Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

I think she is an interesting frame, but a bit lack luster. I think her still using energy feels really off. I wanted to try a swing at how I think a warframe all about blood could work if they used health instead of energy, but instead of getting rid of the energy bar, what if it became something else? Like a blood bar. So I came up with this idea:

Passive:

All of Garuda's abilities cost health. Her energy bar is used to show how much stored blood she has. Garuda stores blood as she damages enemies at a low rate, and a fraction of enemies total health when they die within 30m of her. This empowers all of her abilities.

First ability - Culling:

Garuda swipes her hand forward with her blades spraying 15% of her stored blood at deadly speeds that will damage enemies. Enemies close enough to Garuda take double damage (from being hit with both blood and blades). Enemies give double the amount of blood to Garuda from being damaged or killed by this ability. Holding this ability down allows Garuda to rapidly increase the amount of blood she uses.

Second ability - Eternal life:

Garuda begins siphoning the blood from her blades into herself causing herself to heal, if she reaches maximum health she will begin to overheal herself. Every 7 health over her maximum gives her a 1% damage buff. Garuda is able to have up to 300% maximum health. (Dev stream shows 963 health, so 2,889 with just vitality). Overhealth has double the armor. However, it rapidly deplenishes. This ability costs nothing

Third ability - Sacrifical protection & Piercing death:

Garuda ravages herself to gain a shield. She loses 30% of her maximum health (This does not count overhealth, If she has 1500 health currently, her maximum is 963 so she only uses loses 289 health). This shield is directional and absords all damage. This ability can be reactivated to convert the shield into a spear. Dealing damage based on how much damage the shield has absorbed, and how much duration was left. Garuda will throw the spear in the direction she is looking piercing all enemies it hits. If enemies die to this the spear damage will increase. Bodies are dragged along if they die.

Fourth ability - Engulfing blades:

Garuda mutilates herself and drops to critical health (1 health) and goes invulnerable. All of her health goes into her stored blood. She rips all of her blades out of herself and begins spinning them around her dealing damage to all enemies for a duration based on how much health she has. Each enemy that dies gives 3x blood. At the end of the ability she absorbs all of the blood and heals herself and then becomes vulnerable. This overheal does not have a cap. You have full control during this but lose access to Eternal life and Sacrifical protection.

In essence, throw everything out, except her model. At that point... this is an entirely new frame.

17 minutes ago, -Akemi- said:

I think her still using energy feels really off.

I want a 4D frame that can only be played by neutrinos passing through your computer and their abilities are fueled by you, the player's, sanity.

Hmm.. really interesting take on her. I like the whole using blood/life instead of energy and the 4th ability. Not a fan of the first one tho.

17 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

In essence, throw everything out, except her model. At that point... this is an entirely new frame.

I don't think its throwing everything out. His ideas still fit the gore-esque theme using blood as energy and her blades.

If I could change up Garuda before her release, this is what I would do.

This isn't meant to be a diss or anything to the people who actually made Garuda, it's just an idea or maybe even a recommendation.

Feel free to post your own ideas about this awesome looking warframe.

Garuda

1st ability -

pounces in a chosen direction latching onto an enemy near the point of impact and slashing them reducing armor and dealing damage.

can be used on a blood spired enemy to deal extra damage in a circle around the spire also applying the armor shred.

power strength will affect this ability's damage and shred, while range will increase the distance of each leap.

2nd ability -

sacrifice 25% of your health to gain shields and a stack of your passive giving 25% additional damage with a maximum of 4 stacks.

stacks slowly decay at a rate affected by duration.

3rd ability -

impale an enemy on a blood spire, immobilizing them and briefly pulling in surrounding enemies.

if an enemy dies while on the spire, the energy cost of this ability is refunded.

range affects both the pull radius and cast range of this ability

4th ability -

sacrifice all of your stacks to create a red, slashing cyclone, dealing damage to nearby enemies and healing you based on damage dealt. damage and duration increases based on number of stacks used.

while active, garuda would gain bonuses as if she were at 1 hp.

passive -

garuda gains increased armor and movement speed as her health decreases

1 minute ago, Stoner said:

Hmm.. really interesting take on her. I like the whole using blood/life instead of energy and the 4th ability. Not a fan of the first one tho.

