraw making the dojos becoming a public place, keep the platinum reward if you want, and hold off until you all sit at a conference table and brainstorm on how to make a proper defined contest to determine who's dojo becomes a public place.

My dojo video is not the best I won't even say my dojo was the most creative but my presentation of the dojo how I showcased it in the video took more time and effort then majority of the people who participated in this contest and that alone should be enough to be considered a potential winner. I didn't just walk around my dojo go into decorate mode on camera and just fly randomly showing off every piece of the room not caring if I hit decorations and make the energy color show off of everything. I personally think that is sloppy and poor taste of a showcase which is why I spent the time and effort to make my video a presentable showcase. People who've seen my video told me "This is professional", "This is something I would expect DE to make in a video for a dev stream", or "This should be on prime time!". I am not making these quotes up this is what I was told by the people who saw my video and if you haven't DE then maybe you should so you can get a example of what "Showcasing" is!

Just like the last contest I participated in which was the postcard contest all you guys said in basic form was make a postcard. No direction on how it should be themed, or if it would be a vacation type of postcard, a recruitment postcard for example join the tenno army, or a wish you well postcard. All that was said was make a creative postcard. There's a trend of contest with no defined objective just open vague subjection based of creativity which is 100% opinionated. What you think is good I think is trash that does not mean it should win just because YOU THINK SO! If the community in majority is saying no and you say yes does not mean it should be so.

DE have respect for the community that fuels your pockets with money and waste it's life to play your game it's the least you can do more or less you are obligated to adhere to the community!

On 2018-11-02 at 4:51 AM, (PS4)TrueDeMoN100 said:

I have to agree with many of the post here this contest was poorly conducted and I believe that the winners were pre-selected there is no way possible that on the very last day of the contest when I submitted my dojo like many others people did that you DE took the time to look at the last pages post. I eye balled the thread within it's final hour before locking the thread and only moments later winners are announced? Based off of creativity is a infinitely subjective opinion and there was no real direction for this contest for people to based a design off of if you had said who can make a creative orokin hall that would have been something to base off of.

First off I am completely offended that all the winners chosen for PS4 did not have their HUD off in their videos. For all the people who took the time to turn off their hud and not hit any decoration to show off it's energy color in decorate mode gave more of a effort to display a better presentation of their dojo. It's not a special trick or mod to get your hud off to show the dojo like it's a MTV music video but it takes effort to make it happen. Second How do you even consider walking around the dojo and going into decorate mode on video then just flying randomly around the room a showcase? To be honest DE Warframe itself is not prepared for this contest if you wanted to do this a proper way the first thing that has to happen is you need to create a function for videoing the dojo to eliminate energy color emitting off of decorations.Third to be fair because we know for a fact this contest was judged in a bias way you should withdraw making the dojos becoming a public place, keep the platinum reward if you want, and hold off until you all sit at a conference table and brainstorm on how to make a proper defined contest to determine who's dojo becomes a public place.

My dojo video is not the best I won't even say my dojo was the most creative but my presentation of the dojo how I showcased it in the video took more time and effort then majority of the people who participated in this contest and that alone should be enough to be considered a potential winner. I didn't just walk around my dojo go into decorate mode on camera and just fly randomly showing off every piece of the room not caring if I hit decorations and make the energy color show off of everything. I personally think that is sloppy and poor taste of a showcase which is why I spent the time and effort to make my video a presentable showcase. People who've seen my video told me "This is professional", "This is something I would expect DE to make in a video for a dev stream", or "This should be on prime time!". I am not making these quotes up this is what I was told by the people who saw my video and if you haven't DE then maybe you should so you can get a example of what "Showcasing" is!

Just like the last contest I participated in which was the postcard contest all you guys said in basic form was make a postcard. No direction on how it should be themed, or if it would be a vacation type of postcard, a recruitment postcard for example join the tenno army, or a wish you well postcard. All that was said was make a creative postcard. There's a trend of contest with no defined objective just open vague subjection based of creativity which is 100% opinionated. What you think is good I think is trash that does not mean it should win just because YOU THINK SO! If the community in majority is saying no and you say yes does not mean it should be so.

DE have respect for the community that fuels your pockets with money and waste it's life to play your game it's the least you can do more or less you are obligated to adhere to the community!

I can understand if you're upset in how the contest was handled, but if I were to be honest about your video submission, I would say that your presentation was better than how the dojo was decorated. That's not to say that my clan's dojo is much better if not any better at all, but after looking at the finalists on PC, you have people in clans making caverns out of the halls, fortresses, offices, or even animals! I liked the lighting and the color schemes in your dojo and video, but I think what won was how the decorations were used. All things considered, these dojos weren't even the first ones to create those I mentioned above, there have been quite a few that have been showcased via Twitch streams before.

I agree the contest judging was unclear about the rules and that makes the contest results debatable. Hopefully next contest will have clearer rules.

Some of the winners look a bit meh compared to others of the same tier, but something like judging apearance of something is always going to be controversial.
That said, Im pretty sure they only looked at the most popular posts (with higher upvotes) and chose from there, specially considering our quickly it was decided.
Although some people here, are a bit too much on the extra salty side and starting to go with way too many conspiracy theories. 

On 2018-11-02 at 11:51 AM, (PS4)TrueDeMoN100 said:

you specially need to chill. And you are free to point me to a dojo that is not mine, submited in the moon tier of pc that looks better to suddenly justify removing my clan from the starmap like that.

And to the op, ye there was 5 places for each tier, you are right. It was changed a bit before the contest ended with no explanation. It would been fine if something would have been said but it wasn't

On 2018-10-19 at 4:14 PM, NovusNova said:

Maybe the amount of winners was altered before the contest was started and that part wasn't corrected?

The contest was pretty much started as soon as it was announced (how would you even put starting date limit on dojos that are already built) so the change was made shortly before it ended.

Also as an end note, I still haven't goten my 5k plat reward or contest statue,. More excited about the statue since 5k plat is nothing in a moon clan.

I built the second place dojo for Mountain Clan on XB1. In our zone there where many well deserving clans that didnt place but we lost to a less than worthy dojo. I am happy my clan placed however I feel that the judging system was flawed we and many more well deserved dojos lost to a sub par dojo and a social justice sob story. It also came to my attention that the winners also manage  Warframe XB1 group on FB and are affiliate streamers of D/E. We still have not recieved our rewards and D/E is sweeping my questions about affiliates winning under the rug (so it seems). Pretty much my entire clan of veteran players (some 200+ players have all but gave up on warframe after what they call a blatant slap in the face to our hard work). My clan has given D/E many GotL and they repay us w this 2 hours of judging of 100s of hours of dojo submissions.Im not mad we didnt win Im mad that they didnt even pu effort into the judging.Honestly after seeing some of the submissions I feel alot of the other(better) dojos in my tier didnt get a fair look. They atleast could have pretended to judge and waited 24 hrs to announce their predetermined 1st place winners.