Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

3 hours ago, Me.Church said:

The ult is far too similar to Revenant's ult.

The health siphoning ability is basically a single Nezha impalement with a sort of Nidus-like Link.

The shield is clever but is also a mix of Volt's shield and Nova's Antimatter Drop (why in God's name though, does antimatter drop move so ridiculously slow towards enemies while Garuda's ball moves so quickly?). 

The ability where you can reduce your health is kinda unique, but isnt that just like Inaros' Scarab armor? Instead of armor, you're gaining power strength with Garuda.

Based on what I saw, I don't rly like her abilities. I really get the feeling that they tried hard to create some good synergy between the abilities, and that's great and all. But there's far too much recycled content here for a frame that's supposed to be unique in its theme and gameplay. Its gore yes, but not really elegance imo and more could have been done to bring up the elegant aspect of the frame and give her actual uniqueness.

Seems as lackluster as Revenant, but that's just my opinion.

Antimatter drop moves slowly because you can shoot into it and deal more damage. If it moved super fast you’d never hit it.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I like her as is.

you use her 1 to redirect damage into a scaling version of antimatter drop that Heals you, you use your two to recover from using your 3 as well as helping teammate hold down a choke point. And her 4 will be if you just need everything to die right now.

I like her 1 but the shield has no elegance to it - if it were to give her a blood cloak that acted similarly to Nezha's shield with all blocked damage being sent to the orb, aesthetically it would be nicer and not leave her exposed to attack. She could also get multiple orbs to charge up too.

The 3 is useful as team support, she plays a sort of offensive version of Trinity. Maybe allow for multiple pillars to be placed?

Her 4 is where a lot of Tenno on Reddit are having trouble with, myself included. There was the thought of Virgil of DMC or Hela of Thor when it was advertised. What was shown did match expectations I suspect.

Given these thoughts of projectile combat with her 4 - melee and glaive mods suit the purpose. Relentless combination from bleed procs. Whirlwind to send out many blades much faster - perhaps even rebound to send them to attack other foes nearby

In todays dev stream we got to see Garuda the gracefully gore inspired warframe. Her first ability was good a shield that absorbs damage and allows you to send it out in a AoE burst of damage, her second ability allowing her to heal herself and allies for what looks like a lot without mods, which i would say gives her a possible spot as a support which we need more of (3 out of like 36 are actually mainly supports and oberon is a support/paladin hybrid but just barely more support). And her third allows her to shed her health to boost damage and gain energy, with the new damage reduction mod i could see it being sort of useful actually. But then we get to her 4th...oh god it looks stupid, and it actually feels wrong but more on that later, She is so rigid for hovering in the air causing a blade storm. I mean what about the early on set of rigor mortis screams elegant. I made this post not to bash how her 4th looks but to instead say it doesn't sit well with me. It feels like a Revenant 4th clone to me. Now i feel that he blades should be more elegant. The only way i can imagine something other than having a valkyr clone that has a prettier melee combo is to have it do something like Nezha's Blazing Chakram. Having the blades elegantly weave through enemies like sewing needles through fabric sounds nice. Which sounds more elegant, Darude BladeStorm or Blades dancing through enemies. Now as far as something to make them different, idk maybe have them steal a certain percent of an enemies health and stack it as damage for the next hit. But i feel that the DE team would be able to come up with a synergy that would be thematically, mechanically, and visually awesome. I'd like to hear other people's thought on Garuda's 4th and i hope that DE Sees this and any other articles and changes at the vary least her animation for her 4th.

Too much blood. I meant, it looks cool but it covers way too much that it may look bad with bright colors and extensive fashionframe.

Also, her 4 is the only 1 i have problems with. As steve said, the fx are too much, but the ability itself isn't that original. Just another inaors 3, or nyx chaos, but it actually kills.

i'm sorry to say that i'm not impressed with garuda's ability...

i'm not saying that i'm not impressed on her ability can do. those are amazingly in lines with her gore theme

but i'm not impressed on how the ability is presented.. or animated.

she got the name, garuda, a bird. she got the figure of a dancer, she got the equipment for a bird theme dance (here "claw").

so please animate her ability as if she was dancing... 

"peacock dance", 'cendrawasih dance", "bird of paradise" and many other dancing bird and bird theme dance can be a preference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4DwHNk1j5E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7lfeMG5NoU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWfyw51DQfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbLpZn4B7b0

Edited by novalery

First time writing in the forum, Have a few observation i would like to share,

Looks great at first glance very stylish, and needs some more work to make it more fun and pleasing to look at.