I don't think its throwing everything out. His ideas still fit the gore-esque theme using blood as energy and her blades.

No, I mean Garuda is supposedly close to being released and OP has changed every single ability and given them new animations and VFX. Plus an entirely new mechanic not used anywhere else in the game subbing for an existing system.

Garuda isn't some concept TBD release. Changes can be made, but not literally throwing out all the existing work done on her.

Garuda |
Passive :  OK.  ... [+] { negative status effects do not affect Garuda, while she is on LOW LIFE ( <  5% )} would be great.

1st ability: Do NOT summon a bone-shield.  [+] Has [high]  (?)% chance to apply bleeding on hit. [++] Grants 1 stack of "Rage" on hit.

2nd ability: OK

4th ability  |Ultimate Ability| {current floating pose\animation looks really awkward }
Garuda instantly enters a state of "BloodRage".
 While "BloodRage" is active, Garuda summons (?) projectiles(blood\blades) per second;
  summoned projectiles auto-target random enemies in a 180° cone with a radius of (?/?/?/~25) meters;
  summoned projectiles automatically launch themselves in sequence [one at a time] with a delay of (?) milliseconds;
  summoned projectiles has a low ?% chance to apply Bleed status effect on hit;
  summoned projectiles deal damage to enemies on hit.
Summoned projectiles levitate(float) near Garuda until being launched at enemies.
Garuda can have up to a maximum of (10) projectiles levitating near her at a time.
Summoned projectile disappear after hitting an enemy or any other object\surface.
While "BloodRage" is active, 
  each summoned projectile will have a 100% chance to grant Garuda (1) stack of "Rage" on hit, if the enemy is NOT killed by this projectile;
  each summoned projectile has a low ?% chance to grant Garuda 1 stack of "Rage" on hit.
Garuda loses all "Rage" stacks a few seconds after deactivating this ability.
For (10) stacks of "Rage" you get: 

•  summoning speed is increased by (?)% ;
  •  launch delay is reduced by (flat)(?), ( has a minimum delay); 
  •  maximum of projectiles is increased by (?) up to maximum of (+10);
  •  Energy Drain per second is increased by (?).

Each floating {levitating near Garuda} projectile grants you (3%) damage reduction.([30% for 10p, 60% for 20p during Rage, 90% for 30p (200% Strength) ])
Summoned projectiles DO NOT launch themselves at enemies during her (some) other ability's casting animations (+- 1sec).
{ // in case you want to stop shooting and get some damage reduction } 
Projectiles auto-target priority: Higher priority will be given to enemies within close range, that have not been hit by this ability recently.

While "BloodRage" is active, you may HOLD ultimate ability button [default 4] to STOP shooting projectiles [until button is released].
While HOLDING ultimate ability button, you may PRESS the primary attack key to shoot ALL 
 your summoned projectiles at one enemy in sequence [one at a time] with a maximum possible fire rate and increased chance to cause bleeding on hit.
You cant move while holding ultimate ability button during "BloodRage".

Garuda becomes immune to staggers and knockdown, while "BloodRage" is active.
Summoned projectiles disappear upon deactivating this ability.

Projectile damage, projectile chance to cause bleeding on hit, increase summon speed per 10 "Rage" stacks,
 increase maximum projectiles per 10 "Rage" stacks, chance to get a "Rage" stack on hit are affected by Ability Strength.
Projectile auto-target radius is affected by Ability Range.
Energy Drain per second, increase and decrease to Energy Drain per 10 stacks of "Rage" are affected by Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration.

3rd ability: While "BloodRage" is active, it removes less HP  (~25% per cast) and  [+] Garuda inflicts "Bleeding"[not status] on her-self, that deals flat amount  of damage per each summoned projectile she currently has. That damage is (?) per second  for (?) seconds. Casting the 3rd ability again will refresh this effect. 

