Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

12 minutes ago, Ekemeister said:

I know it's slightly off topic, but which ability ties in Garuda's bird, wind, or flight theme again? The concept seems to exaggerate the gore theme when it's only part of the myth. 

I don't think any of them do. I was wondering about that as well, so I read through the Garuda wiki and didn't find anything that I could link to the WF version. Garuda is also male, so that makes even less sense. I guess it's just that her blades kinda look like wings? DE has never been very good at naming things though. We have a frame name Gara lol

Edited by Betsill

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in, but I think the lack of the fear mechanic in her base kit is a missed opportunity. Considering how Vlad the impaler scared off a whole army with his impalements I figured it would be a nice touch to her kit. The ultimate would be ok if it didn't lock you out of any other actions, although it does seem like her kit is focused on her basic abilities for her core gameplay and the blender ult is there to shore up any weaknesses (single target dash and single target cc)

17 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

No, it doesn't make sense for the impaled enemy to follow you around. Mod for a bit of range. And even then, you can always recast it

It can easily make sense if instead of being impaled to the ground the blade forms a blood cage around the enemy after impaling them and keeps them suspended in the air.

17 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

This won't happen. I'm fairly certain DE doesn't want any more Exalted Weapons. Hence why Khora got her whip removed

If that'd be the case at least the ultimate should work different from now.

How about having the blades dance around you and striking enemies around you stunning them and applying slash procs? It should also just let us move freely during that. What we saw on the devstream was extremely slow and restrictive for a nearly melee ranged AoE, even if it drags enemies towards you. Revenant can at least use his Reave during his ultimate for mobility.

Or the ultimate as it is now should also drain life from enemies within a certain range constantly healing you, I could get behind that.

Edited by TheRealShade

I reckon the 2 and the Ult are mismatched.
Swap the 2 with the ult and change the abilities a little, it would make Garuda a lot more active and "fun?"

• Make the 2 a larger ranged area of effect that can heal allies.
  • Make the current ult a dash that can power up her 1's dmg by a % based on the enemies you come in contact with.

Or just idea pitching, similar to the frames that have no shields and high health. Have Garuda with low shields, a high health pool (somewhere between Nidus and Inaros) and no energy but all her abilities cost health instead. This would obviously affect her current 3 but that could be changed to instead of restoring your energy have Garuda drop energy orbs.

Edited by (PS4)Dead_fenix_7

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Wait. For. Her. To. Release. First. 

Except this is what DE does. They show us her current kit, we provide constructive feed back and they adjust the frame now while it's still being worked on instead of waiting for it to get released, like we have done with many many warframes now, Harrow being a very notable example of this.

8 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

Yeah, the name is kinda off actually. She seems more inspired to Elizabeth Bathory  than anything else and I think it also depends from the fact we already have an actual "Garuda" in game named "Zephyr"

Clears throat*

In Lotus voice: "This is "Bath".... the... uh... blender..."

7 hours ago, (PS4)negativ21 said:

Ill get right to the point. From what I can see, Garuda is cooler in concept than she is in design. That is her gore/blood theme has a lot of potential but her current kit doesn't utilize it well. I think DE should take a page out of their own book for this frame and model its kit after an existing, very successful, and well liked frame, Nidus. I've listed my ideas below:

1 - Her first ability would remain the same bar the "shield and orb business". It would do a respectable amount of damage (if it doesn't already) and have some type of (mods scalable) debuff effect such as reduced armor or automatic bleed proc. The abilities damage and possibly also its debuff would scale off how much blood Garuda has collected.

--> Alternatively (and only because I think this is cooler), she would throw/launch one of her 10 (?) claws at an enemy. The damage/debuff effect would be the same, but the added range would be balanced by having to "reload her claws" after 10 uses. Either way, this would function as her primary damage ability.

2 - Garuda summons a ball of blood which floats around/above her. Any killed enemies, either by her or within a certain proximity, will feed the ball and add to her "blood counter". Any bleed procs will also feed it, and "blood" received will scale per strength of the enemy (but not level, i think). You could also have it that her 1 provides a larger percentage of blood if used for a kill, to improve synergy. This blood counter will act as a currency for her 3rd and 4th, and *may* also provide ability buffs. This may or may not have a visual effect of covering her in blood as it grows.

3 - Her 3 is largely the same as well, but has an added function. Keep in mind her passive is still the same. If she is at 26% health or over, this ability will halve her health and provide the passives stat buff. If it did anything else in the stream, then that too. BUT, if she is at below 25% health (subject to change), she will consume some of her blood currency to recover her health, and provide her and her allies additional health (designated by purple numbers, basically an overshields for HP). It should also probably provide armor given how not-scalable HP is. The ability will be channeled, and thus to some degree, give players a choice as to how much "blood" they want to channel into the effect. The more blood they expend, the more armor/HP they give. Then once used, Garuda can just cast her 3 again to get back to low health and get the passive buff. 

4 - If Garuda did indeed have the above kit, I would honestly not mind her 4th staying as is, or being some kind of radial nuke. It would cost "blood" like her 3, and would scale with her amount collected (if we do that). Her synergy would largely be between her 2/3 supported by her 1 at early stages.  Alternatively, you could have her 4 be an enhanced version of her 1 in that it provides a larger percentage of blood from its kills, helping her build the counter faster. 

