Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

I dont know why people have problem with all killing 4th ability.... Its not like we dont have banshee, saryn, ember, volt, and so on who do that if they are built for it. And I dont remember people being this angry about 4th ability which had only purpose and that to kill even when mesa first came out and mind you that was death everywhere.

I like her kit quite a bit. To even call her claws claws just doesn't do them justice. Outside of Valkyr and claw melee weapons we have this other category, which is Garuda. This is truly creative development. You took a seemingly normal concept like claws and turned them into something new. Forget the claws that's not even the point of her kit. The point is blood and mutilation right. Cutting impaling self-destruction and achieving those with her own unique twisted weapon. Shes wearing them backwards ffs its not suppose to make sense.

Okay her ultimate isn't great I guess so I will throw out an idea. Blood Nova: radial AoE of corrupted blood that causes panic (like Fire Fright) and a lasting effect of some sort like a toxin/slash DoT, slow, or outbound/incoming damage debuff. Probably would go with an incoming damage debuff because it's the most useful overall, but a heavy puncture-like proc would be fine too. Hell it could even take her other abilites into account to increase the debuff. Standing in Sanguine Siphon for instance.

9 hours ago, PWNZR1337 said:

kinda sucks that even before the release, people are already disappointed with this frame.

Pablo was supposed to be the chosen one

People are just salty because they wanted a Valkyr 2.0 and instead theyre giving us a new frame with actual unique powers that still seem practical.....there’s something off about what I just said. Oh yeah it’s PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT GETTING PROPER NEW CONTENT!

1 minute ago, Slimspadey101 said:

The point is blood and mutilation right. Cutting impaling self-destruction and achieving those with her own unique twisted weapon.

This is what her theme should be too. Garuda, unlike Revenant, focus only one thing and that's fully focus on her Theme.

First of all I'm going to apologize for any grammar miss that I probably made,I'm actually Brazilian so mi English isn't that good, but I just wanted soo much to talk about that topic, so here I am. Second I shall say that I'm not saying that DE did a poor job on Garuda, actually it's the opposite, it's clear that they are putting to much energy trying to make her more original and with  different mechanic features, she looks fantastically gorgeous and I already like her the way she is now, but I think some of her abilities are a bit out of synergy or out of her theme (especially her 4), they could simply be better or fit her bloodly, gore, vampiric theme better, remembering that it's just mi opinion and I woud really enjoy to discuss this if anyone, so please comment if you have a better idea or some corrections or anything. So let's get started, I imagined a fill changes in her abilities that made them more interesting (at least to me).
Passive-This one I think is already great the way that is now, so there's no need to change it at all.

1-For me her first ability should have a similar mechanic to Excalibur's slash dash (referring to the way that the auto-targeting system), where she dash toward an enemy, hitting it and covering her self in blood and absorbing it(that would rather do finisher damage, or having a guaranteed slash proc)(Scaling with: Power Range and Power Strength).But with that passive of her we would like to have some survivability, wouldn't we? So from that we have some possibilities:1°- She would restore some of her's shield (can stack overshield) and(or) receiving an amount of  damage reduction (with a limit cap around 75%~90%) (optional: =Gaining life regen) Scaling with= Power Strength and Power Duration.2°-She could also gain better buffs separately depending on witch enemy's "blood type" (this could rather be the faction of the enemy or even he's health  type) she absorbs, Corpus giving more shield than the rest, Grinner giving more damage reduction than the rest(instead of the 75% limit  like the other factions it would go to 90%),  and infested giving more regen than the rest, Scaling= Still the same of the first opition.(that one could also come as Augment Mod to her 1)

