Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

First - realistic suggestion should be kept simple and close to what has been shown at Devstream. No need to overcomplicate abilities and stuff. Here are my suggestions for tweaking Garuda's powers.

My suggestions:

1 - Claws/Blood ball = Tap for claw attack, hold to throw the blood ball. No frontal shield. Additional claw attacks charge blood ball increasing its blast range and damage. Enemies affected by blood ball can be Spiked without energy cost.

2 - Spikes = Spiked enemies could be killed. When a spiked enemy dies, spike with the corpse remains for the rest of duration. There could be only one spike with living enemy and up to 5 spikes with corpses. Each corpsed spike, in addition to healing, boosts Garuda's passive multiplyer by 1 up to +600% damage with 5 corpsed spikes and zero health.

3 - Blood armor - Instead of giving energy it works like Iron skin, but with zero base armor and decaying with time. Can be recasted, nullifying current armor. Consumes Blood ball if Garuda have it, increasing invulnerability-charging time by 1 second per Blood ball power (number of Claw kills).

4 - Blades = Allows to cast other abilities during Ultimate at half cost. Left click for first power (with a damage boost), right click for spikes, middle button for Blood armor. Casting Blood armor stops ultimate.

The idea is to give Garuda more offensive potential to be able to compete with other frames (like Chroma), but also maintain some balance, preventing her from becoming a one-trick pony.

Blood armor would be great defensive tool, but harder to use than Iron skin or other barrier powers, as it would be more reactive. With armor decay and health cost, it would be impossible to stay at 2 hp all the time, making player to use Spikes or other means to heal for recast.

Allowing to cast powers during ultimate will give it mobility and won't lock out player from combat.

Gardua seems goofy and like whoever designed her didn't know what exactly they wanted to do so they did everything. 

When I saw that she could hurt herself to increase her damage I thought that was was going to be a risk/reward frame but she's not, she can just heal up 2 seconds later so the whole "hurt yourself" mechanic makes no sense. She can also protect herself with a shield after killing someone? How does that happen and why does the shield give her a ball to trow? Why isn't she more focused around her claws? 

Why not give her something new and interesting with those mechanics, instead of hurting herself she can taunt enemies onto her to damage her, it helps the team out and makes more sense than self harm. 

Maybe allow her to pull enemies in using her claws like harpoons and shred them to ribbons? 

As she is now she seems really all over the place with the synergy not making a lot of sense beyond being themed "Blood". Also, her name makes no sense with her theme. The only resemblance that I can see is that her claws sometimes resemble wings like displayed on some Garuda depictions. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Garuda_image_facing_Chennakeshava_temple_at_Belur_with_gopura_(entrance_tower)_in_the_background.jpg ) 

I don't mean to S#&$ on her design. It's a really interesting theme to follow. I just think it needs to be refined and focused a lot more. 

I like it first, second and third pretty cool fourth hmm revenant design well done has the gore like they said her kit flows just re-think the fourth and where golden

The main thing is controlling the health with her even though you can heal yourself she can still die 

The ball keep it but change the time delay or replace it with claws 

Edited by (PS4)TitaniumSkillz07
Add on

So I thought especielly her 4 was extremely underwhelming so I began thinking about how I think it can be made alot more fun.

1. Mobility skill first hand, maybe a bit like Rhinos 1 but more precise, deals some damage, Increase speed for every enemy hit withing a certain duration. For every stack of "speed" you build up an energy reserve and you get that energy back either when the timer runs out for the speed buff or when pressing and holding down 1 or something like that.

2. Works pretty much like they said EXCEPT if you hit the enemy impaled with your 4 it will turn into an AoE DOT that give you extra healing per enemy hit.

3. Applies an aura that gives damage reduction based on number of enemies close to Garuda

4. An AoE blade spin attack that hits everything in a 360 degree radius around you, REALLY fast. It applies another AOE DoT that stacks damage the more enemies you hit and applies a selfbleed that increases your damage over time as well. So 2 damage buffs, one from the passiove and one from the dot. But if you first use your 2 and hit it with your 4 you will recieve healing instead of extra damage and then get health back if you are running too low.

I think this could be a crazy fast melee focused frame with these abilities, you can jump around being extremly fast and mobile with your 1 and at the same time get energy back.

Get healing back from your 2 either by staying stationary or with the synergy of your 4.

ANd you can build up your 4 for some crazy amounts of damage if you risk running out of health.

And you also have your 3 to keep you alive a bit longer, If anyone has a better idea for what the 3 could be then please give it.

i would love to see that she goes in a rampage mode with her 4, her blades in the arm attacks nearby enemys, her 1 is free to use and goes down to 1 hp for maximum damage. In her 4 she collect blood from her enemys to fill her hp up to the maximum when she goes out of her 4. Her 3 should also be an AOE, she lowers her hp and give all enemys in a 15m radius? a debuff to the hp or armor too.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around why they decided to name it Garuda.

