Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

1 minute ago, WindigoTG said:

Except they're working on melee 3.0, where they're going to make all melee feel the same and have the same combos anyway.

I do agree, though, that those claws are just screaming to be an exalted weapon.

The fact that they are messing with melee at all blows my mind. Melee works really well overall right now. There are some... odd things like reach, but there are so many things that actually need fixing like archwing, old quests, reintroducing raids, dmg and enemy scaling in general, nullifies, operator combat, focus farming, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc lol

38 минут назад, VPrime96 сказал:

I know when DE gives her a Exalted Weapon, they would make it a Melee Exalted Weapon and players would still complain.

Well if you rather have no one playing it over POTENTIAL complaining then why bother releasing new frames in the first place. Just keep popping tennogen and call it content. 

Edited by -Temp0-

23 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

Exalted weapons have seperate modding now, so not much complaining about sharing melee loadouts these days. 

I know but when players compare Exalted Weapons for Melee to normal Weapons, there would be a higher chance of players using normal Weapons than with Exalted Weapons.

Только что, VPrime96 сказал:

I know but when players compare Exalted Weapons for Melee to normal Weapons, there would be a higher chance of players using normal Weapons than with Exalted Weapons.

I mean if you afraid to give it peacemaker or Exalted blade level of damage then yes. But that brings Back the quesrion why create New frames in the first place

2 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

How about exalted claws as the forth it could be an exalted fan, because the fan weapon is probably the most elegant out of all melee weapons. Visually just turn the claws 90 degrees when using the ability, so the look similar to the Gunsen.

They would have to change the design of the claws to have a webbing between the blades. It could work, but it wouldn't look nearly as cool IMO. THOUGH if they do that they would look like wings while folded which would make sense with her being named "garuda". Idk... it would be very different from the current design(something I don't have a problem with lol).

Honestly I wasn't impressed by Garuda at all because all her abilities felt copy pasted in some way taking abilities from Atlas, Nodus, Chroma, Nyx and Reverent and slightly changing them up to fit her theme. Hopefully they will either change how her abilities look or give her a new set before she's released, I was so hyped for this 'gore themed' frame only to find out all the gore is just covering herself in blood for a few seconds with a push of a button

21 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

Exalted Blade or or Valkyr's Claws are still used because they don't suck  and they offer other perks, such as substantial range or survivability. Only Wukong's exalted gets any real slack, because it is pretty weak, and always has been, on top of not really offering Wukong any real perks.

Now ifWukong's staff was something like the new reworked Cerberus nunchucks/sectional staff demoed for the upcoming DMC5, then "this might be fun", as Vergil would say.

Edited by UrielColtan

45 minutes ago, Betsill said:

Yeah. Her abilities were nothing like they described and Pablos designs before this have been universally loved before this one. It really doesn't make sense to me though. This really just doesn't seem like pablo even designed it. All of his designs just have this "feel" that you can tell he did it. Everything he has designed up till Garuda had really good synergy and was dead on when it came to capturing a theme of a frame. Garuda does neither.

So um... Wasn't revenant the vampire/gore frame? What's revenant's role in warframe? What's his theme? Is that theme supported by gameplay? Or just one ability? Is he a bruiser? CC? Minion Master? DPS/trundling, Eidolon-esque laser platform? 

If DE meant to make a frame representation of a stick and mud-ball, playground Godzilla that got beat down by face-ramming, action figures to beatboxed, crash noises, then DE nailed it! But let's fix and improve what we got b4 releasing a new bundle of issues. Revenant and friends deserve the love. B\c atm, i'd just steal his shotty and leave him in the corner like a crappy car platform that nobody even wants to engine swap. 

In the recent dev-stream DE reveled the upcoming newest Garuda. To be honest she looks very bland & uninteresting. 

so here are some suggestion on how she could be changed in some area

.             Her Passive ; Garuda uses Blood as a resource rather than energy.She is a gore based warframe. i think this suites her really well. she can replenish her resources by killing and bleeding enemies.this make are a lot more interesting to play, it also allows players to take out their weapons with "bleed builds" on them for her.

1st ability : form the looks of it.it looks okay. but the animation needs to be faster and smoother.maby give the ability cleave multiple enemies in 1 go along with the ability.

2nd ability: this feels really out of place, especially with Garuda's passive being "the less health she has the more damage she will do". It counteracts her kit. i feel she needs to be able to throw the spear and impale multiple enemies for a extra effect.Additionally Instead of giving her health regen, it would be better to give her & teammates extra damage.Futhermore the "Spear" can grant a little bit of tankyness for everyone who is in range with a over-shield from the enemies it has impaled.                   

