Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

I personally think her 4th should be exalted throwing knives. It could synergize with her shield such as a guaranteed slash proc when thrown through them. In addition her passive instead of how low her hp is could be a scaling damage buff based on the number of bleeding enemies nearby. just a thought.

i know they are still in development and she looks pretty great but i would just like to give my feedback and how to maybe make her abilities more fluent 

her 1

u never really see her other claw used and i don't really like how it looks, garuda should have one ability were she really uses her claws

i suggest they should do is make it so that u can keep attacking with with this and she uses both of her claws, and be doing that u stack damage and the and give your shield additional health kinda like Nidus, and the u can hold the ability to release and area of effect explosion around u, the should should also be and aura around her of bold that gives her 90% damage reduction or less maybe.

her 2

is good but it would be cool if u could get an orb/drone that flies beside u  and sucks health from enemies around here damaging them this should not be one at the time helping u do damage and giving u life back and this should maybe be instead of the spire.

3 is good 

4 i like to see that u maybe could shot some of those blades at enemies wile u are using it, and it looks kinda static

Copied from another thread I wrote on.

Her passive should be of health lost and slash procs for a duration rather than flat percent; think of losing 35% hp - passive is now 135% lasting 30 seconds to a minute until overwritten by a same or stronger buff of the passive.

Ramping damage bonus from lost health should scale from base health - if vitality is equiped, scaling increases by X (maybe 4.4 but that is probably unreasonable).

Thirdly, let her apply consistent slash procs - the lower her health, the more slash procs she applies.

Overall, her passive would:

- give damage scaling lasting a duration based on health lost, further granting more above the base amount.

- increasing applied forced slash procs based on her health. Eg. 1 slash proc at 90%+ hp, 2 slash procs at 80%+ hp (whatever is reasonably balanced).

Her 1 should be a personal AoE shield rather than blocking in a single direction - think blood and bone armour or perhaps give her a cloak of blood as that is far more elegant.

Have it somewhat like Nezha's shield with damage reduction and it's own health pool - damage that wasn't taken from the 90% reduction is infused with the blood orbs.

Allow this health pool to 'heal' and increase through use of the 1.

Using the 1 grants up to X blood orbs. 

Now that block shield isn't obscuring combat (not the most elegant of shields...) and she can use multiple blood orbs.

2 should skewer said foe multiple times, allowing for it to float besides her to give her health as a mobile health pack. If a mobile health pack is too much, simply let more than one for be skewered - said foes can then be exploded for extra damage/a burst of healing if in the area with holding the 2 key.

3 with synergy of the passive needs something else - maybe extra health regeneration or over shield to get her in the fight and keep her there. Perhaps giving more barrier based on health lost/energy generated in synergy with her 1 to give her large amounts of damage based of her health?

If her 4 becomes something akin to Hela, let her send out a wave of spears upon using the skill, bleed proccing foes - damage scaling of the health lost too?

I guess for her 4, many people were expecting Hela myself included - using the mouse to direct the blades, that could be one way to bring out such a concept to direct the spears/blades. If she is going the exalted weapon route, relentless combination for melee and whirlwind of the glaive work perfectly for her

I don't really like her ultimate, I'd much rather have the blades float around her like the Itzal drones instead so we can still move around and fight freely. And she needs some way to prevent certain death, I say, alongside extra damage she should also take reduced damage based on health.

For garuda's abilities,

There should be some synergy between her 1 and the other abilities in my opinion.

Something like: If the blood orb is active, the healing from her 2 should be convertid in to damage on the orb or more explosion range.Same with the casting of her 3.

Like most people are saying, the 4 just feels like revenants 4.

My idea for this would be:

Here 4 should should be changed to some kind of exalted weapon or state. Which would increase her speed,damage, melee range, and would proc slash damage.

The slash damage in this state would again increase the damage/range on her blood orb, or mabye increase the duration of the shield.

This way you don't have to use her 2 for survivabiliy, making you able to survive on low hp for longer ( for her passive).

This would be the 1st time i am disappointed by DEVSTREAM, Garuda skills are ugly, weird, feels not as cool as other frame. Its a wasted potential. 

If DE is going with bloody theme, then here's my suggestion of her skills :

1.) Her original #1 is bad, i propose changing it into this:

when she KILLED an enemy with her claws, it creates a "NEKROS TERRIFY" aoe. affected enemies covered in blood, stop attacking, fleeing from players, and armor reduced. Enemy not dead from #1 will bleed, slowed down, and reduced armor,  but the aoe wont trigger. Also this skill should be able to be spammed like ATLAS #1.

2.) Garuda impales enemies by throwing her set of claws from one of her hand like spears to enemies, impaled enemies can't move, up to 8 to 10 enemies can be affected. This skill can only be performed once for each hand, performing this skill while no claws on her(or holding #2 anytime) will cause her claws return to each hands. The returned claws add percentage of enemies armor/shield to her claws attacks (2 charges), and she wont be able to use her claws if they aren't returned yet. 

3.) Garuda enters vampiric mode, continously draining her health while increasing her power strength, on deactivation, the accumulated power strength will gradually dissipate over time, during this time, all of her claw attacks have life strike. 

4.) i was thinking about exalted type of claws, yes i know we have valkyr, but i think we can have a different stance for Exalted Garuda Talons. 

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

I had wanted something like this:

Passive- Garuda naturally leeches life with melee attacks. Some small amount, nice but not too strong.

1- Garuda leaps forward and knocks target to ground as well as attack them. If this kills an enemy target Garuda can activate it a second time for no cost to leap to another target by your cursor dealing bonus damage to it.

