Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

What if we go with rule of cool for her Ultimate?

Silly idea - when Ultimate toggled her wing-blades start slowly flying around and grab enemies in close range. Instead of just damaging them wing-blade suspend enemies in air behind Garuda in a peacock tail fashion. Suspended victims draws enemy fire and as long as Garuda's tail have suspended enemies she have strong damage reduction shield.

When Ultimate deactivated suspended enemies are thrown forward.

Edited by Erl-King

Yo! 

So after watching the recent dev stream and seeing Garuda's ability I was instantly amazed by her synergy and fun abilitys, but when it came down to her 4th one it seemed kind of lackluster. In my opinion it seems way too smiliar to revenant's 4th ability which by it self is a bad design over all but that's not the point, the point is there's no skill involved in pressing one button and killing everyone. Now I know there are frames like that like equinox and Valkyr but Equinox needs to gather damage before release + it's a heal. Valkyr gets into a hysteic mode which you play as unlike Chroma which just stands there doing nothing... and I don't want Garuda to be like Chroma where you don't get to do much other than stare at cool S#&$, there needs to be some kind of skill and reward factor going on and it's kind of problem with a lot of warframe, where the ultimate ability is so strong so why use the others?

I'm going to leave some suggestion here as an example to how it should work in my opinion:

1st: Garuda sends her blades out and percies enemies around her ( kind of like radial javlin) losing her shields but healing by the amount of damage dealt to the enemy's, the spears do more damage the more health the enemys have. Health gained can be used to heal Garuda or be charged into her 2nd ablility to impower it's damage and range - Deals more damage the lower the enemy's health is.

This vesion will be able to heal garuda while in danger or choose to deal massive aoe aoe damage, I think this skill will be the diffrence between good and ok garuda players.

2nd: Garuda dashes (Doesnt need a target) slicing through enemy's dealing more damage the lower the hp of the enemy is, if she kills the enemy she collects their blood. blood gained can impower Garuda's next ability to do more damage.

This one is way more simple but still has some things to give her that gore ninja feel + she is way more moblie.

1 minute ago, Dis_conected said:

i say make her forth an exalted fan she crosses her arms fusing the blades into a single large fan

Fan or tonfa... hey, now I know what melee weapon I will run with her! Venkas would have looked awkward anyways... 😉

From what i saw, i like her 1,2, and 3 abilities.  I can see myself trolled by Healers though so thats a neg.

Her 4 is meh seems to similiar to revenant. I think it would be cool if she had a meter.This meter would incrase her dmg output. Her 1, 2, 3 could increase the meter by collecting blood from her enemies.

Her 4 could be changed to something like a sword storm. Like swords raining from the sky with clouds of blood similiar to hydrolyst abilty. This ability could proc slash, and maybe corrosive. To use this ablity it drains the Sanguine Meter like Nidus ult. Enemies killed from the Blood Rain could increase max health for a ceratin duration and increase health regen while in the range of the rain.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

From what i saw, i like her 1,2, and 3 abilities.  I can see myself trolled by Healers though so thats a neg.

Her 4 is meh seems to similiar to revenant. I think it would be cool if she had a meter.This meter would incrase her dmg output. Her 1, 2, 3 could increase the meter by collecting blood from her enemies.

Her 4 could be changed to something like a sword storm. Like swords raining from the sky with clouds of blood similiar to hydrolyst abilty. This ability could proc slash, and maybe corrosive. To use this ablity it drains the Sanguine Meter like Nidus ult. Enemies killed from the Blood Rain could increase max health for a ceratin duration and increase health regen while in the range of the rain.

Uh uh, I got another one...

1st activate: Mark up to eight enemies.

2nd activate: Shoot blades, impaling marked targets, proccing bleed on them (as long as in range and not obscured).

3rd activate: Glide from one to the another, eviscerating them, releasing a blood cloud that panics enemies in range, while retrieving the blades.

Would be the first three phase ulti, as far as I know...if that doesn't work, just make 2-3 and pick random targets.

Edited by WarBaby2

il y a 7 minutes, (PS4)Elixz8247 a dit :

Don't worry, you'll be able to troll yourself

They are releasing another solo frame, just like rev.
But most of the content is funnier with 4 people, I don't really know why they're doing this ?