Most other mytholigically inspired frames look right, Garuda just doesnt. Or did they look at the SquareEnix Garuda and thought that was true to the myths?

They could have just gone with a name of their own, like Raptor or something.

Edited by SneakyErvin

I loved how Garuda looks and her design overall, but I have a problem with how her claws, or blades, were implemented....or lack of it. She has gigantic claws, but these are barely used. So, I'd suggest two things for now.

1 - Her 2nd would keep the enemy impaled on her claws, rather than the ground. Though I could see the enemy blocking the vision.

2 - Make her claws a secondary melee weapon, used in quick melee complete with combos and everything, giving you the ability to have two melee weapons for different purposes. Her claws would also have the passive ability of draining life from biological enemies.

My only issue is her 3. It needs to grant damage resistance.

Her 1 had me asking questions..

Is it an insta kill move?

Does the target have to die in order to get the shield? Pretty sure that's already been answered, but I can't remember.

If the target has die, than I could see this move falling off in late game when enemy scaling becomes in issue.

Other than that though, I like what I saw.

Visuals 10/10

Usefulness 3/10, just a female revenant. Really meh. If she was a melee frame and had melee exalted weapons as her 4 she woulsn't be so boring. The only use I can see for her for now is sitting in the arsenal looking pretty.

Make garuda's 4 some sort of synergy for her kit (1-2-3)

She throws her claw things around her to mark an area (she is the center), any enemies that comes in that area are bleeded for a few seconds (maybe duration will increase the bleed duration) and receives increased damage from slash that comes from her. its like making a kill box for her.

also, if an enemy is inside the said area,
--her 1 refunds half of the energy if used and increases the damage by X%
---her 2 will have a bigger range and heals any friendlies around it
----her 3 will now fear enemies ( so that she wont get one shotted after she drains her health)

this way. she can be useful for the team and not just become a one trick pony (again) with her 4

7 hours ago, Phyrak said:

Targeted skewering sure could be an interesting way to work it - perhaps have range to her 1 when doing so?

Throw a spear through a foe?

Indeed, or thread each one thats hit... At the end, pull them all together and string them up into a gore tree that debuffs nearby enemies.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

4 hours ago, Maryph said:

And while you use your two to recover from your three, the passive is lost, bad synergy there.

So you'll mutilate yourself in order to deal more damage and heal straight after in order to lose the damage ?

Yeah, her passive needs to be different. Maybe more damage the longer you’re damaging an enemy.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Indeed, or thread each one thats hit... At the end, pull them all together and string them up into a gore tree that debuffs nearby enemies.

The threading animation could be interesting - Yondu of Guardians of the Galaxy with extra visceral gore

I think it would be better in this way:

Passive: Nothing to change.

1st ability: Garuda dash and fork a enemy onto her claw as a shield, shield health is determined by ability strength and Garuda's EHP.
After forked her enemy, Garuda can slam it on the ground, dealing damage to nearby enemy, base on how much the meat shield health loss.

2nd ability: Remains what we saw on the dev stream and benefit to all squad members. Regeneration rate variate with ability strength and duration. Faster regen, faster blood bleed.

The area can be a blood pool for more visual effects.

3rd ability: Nothing to change.

4th ability: This is way different then what I am expected. What we saw in the dev stream is just another revenant and mesa ult.

Since Garuda is a Blood mage/ fighter type of warframe, I suggested a prototype alike ultimate. 

Garuda pin all of her claw blades into her body. This cause Garuda to charge up the blades with her own blood. After few second, she can launch them outward for a range/until it hit a wall and pierce though enemies that it kills, and pin them on walls.(somewhat like boltor mechanic) Then retract all blades back onto Garuda, gaining health orb if the blade catches any.

During charge up, Garuda is unmovable, loss health and transfer it as damage for the ultimate. This synergies with Garuda's passive which makes the ultimate extremely powerful. With high energy cost, this cause Garuda player utilize their other ability more frequently.

If the visual effects could be more bloody it would be way better and satisfy to use.

5 minutes ago, oOJxKOo said:

I think it would be better in this way:

Passive: Nothing to change.

1st ability: Garuda dash and fork a enemy onto her claw as a shield, shield health is determined by ability strength and Garuda's EHP.
After forked her enemy, Garuda can slam it on the ground, dealing damage to nearby enemy, base on how much the meat shield health loss.

2nd ability: Remains what we saw on the dev stream and benefit to all squad members. Regeneration rate variate with ability strength and duration. Faster regen, faster blood bleed.

