Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

1 hour ago, mrrobotto67 said:

You know ... i would love a melee exalted melee BUT i just thought about this (i even proposed one ability like that) Melee 3.0 is a thing and i don't see them uploading a new stance (which an exalted melee requires). Maybe they will replace one of her abilities for those talons after the reception she gets AND melee 3.0 is implemented.

I also would like to take the oportunity to say 2 things about Garuda based on the hype site info:

In terms of her passive ... there is something that the text of the hype site makes me think it has been changed: "the blood of Garuda's foes imbue her with strength and vitality". Maybe now on slash proc'd enemies she will get a power strength buff and she would get healed too. (maybe this is Dhalsim levels of reach to read so much into that description).

For her 3 maybe you can get damage reduction AND extra power strength for a duration. I think this would make the risk of sacrificing your health worth it.

All this could be already on her kit (i am praying at least for the damage reduction on her 3), but hey ... it could help for future changes on her 😄

Hate to break it to ya, but the website does not talk about here passive. It was just a general description. Also my idea for her 4th ability doesn't relate to melee 3.0. It would consist of 3 stance for 3 different types of attacks. 2 that involve using the floating blades to form dual giant weapons (talon claws and warfans) and 1 that let's her use her claws. 

I do appreciate you reading my long post and do like your idea for the passive.

57 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

Is already slow, on top of being hindered by making a shield after killing the target, thus not being usable again, unless you throw the shield away, making it an oafish ability.

Well I didn’t know that complete invulnerablity from the front and a scaling damage orb was a bad thing. Oh wait, it isn’t.

34 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well I didn’t know that complete invulnerablity from the front and a scaling damage orb was a bad thing. Oh wait, it isn’t.

Oh wait, its on her talon move, not only making the move oafish, but also making the talons rather minimal. She is "invulnerble" like Volt is when he picks up any one the numerous sheilds he can make in a shorter amount of time,, I.E. Garuda is not very invulnerable with the shield, nor interesting. Scaling damage orb that can only be used once before you have to consume more time to form and get the damage up for another, can honestly be a seperate move(Or a different ability).

Edited by UrielColtan

So... Fortuna is coming and with it we'll get our precious gore frame: Garuda. Even though I could not be more excited about everything, I'm still a little bit concerned about Garuda's ult. Her kit seems pretty cool and fun, but the fact that she has visible weapons attached to her arms that we cannot use left me a bit disappointed. So, even if none of the people behind DE/Warframe sees it, I would like to give a suggestion or at least show what I would like to see in a frame like Garuda. 

First, I would like to have an exalted weapon as her ult. I know that this is a "polemic" subject in the community, but I think that an ult like that would fit her pretty well and it would be very fun to play with. Garuda's "propaganda" is that she is a gore but elegant frame. That being said, it would be nice to see her "playing" with her claws as in a dance (ballet moves, maybe?) and while doing so, slashing her enemies in a pretty gore style. But how that would work is interesting as well. 

The idea is that everytime Garuda deals damage to enemies, through skills or weapons, she would stack their blood which latter would be use as energy for her ult. So, in that sense, instead of using energy like other exalted weapons we already have in the game, she could use her enemeies blood, which would have a max capacity (not scalable with mods) that would consume the blood to keep the ult on. Of course, while in that mode she wouldn't be able to stack more blood, preventing it to become an eternal thing. On top of that, since the combos would be like a dance, she could receive an evasion debuff that instead of making her invencible (like valkyr, for example), it would only prevent some damage. That evasion buff could be increase with power strength. (I know that such system would require some changes in the other skills she has in her kit, but I think that it could work.)

I see this ult having sinergy with power strength and duration builds, increasing the overall damage and reducing the amount of blood she consumes to keep the ult on. Although I'm not a developer/designer, so I don't know if any of this is possible, I would like to see and play with something similar. Also, I think that it fits pretty well Garuda's theme. 

Finally, even though we might never seen something like that on Warframe, I would like to see your thought as players about this idea. Can't wait for Fortuna and as usual, we all lift together!

1 hour ago, UrielColtan said:

Oh wait, its on her talon move, not only making the move oafish, but also making the talons rather minimal. She is "invulnerble" like Volt is when he picks up any one the numerous sheilds he can make in a shorter amount of time,, I.E. Garuda is not very invulnerable with the shield, nor interesting. Scaling damage orb that can only be used once before you have to consume more time to form and get the damage up for another, can honestly be a seperate move(Or a different ability).