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

No, I mean Garuda is supposedly close to being released and OP has changed every single ability and given them new animations and VFX. Plus an entirely new mechanic not used anywhere else in the game subbing for an existing system.

Garuda isn't some concept TBD release. Changes can be made, but not literally throwing out all the existing work done on her.

To be honest, not much has been changed. There is a spear used in her 2, which would be used in her 2nd activation of her 3. Her shield which is part of her one, is first 3. Her 1 uses her blades that are already there and used during her 1, just in a different way. Instead of ripping something apart you slash and then blood is sprayed while doing that.

Not like the healing effect would be massive. And her 4, is just the original 3 animation being put into her 4 with blades piercing her, and then the normal animation begins just not locking her in an animation. The blades spins around, but she is free to move.

A massive annoyance with some frames like Revenant to me is that he is in an animation lock and that ruins the flow of warframe and movement imo. I'm not calling for a rework, I'm stating my opinions on Garuda, who's concept is blood. The chances of DE changing the kit even a tiny bit based on my take on her theme is next to none if you ask me. I just wanted to have fun and try to "rework" a warframe that might not even need a rework.

If you like it, awesome. If you hate it, awesome as well.

TL;DR- I just want Garuda to be like  what we were told she was gonna be("an elegant and refined contrast to valkyr").

So Garuda's design was shown and I was REALLY hyped going in. Valk was my favorite frame for a really long time and she is still is but I don't play her as much due to her not ageing very well with the game. When I heard Pablo was gonna be designing Garuda it was like a dream come true(Melee frame with insanely cool claws + IMO best designer at DE = all the hype). Unfortunately, it was not meant to be and I was very disappointed with both how her abilities function and how far they are thematically from what we were promised. I didn't expect the gore themed abilities, but the main problem was both how non "elegant" her abilities were as well as how contrary they were to her visuals and what we were told before(that she was an elegant and refined version of valkyr). What we got was a sort of blood caster frame that not only DIDN'T have exalted claws(the one thing that she absolutely should have), but she almost never used them! Her kit just screams "We are Vlad(aka revnants) scrapped abilities!" to me. The impaling(like vlad the impaler), the blood orb(vlad from LOL and other blood mages), and close to the same ult he has now. I honestly don't like any of her abilities. So! Even though I know that my changes will never be implemented, i'm gonna make a redesign anyway because i'm disappointed and I have this extra time since i'm not gonna be spending it playing garuda in the future.

PASSIVE: The lower her health, the more damage she does.

Spoiler

not elegant, and doesn't' make any sense on her(or any-frame tbh). Getting dmg from taking dmg makes way more sense on a berserker like Valkyr, and it gets countered by her 2(as well as any and all healing frames/sentinals/pets.). 

New passive- Garuda gains movement speed and/or attack speed when covered in blood(so she would kill enemies with claws or slash procs that would cover her with blood. This could stack with kills or have a relatively short duration so that she wan't to keep killing enemies up close to keep the buff).

ONE: Cast upon an enemy to tear them apart with your claws. Doing so summons a shield in front of you to protect you, for a set duration. Additionally, you harvest their blood that can the charged by draining your energy and thrown at enemies to do damage.

Spoiler

also, not elegant. again feels like it would be better on valkyr. It's too straight forward and in the enemies face.

New ONE- Something like a teleport or a really fast dash(like operator dash without the knockback) would make more sense IMO. This way she can be evasive rather than just throwing herself at enemies head on.

TWO: Cast upon an enemy to impale them, creating an AOE that drains their life force to heal you.

Spoiler

ok i guess it's just boring and doesn't make sense with her theme. It feels more like a caster frame ability than a melee frame.

New TWO- I would rather see something like a HP drain on bleeding enemies(like she can perform a finisher on bleeding enemies that steals HP(very similar to inaros i know, but better than what we have now), or it could be a blood burst where all bleeding enemies in an area around garuda explode dealing damage and healing garuda and her allies that are hit by the blood(also covers her in blood for her passive). or something else.

THREE: Cast to lower your health, giving you energy based on the amount of health drained.