There's a few similarities with Rev's 4, but Garuda's 4 seems like an inferior version of Gara's 2 to me. Although I don't know the exact details, they both seem limited by range. However, Gara's 2 has the effect of reducing incoming damage, while it doesn't seem that Garuda's 4 makes you invincible or reduces damage. But with Gara's 2 I can still use normal movement and my weapons, whereas I can't do any of that with Garuda's 4. However, the one advantage that Garuda's 4 has over Gara's 2 is that it probably has a slightly longer range, and it does suck enemies into the blades, but it probably doesn't scale infinitely either.

Edited by (PS4)JohnnyPersia

I was just about to open a thread with a suggestion of my own, but I don't want to open a thread that will just be merged with another that have the same subject. Hope you don't mind me suggesting here my idea for her 4.

My biggest disappointment with Garuda was that she barely even use these claws. We saw her use them for her 1, but nothing more. I didn't have any expectations for her abilities, I didn't expect her to have an ability similar to Valkyr's Hysteria, but at the very least I expected her to use the claws she have.

I think DE didn't want another exalted weapon that is also similar to another ability, it isn't original and I don't want it either, but I have a suggestion to give her an exalted weapon and make it original:
Instead of a new claw stance, she can use the claws more like Peacemaker / Razorwing, as a gun. She can move while this ability is active.
By pressing the fire key, she luanchs fractions of her claws rappidly, like an auto weapon. It will be a toggle ability that use her health instead of energy, every shot use a small amount of her health to synergize with her passive (less health = more damage), every time she deal damage she heal a small amount of her health back, every kill she get she heal even more.
Blocking while targeting an enemy will grab the enemy with the claws and drag him towards Garuda for a gory finisher, like a grapling hook.
Casting time of all the rest of her abilities increase by about 20% while her 4 is active.

Garuda 4th is similar to Revenant 4th but if we can move like normal ( bullet jumps roll sprint) while this active ill be happy......    i dont want this frame to have a slow 4th when she can leap every where and cut every thing in half :)      but i cant wait to try this bloody frame (i always like thing like blood mage) 

From having seen Garuda in the dev stream:

• Passive: looks perfect for her theme, and also sounds like it will make for some very interesting gameplay.
  • 1: There are a ton of cool effects, i.e. the gory leap-slash, the blood shield, and the chargeable blood orb, but putting all of these effects on the same ability feels a bit much. Just the leap attack, followed by a blood shield on kill, would already make for one of the most complex 1 abilities in the game, though it would generate some really cool plays in the process.
  • 2: Visually, this ability is awesome. Impaling an enemy and sucking out their blood is exactly what one would want from a blood-based warframe. However, I fear the ability may suffer in the game's current state: a single-target CC ability isn't all that great in itself, and neither is persistent healing over time on its own either, particularly if it forces the player to stay in a restricted area to benefit from it. On top of that, though, the ability renders its victims immune to damage from other sources, which risks making it frustrating in group play and in faster-paced missions, rather than the leisurely, singleplayer Star Chart stroll we got in the dev stream. I feel a simple-ish fix would be to remove the target invulnerability, but have damage against them contribute a proportionate amount of blood drain, so that you could attack the target to get more healing in one go (this, in turn, could add more internal synergy to the kit).
  • 3: The core effect, i.e. self-damage, is interesting, but otherwise the ability feels really bare-bones. Is it just self-damage and an energy restore? In the current state of the game, where it's incredibly easy to get Energy or ignore Energy constraints, if this is the ability's sole purpose, it may never get used. Because this feels like such a one-note ability (from first impressions anyway), and because the 1 feels so complex, it might perhaps be better if the blood orb mechanic got shifted here, so that Garuda could draw her own blood to form a deadly orb.
  • 4: At this point I feel pretty much everyone's mentioned how similar this ability looks to Revenant's own 4. It's a press-4-to-win ability that puts Garuda at the center of a deadly damage storm, and while this looks to have some differences from Danse Macabre (the radius looks shorter and it seems like there's an enemy vacuum effect going on), the simple fact that Garuda is the new frame being released directly after Revenant invites a lot of unfavorable comparisons. Besides the similarities to a previous frame's ability, it also doesn't really feel like what players are wanting from a blood frame's ultimate. Personally, I think there are many more interesting ultimate abilities one can come up for a blood theme, and what saddens me is that DE probably doesn't have the time now to look for a different iteration, what with Fortuna being so close. 

