Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

Just saying, the name of this skill needs to be "Bladestorm,"

Then we have Garuda Razorstorm to make the memes become truths

Please DE, I've never asked for anything (today)

Anyway, sit down and relax the rest of the day.

Spoiler

MV5BNGIyNmI0ZWItYzQ1YS00Mzk4LTk5ZmEtNTZk

Edit: Bladestorm > Razorstorm (curses on u, Ash...)

Edited by ZukeZima

Well, the similarity of the abilities has been discussed. But back to the idea of Garuda: Blood and Grace. DE indeed achieved the bloody impression, but how about grace? the actions she releasing an ability does not leave a graceful impression for me. I believe this is important because if we think about former warframes, the first thing we can think of is the overall image. For example, Rhino; as his name suggested, he is acting like one: able bear under heavy fire and strick back. An overall impression is a heavy unit. Abilities may be similar but it is the impression that every warframe gives us made them different. I hope the staffs can manage to achieve their initial idea.

On 2018-10-19 at 8:03 PM, Ace4573 said:

I have a new idea for Garuda's four,  Maybe if her giant claws on her arms grew and she threw them in every direction dealing high slash damage  and they would gradually grow back too as well after using it. It could also synergize with her one when she sacrifices some health to deal even more slash damage.

Yeah, that's better, what if 4 is a continuous ability? She can attack with her giant claw, like Valkry does, and she can throw spikes towards enemies, which will require aiming by players.

From the latest devstream Garuda's abilities were displayed.  I am not a fan of her 4 and have a suggestion of my own. I believe this synegizes well with her kit and will function much better than her current "press 4 and done" bladestorm.

"Sanguine Singularity" - Pulls targets within 25-30 meters onto yourself (Nidus#2 style) and impale them on Garuda's elbow-razors like a porcupine.  Deals medium damage and life-steals half of damage dealt, to synergize with her current 3. Single cast, no duration, no channeling.

Synergies:

-Garuda could easily use her 3 to get energy, and combo it into Sanguine Singularity to pull enemies into melee range and heal herself. 

-This also functions well with her #1 by pulling targets into melee range so she can gore them at her pleasure.

-Garuda's healing spike is also synergized well (I forgot the name of that skill.) By pulling enemies to herself, Garuda could stay within her healing zone.

Garuda looks great but the third do nothing, life for energy, you can use zenurik, efficiency and pizzas for that, at least you can do balance method to obtain energy, and the passive enter in conflict with trinity, oberon, khora, nekros and nezha. And have 0 sinergy with her 1 and 2.  

The passive and her 3 are really bad. Because are easily useless. 

Her 4 it´s fine only need more interaction, no other 4 and go to stay afk 30 minutes. 

Edited by (PS4)robi191291

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

you can use zenurik, efficiency and pizzas for that

Her entire thing is trading life for increased damage, power in blood. A shield to protect a presumably low life level in a fight. Energy in return for spending life... to gain more damage. Imagine not using Zenurik, like lots of people, and still getting Energy. Imagine not burning through pizzas. Imagine playing the game differently.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

the passive enter in conflict with trinity, oberon, khora, nekros and nezha

You called her 3 useless, even though it explicitly counters your passive "concern" and will give her more Energy.

hace 8 minutos, peterc3 dijo:

You called her 3 useless, even though it explicitly counters your passive "concern" and will give her more Energy.

Enter in conflict with these warframes because give you hp, so the passive it´s nothing. 

Sorry but i don´t want that garuda will be a warframe of solo. 

Give energy it´s something, but there is much more interesting things. 

to be honest i don't think her 3 is useless but yeah i kinda want more from a 3rd tier ability... this is just a prototype though it's not the final version. revenant looked very boring and not very useful when they 1st showed him but later they changed his 4 and made changes to his other abilities and his final version is great!

Edited by (PS4)awsomegamerLA1

Afais no one likes Garuda's 4, me either, and if there is someone who somehow likes it then he need some help, please for sake of game, change it.

She can be delayed, there is a lot of stuff going on with Fortuna, whatever, we get it.
A delayed frame is eventually good, but rushed frame is forever bad.

I would replace it with exalted weapon...

...also I would change her 1, pseudo Volt shield, lame.

Since I got moved: This is an idea for her 4th ability.