Spoiler

totally makes sense! mutilating yourself is the pinnacle of elegance... kappa. But seriously WTF is this ability?

NEW THREE- How about instead of mutilating yourself you spin around and mutilate all the enemies around you, dealing dmg,and forcing bleed procs? That sounds ALOT better to me. It would also synergize really well with all of her other abilities. It would cover her in blood for her passive, provide increased AOE dmg when combined with her 1 to hop around groups of enemies, apply fast AOE bleeding for her 2, and some range for her 4. I would actually swap this 3 with her 2 because i think it just makes more sense that this should both be casts first and more often.

FOUR: Summon a flurry of blades around you, pulling in enemies and shredding them. You can move around while in the vortex.

Spoiler

Not a good ability for obvious reasons that have been said a million times by now. At least she holds out her claws I guess so you can imagine what it would be like if she actually used them XD. 

New FOUR- for real though, 4 NEEDS to be exalted claws. Sure valkyr has them too, but who cares and what the hell did DE think they were gonna do different what they designed a frame with essentially the exact same weapon as valkyr. You can't make a frame with massive and ridiculously cool/deadly looking weapons hanging on her arms and NOT USE THEM! I know she technically uses them, but come on! You see THIS!(see picture below) and relegate them to one lunging attack and self harming?! When I saw this picture all I could think was "I might not use another gun again.." If I had a frame that looked this cool with that ridiculously awesome of a weapon I wouldn't use anything else! It woudn't be that hard to separte her from Valkyr. Valkyr is all about swiping. Make Garuda more about stabbing/grabbing like a scorpion or something.

DhhJ6sHWkAA4eKE.jpg&key=5755ae36bb2dcbd4

An there we go. I feel at least a little bit better lol still disappointed, but I guess that's life. RIP Garuda at least you still look really cool(maybe this is just DE's way of saying that fashion frame is really all that matters lol). 

Edited by Betsill

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Ok, doesn't change the fact his suggestions are quite interesting. No they most likely won't be implemented but whatever. Note he did say "could" and not "should" when speaking of his ideas.

Her four need to change to something more usefull.

How about her four being the knives that attach or disattach when her 4 is up 

the knives her would grab and thrown to area where it would leave a stats effects (heat, electric, toxin, or cold) with duration after a few sec's it be removed 

combating the knives would effect the area and change the type of stats (gas, viral, corrosive, magnetic , blast, and radiation) also the melee stats would effect the damage and stats and

range of the knives thrown

her melee knives would have to be second spot to mod it with the stats that we would like 

if there is 6 knives to throw then let the stats effect each with stronger effect take over the area for the duration time

WHAT DO YOU THINK?  

3 hours ago, Auroreon said:

Ace of Blades

• Garuda's impenetrable ring of blades is a bloody force to be reckoned with.

• [Mechanics]

• Summon a ring of 6 blades for X seconds that damages nearby enemies.

• Using the quick melee button or a melee attack will consume a blade and launch a deadly piercing blade at your cursor; holding the quick melee button or charged melee attacks release all blades at the target direction.

• Taking X damage within 1 seconds destroys a blade to give you 1 seconds of Invulnerability (or 50-90%DR).

• While you have any blades, your health value cannot change except when used to pay the energy cost of an ability or by the effect of one of your abilities.

• Recasting this ability while it is active, repays the cost to launch all remaining blades and summon 6 more blades.

• [Augment only?] The blade continues to seek out new targets after impact. (Also, while each launched blade is still active, it can be used to trigger the defensive bonus.)

This is honestly the only unique idea for her that the community has put out.

For being lambasted for being too much like "revenant" and uninspired people sure do want to make her into a discount "Valkyr" kinda odd right?

2 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

For being lambasted for being too much like "revenant" and uninspired people sure do want to make her into a discount "Valkyr" kinda odd right?

It’s wierd for sure. In the Wiki, it did say Garuda suppose to be similar to Valkyr but with the way Pablo designed Garuda, i don’t think he’s heading that direction which caused confusion to a lot of Players. To me, Garuda focus a lot more on her Theme than being another Valkyr since she can cover herself with blood, make blood gush out of another enemy, steal life from a enemy while impaling them, she’s more like Doom than God of War (Valkyr).