So overall, super cool theme, lots of potential for fun, unique and interesting gameplay, but also some pretty significant concerns regarding a couple of Garuda's abilities: she definitely fulfils her blood theme overall, but parts of her kit feel ill-suited for faster-paced play and a current game with nonexistent Energy restrictions, and her 4 just feels like Danse Macabre v2. If DE has the time to do some work on her, I'd recommend tweaking her 2 with the above recommendation, and shifting the blood orb mechanic from her 1 to her 3, which could even out her kit. I think she may need a new 4 entirely, ideally something else involving her suspended blades, but I don't know if DE are allowing themselves to do work of that scope at this stage.

Edited by Teridax68

Garuda looks amazing but i didn't quite like her first and forth ability, so i was thinking how they could be better without being changed much.

first ability: i was thinking about a blood flow rotating around Garuda instead of a shield in front of her , then she could make an orb out of the blood flow and throw it.

forth ability:same ability but with an elegant walking animation instead of flying .

Was kinda hoping her 4th would be some kind of high mobility blade dance move.

Just having blades spin around while you are locked into a slow animation isnt very cool........

She defiitelly could use her arm blades more. I mean, she uses them only for the first ability?

Edited by -skimmer-

30 minutes ago, Maryph said:

Don't worry, you'll be able to troll yourself

They are releasing another solo frame, just like rev.
But most of the content is funnier with 4 people, I don't really know why they're doing this ?

Pablo created Harrow and reworked Saryn and you can guess what they have in common with Garuda.

48 minutes ago, WarBaby2 said:

Uh uh, I got another one...

1st activate: Mark up to eight enemies.

2nd activate: Shoot blades, impaling marked targets, proccing bleed on them (as long as in range and not obscured).

3rd activate: Glide from one to the another, eviscerating them, releasing a blood cloud that panics enemies in range, while retrieving the blades.

Would be the first three phase ulti, as far as I know...if that doesn't work, just make 2-3 and pick random targets.

so basically you separated ash ulti and fatal teleport into 3 skills

mark - shoot clones and applies bleed - join the clones, and with a dash of omni slash of cloud from final fantasy.

45 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

I feel a simple-ish fix would be to remove the target invulnerability, but have damage against them contribute a proportionate amount of blood drain, so that you could attack the target to get more healing in one go (this, in turn, could add more internal synergy to the kit).

so. uh, you just created another well of life from trinity

16 minutes ago, Xeryla said:

so basically you separated ash ulti and fatal teleport into 3 skills

mark - shoot clones and applies bleed - join the clones, and with a dash of omni slash of cloud from final fantasy.

One, not three, it's a 3 click ultimate... but yea, pretty much. Still more innovative than a recolored Revenant disco laser with a pull... but hey, I'd also take a movement restriction removal from her current ultimate, then we can jump into enemies ourselves. 😉

Edited by WarBaby2

I absolutely love Garuda. I am more of an outlier... playing Melee Ember. A dignified goddes of fire and destruction, so Naturally i want Garuda to look bloody and "Majestic" (also my ember skin) in her slaughter...
But...Garudas 4 does not look dignified or elegant. Not because of blade storm but because of posture she is in when it is active....

She looks like a lowly dirt poor thug on the side alley who is trying to look way more important than she is... Her 4 makes her look cheap.

Please please make her look like a goddess of destruction and not an eastside gang pawn...

18 minutes ago, Xeryla said:

so. uh, you just created another well of life from trinity

With some meaningful variations, but yes, the life steal on enemy would be similar. I would rather have a functional ability that's similar to another than one that still provides a similar effect (the core effect is suspension CC + healing from that enemy), but is less functional.

6 minutes ago, Dariel77Angel said:

I absolutely love Garuda. I am more of an outlier... playing Melee Ember. A dignified goddes of fire and destruction, so Naturally i want Garuda to look bloody and "Majestic" (also my ember skin) in her slaughter...
But...Garudas 4 does not look dignified or elegant. Not because of blade storm but because of posture she is in when it is active....

She looks like a lowly dirt poor thug on the side alley who is trying to look way more important than she is... Her 4 makes her look cheap.

Please please make her look like a goddess of destruction and not an eastside gang pawn...

It could be worse... she could shout profanities in a cockney accent. 😉

Seriously, though, my thoughts exactly...at least remove the movement restrictions and give her a targeted leap while the blades are active.