2-Remember the blood sphere of her standard 1? This is where it comes in, pressing the skill button for thefirst time will make Garuda starts to charge up the ball (in a Kamehameha style) consuming energy per sec(this could scaling with Power Duration and Power Efficiency), sucking the blood of nearby enemies to stack the damage (dead enemies will give more charges than live enemies, which will receive damage per second)(you could even start to channeling, converting more of your energy in stacks), if  you press the button again Garuda will stop charging the ball and will save it until you press't again(starting to charge from where you stopped)  or hold the button to throw the ball in the enemies causing a AoE blood explosion, dealing damage to the enemies and healing allies within the radius, Scaling with Power strength and Power Range.(it could even have a augment that wen the orb is in the saved mode it will still be capable of charging, but with less efficiency)
3-This will continue the same, even because it is the Skill that fits most with her theme for the way it is now.
4- And finally the ultimate, that one is probably the most discussed one. The e way that is now, it's just bad, it's just one more spin to win ult( even if they just released revenant, aka: "The Spin to Win Lord").But I have to say that it isn't DE's faut, cause we don't have to many "original" options to work with, even less that will do with her theme, or that has a good synergy with other abilities. Even though that many are giving they own ideas of potential themes like blood bend, exalted weapons(the one that has the lower chance to come true, cause you know...Valkyr) or even some piercing throwing blade AoE(Like Hela power from the Thor:Ragnarok Film, or "Blade Barrage" from Destiny 2,please don't kill me because of that comparison)(from the ones that I heard of, that was the one with that what I consider the higher chance to be considered a option). So considering that I went to work on one that I though it would be more suitable for her.

I think that the AoE blade throwing(scaling with  Power Strength and Power Range) thing It's the best option so we'll work on some options to that: 1°-When she hits a enemy within the ultimate range, she will mark those enemies with her blades making they bleed(that woud be like the Hela thing), allowing her to use her 1 on them, dealing extra damage by taking off those blades, and restoring health and(or) energy from the ones that she kills; 2°-She coud hold the button to reactivate the blades making they return to her (like Xayah from League of Legends) dealing damage when the blades come out of the enemies bodies and on the other enemies betwin the blades and Garuda. It could even have a stack mechanic that she had to stack damage with her other skills to allow her to use her 4. It could also have a augment that allows her to buff allies that the coming blades hits or something like that

So that were the changes that I thought it would work well on Garuda, please leave a comment with your thoughts, and thank you for your time an patience.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Honestly I wasn't impressed by Garuda at all because all her abilities felt copy pasted in some way taking abilities from Atlas, Nodus, Chroma, Nyx and Reverent and slightly changing them up to fit her theme. Hopefully they will either change how her abilities look or give her a new set before she's released, I was so hyped for this 'gore themed' frame only to find out all the gore is just covering herself in blood for a few seconds with a push of a button

As well at literally tearing enemies in half, impaling them on a pike and siphoning their blood, and turning into a liter blender. I’m sorry, what parts of those aren’t gore themed?

9 hours ago, Betsill said:

Yeah. Her abilities were nothing like they described and Pablos designs before this have been universally loved before this one. It really doesn't make sense to me though. This really just doesn't seem like pablo even designed it. All of his designs just have this "feel" that you can tell he did it. Everything he has designed up till Garuda had really good synergy and was dead on when it came to capturing a theme of a frame. Garuda does neither.

To be fair, Nidus looked like trash on his first gameplay reveal.

8 hours ago, Corvid said:

Revenant is a classical vampire. Enthralling people, turning into mist, life draining, that sort of thing. It used to be more clear cut prior to release, but people complained that he didn't fit the Eidolon theme.

He also looks like a Eidolon, Enthrall signs looks like Sentient Parts, and he shoots lasers with his 4th like the Gantulyst. So yeah, he's just a Confusion.

Edited by VPrime96

7 hours ago, Olphalarepth said:

Yeah, the name is kinda off actually. She seems more inspired to Elizabeth Bathory  than anything else and I think it also depends from the fact we already have an actual "Garuda" in game named "Zephyr"

They could always make that reference more overt by having her kill female operators to bathe in their blood, so she can preserve her youth. And yes, Zephyr is more of an actual "Garuda" than whatever is being offered.

I don't have high hopes for this one anyway. The 3rd skill really blows though. It's like a slot for ... rage mod as a skill.

I've got two suggestions to improve Garuda: make her health drain move work similar to Inaros where the player can choose how much health to drain. Some players may only want a 30% buff, good enough for extra damage without too much risk, and others may want the full 200% buff. Give players the choice of how much health to sacrifice.

