Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

terracotta Trophies for all entries in the dojo contest

CapinHands

That sums it up.it takes alot of courage to enter something knowing that you really don't stand a chance to win..the fact is any clan that takes the time to do anything in the dojo, other than research, should be rewarded. I personally seen several dojo entries that met up to the criteria of the contest just not on the scale as others.. some of the smallest works had great innovations, in item use and creativity.. it's mainly for this reason that I think, no clan that entered should be passed up and left to think that their creativity, is not recognized.

I think your view point is very callus, after all this is not a gymnastics class.. By your presented standard only those that sit in a dojo 18 hours a day decorating 100 rooms should even be considered. when others put in as much of their available time, as possible.. the criteria said " Winners will be selected based on creativity and quality of their Clan Dojo design! " to say those qualities don't exist in the other entries is ludicrous. Why you would assume that DE would have to work harder to do "judge entries" is beyond normal reasoning I'm sure..not to mention the confusion that was brought about by several "typos" in the original post for the contest.. see reddit for confirmation. The idea of motivation is to acknowledge accomplishments by those that are attempting the task while informing them that there are better rewards for larger accomplishments..When you jump to the default that if others get a trophy, that the rest of the gamers will become lazy, and only toss items into a room only shows me.. what you would do.. not everyone else..

Edited by CapinHands
no reason i just wanted to

1 hour ago, CapinHands said:

I think your view point is very callus, after all this is not a gymnastics class.. By your presented standard only those that sit in a dojo 18 hours a day decorating 100 rooms should even be considered. when others put in as much of their available time, as possible.. the criteria said " Winners will be selected based on creativity and quality of their Clan Dojo design! " to say those qualities don't exist in the other entries is ludicrous. Why you would assume that DE would have to work harder to do "judge entries" is beyond normal reasoning I'm sure..not to mention the confusion that was brought about by several "typos" in the original post for the contest.. see reddit for confirmation. The idea of motivation is to acknowledge accomplishments by those that are attempting the task while informing them that there are better rewards for larger accomplishments..When you jump to the default that if others get a trophy, that the rest of the gamers will become lazy, and only toss items into a room only shows me.. what you would do.. not everyone else..

You're playing a grind&collect mmo.  Devs say X for free Y, everyone and their mother does X and those only interested in the rewards do it the laziest&fastest way possible.

11 minutes ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

You're playing a grind&collect mmo.  Devs say X for free Y, everyone and their mother does X and those only interested in the rewards do it the laziest&fastest way possible.

By your example nobody does anything until the devs say go.. but many players have worked weeks even months on there entries before and never knowing such a contest would happen. Though we did learn how you participate in the community.. THE FACTS ARE during the contest the number of winners to be announced in the original post was changed from 5 per tier to 3 per tier, to reflect fewer place winners than many contestants were lead to believe. also fact there were 15 first place winners announced 4 hours after the thread was closed but took 24 hours to post the place winners..and as one clan leader has posted to me " I agree not doin anymore contest ". 

19 hours ago, CapinHands said:

By your example nobody does anything until the devs say go.. but many players have worked weeks even months on there entries before and never knowing such a contest would happen. Though we did learn how you participate in the community.. THE FACTS ARE during the contest the number of winners to be announced in the original post was changed from 5 per tier to 3 per tier, to reflect fewer place winners than many contestants were lead to believe. also fact there were 15 first place winners announced 4 hours after the thread was closed but took 24 hours to post the place winners..and as one clan leader has posted to me " I agree not doin anymore contest ". 

...Implying I am a bad person of some sort, and then describing what happened to some people who DID put effort into their dojos, are both totally unrelated to what I said.

If there were a prize to a contest that involved simply entering, just about everyone would enter.

Your OP does not come off in any way implying your intention is awarding people who participated in the last contest for feeling wronged.  If that was your primary problem, why does the OP sound more like begging for a participation trophy in general, completely failing to mention your reasoning here?...

Edited by KochDerFrettchen

This thread is not about you KochDerFrettchen.. but since you want it to be I gladly will appease you..

