Jump to content

Reorganization of Dojo Tiles


Rauxa9
 Share

Recommended Posts

Can we get a new system or tile that allows us to reorganize other dojo tiles into different layouts? having to destroy rooms one by one with an hour delay per room is tedious and time consuming for complex dojos. 

 

Maybe a 2d, drag and snap interface that allows you to adjust on multiple levels of the dojo could work to move tiles around. Have the interface display what can move and what currebtly cannot too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with dojo rooms is in their creation and destruction process ... they them selves are static objects ... which when created "archor" to a point, and when we destroy them we release the anchor. Doing such to objects that are anchored while inside the system can be harmful ... but doing so from outside the system is an even taller order.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Errodin said:

The problem with dojo rooms is in their creation and destruction process ... they them selves are static objects ... which when created "archor" to a point, and when we destroy them we release the anchor. Doing such to objects that are anchored while inside the system can be harmful ... but doing so from outside the system is an even taller order.

yhe process wouldnt be live tho if thats what youre saying. step one would be to reorganize based on user preference and then step two would be the game reloading them in their new placements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Rauxa9 said:

yhe process wouldnt be live tho if thats what youre saying. step one would be to reorganize based on user preference and then step two would be the game reloading them in their new placements.

Which require an editing system ... and perhaps even a server shutdown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Allowing founder warlords to edit dojo layout through clan settings in the community tab would be really good.
Simple rules, you can't add rooms, only remove in the mode. If you remove rooms, it will take 2 hours before changes take effect. You can swap things around freely and the edits are not saved if any room is disconnected. Rooms & elevators can be rotated.

Refreshing the dojo after your edits are complete, just like when you add or remove a room currently refreshing the dojo & respawning everyone who is in the dojo.

Edited by Navarchus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (XB1)RabidGoldfish J said:

Actually an easier method might be to have a "inventory" that allows you to hold rooms removed from the layout.  You would keep all the data the currently contains, but unattached. 

 

Then you could simply place the rooms back like you would adding new rooms, and they would be placed with data intact.

But that'd not be easy at all.. If I want to move a hall that's in the middle of 6 rooms and I want to swap it with another, your suggestion requires me to remove a minimum of 7 rooms.
A dojo layout editing mode that would let you just drag & drop them both to the side and then replace their positions would be a lot easier & quicker, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Navarchus said:

But that'd not be easy at all.. If I want to move a hall that's in the middle of 6 rooms and I want to swap it with another, your suggestion requires me to remove a minimum of 7 rooms.
A dojo layout editing mode that would let you just drag & drop them both to the side and then replace their positions would be a lot easier & quicker, right?

I was actually referring to the programming of the function.  Drag and drop with the current system isn't possible.  In order to implement drag and drop, they would most likely have to rebuild the dojo system from the ground up, given the parent-child system that is currently in place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (XB1)RabidGoldfish J said:

I was actually referring to the programming of the function.  Drag and drop with the current system isn't possible.  In order to implement drag and drop, they would most likely have to rebuild the dojo system from the ground up, given the parent-child system that is currently in place.

There's already tools to add & remove tiles from relays and the sort on the fly, I do not believe dojos would have to be remade from scratch for this kind of new editing mode.
Keep in mind we're in dojo 3.0 & editing mode 4.0 at this point pretty much. It has changed a crazy amount and added tons of new functions since its creation and none have required anything that drastic. Even when they converted dojos from p2p to be hosted by DE it didn't require remaking dojos from the ground up.

It would have to change a few rules around like allowing deletion of several connected rooms at a time, but that's a limitation that was added & can just be removed while in this editing mode which again, things won't change as you move them around - the change only occurs when saving & you cannot save while anything is disconnected. You're not going to be able to relocate rooms people are in because it's just a visual representation of how things will save. It's not going to be real-time editing.

Edited by Navarchus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...