Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

Guess I'll throw in my hat here.

Her 4: I actually don't care that it's like Revenant's. I don't play him and as we move away from his release I doubt many will, so I don't see much issue with playing a frame that does something similar to something else you'll never really encounter. Better than mimicking a popular frame. I actually think it looks a lot cooler than Danse Macabre, however my one concern is that it will feel very passive to use. I was hoping this would be an active frame, but overall her abilities give the opposite effect (blood-siphon-tree-thing confining you to an area, etc)

Her viability: I share concern about lowering your own health on a squishy frame, but I think it could work. The shield is interesting, seems to maybe block infinite damage while it's up, though in content where it matters enemies will be surrounding you and a forward-facing shield will become pretty useless. I wonder if it will be better to have as much health as possible, or as little health as possible with a lot of shields.

Her internal synergy: Ehhhhh. I'm not as wowed by it as I was by Nidus or even reworked Saryn. The biggest issue seems to be that it forces you to NOT use certain abilities if you want to have a passive at all, rather than encouraging you to use all your abilities. If you want to be low health to deal more damage, why so much life-steal? Defeats the purpose.

Her external synergy: Definitely seems to be more of a solo frame. Doesn't look like she plays well with healers (makes her own healing redundant AND further negates her passive). I guess she could act as a poor-man's Trinity, kind of, if you wanted her to, for some reason... actually, does her blood-siphon-tree-thing heal allies too or just her?

Mics: The blood orb thing that you can shoot looks just plain bad and I don't understand how it remotely fits. The exact same thing but with one of her blades instead would make so much more sense aesthetically (and probably fit the hitbox of the actual projectile better, did you see how many times it missed?), but also why would you ever give up your shield to do that in the first place when you're a squishy frame that makes itself even squishier?

Edited by (PS4)Krikenemp

10 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

Trying to make her 4th a worst version of Nyx's Absorb?

I meant like a melee weapon with long range.  Visually, she would swing her hand and her claw blades would float in front of her and do a swiping motion.

14 minutes ago, TonySal said:

No I get that, but to me it's just like Revenant 2.0 with nerf of range... at least give her some void-vacuum to kinda like pull the enemy to the blender or something.

There is a vacuum effect there... they didn't state the range, but I guess it'll scale with range.

garuda already is more of a vampire frame than most so why not embrace the blood/vampire theme she already has ? she impales...she collects blood in an orb above her...she creates a blood well with that impale...and she certainly looks like a noble yet vicious vamp "lady"/frame.

i terms of her kit i agree with many of the above points. right now it looked kind of fine from a strenght point of view, but these enemies werent really high lvled. her passive is also quite difficult. it actually makes quick thinking a must on her despite the shield, unless it really shields her 360° from damage, otherwise her passive is just plain suicide later in the game. since when was flat damage alone too impotant ? vs armor surely not so the dmg buff is nice and fine but if shes dead from getting shot 360° crossfire style then its pointless to have 200% dmg.

her passive should keep the highest dmg value for a certain amount of time and if it gets increased refresh the duration so that she is not too dynamic in terms of that buff. her health sacrifice gives energy, nice, BUT right now her passive is effectively more a part of that ability than a real passive since controlling the ressources a frame has is key to actually playing well. that does not just go for energy, even with zenurik making it less annoying as it used to back in the days. if we cant utilize her passive well then its a dead feature as if she had none to begin with.

the health sacrifice as mentioned is more or less tied to her passive so its only as useful as her passive is practical. for that reason i'd also add the ability to charge it, when garuda has a blood orb to instead consume a part of the orb, maybe 25%, and gain a buff that increases healing effects and cast + movement speed depending on how much was drained. that way she would have an alternative to the eventually suicidal ability and another synergy/utility.

the shield +orb seems fine in terms of power/utility but personally i feel that orb should look more liquid and have a trail of blood behind it. right now it reminds me of novas anti matter drop and doesnt really look all too bloody. the dmg looked a bit low considering the enemy level so maybe a dmg multiplier or anything that helps when enemies actually have a mattering level would be good. other than that a shield +dmg counter is nice. the only other thing i would like to see was the ability to keep charging the dmg counter, even if the shield already ran out. didnt notice that being the case during the stream so i assume its not the case right now.