On 2018-10-20 at 11:15 AM, KochDerFrettchen said:

...Implying I am a bad person of some sort,

how you think my statement of observation,

On 2018-10-19 at 3:37 PM, CapinHands said:

Though we did learn how you participate in the community..

could imply anything other than what it actually states is a mistake on your part.. what i believe has happened is you INFER your conclusion from other evidence which was not stated.. so lets see where you got this "other evidence.. after looking at your POSTING HISTORY.  Your last 15 entries of your 504 post are ALL in direct contradiction of the original posters opinions or statements. From this history we can infer that a majority of your post are simply attempts to gain attention, gain rank in the forum, or to troll other members with concerns about the community or game dynamics. in all 15 examples, you make post with subject matter that is highly personalized, non-constructive and in all cases demeaning to the original poster.. very similar to what you have done on this thread. Now please be aware that your Posting History was created by you, not I. With saying that it's easy to see how you inferred that you are a bad person , not from my statement, but from your own conscience.

Your OP does not come off in any way implying your intention is awarding people who participated in the last contest for feeling wronged. 

Obviously you didn't read the entire post.

On 2018-10-19 at 12:46 PM, CapinHands said:

I personally seen several dojo entries that met up to the criteria of the contest just not on the scale as others.. some of the smallest works had great innovations, in item use and creativity.. it's mainly for this reason that I think, no clan that entered should be passed up and left to think that their creativity, is not recognized.

as for the last part of your reply.

If that was your primary problem, why does the OP sound more like begging for a participation trophy in general, completely failing to mention your reasoning here?...

as for the first part, I can only assume (since you provided no facts or collaborating statements) that your fragmented thought is to claim that (due to DE's mistakes in representing the contest were not listed in the OP)... Because the OP was an attempt to make DE aware of community members thoughts about their handling of the contest, without throwing shade at them about the whole situation. Which was a positive and constructive way of addressing the perceived mistakes.

As for the second part about my OP sounding more like begging..This is simply an old trolling tactic used in an attempt to trigger some emotional response from me.. LOL well good luck with that... You see I have operated a successful dojo for 4 years, a successful alliance for 3 years, a successful discord for 2 years, and literally give away hundreds in plat each month in community lotteries, request for help from new players about slots, skins and other needed items. An added note, my entry for the contest even states " the truth is we don't want a trophy to prove we are a great dojo, this we already know,. we want the map location so we can share our creation with others.". Did you have an entry KockDerFrettchen? well we will come back to that..

and of course at the end you state that i have failed to mention my reasoning here.. attempting to veil the whole thing as a question is just poor judgement on your part... again you failed to read

On 2018-10-19 at 3:37 PM, CapinHands said:

THE FACTS ARE during the contest the number of winners to be announced in the original post was changed from 5 per tier to 3 per tier, to reflect fewer place winners than many contestants were lead to believe. also fact there were 15 first place winners announced 4 hours after the thread was closed but took 24 hours to post the place winners..and as one clan leader has posted to me " I agree not doin anymore contest ". 

And of course the previous quote from the OP. 

now our next subject..You change your original argument after it was debunked, for a new argument that has already been debunked in this thread

If there were a prize to a contest that involved simply entering, just about everyone would enter.

The fact is it's hard to find any "contest" anywhere, that does not provide some sort of "Honorable Mention" in a beauty contest participants are give a miriad of gifts, momentoes and other keepsakes to mark the occasion and their participation, yet not very person enters these contest.. As a matter of fact it is such a social norm to offer participation rewards that even the stiff competition of racing offers lower ranked prizes and gifts to those that participate and yet everyone doesn't run the Boston Marathon. This is only a couple of example that I even feel like listing, there are literally 1000s of examples.

Now back to the question KockDerFrettchen did you enter the contest? the answer is no..did you help an entry in the contest enough to be mentioned publicly on any contest entry? the answer is NO. so I can't help but give you back some of your own advise.

On 2018-09-29 at 11:45 AM, KockDerFrettchen said:.Just don't post then.  Of what use is telling a person who has feedback on adding something that would be disruptive to no one, that they should suck it up and just not use the part of a system they have a suggestion on?

P.S. don't forget your coffee mug 5MCOB8f.jpg