Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception strategy

Invisibleaxeman

Question

9 answers to this question

I don't understand it either Tenno ... personally i recently had a map where enemies were spawning from one end ... and passing through A ... which was guarded by a dude who was having more fun watching us joke through chat than having to kill all the enemies himself ... but it's not always the case and players are just silly and cant stay in one spot to make everyones life easier. 

The thing with INT missions is that usually, the tower you capture first is the tower that gets all the heat from enemies, it's been that way for the longest time but know with the AI changes I think this has been lowered a bit. From playing a few Arbitrations I can say that they go for all towers equally now 

But I agree, it can be a bit annoying, but I also see their point since just standing there is kinda boring 

It's not unreasonable to be annoyed by it, but you have to keep in mind from those other players perspectives, it's super boring to sit there and wait for npcs to come, plus you're likely out of affinity range of the other points which really sucks for leveling gear/focus. 

DE could make it better by making it so all nodes get swarmed around the same time and/or extending affinity range. But really interception maps just need a rework I think. Kinda like how spy could use a rework since the 4th person is usually just sitting there twiddling their thumbs with nothing really to do 😞

Edited by Erytroxylin

9 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

It's not unreasonable to be annoyed by it, but you have to keep in mind from those other players perspectives, it's super boring to sit there and wait for npcs to come, plus you're likely out of affinity range of the other points which really sucks for leveling gear/focus. 

DE could make it better by making it so all nodes get swarmed around the same time and/or extending affinity range. But really interception maps just need a rework I think. Kinda like how spy could use a rework since the 4th person is usually just sitting there twiddling their thumbs with nothing really to do 😞

Honestly, interception as a mode could just go away, imo. It's dull, most of the maps are horribly laid out for it, and in general the mode itself feels kind of counter intuitive to the rest of the game. (Even defense which is equally "stand in one place till you're bored", but still more exciting as it doesn't hinge on four people standing in completely different locations to succeed.)

Thanks for all the replies.  Some valid reasons to leave points of course, such as collecting loot and reactant.  I hadn't considered that interception itself might be to blame but I quite enjoy it, can see others might not be so patient with the layout.  Situation is fluid so sometimes there is a good reason, but I'm mainly referring to the type of player who doesn't even cap a point at the start of the mission, don't think they're farming affinity a lot of the time as an immediate recapture would be in order.  Instead one of the other players leaves their point to recap, usually losing the point they were guarding and so forth.

Also annoyed at the moment by Limbo in arbitration missions, love Limbo and never had any complaints about him before, but as far as I can tell those drones are invulnerable in the rift and so are the dudes they're protecting.

Had both of these going on in the last arbitration I did, shaking my head the whole time then aborted.

Will calm down in a bit :D