Exsanguinate

You activate and are surrounded by spine blades every time you hit with melee a spine impales the target (does not CC) increasing damage done to the target by 5% and causing it to hemorrhage blood which heals you and when the target dies it explodes doing a percentage of its total life within 2 meters.

Affected by range and duration mods.

Edited by Malevento
post moved

1 hour ago, (PS4)awsomegamerLA1 said:

to be honest i don't think her 3 is useless but yeah i kinda want more from a 3rd tier ability... this is just a prototype though it's not the final version. revenant looked very boring and not very useful when they 1st showed him but later they changed his 4 and made changes to his other abilities and his final version is great!

This is what Players should know. The Devs just showed us a Frame that won't come until next Month in the last Devstream so they have a lot of time working on her as a WIP Frame. So nothing is going to appear Finished yet. If Fortuna was coming earlier, then DE would've worked even harder on her abilities.

Also when it comes to builds for her, she might not be for Players who rely only on Meta builds because she uses Mechanics that no other Frame have (Built in Self Damage and energy Regen, Stealing life from a enemy while impaling them and not taking damage with her Shield up, throws a bloody ball that got charged up with her Shield up and have a Damage buff from her Passive when you damage yourself Passively ) and a Blade like Absorb that she can still let her Move and throws out blades in a AOE. So she don't really need Rage/Hunter Adrenaline and maybe make Quick Thinking a useful mod to use as a Fail Save. Garuda could make madurai a better Focus since she won't be having energy Problems. She would definitely not be Valkyr too from what i saw in the Devstream since she needs to manage her Health from Range and her Claws won't be a Exalted Weapon (if not at all) but her Scaling would be different though. Valkyr is mostly a fighter that be in the enemy's Face and her way of healing is with her Claws and Invincibility.

Edited by VPrime96

2 hours ago, Frost_King said:

I agree for the most part @Synpai I think Korha had the same problem as Gaurda is having in terms of theme tying into the frame, I still wish Korha had her large exalted whip for her 4th ability, Problem is DE already made Valkyr, so if they do flip her claws around to go all Ashey-Slashy people are just going to point to Valkyr and say it's been done.

Yet they continue to create (literally, this time) analogues to Valkyr... besides, nobody says an exalted weapon needs to only come into play with an ultimate ability...

On 2018-10-11 at 3:36 AM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

So, with Fortuna right around the corner and having yet to see a glimpse of how Garuda will perform, I want to share some slight requests.

Primarily, the reason for this post stems from the fact that the more recent Warframes don't quite offer something that really makes that character feel unique. Khora has a generic damage dealing first and Nidus' Larva as a second skill. Venari is her redeeming factor and, sadly, is underwhelming. Revenant has Nyx's Mind Control, Iron Skin on steroids, Tidal Surge and pre-fix Peacemaker.

With that out of the way, my hopes are that Garuda not only performs well, but also feels unique and even though she is probably near completion, I am hoping for the following:

Reveal hidden contents

Passive: Being a Warframe centered around predatory bird/slaughter, I was thinking on how the more she kills, the deadlier she gets (increased movement speed and critical chance?). The bonus is boosted if enemies are torn apart. You can view this "Bloodlust" gauge like you do with Mutation Stacks, Spores etc.

Abilities: Here's the tricky part. With sooo many Warframes currently ingame, coming up with something unique that doesn't extrapolate to other frame's territory is quite complicated. What I have in mind for her kit is the following:

1. Bird of Prey: Basically, you toggle the ability and mark enemies with a (larger) reticle similar to Ash's. An enemy that receives this mark will become Garuda's prey. Killing your prey will contribute to her Bloodlust passive (in an enhanced form) and she will gain energy if dispatched with firearms, or health if killed with melee attacks. Allies also benefit from this skill (to give her some teamwork capabilities)

2. Raptor's Strike: Garuda uses the talons on her forearms to eviscerate her opponents. Tap causes her to deliver two quick slices in an X shape; hold will instead cause her to swoop to a targeted enemy and strike, inflicting damage and a bleed proc. Initiates a Finisher against enemies marked by Bird of Prey, energy is refunded if the prey is killed. Damage scales with melee mods. Should have high critical stats and damage, but low status.

