Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

il y a 8 minutes, Peter a dit :

I think we already have many channeling skills, it would be better a skill that when you actively fire blades in all directions that punch and cause slash proc like this:

latest?cb=20150406202659

Channeling skill on Garuda is a bad idea, it's an action-themed frame, and this channeling skill would make your game boring.

Also, the particles of the current 4 are too high, you go blind if you do not use dark energy colors.

STOP IT NOW

radial javelin is commanding you

latest?cb=20141024152730

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Redirect yourself to the WF main page (website) and click on Fortuna (In November) the main link.

annnnnd then he himself found out there is no information on that page ... it's the WF that was showcased with Revenant.

Edited by Errodin

Given that she's coming with Fortuna and Fortuna is estimated to be in just shy of a fortnight at the very earliest, I don't think we'll see large-scale changes to her 4. So, my thoughts on it are... yeah, it's the weakest of her abilities in terms of style. If I had to give any of the frames we've had lately a new exalted, it'd be her with her exalted claws over Khora's exalted whip. But, we have what we have, which is basically a mini-Danse Macabre with a Radial Javelin at the end. 

Her other abilities seem good though, depending on how that shield works. If it's Volt-esque, then it's a tad meh because it only covers one side, but if we're talking something more akin to Iron Skin, then it seems great. Her 2 is also a veeery nice looking ability as heals are rarely bad, and her 3 seems extremely curious, but potentially powerful. 

I wouldn't call her an 'elegant' gore frame, I'd call her a 'slasher film' gore frame. But that's pure semantics.

All in all, I like her... the gore could stay on her longer, though, but all in all she's the close combat version of Harrow, using health instead of shields. The 4 however? A CC version of Revanant's? Kinda uninspired, and not that "elegant".

Edited by WarBaby2

While a huge blender of unlimited blade works, the execution left a bit to be desired if my personal taste is to be of any value.

As such, I would like to propose a few changes to Garuda's 4th ability that would make the ability more appealing, at least to my personal preferences; in ascending order of complexity:

The floating animation while channelling the ability, I personally don't find it particularly appealing or fitting the character. Instead I'd suggest to make her slowly but graciously march ahead in a "come at me bro" pose alike to this:

tDwxGx5.png

Approach 2: Directed swarm of blades.

By holding primary attack while the ability is active, the players could send a torrent of blades in the direction, sacrificing area of effect for damage and range.

Approach 3: Let's just turn it into a quasi-exalted weapon.

Approach 3 on coke, some elements of the ability would remain, but the player would retain far greater control (if not full control), instead being able to manually cast Garuda's spikes at enemies, like this:

TFULRmT.pngrtLDyxE.png

pardon my excellent 3D skills, alternatively you can superimpose Garuda and her spikes into this Exalted Blade animation, just imagine spikes instead of waves:

latest?cb=20170219030904

Yes, there wasn't a larger one around.

Hey there,

With the recent dev stream there was the showcase of Garuda, of which I think a few including myself may see she is under the same banner of lacking as Revenant - she has synergy but perhaps what is hoped for.

Some quick reflections on her passive and abilities.

Her passive should be of health lost and slash procs for a duration rather than flat percent; think of losing 35% hp - passive is now 135% lasting 30 seconds to a minute until overwritten by a same or stronger buff of the passive.

Ramping damage bonus from lost health should scale from base health - if vitality is equiped, scaling increases by X (maybe 4.4 but that is probably unreasonable).

Thirdly, let her apply consistent slash procs - the lower her health, the more slash procs she applies.

Overall, her passive would:

- give damage scaling lasting a duration based on health lost, further granting more above the base amount.

- increasing applied forced slash procs based on her health. Eg. 1 slash proc at 90%+ hp, 2 slash procs at 80%+ hp (whatever is reasonably balanced).

Her 1 should be a personal AoE shield rather than blocking in a single direction - think blood and bone armour or perhaps give her a cloak of blood as that is far more elegant.

Have it somewhat like Nezha's shield with damage reduction and it's own health pool - damage that wasn't taken from the 90% reduction is infused with the blood orbs.

Allow this health pool to 'heal' and increase through use of the 1.

Using the 1 grants up to X blood orbs. 

Now that block shield isn't obscuring combat (not the most elegant of shields...) and she can use multiple blood orbs.

2 should skewer said foe multiple times, allowing for it to float besides her to give her health as a mobile health pack. If a mobile health pack is too much, simply let more than one for be skewered - said foes can then be exploded for extra damage/a burst of healing if in the area with holding the 2 key.

3 with synergy of the passive needs something else - maybe extra health regeneration or over shield to get her in the fight and keep her there. Perhaps giving more barrier based on health lost/energy generated in synergy with her 1 to give her large amounts of damage based of her health?

If her 4 becomes something akin to Hela, let her send out a wave of spears upon using the skill, bleed proccing foes - damage scaling of the health lost too?

I guess for her 4, many people were expecting Hela myself included - using the mouse to direct the blades, that could be one way to bring out such a concept to direct the spears/blades. If she is going the exalted weapon route, relentless combination for melee and whirlwind of the glaive work perfectly for her.

Thank you for reading,

-Phyrak

Edited by Phyrak
Final greeting and additions to first ability. Added further thoughts. Details to passive and ultimate.

I'm honestly quite disappointed with what she turned out to be.

She just doesn't feel like she belongs to Warframe, her gameplay seemed so slow and stationary that it made me feel like a link Trinity build would give me more hype.