The area can be a blood pool for more visual effects.

3rd ability: Nothing to change.

4th ability: This is way different then what I am expected. What we saw in the dev stream is just another revenant and mesa ult.

Since Garuda is a Blood mage/ fighter type of warframe, I suggested a prototype alike ultimate. 

Garuda pin all of her claw blades into her body. This cause Garuda to charge up the blades with her own blood. After few second, she can launch them outward for a range/until it hit a wall and pierce though enemies that it kills, and pin them on walls.(somewhat like boltor mechanic) Then retract all blades back onto Garuda, gaining health orb if the blade catches any.

During charge up, Garuda is unmovable, loss health and transfer it as damage for the ultimate. This synergies with Garuda's passive which makes the ultimate extremely powerful. With high energy cost, this cause Garuda player utilize their other ability more frequently.

If the visual effects could be more bloody it would be way better and satisfy to use.

As I stated before, there could be an added panic effect for the blood letting abilities, but other then that: Perfect.

if i were to suggest --

1st skill - dash, stab and slice an enemy into multiple pieces, if enemy doesnt die with it, it will be marked with blood and will bleed to death

- enemies marked with blood will be insta-killed

- sliced pieces of marked enemies will explode dealing aoe dmg

- gain increased armor (equal or sort of) with the damage dealt on marked enemies killed

2nd skill - throw a 'blood ball' into any target/surface that explodes and surrounds everyone even Garuda herself with blood (duration-based)

(since you love charging skills, charging this skill will make the blood ball bigger, ala Diablos' FF8 Gravija skill animation)

- enemies with 'blood' will have their armors negated, damage recieved will be increased

3rd skill - would stay the same, eat HP to gain energy, and splatter blood allover her body

4th - shoots out the knives allover her body, impaling enemies in an area

- each impaled enemy will have its life drained towards Garuda

- during this ult's activation, Garuda will have an aoe effect of life regen towards allies while near each impaled enemy

passive -- blood thirst

- lower HP, higher damage 
OR
- enemies marked with blood or bleeding near Garuda will give her a boost in movespeed/attackspeed, making her more focused on the melee side

Edited by BeeWhyOhBee

My primary concern with Garuda is that they have taken Synergies and pushed them into Dependencies. 

The other issue is that any frame that can heal the squad (traditionally something everybody wants) can totally bork Garuda. Heck anyone who actually carries the Health Pizzas can just shut down a Garuda, so while the low health thing is an interesting angle... it doesn't seem like it's a practical angle when the bulk of the game is crying for healing and you are the ONE frame that's all "Stop heckin healing me" 

I like garudas abilties but i feel like her 3 doesnt do much i feel like its missing "something" and her 4 is kind of underwhelming for an ult mabey have it to where she can hold the button and send out a stream of blades that return back to her with blood on them to add to her blood orb or something

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

it doesn't seem like it's a practical angle when the bulk of the game is crying for healing and you are the ONE frame that's all "Stop heckin healing me" 

Not just Garuda, Chroma too since his way of increasing damage is taking health damage so Trinity and Harrow won’t work well for him.

1 minute ago, VPrime96 said:

Not just Garuda, Chroma too since his way of increasing damage is taking health damage so Trinity and Harrow won’t work well for him.

I thought Chroma just needed the initial self damage hit and it didn't really matter after that if you kept the HP off. Tho I don't regularly play Chroma so I could very well be entirely wrong on that.

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

I thought Chroma just needed the initial self damage hit and it didn't really matter after that if you kept the HP off. Tho I don't regularly play Chroma so I could very well be entirely wrong on that.

When you activate Vex Armor right at the start, you have to take Shield and Health damage until you are fully buffed. Problem with that is if a Trinity is in your Squad, you would struggle more with getting his Damage buff and if a Harrow makes you Invincible, you can’t make yourself have the damage and Armor buff if your Vex armor wasn’t charged up. Garuda might have more Synergy with Harrow because she could damage her own health and gain it back while Harrow makes her Invincible so gaining her health back becomes easier. But Trinity, yeah she won’t work well.

13 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

When you activate Vex Armor right at the start, you have to take Shield and Health damage until you are fully buffed. Problem with that is if a Trinity is in your Squad, you would struggle more with getting his Damage buff and if a Harrow makes you Invincible, you can’t make yourself have the damage and Armor buff if your Vex armor wasn’t charged up. Garuda might have more Synergy with Harrow because she could damage her own health and gain it back while Harrow makes her Invincible so gaining her health back becomes easier. But Trinity, yeah she won’t work well.

Easy fix, give the passive a slow decay, even if healed...