the dash execute looks strong, especially since its part of the shield+orb only and if it executes a single target for sure its strong. i would assume it will be affected by melee mods, inculding covert lethality so it could be a guaranteed kill on that target but seeing how she literally shreds the target i assume its an innate execute, which is quite strong. the blood orb should be used when charging the ability but the ability itself should be recastable to feed the orb even with the dash post 1st usage without detonating the orb first.

the impale and blood well also looks like a sure execute basically, so to say and its hard to argue about it imo. the purpose seems clear as a blood well and if it feeds the damage of the blood orb then it does have nice synergy. i see issues with the balance of her passive and that ability since its very dynamic right now, hence my suggestion to keep the highest dmg buff from the passive for a set duration. other than that the blood well is useful as a heal and if it does feed the dmg counter of the blood orb its not just purely defensive, the execute/cc aside.

i would suggest making the blood orb part of her passive tho so that she can maybe have generally better synergy. for example: whenever garuda damages an enemy with one of her abilities she summons a blood orb to collect the targets lost blood, unless she already has one active in which case she stores the blood in it. the suggested 4 changes below clarify why i think this would be better as a part of her passive but some suggested changes above would already support that too.

now...her 4...i truly have to agree with other comments here. it reminded me of nyx's assimilate tho but the offensive variant and i was very very very disappointed. if that was better and more creative she couldve been a very perfect version of a vampire frame. she cant have everything vampires in mythology could have, especially with all the modern variants ppl have come up with in media/books/etc. still, what is the synergetic point of her 4 ? it is purely damage and pulls in enemies. sure, it feeds the blood orb, but that makes it 2 abilities which have a dmg portion to them and one of them will be pointless as her kit currently stands. a damage ability which pulls enemies into melee range and feeds a ranged "grenade" or "roket" style ability. if it pulls in enemies, the range is pointless and if it kills then the dmg is pointless on that blood orb.

in my opinion her 4 would do much better if it had direct synergy with her orb and not be a simple dmg thingy again. for example an aura that drains blood from enemies in an AoE depending on how damaged they are. for every % missing health it drains more blood, having a base drain even at 100% though much weaker. enemies will take increased damage from garuda when affected and are slowed a bit. the drained blood gets stored in the blood orb, if its not active she creates one and feeds it. when the bloodorb is detonated/thrown during her 4 it instead causes an AoE explosion around her dealing the dmg in the AoE area of her 4. enemies who get killed from that spawn blood orbs which can be used to heal garuda but also feed her blood orb, if active. if none is active, she will create one automatically when picking up, which would be an exception to the above suggested change to the blood orb to be part of her passive.

visually considering garudas 4 the animation and blades wouldnt need to go to waste. if her orb is detonated during 4 to cause the AoE explosion she could, logic wise, form such blades from the collected blood and use those to slash up her enemies.

in any case, her 4 is too boring and similar to others and as i mentioned i would question the synergetic purpose and use for her other abilities right now as it was shown in the stream. at least to me it doesnt really fit the rest of her kit, even if it does fit her theme somewhat.

Edited by Xydeth

2 hours ago, Hynek307 said:

@Urlan I guess DE wanted to make Garuda be tied to a character from Street Fighter, named the same - but it was a demon encased in samurai-styled armor, with spike-based atacks

Also - Garuda seems like she's a Bloodrayne - wannabe, but with orokin twist.

Sooooo - grineer war-tech frame in plans?

That orokin/grineer shield lancer in yesterdays prime-time was cool aswell...

The only female reference to Garuda I could scrounge up was the MMO Final Fantasy games. Being a Glass or Void wing demon possessing a female host. With the Street Fighter, I can only assume its pulling from Buddhist assimilation of the Hindi myth, which made Garuda the name of a race of bird demons similar to the Japanese Tengu. Then mixing it back into the Hindu deity being affiliated with the Sun and warlike martial abilities due to the burning hair to the mask and fighting.

Just going to jump on the train here, rarely do I ever login just to give feedback. 

As you all know, Garuda's 4th ability, is leaning on disappointment which is most I've read on topics from here and other medias. The initial reaction and response was that... "Hey that is COOL! WHAT A DAMN BLENDER MURDER MACHINE!" but at the same time that novelty feeling will fade and turn into a quick memory that this is the same as Revenant's 4th but essentially melee range. I was probably expecting too much when they initially stated that she'll be a combination of "elegance" and "gore" which I think they got the gore part down but the elegance was missing on her 4th ability. 