In my mind varies is mostly fine but the 4 needs some work  I have a idea that could make it cool how about it is not a blender that you just watch but like a gory blade dance kinda like irrelia from lol you could meld hit with 3 blades or charge and fire 1,2 or more blades every time doing something different and with all 6 blades you do a gory finisher that heals you that would be nice 

53 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

People have made a plethora of suggestions in the 20+ pages, quite a few of which Valkyr doesn't do.  You also seem to have confused function, with being a clone., and overemphasized being a "clone", as the anti priority. The problem with her 4 being similar to Revenant's 4, is in its functionality, IE the less interactivity it offers, as well as the restricted movement. It is also DE themselves who said she was supposed to be like a more elegant Valkyr, they apparently forgot a bit of character action with that order. I am sure that in time, they can get it right.

Edited by UrielColtan

17 минут назад, LupisV0lk сказал:

The only problem with being a revenant is that revenant itself is trash. Hysteria or valkyr on the other hand isnt. So maybe change it to interactive exalted boneplugs, at least then people would at PLAY the game while using her. 

Edited by -Temp0-

Honestly I'd only change:

- 1st ability, faster animation, range mods to increase shield size and some effect after the blood orb explodes.

- 4th ability: make her have a stride like she owns the place while she blenders everything.

36 minutes ago, Betsill said:

So Garuda came out

No, she didn't.

Forgive me for not reading the rest of your post thoroughly, but you were wrong after just four words. Maybe wait for her to come out before you decide she needs to be redesigned?

6 minutes ago, PWNZR1337 said:

kinda sucks that even before the release, people are already disappointed with this frame.

Pablo was supposed to be the chosen one

Yeah. Her abilities were nothing like they described and Pablos designs before this have been universally loved before this one. It really doesn't make sense to me though. This really just doesn't seem like pablo even designed it. All of his designs just have this "feel" that you can tell he did it. Everything he has designed up till Garuda had really good synergy and was dead on when it came to capturing a theme of a frame. Garuda does neither.

8 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

The only problem with being a revenant is that revenant itself is trash. Hysteria or valkyr on the other hand isnt. So maybe change it to interactive exalted boneplugs, at least then people would at PLAY the game while using her. 

I know when DE gives her a Exalted Weapon, they would make it a Melee Exalted Weapon and players would still complain.

3 minutes ago, Syvarin said:

No, she didn't.

Forgive me for not reading the rest of your post thoroughly, but you were wrong after just four words. Maybe wait for her to come out before you decide she needs to be redesigned?

Obviously... I just had a brain fart and didn't catch that error. Fixed it, but dude really? It's pretty obvious what I meant...

12 minutes ago, PWNZR1337 said:

Pablo was supposed to be the chosen one

He's designed plenty of stuff that people have constantly whined about over time.

As for the OP: Wow exalted claws. Separated from Valkyr with a semantics argument. That's so much better.

3 minutes ago, Betsill said:

This really just doesn't seem like pablo even designed it. All of his designs just have this "feel" that you can tell he did it.

Post hoc justification. He's done lots of things in the game that wouldn't have his "feel" on them or you've convinced yourself all the good things "feel" good and ignore the bad things.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

As for the OP: Wow exalted claws. Separated from Valkyr with a semantics argument. That's so much better.

It really would be, but obviously they can change up the attacks and combos to make her feel different(plus different 1-3 abilities).

16 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

I know when DE gives her a Exalted Weapon, they would make it a Melee Exalted Weapon and players would still complain.

Exalted weapons have seperate modding now, so not much complaining about sharing melee loadouts these days. 

Edited by UrielColtan

11 minutes ago, Betsill said:

they can change up the attacks and combos to make her feel different

Except they're working on melee 3.0, where they're going to make all melee feel the same and have the same combos anyway.

I do agree, though, that those claws are just screaming to be an exalted weapon.