Edited by Nakrast

At which point in time DE will admit at least among themselves if transparency is an issue, that there's a huge problem with originality and functionality of recent frames?

Currently Garuda behaves like a frame inspired mostly by... other warframes. There's nothing truly unique and thrilling about her "gore/elegant" theme which we have not seen before.

1 - Claws are cool but the power is limited by design of enemies. Humanoid units can be mutilated but players asked for cyber-gore multiple times - robot parts smashed and bent, fuel spilling, electric arcs covering twitching metal corpses. I wonder how the power will look for players with "gore filter" switched to "ON". Considering we've seen Valkyr claws and all various melees slicing and dicing enemies countless times already, it's not very impressive.

2 - Creating shield and an orb... because shields and orbs are... gory/elegant? Not only the shield repeats Volt's power but turning it into "fireball orb" seems pretty random an whole sequence of violence > defense > offense seems anticlimactic and forced.

3 - Single enemy spiked. Ugh... Nezha can spike dozens at once. Life drain from Garuda spike makes you too campy. What will happen to a spiked enemy entering nullie field?

4 - Buff for the sake of buff with questionable benefits but I won't question the mechanics since it's hard to guess how Quick Thinking, "rage" mods, arcanes an other synergies would work with it. As a standalone power it's a weird choice, and I fear for many exploits in team play synergies which will most likely be nerfed DE style - to the ground with little compensations just like Revenant changes.

5 - Another "revenant-ish" ultimate? She looks like spiky Nyx mixed with hovering operators, is limited to sliding and will get stuck in geometry. Obviously not harming nullifiers... 

Things are subject o change - well, I hope. With Khora being a... sadistic-cat-lady-frame and Revenant going through multiple identity crises, we really need some well defined frame like "spider frame", "alchemist frame" or "shape shifter frame". 

I would love to see community contest for a frame. A serious one, not something Geoff would ignore like second melee design contest. 

Here are some ideas for her 4:

Hela (Thor's sister) throws out impaling thingies. Imagine Garuda's giant claws facing forward and every-time she strikes, she flings impaling thingies forward. It would be a combination of Valkyr's and Excalibur's ult.

Wolverine. Fast on his feet. Jumps. All while his 'blender' is happening around him. Garuda is on her feet and has several different bursts of blenders. This would make her more interactive rather than 'floaty-slow-always-on-blender'.

Edited by Pixues

22 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

I'm honestly quite disappointed with what she turned out to be.

She just doesn't feel like she belongs to Warframe, her gameplay seemed so slow and stationary that it made me feel like a link Trinity build would give me more hype.

I would certainly agree with you there

Hence the for skewered to create a mobile healing post

Little things that allow for the natural Warframe flow of aggressive bullet jump style game play to jump in and rend and tear enemies asunder

Aesthetically, I was kinda hoping for a taller and/or stronger looking frame.  Something more imposing than then next tallest female frame (Saryn/?).  Right now, if you remove her blades Garuda's silhouette is seems very close to Ember/Valkyr to me.  As a melee focused frame, I figured she would be a good opportunity to get away from the more petite female frames.  I was thinking Garuda would be good fit for more of a Tyra Banks-like form (Long limbs, fairly broad shoulders).  I was hoping for more of an imposing female frame. What I didn't want was another manic pixie girl rage machine like Valkyr. 

As for powers, the only one I didn't seem too keen on was her 4.  I agree with the sentiment that it feels too close to Revenant's with a pull mechanic.  Which if the grand scheme of things would be fine by me, but given Garuda is the frame right after Revenant it seems too close for a power so similar. While I am not too bothered by the current 4 power mechanic, what really didn't like was the animation.  I would much rather Garuda keeping her claws attached to her hands and becoming a ball flying razors slashing and stabbing her victims closer to her.  Of course, that does seem to get close to Valkyr's 4 power too.  However, I personally don't mine the separation that Garuda moving slower with a larger reach that pulls enemies closer, while Valkyr is an exalted weapon (with attack combo that don't always sustain damage directly in front of her) with invincibility mechanic.  They are pretty close, but do fundamentally work differently.

Her passive is fine, not all warframes has good or even useful one. Though cast animation speed on first ability is very slow and I agree that her shield has to be aoe-sphere thing. Ball mechanic is ok. Second ability range can use some range increase. Im fine with that stationary thing. Third is awesome. I like it a lot. but Im bit dissapointed with forth one, its just vacuum-blender, not interesting. Why not give her exalted claws with big aoe attacks? missed oppurtinty here. Or maybe like hedgehog attack where she throws her blades outwards, hitting every enemy in set range, dealing damage and proc slash?

Overall I like concept, its good, but needs some improvements.

Edited by Razorv2

Watching the dev stream, all of Garuda's abilities look nice and synergistic... except her 4. I'm not sure if there's something else going on under the hood, but it looked just like AoE damage with a fancy animation. 

I think it would be more interesting if the flying claws would be launched outward and impale enemies, similar to her 2, pinning them to a nearby surface and allowing Garuda to cast her 2 on them at a reduced energy cost. These impaled enemies would apply a random debuff to nearby enemies, causing them to drop their weapons in fear and either flee in panic or stand paralyzed. Killing enemies affected by this debuff would cause them to drop an overshield pickup. 

This would more closely match the theme of Garuda, giving her a very macabre and gory ultimate that scared the S#&$ out of enemies, but would also give her some utility. The added CC and shield pickups would let her keep herself alive in a hectic fight without lowering the damage bonus she gains from her passive, or let allies have the overshields. 

Edited by Aejan