Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

Wold have been cool if her 4 was somewhat of a sleek martial arts (with claws) kata, as in you would have to press it multiple times in succession, but rhythmically a-la Octavia, resulting in slow attacks with the claws that deal massive damage if done correctly, but that reset if done incorrectly, resulting in basically energy loss for nothing or say a Simaris #$&(%-bag ESO cooldown, with a more slower and visceral attack animation set, as compared to say Valkyr, perhaps even with a bit of mobility during it. And i dunno they could also keep the spinning bladestorm move as a special final hit that is timed (based on power duration) and only activates if you manage to do, i dunno, 5-8 consecutive hits that actually hit enemies. Because if you have done 8 hits with it and there are still enemies around then an AOE spin to win is really justified. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by AntharisSjet

Her kit seems really pointless, her first ability is overcomplicated, her second ruins mobility her third is like a really bad roar and her ult is sandstorm without the immunity.

Her passive can be negated by having a trinity or oberon in team and there seems to be no situation that she can't be outperformed by an already existing frame.

Art style is good, everything else, not a fan of.

1 minute ago, Keltik0ne said:

Her kit seems really pointless, her first ability is overcomplicated, her second ruins mobility her third is like a really bad roar and her ult is sandstorm without the immunity.

Her passive can be negated by having a trinity or oberon in team and there seems to be no situation that she can't be outperformed by an already existing frame.

Art style is good, everything else, not a fan of.

Pretty good summary... I hope DE listens.

All the healing on her abilities counters her passive. Very bad for groups with healers. She feels very "solo".

Should have went shields instead of HP with her, but getting shields out of a blood-leaching move doesn't work concept wise.

Kit looks nice visually, good ideas. But the mash up doesn't work.

She feels stationary in a game where we nearly always move.

And you would be stupid to take her to a Defense mission instead of another frame.

So what is she good for ?

She has no CC except the blood spike, which is a very bad one, and we don't even know if team mates will get HP out of it. Probably, but still, you need to be inside the blood spike circle, compared to let's say Harrow, who heals in affinity range. And again, that counters her passive.

thanks for running my topic, and I almost never write anything in the forum and the little I've written has been excised ... it's quite satisfactory! which for me is really complicated because I do not speak English and I use google translate to improvise as I can.

I already understood, my place is in the game because in the forum that's how it happens.

put the name you want whatever you want and run over whatever you want, I do not care anymore ... cy@

Her passive fits Valkyr more than Valkyr's passive does as it is essentially Berserker Rage, being injured angers them and they hit harder. Her 1 feels like three quarters of a kit squeezed into a single ability. Her 2 and 3 only exist for her passive, which doesn't fit her theme at all. Her 2 also suffers from locking you into a small area that you can be shot at in while her 3 is literally Rage turned into an ability. And finally, her 4, her mutated version of Revenant's 4, which was a mutated version of Inaros' 3, is just another "press the button and AFK while killing" that DE seem to have been trying to get away from yet keep putting on frames. In general, her whole kit seriously needs changing. Her passive needs replacing with something that fits her theme better, maybe just changing it so the damage goes up the more she kills rather than the more she gets hurt. Her 2 and 3 need to be scrapped while her 1 should be split and made the rest of her kit, with the shield made into a surround thing rather than a copy-paste of Volt's. Her 4, make it something like Mesa's Peacemakers in function. The blade surround you, and you throw them at nearby enemies with a mouse click, not the horrid thing it is now

too lazy honestly to go throught 30 page of forum, but here is my thought

all her abilities are nice, except the ultimate. i don't like it. it feels and looks like Revenant, in how it behaves. and i don't like revenant Ultimate. i don't like how it locks her into a position and just... do stuff... i don't like it. it feels lazy.

The issue with Garuda's #4 seems to be 'interactivity' so, here's a small idea.  What if her #4 was a type of Exalted Weapon, that mirrored Valkyr's but with a twist (And we need to talk about Valkyr after this...)

When her 4 is activated her claws are unleashed, and her #1 remains the same, her #2 becomes a wide range swipe, her #3 hurls blades, in various directions allowing you to target and impale enemies, snaring and pulling, ripping tearing, every enemy that is hit or impaled, sliced, bleeding, upon the end of the duration of the ability (or cancel of it) has every bit of damage done in the area (Similar to Equinox) ripped through them all at once, with gory visuals, rocking bodies and Wilhelm screams.

Just a thought!

When I saw her and her awesome claws, I envisioned her ult as nothing but a savage, more brutal and faster version of Ash's ult. She would maniacally slaughter waves of enemies, bathing in their blood, and such a brutal act would instill paralysis by fear on nearby enemies , that would be her CC. She'd automatically move and extremely swiftly target and damage enemies within a certain radius, and nearby enemies both within and outside the attack range would be frozen with fear. So, her ult would have a double radius, one for the attack range and another one for the fear range. In addition, the mad carnage she carries out would heal her for a certain amount.

The ult they gave her is utterly disappointing.

Edited by Myrkrvaldyr

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I will laugh If DE changes her Ult from all your guys complaining and end up making it worse.