God forbid they do something more than the obvious. Shouldn’t we be supporting them coming up with more unique abilities? 

Really pissed and disappointed they changed her ult.

Was really looking forward to being a shadowy vortex of blades that sucks enemies in considering that would make her a perfect up-close melee frame. As usual this is all because of those of you who had to whine and complain about her being similar to X. Now she has a garbage mashup of Psychic Bolts and Maim. GG.

Darn you DE. This is Khora all over again: an amazingly good looking frame with a trash ultimate that doesn't fit with the rest of her kit OR theme. Her original one was way more interesting. Why you decided to give a melee-based frame a garbage tier caster ultimate is beyond me.

Stop making new Warframes at this point. I'm tired of getting excited for things then having you guys completely change and bog down their kits days before their release.

If this happens a third time with another new frame then I'm walking. I don't care how much money I've spent or the 5k+ hours I've dedicated to this game. This bait and switch mentality you've adopted recently is complete bull and I'm not the only one at this point who is sick of it.

Edited by Xylyssa

Why does she have those claws for, anyway? Just for throwing it around? On the other hand, that shield feels way more out of place...

Her 3 is useless, why are they insisting on it? The "hidden synergy" behind it is: lose hp to gain energy, which seems to have no other way to get energy in the game, and benefit from the passive, only to regain health and lose her passive with her 2, and get one-shot by a bombard or even a corrupted crewman while doing marry-go-round in that area... Everything works fine and nice against level 30 enemies, but what about high level content?

Seems like they took away the fun part, now all her habilities looks boring. At least Revenant's ult was somewhat enjoyable to use...

6 minutes ago, Vanille said:

Where did you get that screenshot from btw O.o

PS: sorry I quoted wrong person x.x

MCGamer apparently got his hands on a newer dev build to preview... careful though, there are some spoilers in there!!!

Edited by WarBaby2

Well it looks like DE didn't even bother to read any of this particular thread, pretty much nothing changed about Garuda aside from the "ult" going from a mobile blender to to an AoE placeable blender. Looks like I'll be doing the exact same thing with her that I did with the Revenant..... level it to 30 then toss it in the rubbish bin, good job DE.

On 2018-11-05 at 7:42 PM, UrielColtan said:

Volt can also pick up his shield and become more mobile/hard to hit with his 3.

And Garuda can have an inherently mobile shield just from using her 1.

Volt's shield is merely better than Garuda's sheild, whether you decide to be staionary with it or not, apperently you didn't get the context there. 

I honestly don't see how you can say one shield is better than the other when they do the exact same thing, blocking bullets. How is Volt's shield better than Garuda's shield? or vice versa when they have the same core function but their mechanics are different. 

Garuda has to use up two ability slots to achieve basically what Volt can achieve as an option with just one, and 3 of her abilities either lack momentum or demand you stay still. Her 3 obligates you to use her 2.

And what are those two ability slots? The only thing similar to Garuda from volt is the shield, I have no idea what you're trying to reference by saying that. And that last bit sounds a bit like how synergy works don't it? Nidus' 3/4 obligates him to use his 1(&2 for efficiency), Atlas rubble passive requires his 3 and 1 boosts the amount gained. then there's Harrow, Saryn etc etc. 

I criticise because I want the frasme to be more fun to me.

And herein lies the problem. Not every frame will have abilities that would be fun to you but will be in the strike zone for others.

No, I am looking at the whole package and reflecting on if I would find that frame fun or not.

We already have that answer, don't we?

I've brought up pretty gameplay relevant issues and my preferences. If you couldn't tell, I lean more toward activity/character action abilities, while demeaning things like momentum killing abilities or sole stat sliders

Let's look at it this way. The "gameplay issues" you keep trying to make it as aren't issues at all but gameplay that conflicts with your preferred style of play. I mean just because you have a problem/dislike them but that doesn't mean it's a gameplay issue. You've acknowledged that multiple frames have abilities like that, so you're gonna have to acknowledge that future frames might have the same style of abilities that conflicts with your preference. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

God forbid they do something more than the obvious. Shouldn’t we be supporting them coming up with more unique abilities? 

If by unique you mean slow, pointless or worse, then no. Otherwise, there is nothing unique about being slow nor slipshod.