Halloween Tactical Alerts

FlusteredFerret

Question

Okay, whats the deal here?

Just tried this and was sent to the map unarmed...none of my abilities worked and I'm killed in seconds by a pack of ghost Helminth Chargers.

Just WTF?

For starters, how are you meant to sabotage anything without weapons or abilities?

Edited by FlusteredFerret

9 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Didn't get that far...I was killed over 700m from the objective.

If thats what you need to do I can live without a pumpkin helmet. I can't control my jumping that well.

The helmet is available for 1 credit in your ARSENAL>APPEARANCE>ACCESSORIES there will be a new option in there similar to Nekros or Valkyr, the event only gives a sigil I think.

Thanks guys but I think I'll be giving this a miss.

Tried again in a squad - played as Limbo, thinking at least in the rift I'd be safe. Unfortunately you have to hack a console and I got mobbed by ghosts before I could do it. Squad mates were dying every few minutes. Turned into a real mess so I just quit.

Just not worth the effort IMO. With no weapons or abilities you simply die too quickly to be able to do anything. The ghosts just follow you and mob you relentlessly.

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

The pumpkin helmet is available for a credit from the marketplace, the tac alert is for a Day of the Dead Dread skin I believe.

The first alert gives you the helmet, the second one the skin. 

Skin would've been nice. Can definitely live without the helmet - I've seen it on other players.

Just a matter of good dodging (jumping around madly) and using ground slams for CC. Bringing a frame with Rejuvenation is a huge help, as both Auras and Warframe Passives still apply.

The only hard part is finding a squad that actually knows how to lure the Jug and stand near barrels, rather than dragging it into tight corners away from the only things that damage it...

No direct fighting is required, might actually be easier solo (I know it was for me).

I used Atlas for his CC immunity passive (Limbo should be better) and put a ton of armor/speed mods on him, Rejuvenation mod still works this year too (Its pretty amazing when you only have 50 HP).

Use the pumpkin bombs that are placed everywhere to kill mobs when you've got to get them off your back to collect power cells.

When at the boss: lure the Juggernaut into setting itself on fire by either ramming into a pumpkin bomb or ramming through one of the fire AoEs left by one.  (This is where its much easier solo)

When the Juggernaut is charging you either Block or Dodge Roll or Both, and you should take minor damage that should quickly heal up.

Edit:

And watch out for the Juggernaut's Green Gas clouds, in the Green Swamp, because its pretty much invisible with the Green map lighting and its instant death (killed me twice).

Just cleared the third mission with Limbo, he's really OP here.  Still need to be careful of the gas clouds though since they hit through the rift and the Toxin proc alone will kill him 3 times over.

Edited by Ailyene

I just did all of the stages solo. Key is just to dodge the ghosts and focus on the boss. Bullet jump,slam attacks and holding the block is crucial (I survived more than 100 times just beacuse I blocked). Also at the final stage RNG can be... let's just say tricky,cuz u need 666 points to get the award and first time the boss was just slaming the ground and my points went below the minimal line.

Hope I hepled you a little bit Tenno and may RNG be in your favour

2 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Just tried this and was sent to the map unarmed...none of my abilities worked and I'm killed in seconds by a pack of ghost Helminth Chargers.

Just WTF?

For starters, how are you meant to sabotage anything without weapons or abilities?

Use your melee fists .. search for the yellow icons in the field place the 2 container tubes into the ground .. open door .. go thru door bullet jump until you are on the right spot .. look for pumpkings that are stacked on top 3 pieces .. those can be smashed for an ring of fire that can harm the boss and every enemy around it

use the pumpkin against the boss and smack the life out of it .. but only if the boss is on fire .. try to lure the boss next to the stacked pumpkins and smash quickly to set the boss on fire

good luck tenno :thumbup::cool:

1 hour ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Thanks guys but I think I'll be giving this a miss.

Tried again in a squad - played as Limbo, thinking at least in the rift I'd be safe. Unfortunately you have to hack a console and I got mobbed by ghosts before I could do it. Squad mates were dying every few minutes. Turned into a real mess so I just quit.

Just not worth the effort IMO. With no weapons or abilities you simply die too quickly to be able to do anything. The ghosts just follow you and mob you relentlessly.

The first alert gives you the helmet, the second one the skin. 

Skin would've been nice. Can definitely live without the helmet - I've seen it on other players.

Ah, your thinking the sigil right? That should be the first reward, then the dread skin second; unless I am being confused again. I can understand being annoyed at it, but I think you will be able to clear it if you mess around some more with the mode. Not a fun experience in my book though, so I can understand giving it a breather.

Get Nidus, slap Rejuvenation on him. Then add Rolling Guard, Reflex Guard and Adaptation, since these mods DO work. That's it, you can facetank the entire thing easily. 

Add Lightning Dash to easily the trash mobs, and you're set.

Edited by Reifnir

7 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Sabotage? Does bullet jumping help destroy the things? It works on loot containers 

no, bullet jump won't work as yr frame won't have any mod on it/

you start with 100/100 shield health, and later missions only /50/50.

Don't waste your time fighting them, just stand next to a pumpkin and smash it with the enemies are around.

For the third part, timed mission, make sure you get quickly 2 power core to open the door, that's the secret to do it in 666 sec

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

13 hours ago, (XB1)Muff1nblazE said:

Use Inaros. He can revive himself with his passive.

Or use Khora because Venari will spawn and murder all the Ghosts for you. She will even eventually attack the boss.

Also use the Rejuvenation Aura because it will re-generate your health. If you have a team of four 1x Rejuvenation and 3 x Corrosive Projection will probably be a good choice because it should give you health regeneration and make the boss easier to kill.

Edited by (PS4)trontor
Be a little bit more polite

12 hours ago, Urlan said:

Ah, your thinking the sigil right? That should be the first reward, then the dread skin second; unless I am being confused again. I can understand being annoyed at it, but I think you will be able to clear it if you mess around some more with the mode. Not a fun experience in my book though, so I can understand giving it a breather.

Yep - first mission gives / gave the sigil. I need to learn to read! :laugh:

On 2018-10-19 at 10:32 PM, FlusteredFerret said:

Just WTF?

Smash the pumpkins when the enemies are around you to kill them

TO avoid dying, try using banshee, void dash to vanish yourself,