I don't see how that's possible unless they tried to make it worse. lol Maybe if they gave her an ult where she cuts herself and deals like half her HP or something... oh wait...

Edited by Betsill

2 minutes ago, Betsill said:

I don't see how that's possible unless they tried to make it worse. lol

I remember when DE gave Revenant's 4th 20 Energy/Sec drain while his other Abilities wasn't as good. So it's possible for DE to make one ability worse while keeping the other abilities the same.

perhaps her 4th should be like it was shown, but with those blades spinning around her forming in a configuration like her claws to swipe at enemies when melee is pressed, maybe even heal allies with those strikes with a decent range.

and visually her shield should be fleshy-er, like translucent membrane of skin stretched over "blood eagle" like ribs, and maybe her energy effect particles could look more liquidy...

also, i feel the 3rd adds too little: there are plenty of ways to lose health, pop on a rage mod and you gain energy, too. I am a fan of the self sacrifice aspect, though.

Edited by KlutzMeister

9 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

I remember when DE gave Revenant's 4th 20 Energy/Sec drain while his other Abilities wasn't as good. So it's possible for DE to make one ability worse while keeping the other abilities the same.

No lol this is the first new frame that i've cared about since harrow, but I see your point.

From what I saw on the Devstream, her giant claws can sometimes get in the way of the aiming reticle. That is going to be really annoying. The visual design is cool, but it's shouldn't get in the way of gameplay.

I'm also unsure about her heal ability being melee range. Running toward a group of enemies seems like a great way to die before the heal kicks in, especially as it's a heal over time. Compare that to Inaros who first stuns the group of enemies from range, then heals over a thousand health in each melee finisher. Maybe add a stun to her 1 ball throw to fix that issue.

Edited by Llamatronian

1 minute ago, Llamatronian said:

I'm also unsure about her heal being melee range. Running up to a group of enemies seems like it will be great way to die before the heal kicks in, especially as it's a heal over time, unlike say Inaros getting a thousand or more health nearly instantly.

I think Rebecca used her Shield to impale a Corrupted Crewman so she can heal herself in the Devstream so i'm sure that's why DE gave her a Shield after you have hurt yourself and you affected a enemy with her Claws.

5 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

I think Rebecca used her Shield to impale a Corrupted Crewman so she can heal herself in the Devstream so i'm sure that's why DE gave her a Shield after you have hurt yourself and you affected a enemy with her Claws.

The leap/slice/shield is her 1, the impale/heal her 2. The shield is one direction only, so while the 1 will get you close, and kill one enemy, you may now be in the middle of a group of enemies, and dead before you can use the 2 to heal.

Edited by Llamatronian

2 minutes ago, Llamatronian said:

The leap/slice/shield is her 1, the impale/heal her 2. The shield is one direction only, so while the 1 will get you close, and kill one enemy, you may now be in the middle of a group of enemies, and dead before you can use the 2 to heal.

TBH, If you did get in Middle of the enemies, GL trying to get even the Shield up.

Here’s an ultimate idea ripped straight from Harry Potter!

Levicorpus- Garuda suspends enemies that enter a 5m radius around her in the air for 30 seconds (refreshable). The enemies she picks up travel with her and spin about her acting as literal body shields.

Casting her 1 while the ability is active will deal the damage to captured enemies without teleporting Garuda if she is not targeting an enemy.

Her 2 synergizes directly just by now being able to carry a health regen source with you.

It also synergizes with her 3 by protecting her from damage while she gets some energy.

3 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Here’s an ultimate idea ripped straight from Harry Potter!

Levicorpus- Garuda suspends enemies that enter a 5m radius around her in the air for 30 seconds (refreshable). The enemies she picks up travel with her and spin about her acting as literal body shields.

Casting her 1 while the ability is active will deal the damage to captured enemies without teleporting Garuda if she is not targeting an enemy.

Her 2 synergizes directly just by now being able to carry a health regen source with you.

It also synergizes with her 3 by protecting her from damage while she gets some energy.

I remember when i saw a Picture of Garuda with a Body on one of her Claws and i would imagine this Idea would reflect that image perfectly.

43 minutes ago, Llamatronian said:

And if your surrounded you cast her 4 which rag dolls the enemies into the center to be blended.

17 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Yes please tell us again how changing mods around is improving his boring as **** ultimate or his other useless abilities.

Why bother when your mind is already made up, You can't fill an already filled bowl.

At least with frames like valkyr and excalibur you have the the fact that of being able to move around and the animation is beautiful.

You can move around with Rev and Rev's abilities aren't flashy enough?

But then again there are people who mained old ash so some probably enjoy revenant's braindead plasystyle.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's braindead.

Just dont pretend frames like that actually have one. 

But alas it does, just not one you or the youtube community contributor arbiters like/enjoy.

So all in all still is a learn to play/mod issue on your end tenno.

Edited by LupisV0lk

Anyone else think that for Garudas 1st ability instead of throwing a ball of blood like she does currently, De should change it to a spear made of blood to make that part of her 1st ability fit a bit more thematically with the rest of her kit?

Or does anyone think that they should keep it as is? If so why?

Thanks for reading!