The claw pounce ability should not be a single cast ability, it should have a combo for multiple casts ( SEE WOLVERINE ORIGIN THE GAME pounce move )

the self damaging blood bath should spread some blood and debuff all nearby mobs with toxin effect (very large area)

The Impale should impale 4 mobs and put them in a square formation ( giving a feeling of a blood ritual ) ( lets call it "blood pool" for now )
As time goes by it may drain a bit more energy and the blood spires become bigger and taller. it may prioritize mobs with effects for added attributes .

Casting the Blood shield inside the "blood pool" will give it a damage return property. And will empower the blood orb even more.

i think the blood orb "HADOKEN" should do a blood nova on impact not just fizzle out. Its was very anticlimactic like Arelion sol form League of legends .
it should cause a beautiful blood nova on impact and knock back all enemies from the center.( lets call it "blood bomb" )
if  cast inside the blood pool the blood bomb hold over head should charge directly from the spires ,  (will make it look way cooler and will charge way faster)
if the enemies hanging from the spire are effected by toxin , the blood bomb nova will also spread toxin .

And about the Ultimate, this one i have problem with the most.
i know we all want our favorite frame to be all powerful but making it lack character is not the way to go.
This frame looks awesome so please let us see her and the blades.
Make the blades spin way slower and not all blades spin at the same speed.
this is making her act like a blender, yes keep the same idea but don't make it look this boring.
I agree with ROB (aggp) give her a sassy slow walk. while the blades spin at varying speeds some slow , some fast so we get to see a spectacle.
low movement speed can be covered up by slowly increasing vacuum range as time goes.
While Ultimate is active, The claw pounce ability will become large claw swipes applying slash effects and executing and dismembering low life mobs and heal her in the process.
the blood bomb may be also cast while in the ultimate , in that case it will act as a finisher and will knock back all the enemies pulled in by the vacuum . knock back depends upon charge time.

this is what i can bring from the top of my head.
we can surely improve upon this .
this frame looks very promising and with a lot of new players joining we should try our best to make this frame a new standard for warframe .

-Long time fan.

Edited by FackNinjA

i am so...... disappointingly surprised that they made garuda's 4 the same exact ability as revenant's 4 with different visuals. i was hoping so so so so much for exalted claws but that would steal valkyr's thunder i guess but WHY WOULD YOU SHOWCASE THEM IN SUCH A TEMPTING WAY AND NOT ALLOW US TO USE THEM????? and as other people have already said, she feels so. slow. hopefully they can rethink her uh. "kit". and by kit i mean her 4. i mean i should really stop getting my hopes up for new warframes at this point because like, truly, it's definitely getting challenging to design something new and fresh when so many strong concepts have already been implemented. then again, there are fan weapons which look similar to garuda's claw things, so an exalted weapon may not be totally out of the picture, but i'm not on the design team. but hey, a fella can dream

Garuda's design shows that people who are responsible for designing warframes for Warframe don't actually play Warframe with any existing warframes (or other equipment). Any polearm with decent status chance, hell, any weapon with range greater than sparring, equipped with healing return, makes Garuda obsolete.

Edit: Okay, that turned a bit negative. How about something positive and constructive.

Garuda has awesome visual design. She looks athletic and has huge metal claws. Let me rip enemies with them! Instead of hiding behind shields or dancing around impaled enemies.

[1] needs animation speed increased by at least 100%

Hitting enemies affected with [2] with her [1] should spread [2] to surrounding enemies. 50 energy for a single-target CC just doesn't cut it in modern Warframe

[3] is just... no. Make it akin to vex armor or something, but get rid of this awful counter-synergy. And of passive.

[4] should be made into exalted claws. Khora was already robbed of exalted whip (though I kinda like how she turned out in the end), but Garuda has these claws right on her model.

Edited by Nyaa314

While I'm disappointed her shield is directional, especially considering her fragility with passive use, we have several omni-directional barriers so I could live with that.

Her 4 is extremely boring in its current state though. It needs an active component to keep the player interest. Instead of floating, leave us with normal mobility, allow use of her 1 to jump into groups of enemies, then have the 4 blend them and generate the thrown blood orb. More enemies blended, more damage poured into the orb. This makes her 4 passive while you actively jump around into groups and throwing orbs at ones you don't want to jump to.

4 minutes ago, Mambacore said:

i am so...... disappointingly surprised that they made garuda's 4 the same exact ability as revenant's 4 with different visuals. i was hoping so so so so much for exalted claws but that would steal valkyr's thunder i guess but WHY WOULD YOU SHOWCASE THEM IN SUCH A TEMPTING WAY AND NOT ALLOW US TO USE THEM????? and as other people have already said, she feels so. slow. hopefully they can rethink her uh. "kit". and by kit i mean her 4. i mean i should really stop getting my hopes up for new warframes at this point because like, truly, it's definitely getting challenging to design something new and fresh when so many strong concepts have already been implemented. then again, there are fan weapons which look similar to garuda's claw things, so an exalted weapon may not be totally out of the picture, but i'm not on the design team. but hey, a fella can dream

Exalted weapons are a perfect dichotomy of how Warframe tends to work - pristine and exact control over how we play the frame or it is a press 4 to win... which is exactly what DE don't want yet have implementated with Revenant and highly likely with Garuda.