4th ability : i think everyone agrees that this ability is a just boring. it loos like a cross between Nyx's 4th & Revenant's 4th. she has these huge blades and she barely uses them on the enemies. i think her fourth should have some synergy with her passive, bleeding enemies can feed a blood orb she carries around with her and the more she stacks the blood the more the damage. eventually giving her the option to consume the blood orb to restore her health or just make it explode dealing huge Aoe damage.

This is still 1 person's opinion.i really want Garuda to be good.i want DE to succeed. please change Garuda's kit.

Thank you.

So, kind of wish you all would give us text preview of Warframe kit ideas first; sometimes things aren't home runs and we are more than happy to give earlier feedback to cut down development cost and time... WE ALL LIFT TOGETHER!

Very sad she doesn't make any effective use of those deadly wing claws and her kit and passive is lacking as a gore frame, in my opinion...she has these huge things on her and does almost nothing with them?! 🤔🤔🤔🤨🤨🤨

Also feel a Hela vibe (from movie) would suit Garuda well and seek to incorporate that in her attacks and provide that sexy slayer vibe.

Seek to allow her to be used as a run and gun frame or a Exalted weapon frame...

Overall, giving the fans what they want and imagined.

(Note: I imagined this without reading around forums since I am on my phone, sorry if I also thought of same or similar ideas.)

Passive: Blood Lust

I think she should get something like a "Blood Lust" passive; Like Nidus' Passive / kills give stacks, stacks give ability power... they decay over time like melee combo counter with decay...bonus the bulk of the coding already exists.

They would be consumed by activation of abilities, costs varying, activation of abilities without enough stacks, it will consume health from Garuda...a price must always be paid in blood, but this will make her more unique as well.

//Optional, maybe have Slash and High Gore and Critical attacks could feed counter faster, or maybe make them required to trigger full reward thus giving her more flavor?//

Keep the cute Blood Ball but also add a screen element perhaps.
...most of all, give it a voice...a voice that calls out for blood, sounding like Man In The Wall, but a female void demon or something... laughs, moans, quips...demands for more blood...
(This voice is in her head.)

This could also serve as an audio cue for when your low or empty on blood so you know you're hurting yourself and for when you're overflowing with blood.

That would scale well and fit the theme and alleviate issues with healing her and being too squishy / needing low health to scale.

The low health passive can be too easily griefed in squads and seems difficult to get right for her since she doesn't seem very tanky.

Impaler - 1:

Repurpose the bloody impale move showcased on dev stream here.

Click: Melee range, impale a single enemy, provides a lifesteal healing and blood tether; feeds blood resource, low blood cost, smaller but fastest blood gaining move.

Hold click / release to fire: Aims her left arm... fires bone javelins in a cone that pin enemies together and then to a surface, like Excalibur's javelin attack.
Blood tethers feeds more blood resource but costs more blood to use, slower than first in gain, but gives more overall. (No heal on this attack.)

Enemies that don't die outright will be inflicted with a bleed proc and temporarily CC'd by the spears until spears dissolve.

Bloody Barrier/Bulwark - 2:

The bone / blood shield is interesting but feels lacking, because a shot to the back in Arbitration by a hard hitter and its G-G-Game Over in Arbitration mode.

A ball shield of blood and bone like Nezha would be more ideal, and the coding already exists, so graphic changes are the only heavy change here, include HUD element like Nezha.

* Moderate blood and energy cost to turn on.

* Consumes blood resource over time but no energy / doesn't stop energy regeneration.

* Castable in Ultimate.

* Shield scales in damage reduction the lower her health is, but it will also scale off the "Blood Lust" passive.

* Always prevent a one-hit death at all levels, but it will consume blood in the process, like Nidus' resource.

Also, can she not one-hit kill herself with AoE weapons?
...So mad Nidus can kill himself despite having stacks...so annoying and weird.

Sanguine Sadist - 3:

Her current ultimate now repurposed; that bone spear blender move, works mostly as it does there but now a click ability with a very high blood cost since this is a supplemental damage and resource gathering ability;

* Castable in Ultimate

* Randomly fires a bone javelin at a larger range than "melee" radius of ability.
This can like other javelins hit multiple enemies, and fuels blood resource.

* Allows her to use weapons or her new ultimate with this click ability.

* Enemies killed by javelins have higher chance to drop health orbs, for allies.

Give her a sassy saunter walk like Rob / AGGP mentioned on his channel, carry that over to her ultimate with wing claws out, too, but different in that mode as she also holds the claws out as she moves in an elegant but menacing way.

Sassy Slasher - Ultimate:

As above in previous ability, incorporate a sassy saunter while this is active.

Make her fourth ability an Exalted weapon.

* Small blood and energy activation.
* Consumes blood resource and energy per second.

Left click: melee attacks with her deadly wing claws, with small life steal and small blood gain per kill, like Valkyrie's Ultimate, but slower attack speed, bigger arcs of attack.
* Enemies get shreded, lots of gore, side benefit; synergies with Nekros.