To be honest when they held back Khora's 4th ability to be an exalted weapon, I thought they'd give it to another Warframe in the future but in this case Revenant has a laser blender instead. Then come Garuda's teaser with her protruding arm blades and her pre-devstream showcase photo where in blades were surrounding her as she walks. 

ULTIMATELY I felt like this was going to be IT, where the upcoming Warframe gets an exalted weapon of sorts. Seeing people hyped about that single pre-devstream image was crazy coining names like Gilgamesh from the fate series, Hela from Marvel, Irelia from League of Legends... but instead we got a blender.

I WAS REALLY THINKING SHE'S GOING TO RELEASE HER BLADES AND MAKE IT SUSPEND IN THE ATMOSPHERE AROUND HER, WALK UP TO ENEMIES (or run) AND DIRECT HER BLADES WITH HER FINGERTIPS TO ENEMIES, LACERATING AND MINCING, WHILE SHE GRACEFULLY MOVES LIKE A HIGH CLASS NOBILITY!

but really though DE, I hope you read all of these and do something but with Fortuna being for November and Garuda coming with it, I think it may be too late. As always your work is appreciated and a lot went into this! Get some rest and wake up another day to continue!

I'm sorry I got so worked up and passionate about this, it's just a selfish greed for me.

Edited by Cohee

5 минут назад, WarBaby2 сказал:

There is a vacuum effect there... they didn't state the range, but I guess it'll scale with range.

Yeah I know... It's just... last warframe was Revenant, and he has the same 4th as Garuda, but with more range. Is she goes immune in 4th - no. Is she regein health in 4th - no. It`s just second warframe in the row with same 4th (slightli diferent).

12 minutes ago, Xhobract said:

You people should not be so quick to judge her 4 (or any of her other abilities) too harshly yet. We still lack info.

Some suggest her 4 should shoot spikes outwards, guess what, it does already when it ends. They just didn't mention it, but if you rewatch the stream you should see it clearly the first time she shows this ability. Just as they didn't mention what the "Label" counter means that pops up when she's in blender mode. Although I understand the anxiety after Revenant and Khora...

^^ I'm more Surprised that even when she's a WIP, Players really want to change her just like Revenant and Khora (which made two of those Frames the way they are now). One of the issues about those Two was their Theme was Wierd. Khora have abilities like a Dominatrix Spider but at the same time, have a Cat as her Companion while Revenant's 1st and 4th is close to a Eidolon theme while his other Abilities would fit a Vampire Frame. At least with Garuda, they got the Theme right right at the Start which is a good Sign for her.

First off let me just say the preview looked amazing. I can finally Rip and Tear at enemies without being locked in a melee ability (valkyr)

What i think should change:

Passive: Scales with Health Mods. Otherwise adding health mods would be pointless and 200% is not a lot considering chroma has 1000%

Ability 1 is fine, just needs a 0.2sec speedup

Ability 2 is a little too inaros and forces you to become stationary. I thought you wanted to reduce camping?
Make it so every enemy near the warframe gets impaled (like nezha) and instantly grants Health
OR impaling an enemy gives you a Timed Buff that regenerates your health.

Ability 3 this ability will most likely cause players to camp inside small rooms to avoid dying.
Make it a duration buff (she cuts her health, gets a buff that restores energy/sec and boosts her passive to Max for a duration)

Ability 4... it's practically a reskin of Revenant.

i have 4 alternatives:

1) old Ash ult. Shadow/blood clones of Garuda lash out at nearby enemies in a AoE around her or an enemy she's aiming at.
Animation should look like Ghost from Ant Man 2
attack should be her first ability, add some shadowy/bloody particles
Stats:
Range increases AoE
Duration does nothing
Efficiency reduces cast cost
Strength increases damage and number of enemies it affects at once.

2) She becomes like a tesla coil, throwing clones that lash out at nearby enemies.
(Volt + ash basically)
Stats:
Range increases AoE
Duration increases ability duration or energy/sec drain
Efficiency reduces cast cost (or energy/sec drain)
Strength increases damage and number of affected enemies.