The second suggestion is about the blood spire. The problem I see with her two move is that it's a very static move. There's so much movement in Warframe and the game so often encourages you to be running through an area that having a healing turret which stays in one place could be a problem for many mission types. What if it was changed to siphon health off from an enemy and just stores that health, ready to be used whenever.

These two things would allow the player much more control of Garuda's abilities. Choose how much health you want to sacrifice, and then choose when to tap into banked health from spires. If there's an issue with storing too much health at once, put a hard cap on it or make it have a slow decay once stored. That would be especially nice for those moments when things get crazy and I'm really regretting my decision to sacrifice all but 2 health to have more damage.

Also an option for blood spire would be to have a quick press make a spire out of another enemy to increase banked health more quickly on the run while long press uses stored health. There could also be an augment to give health to the whole team at 50% efficiency to make Garuda more support.

In Garuda's current state... she is MR fodder. Nothing more.

She isn't even a good gimmick at this point.

Garuda's passive is useless beyond level 30.

Her 1 is laughably slow and makes NO sense, considering her theme. A shield and a blood Lunaro? Why?

Her 2 will be used to tie down an eximus in the 50-60 sorties, maybe? Once, every 30 or 40 seconds. Then, re-targeting the same enemy again and again, because what else are you gonna do?

Her 3 is, considering the commonality of squad comps, desperate at best and detrimental at worst. You hurt yourself to get energy. Then, you die, because you just halved your life for a single ability cast in the middle of a sortie Mobile Defense.

Her 4 is pretty, but doesn't fit her theme either. It's also using Operator animations and assets from Nyx's 4. But, I assume that's just because of placeholder issues.

Garuda is destined to be as forgettable and as little used as Revenant or Gara, and DE has a LOT of work to do to make her worth any amount of effort.

End of.

Bottom line.

No givesies backsies.

Don't @ me.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)SilentTakeo said:

Garuda is destined to be as forgettable and as little used as Revenant or Gara, and DE has a LOT of work to do to make her worth any amount of effort.

Sad but true... which is a REAL bummer, since the idea behind her and her visual design are really cool, which will be exceedingly rare with new frames.

Edited by WarBaby2

1 час назад, Arcmourn сказал:

defense just feels wrong

my man, she has a personal shield. she has another ability that locks her to a certain area. so yeah, defense. besides, i see no connection between gore and garuda being a stationary frame.

i mean i'm pretty sure there will be players which would main her, i mean in the end it really doesn't matter that much what frame player prefers unless an encounter demands a certain frame, but what we saw on the Devstream is not very impressive. Considering her design and visuals, her luck-luster abilities and gimmick is just one big disappointment.

So after seeing the other great ideas for a change to her kit, I've come up with some ideas:

Passive: Fine as it is

1. The shield should be 360 Degrees. She needs to be able to survive if she's going to be in the thick of things, murdering her health like that. Otherwise she's going to get straight wrecked by the more dangerous of warframe's enemies. Also, it should act like equinox's 4, it should siphon blood from enemies when they die and when they do damage to the shield. The orb should give health regen to Garuda and allies in range.

2. Sanguine Siphon. It needs to drain the enemy's health overtime based while they're spiked (also, the spike needs to be her claw's color to fit the theme.) ALSO, it needs to give life to friendlies and have a decent enough range base. It would kill an enemy and provide more than self survival support. Maybe it could damage enemies in range of the blood siphon also, to punish melee units?

3. I think her self damage ability should Should give a little energy and health to allies.

4. Her fourth should interact with her regular actions (should be a toggle like Ash's 4):

While doing damage around her in a dome of murder:

(some of these ideas piggyback off some of the good things I've seen from others in the thread ~ I figured quoting everyone would make this post too massive.)

-Shooting a gun should launch metal spikes forward to impale enemies that create up to 4 blood spires that can heal herself and friendlies, the other spikes when the max numbers of spires are out will just shoot outward and murder

-Using a melee weapon should surround the weapon with her blades increasing the range and acting as a multishot while doing combos (imagine floating blades murdering things you hit while surrounding your ninkondi) 

Right now she's not a team player, we need solo survivability + Team play-ability. 

7 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

nah. it's just easier just to kill the mob and move on.