Alt Fire: Execute; that instant kill attack you showed off on dev stream, provides rapid blood resource. Also make it a gap closer.

Edited by Alienami
Highlights and fixes.

1 hour ago, -Akemi- said:

To be honest, not much has been changed. There is a spear used in her 2, which would be used in her 2nd activation of her 3. Her shield which is part of her one, is first 3. Her 1 uses her blades that are already there and used during her 1, just in a different way. Instead of ripping something apart you slash and then blood is sprayed while doing that.

Not like the healing effect would be massive. And her 4, is just the original 3 animation being put into her 4 with blades piercing her, and then the normal animation begins just not locking her in an animation. The blades spins around, but she is free to move.

A massive annoyance with some frames like Revenant to me is that he is in an animation lock and that ruins the flow of warframe and movement imo. I'm not calling for a rework, I'm stating my opinions on Garuda, who's concept is blood. The chances of DE changing the kit even a tiny bit based on my take on her theme is next to none if you ask me. I just wanted to have fun and try to "rework" a warframe that might not even need a rework.

If you like it, awesome. If you hate it, awesome as well.

I don’t think you understand the complexities of game design.

There is just no way to please everyone. I kinda like Garuda, she really reminds me of Rayne (from Bloody Rayne) both thematically and weaponry like (the blades folded behind the forearms). The only skill that makes me go "what?" is her 3rd only because we already have ways to gain energy by being damaged on purpose (and her passive is going to activate anyway....) so it kinda feels redundant.

Maybe something like "expend X health to cover enemies in blood and debuff their speed, strenght , mark them so they take extra damage from skills and shown even when hiding behind walls". Whatever, I will wait for the actual release to complain

12 minutes ago, Ekemeister said:

So um... Wasn't revenant the vampire/gore frame? What's revenant's role in warframe? What's his theme? Is that theme supported by gameplay? Or just one ability? Is he a bruiser? CC? Minion Master? DPS/trundling, Eidolon-esque laser platform? 

If DE meant to make a frame representation of a stick and mud-ball, playground Godzilla that got beat down by face-ramming, action figures to beatboxed, crash noises, then DE nailed it! But let's fix and improve what we got b4 releasing a new bundle of issues. Revenant and friends deserve the love. B\c atm, i'd just steal his shotty and leave him in the corner like a crappy car platform that nobody even wants to engine swap. 

The past few frames have been really underwhelming and it's very unfortunate that Garuda might follow. Gara isn't that bad because of her 2, but she could def use some love. Rev and khora really need some help though. I still don't get Revnants ult. I thought that his ult animation was placeholder lol It looks so bad!

1 minute ago, Olphalarepth said:

There is just no way to please everyone. I kinda like Garuda, she really reminds me of Rayne (from Bloody Rayne) both thematically and weaponry like (the blades folded behind the forearms). The only skill that makes me go "what?" is her 3rd only because we already have ways to gain energy by being damaged on purpose (and her passive is going to activate anyway....) so it kinda feels redundant.

Maybe something like "expend X health to cover enemies in blood and debuff their speed, strenght , mark them so they take extra damage from skills and shown even when hiding behind walls". Whatever, I will wait for the actual release to complain

For sure you can't please everyone, and i'm sure I won't be with how far it is from something I would like to play, but also it's so far from what we were told she was gonna be like.

I love her weapons too. My biggest problem with her current design is that we can't use them. Her 3rd is def the next biggest "WTF" for the reasons you mentioned, and a few others that I mentioned in my post.

21 minutes ago, Ekemeister said:

So um... Wasn't revenant the vampire/gore frame? What's revenant's role in warframe? What's his theme? Is that theme supported by gameplay? Or just one ability?

Revenant is a classical vampire. Enthralling people, turning into mist, life draining, that sort of thing. It used to be more clear cut prior to release, but people complained that he didn't fit the Eidolon theme.

Hmm,

Soul Bulwark for mobility, defense, and mini-nuke. I'm kinda bummed that the mobility + shield portion is locked by the orb-throwing function. It seems like there is a great opportunity to make the blood orb an integral part of Garuda's kit.

Maybe press 1 to leap and rip, hold and release 1 to throw orb. Let the orb absorb damage blocked by the bone shield, health siphoned from Sanguine Siphon, health sacrificed by Garuda using Life Sunder, and kills made with Engulfing Blades. All that blood spilled empowers the mini-nuke.

Let Garuda leap from farther away if targeting a Sanguine Siphon.

Add a knockback effect around Garuda when she uses Life Sunder, since she is extra vulnerable when halving her health.

Engulfing Blades... not sure if this will stay around, but maybe allow her to direct the swarm of blades away from her to elsewhere.