2- Garuda throws out a tether and latches herself to a surface. The camera rotates and that surface is now the ground for with increasing energy costs. Must be a surface present, cannot cast it on the sky. (only way this wouldn't work is if surfaces are coded the same as boundaries of the map, sad)

3- Garuda spins around attacking everything in an aoe around her. Enemies hit are pulled towards her and are dealt slash procs.

4- Garuda brings her claws to bear, channeling exalted weapon. Each attack she procs high damage infinitely stackable slash status but deals no outright damage. When 4 is deactivated all the damage stacked on the slash procs compound and the damage is instantly dealt to ALL targets that were marked by her special slash procs. All damage to all targets. The more targets she hits and the more slash procs were applied the greater the damage dealt when 4 is deactivated.

Il y a 4 heures, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

I like her as is.

you use her 1 to redirect damage into a scaling version of antimatter drop that Heals you, you use your two to recover from using your 3 as well as helping teammate hold down a choke point. And her 4 will be if you just need everything to die right now.

And while you use your two to recover from your three, the passive is lost, bad synergy there.

So you'll mutilate yourself in order to deal more damage and heal straight after in order to lose the damage ?

Edited by Maryph

And I'm just glad they're releasing a frame that looks like it will be fully functional and possibly even a little over-powered initially that will then be tuned back as people find its limits.

Because the last two new releases were a mess at the start due to people mucking around with their base inspiration and mechanics late into development.

Argue about the animations when you've actually played her to find out what's actually practical.

Just now, Maryph said:

And while you use your two to recover from your three, the passive is lost, bad synergy there.

Synergy is where it is at.

Some way to stagger the buff of lost health while being able to regain it is a little riddle unto itself.

3 minutes ago, SilverRook said:

Revenant 2.0 ? 

Only the ult really - Rev needs his own rework.

Check my post history for it.

Revenant and Garuda suffer the same fate the exalted weapons would fix. Now not every frame needs an exalted weapon, but every frame that has an exalted weapon needs to match theme and combat style.

11 minutes ago, Maryph said:

So you'll mutilate yourself in order to deal more damage and heal straight after in order to lose the damage ?

Like an incomplete version of Harrow, with health instead of shields... only his buffs stay active, which is a problem with Garuda.

Her 1 is fine in principle, I just don't like the visuals... not visceral enough. What happened to THIS meat shield?

DhhJ6sHWkAA4eKE.jpg&key=5755ae36bb2dcbd4

5 minutes ago, WarBaby2 said:

Like an incomplete version of Harrow, with health instead of shields... only his buffs stay active, which is a problem with Garuda.

Her 1 is fine in principle, I just don't like the visuals... not visceral enough. What happened to THIS meat shield?

DhhJ6sHWkAA4eKE.jpg&key=5755ae36bb2dcbd4

That pic makes me think of the eviseration of her 1st ability and showing her demeanor rather than the tankiness

Shield wise, I think a cloak of blood would be more thematic - chunks and gibs of enemies aren't elegant, such things are closer to Valkyr rather than Garuda imo

Watching Devstream 118 and seeing Garuda was great but one thing I would add is that her 2 also charges up her blood orb thing from her 1. It doesn’t really make sense when you’re siphoning blood and it doesn’t go to the orb as well. Maybe cut the healing back while the orb is charging and when your health is all the way full the orb charges faster than not to balance it out? I feel like that would promote more use for her 1. 

Edited by xXYogiBear

Since her first 3 abilities are pretty focused and intense (require constant input and focus from the player), her 4 ability should be something that doesn't detract or inhibit the player from using them, since it's her her core combos that are important for both the damage output and survival. Which is why I don't think that a channel, which makes you slower and more vulnerable to ranged fire (since you can't really defend yourself or dodge it while using it), makes much sense for her. Especially since it seems she'll be really hard to play in high level missions, and entering a channel like this probably means you'll die a few seconds later.

Instead it should be a semi-passive, buffing or environmental ability, that you only use occasionally and which synergizes with her core abilities. I have two ideas:

- upon casting her ultimate, Garuda summons x levitating blades (not too many, 2-4 perhaps) around her that on a regular interval lash out and strike adjacent enemies. If she reactivates the ability again, she launches one of these blades in a target direction, penetrating through and impaling all enemies hit by it. Optionally create a smaller, weaker version of blood fountain from enemies that get killed by this projectile. Remember that scene from witcher 3 when Triss levitates a flaming sword and shoots it through a wild hunt warrior? Yeah, let us do that here

- upon casting her ultimate, Garuda covers all the walls and floors with blood and gore. Body parts everywhere, blood waterfalling down the stairs, the whole package. Enemies standing in it are weakened (slowed, reduced dmg or sth like that) while Garuda gets some kind of unique additional effect on her abilities or on enemy kills. The issue with this ability is that while thematically cool (gore everywhere), it's kinda boring and seems identical to other similar "create environment" abilities on other frames like Nidus or Oberon. But it should be enough considering how much casting you'll be doing with first 3 abilities.

Edited by Kaldo

Seems like I’m the only one who thought she was cool? Not perfect but fun.

only tweaks I can suggest are:

passive: this seems more like a Valk thing? I would expect Garuda to get more calm as damaged, you can express this by either slightly slowing enemies or slightly increasing her speed.

1: it needs to guarantee a kill against light units. Maybe change the visuals? Not sure the shield fits the theme, why not just cover her in blood?

4. Don’t make it floaty. Love the blades and all but let us run around normally, maybe restricting her to melee or bringing those claws into play, enlarging and extending them.