'Course it is... which should have been exactly her playstyle, to be honest.

Either I misunderstood the original concept, or the design is a bit tone deaf. I mean, is she or is she not supposed to be a cold, methodical killer? Why then do half her abilities support a highly defensive playstyle? Being a tactical attacker is not hunkering behind shields and health siphons... it's clunky and stop-and-go, which is not at all what I thought a graceful, calculating analogue to Valkyr would be...

9 minutes ago, Arcmourn said:

when I first saw the concept I thought she was gonna be the ranged to Valkyrs melee, her "sister frame" if you will...

Either that or a calm, efficient melee frame, always taking the most direct way to her targets to dispatch them as fast as possible, never stopping, getting deadlier as she goes... which is there in her kit, in parts - her 1 if the shield was omnidirectional and the "blood ball" would make her actually stronger, and her 4 if it didn't restrict movement. The rest of her skills, though, are anathema to that right now... especially her 2.

Also, as an side, making a frame whose power is DIRECTLY linked to health damage in a game featuring instant healing and (still) no shield gating? Always a bad idea...

Edited by WarBaby2

1 hour ago, Kel_Silonius said:

my man, she has a personal shield. she has another ability that locks her to a certain area. so yeah, defense. besides, i see no connection between gore and garuda being a stationary frame.

Let me guess what mission makes you Stationary....oh yeah, Survival.

Garuda looks really good but the ult is a discount Danse Macabre. I would rather have an instant-damage skill, like throwing out the claws and bringing back enemies that were impaled, as well as more blood.

Also the whole blood/gore thing could have a stacking mechanism for damage

EDIT : the crossbow should look more like Scorn stuff

Edited by Feuershark

Everyones posting ideas for Garuda so I will too. :)

For starters I really think she needs her name changed. Garuda is mythological beast  with upper body of bird and lower body of man. Apart from small resemblance to that, it doesn't fit the gore theme. TBH, it sounds more like better name for Zephyr.

Here we go :

1 - might as well stay as it is, but should be added a charge option to instead do a Excal's slash dash and hit multiple enemies. As close range frame with "less hp, more dmg" gimmick she needs an escape skill.

2. Her 3rd abillity should be here. Since we will need to mod it for survivalbility , a bit lower energy costs would be good. plus  dmg gained/hp ratio lost should be looked into. maybe influenced by ability strength.

3. This should be an channeling ability, giving her  boost to dmg from all the blood collected  in the orb she gets when activates the skill. the more you hurt enemies , the more blood is collected in the orb, you get more power. when it hit 100% it explodes in Aoe dmg.

4. Her survival ability - you mark opponents (max 5, animation similiar to ash Bladestorm) then lauches her spikes into those enemies. they get unstoppable bleed tick for duration, and get bleeding aura that heals Garuda if shes in it ( basically her 2 from Devstream, x5)

Not sure if 3 and 4 should be swapped but I think that those skill will provide much more fluid gameplay.

2 hours ago, butka1998 said:

I dont know why people have problem with all killing 4th ability.... Its not like we dont have banshee, saryn, ember, volt, and so on who do that if they are built for it. And I dont remember people being this angry about 4th ability which had only purpose and that to kill even when mesa first came out and mind you that was death everywhere.

It's more of that people don't want another revenant four just after he was released. Like I get that some frames will copy other frames abilitys but.... This is a bit much

One more suggestion for Ultimate:

Channeling ability, works in some ways as an exalted weapon, but with a twist.

Six wing-blades float around Garuda, deflecting attacks similar to Zephyr turbulence (effect depends on number of blades in defense position). Garuda still can use her primary/secondary weapons, but quick melee launches her wing-blades forward, similar to a glaive (but without charge up). If the wing-blade misses enemy it returns back in few seconds, if the wing-blade hits enemy it deals damage and remains stuck in it, increasing damage received by this enemy from all sources by 100%. Damage boost stacks with each wing-blade embedded in the target. Launching blades has slight homing effect.

Holding (charging) melee returns all blades back in a second.

Overall idea is to have this Hel style slinging sharp blades around, unique damage boost vs single target that can be used together with regular gunplay or first power.

Edited by Erl-King