3. Hawk's Vision: A perception-based ability that enhances Garuda's vision. Allowing her to see potential prey through walls and bestowing punch-through on all of her firearms. Against unalerted enemies, aside from revealing them through walls, it will also show enemy pathways. Allowing Garuda to predict where her enemy will be, to maximize her killing potential while remaining unseen.

4. Apex Predator: A self buff ability in which Garuda manifests her sanguine and cunning behaviour to its full extent. Apex Predator increases damage, speed, acrobatics, critical stats, power efficiency, increases knockdown and stagger recovery speeds. Slaughtering enemies in this enhanced state will cause them to drop Predatory Marks. These marks can be picked up by allies to grant them increased critical damage. However, the inability to obtain kills within a certain time period will cancel Apex Predator and put it on cooldown (very short, like ten seconds). I envision this skill to turn her into the ultimate predator: deadly, fast, relentless, merciless. Failure to withhold those traits, leads to a premature cancel of the ability. 

Okay so to adress this first thing... Yes their abilities might seem similiar at first glance but are different at their core. We have few pupeteers thats what I will use as examples.

1. Nyx takes control of 1 enemy and boosts its health and damage creating 1 super soldier whose stats depend on the mindcontroled enemy.

2. Nekros kills enemies and then summons them as his own army, buffs their HP and damage but much less than Nyx and their HP drains over time instead of having timer like Nyx´s soldier. And what differs his ability even more is the augment that transforms the revived enemies into meat shield for Nekros.

3. Revenant marks enemy that then marks other enemies. He doesnt buff those enemies but upon their death they spawn a trap that can be exploded by his 4th ability.

So when you really thing about it those abilities do the same at first glance but when their purpose is completely different at the core. You mustnt generalize those abilities too much otherwise everything will feel as the same (example everything is AoE, DoT,.....)

Yes its true that some of the abilities or their parts have the same function but other part of that ability or its purpose is what makes it different at the core and thats what matters. And theres other part to this some people want some abilities of other frames (iron skin, exalted blade,....) but dont like the rest of the kit so this might make ideal frame for them. And its not a problem since we dont have something like kitguns or zaws in form of warframes and most likely never will.

Edited by butka1998

It's no lie that the newest upcoming warframe is uninspired to the point where all of her skills are basically just re-skins of other warframe skills. 

Firstly let's list out her uninspired skills: 

She lunges at an enemy slashing them to kill them the same skill posterboy does and created a shield after same as volt

She puts an enemy on a spike similar to what nezha does

She spins around and does insane amount of damage to those in range same as revenant

Honestly her only unique skill is the one where she reduces her own health to gain a buff... OH WAIT INAROS ALREADY DOES THAT

NOW

See those blade wings tenno?

latest?cb=20180828012800 

Do you notice how incredibly deadly they look? Do you wish she could utilize it more at the same time still keeping her blood and gore theme? Well here's a number of things Devs could do to make her more appealing IMO all of which revolves around only 1 of her skills:

1. She could throw her wing blades and "tag" multiple enemies within an arc forcing them to bleed and when they die guarantees they'll burst into chunks of flesh this would work well of there's a loot nekros in the party

2. Blade spires Garuda jumps up (or can be used mid air) and places her blade wings either in a line or in a circle, enemies who pass through or gets hit bleed and while bleeding gives Garuda health

3. Blood bombs (charge to create, tap to detonate manually) amount of bombs created is affected by str, each charge consumes a chunk of Garuda's health, when they explode they send blood spikes and blood blades in every direction either impaling enemies or slashing them.

4. Razor wings, literally just exalted blade wings similar to how Archangel from Marvel Comics uses his

While I do agree my ideas might use some work themselves, but at least IMO it's better than current Garuda

Changes to Garuda's 4th should wait til after she and Fortuna drop, just to keep things from being delayed further.

First and foremost, the current problem with her ultimate is that it's very limiting in a way that promotes an inactive playstyle DE has said they wish to move away from. People think it's boring. We'd like to be able to do other things besides just move around a bit while a skill is active. 

Secondly, it's ultimate feels too similar to other abilities in game. I feels like a shorter ranged version of Rev's ultimate which suffers from the same problem, and has the same general look as Nyx's ultimate with some blades thrown in, and appears to act much like Gara's Splinter Storm.

