Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

Just now, ShikiRen said:

Yes, but let me tell you a secret: As long as there are frames that are balanced as such, people will just play those, as they ALSO do better at low levels.Besides I'm talking lvl 70 content hee, she becomes terrible way before even sorties, which should be the standard at this point.

Oh, you already played with Garuda ? Tell me then, how much damage do her spell deals ?

How much armor does she have ? 

Thanks for the information !

Just now, Stoner said:

She looked pretty awesome to me. How about we wait til we have her to draw a conclusion on her abilities? Also, they did say this was still WIP.

I agree with this. The Devs would never use the same PlayStyle we normally use when they show a Frame that's currently getting worked on and being new so the best way we can give a Opinion is testing her.

Just now, ShikiRen said:

Also...extremely fine? She literally has an ability that halves her hp for some energy, 0 other benefits. Which is really terrible when lvl 40 Napalms or scorches can burn down 1k hp/shield in 2 seconds.

You know you can block yourself with a Shield and gain your health back to full at the same time. She won't be a Frame like Titania where you press one button and be fine.

3 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Most players will never experiment past level 30 stuff, that's where the Warframe shall be fun to play. Stick with Ivara if you want to do Mot 20 hours, nobody really cares tbh.

Kuva fortress, sedna and sorties start above level 30 (and quite a bunch of other activities)

We don't need another frame that can't even compete on entrance level end game, most of the old ones already fit that role

I really liked her abilities. I have been wanting a health sacrifice mechanic for a while and she now has it. My only gripe is that I expected her to be a Melee frame, but her heal/health drain ability kinda makes you a sitting duck so you're down to shooting unless enemies are coming to you.

Overall, I like her. I don't like her 4 though. Looks a lot like Revenant's 4.

Edited by Jarriaga

I will agree on her ult, it looks boring.

I wanted her to use he claws more. She's using them with her 1, but it seems like thats it. Having her use the claws like Valkyr's Hysteria is unoriginal so we will stay away from this option.

All I want from her is more use for her claws and a fun looking ult.

I can live with the rest of her abilities and they look awsome to me. I like that blood orb too.

Edited by FrostedMike

3 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Kuva fortress, sedna and sorties start above level 30 (and quite a bunch of other activities)

We don't need another frame that can't even compete on entrance level end game, most of the old ones already fit that role

Most players will still never get on Kuva Fortress level, though.

But I see that hyperbolic language is never understood on forums : a huge chunk of players will never go over the C Rotation of any Endless mission, thus the max level they'll ever encounter is lvl 100 in Sorties, once a day on a specific mission you don't gain anything to do more than once.

Edited by Chewarette

1 minute ago, FrostedMike said:

I will agree on her ult, it looks boring.

I wanted her to use he claws more. She's using them with her 1, but it seems like thats it. Having her use the claws like Valkyr's Hysteria is unoriginal so we will stay away from this option.

All I want from her is more use for her claws and a fun looking ult.

imo she could use them as a ranged weapon instead of a melee weapon to separate herself from valkyr

Will only agree on her ult looking lackluser.

But the rest of her kit is OUTSTANDING!!!

She extremely self reliant without the need for other frames to support her for survivalibity and energy management its all you the player her first 3 abilities synergise well together.

8/10 from first look if the change her 4 to something more interactive 10/10 would use her as one of my tanks.

THIS is what I expect to happen when you have floating swords. I never played the gave. But I know the class from vids like this when it was up for a western release.

That + the blood and gore of garuda? that would be epic. and be within her elegant theme opposed to valkyr her rage.

Have garuda wield one of the blades while the rest flurry at the target you attack.

(also its blade and soul so naturally, boobs in the thumbnail...)(be warned I guess)

Spoiler

I think we already have many channeling skills, it would be better a skill that when you use shoot blades in all directions with punch through and cause slash proc / damage like this:

latest?cb=20150406202659

Channeling skill on Garuda is a bad idea, it's an action-themed frame, and this channeling skill would make your game boring.

Also, the particles of the current 4 are too high, you go blind if you do not use dark energy colors.

Edited by Peter

Her 4 feels really similar to Inaros/Revenant, hopefully they can change it up. 

Perhaps it starts with a low radius high damage around self and her dash ability gains extra distance and damage during channel (can make large leaps while channeled).

As enemies die their body melts into bloody goop that then forms blood swords that are far more mobile and radius driven (ai swords that cyclone around her when no enemies are nearby, fly to nearby targets if there are any - distance/speed traveled can be affected by range mods).

If you hold left click while channeling (attack) the swords will fly to the target direction and deal increased damage (but it's a focused attack and distracts the swords from auto AI'ing nearby enemies). If you press E while channeling the swords will loosely gather in front/around Garuda and she has a series of large cleaving animations (big sweeps made up of many swords, well many if you have many out.. could just be one).

The swords last a certain amount of time (so they can exist outside of 4 channel) but each time she self mutilates the % amount of health lost translates into a small bonus to their duration.

Would like to see Steve's suggestion that her bonus damage buff blood effect is based on %.

Also I think it could be cool, but perhaps a bit time consuming, that each enemy group has a sort of essence that Garuda uses so that you don't have machines dripping blood. For example she impales a moa and it starts leaking out a blue battery acid (or oil, or whatever), meanwhile Eidolons could be a weird whispy effect.

These effects could translate to her skills too, so that the sword in 4 would be different (like a whispy sword of eidolon like damage style). Again maybe too much effort on that part, but it was a bit weird to see bloody machines lol.

Edited by bbwb

4 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

imo she could use them as a ranged weapon instead of a melee weapon to separate herself from valkyr

Thats an option. DE stated that Valkyr is more wild and agressive while Garuda is mor ellegant with her abilities, a berserker vs a blood mage. It seems fit for Garuda to be a mid-close ranged fighter rather than using her for close combat. I think shooting those claws out on enemies will be cool, and maybe even pulling enemies to you for a gory finisher.

Garuda have these giant claws which she barly even use, I expected her to at least use them.