3) Her passive goes all the way up. Health gets cut in half and drains n/sec. She uses her claws like Valkyr and has to kill to stay alive and keep her ability up.
If health drops too low, it ends. If timer goes to 0 it ends.
Animation and attack should be similar to her first ability.
Stats:
Range increases lunge range slightly
Duration increases timer and reduces bleed/sec
Efficiency reduces bleed/sec and cast cost
Strength increases claws damage and health gain from kills

4) All nearby enemies get drained of blood,survivors get a bleed proc, corpses explode creating blood pools.
Blood pools have a duration and a capacity. While standing in a blood pool, your health gets refilled. If an enemy steps in a blood pool they get a bleed effect.
Bleeding enemies refill blood pools.
Animation, similar to this Blender in the video but stationary and on a larger scale. Think Nova sphere but with blades.
Stats:
Range increases ability AoE
Eff reduces cast cost
Duration increases bleed proc and pool duration
strength increases bleed damage and pool health

Edited by 64m3r
i can't count to 4

2 hours ago, FrostedMike said:

I will agree on her ult, it looks boring.

I wanted her to use he claws more. She's using them with her 1, but it seems like thats it. Having her use the claws like Valkyr's Hysteria is unoriginal so we will stay away from this option.

All I want from her is more use for her claws and a fun looking ult.

I can live with the rest of her abilities and they look awsome to me. I like that blood orb too.

Yes I agree! Her claws are the part of the design and looks really cool! Why would be use them for only one thing? 😕

2 minutes ago, TonySal said:

Yeah I know... It's just... last warframe was Revenant, and he has the same 4th as Garuda, but with more range. Is she goes immune in 4th - no. Is she regein health in 4th - no. It`s just second warframe in the row with same 4th (slightli diferent).

Agreed... as I stated above. 😉 I still think some form of elegant glide between enemies, eviscerating one after the other, would have been nicer...

3 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

^^ I'm more Surprised that even when she's a WIP, Players really want to change her just like Revenant and Khora (which made two of those Frames the way they are now). One of the issues about those Two was their Theme was Wierd. Khora have abilities like a Dominatrix Spider but at the same time, have a Cat as her Companion while Revenant's 1st and 4th is close to a Eidolon theme while his other Abilities would fit a Vampire Frame. At least with Garuda, they got the Theme right right at the Start which is a good Sign for her.

I say the problem with khora wasn't her theme but the fact that she was to be based on damage type rather than what we have now which is understandable. While Revenant's problem was exactly with what you're referring too but I think DE reverted the whole vlad theme 

7 minutes ago, Cohee said:

Just going to jump on the train here, rarely do I ever login just to give feedback. 

As you all know, Garuda's 4th ability, is leaning on disappointment which is most I've read on topics from here and other medias. The initial reaction and response was that... "Hey that is COOL! WHAT A DAMN BLENDER MURDER MACHINE!" but at the same time that novelty feeling will fade and turn into a quick memory that this is the same as Revenant's 4th but essentially melee range. I was probably expecting too much when they initially stated that she'll be a combination of "elegance" and "gore" which I think they got the gore part down but the elegance was missing on her 4th ability. 

To be honest when they held back Khora's 4th ability to be an exalted weapon, I thought they'd give it to another Warframe in the future but in this case Revenant has a laser blender instead. Then come Garuda's teaser with her protruding arm blades and her pre-devstream showcase photo where in blades were surrounding her as she walks. 

ULTIMATELY I felt like this was going to be IT, where the upcoming Warframe gets an exalted weapon of sorts. Seeing people hyped about that single pre-devstream image was crazy coining names like Gilgamesh from the fate series, Hela from Marvel, Irelia from League of Legends... but instead we got a blender.

I WAS REALLY THINKING SHE'S GOING TO RELEASE HER BLADES AND MAKE IT SUSPEND IN THE ATMOSPHERE AROUND HER, WALK UP TO ENEMIES (or run) AND DIRECT HER BLADES WITH HER FINGERTIPS TO ENEMIES, LACERATING AND MINCING, WHILE SHE GRACEFULLY MOVES LIKE A HIGH CLASS NOBILITY!

but really though DE, I hope you read all of these and do something but with Fortuna being for November and Garuda coming with it, I think it may be too late. As always your work is appreciated and a lot went into this! Get some rest and wake up another day to continue!