People keep coming up with solutions that are just reskins of other skills. have swords come out of the ground and spear every target - devine spears. Have it automatically attack every enemy in a medium range while allowing you to do everything else regularly -World of Fire. Have it so it damages nearby enemies but increases your damage the more it kills -gara-chroma.  make it an exalted claws but slightly different from valk... Make it an exalted weapon that launches blades in the direction you fire - mesa/excalibur.

Why not take a lot of those and mix them in, but with trigger conditions 😄

Her new Ultimate would be an augmentation of every action she does, in different ways.

Lets call it Blade Augmentation for now

It'll be a channeled ability that grants blade-like effects to your actions.

All the damage she does with her blades adds to her gore... perhaps gore stacks increase her damage?

the aura of swords does damage to any enemy that touches it, even if gara is doing nothing, it should only have a base range between 2 and 3m though.

It increases her aggro by 50%

While active while her 1 is active, she gains 50% DR (not affected by power str) as well as her shield, and when she casts her ball from her one, not only do you get the ball cast, but an aoe explosion of swords that radiate outwards like nyx's absorb deactivation. The more her 1 is charged, the more damage her swords do, too. The animation for the charge up with swords would have the swords come in closer to the body and multiply in number visually.

When casting her blood spire (2) while her 4 is active, not only will you get an enemy on a bloodspire, but enemies within a medium distance will get impaled on a sword for a medium amount of time. lets say base range 10m.

When casting her 3 while her 4 is active, while she does her spin, her aura of swords spins radially around her waist outwards in a large 20m aoe that does a slash proc equal to the health she consumed that lasts for 8 seconds, and staggers the enemies upon impact of the initial hit. 

When entering operator mode while her 4 is active, it causes the swords to expand outwards by 5m and spin faster, dealing more hits per second and expanding her 50% DR to any ally within her bubble.

Bulletjumping causes a slash proc

Hovering in the air in slow mode will cause an arial bombard to everything in a 90 degree LoS every 3 seconds.

heavy landing from falls will create a 4m round aoe that impales enemies

adds a slash damage additive buff to weapons thats an overlay like saryn's toxic lash. Starts at +5% damage +10% slash proc chance for guns, and +10% damage + 15% slash proc chance for weapons. damage and slash proc chance goes up  some, mabye up to 2x or 3x the base % max, the more gore stacks you have. Damage from your guns and melee will not contribute to gore stacks. 

Melee Slam attacks create an 8 meter impale that does slash damage equal to slam damage.

Getting downed, not sure on this one but either you consume your blood stacks to either increase your bleedout time or help towards recoving from bleedout, or your gore stacks all get released at once in a 20m aoe that does an 8 second slash proc, the more gore stacks you had, the bigger the slash proc. 

Deactivating the ability causes a 10m aoe slash proc affected by gore stacks.

Edited by Sannleikur

Was watching the devstream and some tubers and I was like that fourth ability needs a rework. I have a possible solution. I play enough to see an opportunity here for a unique team buff instead of whatever that spinning fountain was. 

Enter Blood Reign - In a pose similar to Excal, Garuda summons blood rains, think the opening scene of the Wesley Snipes Blade movie. No dancing no. Just pretty particles of driptasticness. 

Upon dispatching the enemy you are buffed for damage (red), armor (dark greens/blues), health (greens/blues), speed (yellow/white) based on the energy color. Since its rain, it splashes, the enemies can catch it outside of the initial cast for a short duration. Enemies will be debuffed armor, health, shield AND/OR have elemental procs bestowed and have a slippery time moving about

I have no comment on 1-3. 

Thoughts?

Thanks. 

I made a reply talking about adjustments that I would make to her kit. For 4 I thought of making the blade blender do chip damage to allow garuda to use her large raptor claws as exalted weapons. Main things to keep in mind would have to be that the combo for the exalted weapon would need to be graceful, swift, deadly and would need to allow garuda to always stay in a noble stance and strut at a speed walk pace (after every attack she immediately returns to her noble stance). her 4 would also affect her 1, 2 and 3 abilities to make things more gory. I detailed more of my ideas on pg.21 of the thread. It's the one with a bunch of gifs. 

Edited by (XB1)WafflyLearner89