Not every frame needs an exalted weapon, but those that do need them; they must shine.

The Excalibur rework is a perfect example of such things - press 4 to win to a slightly more active play style.

Same can be said for Mesa.

Both Revenant and Garuda would both benefit from the exalted weapon.

Revenant with the God Ray from the Gantulyst and Garuda with spears from Hela.

This would also make them easier to balance since there is already a system in place for them.

The only standing issue is weapons being stat sticks for other frames with melee potential - Atlas and Khora

1 minute ago, Kelshiso said:

While I'm disappointed her shield is directional, especially considering her fragility with passive use, we have several omni-directional barriers so I could live with that.

Her 4 is extremely boring in its current state though. It needs an active component to keep the player interest. Instead of floating, leave us with normal mobility, allow use of her 1 to jump into groups of enemies, then have the 4 blend them and generate the thrown blood orb. More enemies blended, more damage poured into the orb. This makes her 4 passive while you actively jump around into groups and throwing orbs at ones you don't want to jump to.

Defense is certainly what she needs.

I am more along the lines of Nezha shield as her 1 with it gaining health/healing the barrier on tapping the 1.

Said ability can generate multiple orbs to charge and use in combat.

This would give damage reduction along with further control over the way she is able to survive with using her 3 whilst using her 1 as a second barrier.

Her 4 needs to be Hell of Thor - flying blades. I saw on Reddit someone describe it as peacemaker with blades.

So long as we are interacting with the character in a reasonable manner (see Revenant 4 for what I think is unreasonable/boring) we should be ok.

Garuda's abilities:

1. So Volt + Gore? The shield should at least be able to be used by friendlies. Seems like it should be something cooler mechanics wise.

2. Again, no team heal at all? No buffs or anything, just another frame that can heal itself and only itself? (Please don't band-aid with augments. Please.)

3. Again another chance to give energy to teammates through sacrificing your own health. Even a minor pulse of energy would be nice.

4. More Revenant? It needs something else to make it better. She should summon it and the damage it does should heal teammates over time by a small amount. 

TL;DR Garuda needs some team play added to her abilities. 

I was expecting a frame of elegance and brutality. A blender is not elegant, though it can be brutal. Her other powers seem fine, directional shield(odonata power 1), turning an enemy into a AoE heal(well of life but better), or reduce health to gain energy, which honestly THIS should be her passive. Make her current passive into her power 3 and simply make it so she gets energy per kill when her HP gets low instead of just gaining bonus damage.

Her ultimate...too much like rev, nyx, inaros, as people have mentioned. I would be 100% fine if  DE held her back and gave her a exalted ultimate, or even something like Ash's old or new blade storm. Actually i'd prefer the new blade storm thinking about it, tap 4, mark targets for energy cost, tap 4 again and it sends out blades of blood like titania's razor wings to marked enemies until they die or duration runs out, rinse and repeat.

I know it's a little bit late but here's my suggestion on Garuda's skills:

Overall i don't think she's in the wrong path, she just needs some few tweaks:

The first skill: Make her invulnerable for about 2-3 secs, in order to have a window time to protect yourself (Taking cover, aiming the shield, etc.).

The mutilation skill: Looks good enough, but what if she could gain that buff from killing enemies instead...? Like, 150% buff after 50 enemies killed or something, like, activating the skill allows you to store the damage you've dealt for a period of time, the more damage you do, the harder you will hit (with like 20secs of duration after activation).

The impaling/siphoning skill: It would be nice if she could get some kind of blood shield after she regained all her health, just like overshields.

And... The 4th...: Well, I got two ideas; one, that after pressing 4 she controls her 8 blades (from her talons/claws) to hover around her and follow her (maybe adding additional defense, deflecting projectiles or something) but, having a mechanic where if you press 4 again she launches one single blade to where you're aiming; when pressing 4 more than one second, she releases all of the blades rapidly where you're aiming, the less blades you have around you, the less protection you will have (quite simple) Also, maybe make such blades pierce enemies and the more enemies they go through, the more damage they deal. I hope i explained myself correctly.  

-The second idea is to make her go full speed attacking all enemies within a radius extremely fast (with her talons) it could be a "charging skill" just like mesas', the more you leave the skill active, the faster she will go (also with increasing damage).

Edited by Valiael
Simplifying the text