I'm sorry I got so worked up and passionate about this, it's just a selfish greed for me.

Agree. Really want to see some more Nobility. Now we have half of the theme which is "Gore" But we dont have Elegance.

2 минуты назад, WarBaby2 сказал:

Agreed... as I stated above. 😉 I still think some form of elegant glide between enemies, eviscerating one after the other, would have been nicer...

Like Excalibur 1th but nonstop?😀

1 hour ago, Aejan said:

I think it would be more interesting if the flying claws would be launched outward and impale enemies, similar to her 2, pinning them to a nearby surface and allowing Garuda to cast her 2 on them at a reduced energy cost. These impaled enemies would apply a random debuff to nearby enemies, causing them to drop their weapons in fear and either flee in panic or stand paralyzed. Killing enemies affected by this debuff would cause them to drop an overshield pickup. 

I like this idea a lot. we could also manually target priority enemies with this, and it would give her a bit more range potential. her 4 has awesome visuals, but due to how many large Aoe ults we have in the game, her 4 will still seem a bit too similar to some others, like Revenant's. aside from her 4 though, I liked what I saw. that Passive is gonna be kinda broken awesome with Quick Thinking!

22 minutes ago, Xhobract said:

You people should not be so quick to judge her 4 (or any of her other abilities) too harshly yet. We still lack info.

Some suggest her 4 should shoot spikes outwards, guess what, it does already when it ends. They just didn't mention it, but if you rewatch the stream you should see it clearly the first time she shows this ability. Just as they didn't mention what the "Label" counter means that pops up when she's in blender mode. Although I understand the anxiety after Revenant and Khora...

True it may have some more interactions but still they have given us the info they wanted us to give and we respond to what they wanted us to see.

Anyway anying "Dont judge" it isnt the point. DE wants us to judge! This is the point of this megathread. They want us to judge hell outta it soe they gather feedback and decide what we want.

So we have to judge

just posted my opinion in another thread when i noticed this one....guess ill drop a link in case anyone wants to read and comment on it since this thread seems like a better place to leave it but i really dont want to do a straight copy+paste so....

click me : )

Edited by Xydeth

2 hours ago, JuicyButthurt said:

While a huge blender of unlimited blade works, the execution left a bit to be desired if my personal taste is to be of any value.

As such, I would like to propose a few changes to Garuda's 4th ability that would make the ability more appealing, at least to my personal preferences; in ascending order of complexity:

The floating animation while channelling the ability, I personally don't find it particularly appealing or fitting the character. Instead I'd suggest to make her slowly but graciously march ahead in a "come at me bro" pose alike to this:

tDwxGx5.png

Be truthful with us JBH.  You know it's really because that picture/scene is just awesome. 😁 

Agree with every single word.

- Hope her 1 will be 100% execute

- Ball need to look more liquid like Vladimir's from League of Legends

- 2 makes you stay in one place which is meh

- 3 HP loss is too much and I get the same result with Rage on high levels

- 4... awfull

- Like your passive idea. Blood orb as a passive that collects the blood sounds soo Elegant/Noble

26 minutes ago, Lierce said:

I meant like a melee weapon with long range.  Visually, she would swing her hand and her claw blades would float in front of her and do a swiping motion.

O man this sounds cool. Like manipulating flying swords by her will.

This is one of the Elegant fragment she needs 🙂

- passive seems great, I hope DE let it synergise with Quick Thinking so that we can run around with max damage all the time. it's certainly a possibility, especially when she can drain her health for energy on command.

- first ability might be slightly weak, shield abilities are useless unless thye can account for AoE and elemental atacks, which they usually don't. i don't see it being used any more than Volt's Riot Shield.

-  the impaling thing is pretty damn awesome, and I'm all for self-healing abilities, though maybe letting it affect allies wouldn't have been a terrible idea.

- draining health for energy is also pretty interesting, and might have some very interesting synergies with mods like Quick Thinking and Rage, not to mention how it will synergize with her 2. not sure if DE outright said they intend her to be super tanky, but she looks that way.

- her ult is maybe a bit derivative in that it's another AoE wiping mode, but it looked absolutely awesome, like a true queen of flying blades! if Nyx and Ash had an edgy baby that's what it would be capable of!

overall, some more tweaks could be done, but I think she's set to be the best frame yet IMO.