Things to consider:

1) How quickly should the blood counter grow with each kill, for balance.

2) If we choose to have her rising blood currency provide ability buffs, should that replace/reduce her passive. 

3) Her 2 is duration, and 3 is channeled. They can be switched. 

Lmk any feedback/criticism. I realize its a little early for a total redesign, but I think its a sick idea. If the communities thoughts on Garuda now persist after her release, Ill probably repost this then as a suggestion. 

I like the blood counter thing, but I think it should be an always active thing rather than needing a power active to use it. Now if her 2 increased the blood gained and when it was active provided some kind of bonus to her other powers then fine.

I still believe her 3 and her passive should swap places really. Her passive should be "Low HP, Gain Energy on kills/passive regen" and her 3 should halve her HP for a potent damage boost. Alternatively, your blood counter idea could mesh with this, where if she has her 2 active(The gather blood thing) that it would drain instead of her HP while her 3 is active and prevent her from going above that HP point to maintain her damage boost for longer.

And her 4...should still be massively changed. I don't mind a power that's taking from other frames, but I don't want something that we have 3 other frames that do it(Nyx, Rev, Inaros) all as an ultimate as well. If anything, look to something like Ash, where you toggle it, mark targets, and then press again to shoot those blood shards at the enemies. But if you want to keep in the nyx thing, have it be the blood shards swirl around her, absorbing bonus damage from enemies shooting at her or killed near her so when she fires it off they wreck enemies.

1 hour ago, Bigbizz44 said:

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in, but I think the lack of the fear mechanic in her base kit is a missed opportunity. Considering how Vlad the impaler scared off a whole army with his impalements I figured it would be a nice touch to her kit. The ultimate would be ok if it didn't lock you out of any other actions, although it does seem like her kit is focused on her basic abilities for her core gameplay and the blender ult is there to shore up any weaknesses (single target dash and single target cc)

I would rather not, playing hide and seek with multiple enemies isn't fun. Its bad enough that the enemy spawns have been substantially lowered since back when Nekros was new and introduced that ability. She isn't Vlad anyway, and I recall his impalings in fact making the Ottoman army desire him more, supposedly for recruitment.

Vlad also mainly impaled captured civilians, it was done to deprive Ottoman troops of supplies, more so than to scare them, as the Wallachian folk tended to prefer the sultan over him. Displaying the bodies in such a way seems more likely to have been meant to scare Wallachian civvies into supporting Vlad instead, but seemed to end up having the opposite effect as more and more Wallachians and Hungarians ended up completely defecting to the Ottomans, no doubt due to this.

Anyway, I think Garuda should be more like Kali if anything, who is more supernatural, fits the same mythical background as Garuda, is blood themed, and is female of course.

Edited by UrielColtan

So far I'm liking her. Will have to see in-game how she actually performs and what are her stats. I'm probably gonna use her quite a bit at some point, but unless she's really tanky I don't see her replacing Inaros and Nekros for me.

And yeah her ability that drains health to give energy, there are already two mods for that so might fill that mod slot with something else, like Adaptation and Vigorous Swap.

One minor gripe I just have.

The 2 feels like a 1 and the 1 feels like a 2. Maybe they should be swapped around.

3 feels like ... it just shouldn't be there, although it is a free rage mod that one can use anytime, so I am not complaining.

According to the wiki:

Garuda: bird-like creature in hindu mythologie

Khora: maybe from Kore- wife of hades 

Gara: Garaus - Japanese for glass, gara - yoruban word for crytsal

Titania: queen of fairies im Shakespeares a midsummer night's dream

Ivara: norse word Ivarr - tree warrior

I'm fine with it... Maybe not with every name but at least with Gara Titania and Ivara. The "A" at the end might refer to the Latin ending a for female words

Back to the thread: in my opinion Garudas 4 is more or less something similar to revenants 4, press 4 and spinn to win. I think it's hard to create new skills after so many frames... But to ultimates that are nearly the same for two frames following is somehow really disappointing in my opinion. I also dislike the need to sacrifice life in a game where you can get oneshot in high end content even with max life... 

i must say, i like all of her abilitys so far.

Her First is interesting, because it offers a strong but slow Attack with a duration based Defensive, that shields one direction, so its not op, and a scaling AOE Attack. I've read many comparisons to Volts Shield, but those two aren't really comparable, Volts shield is mostly stationary and offers strong offensive buffs to the whole team. Garudas shield is self centered and collects the damage taken for the AOE Doge ball.

Her Second Ability offered a good Group HOT and Hard CC for one enemy. Also the HOT-Zone can be changed really quick when moving around.

Her Third Ability is the most unique in her Kit, it is the first Ability that can generate Energy without needing Energy to cast it or a target to cast it on. All I hope is, that the conversion rate for Health->Energy is increased with rising Efficiency rather than reduced(as it is with Nidus First Ability).

Her Fourth Ability feels a little generic, and a step back from the "we want all Abilitys to be interacting and not press 4 to win"  DE was enforcing with the Reworks to Frames like Ember and Ash. I'd love to get a more involving Ability with more Interactions to the other three Abilitys In her Kit. Something like a Blade Storm that has different effects depending on the action the Player is performing. E.g.: 

- If you are shooting your Ranged weapons the Blades are launched into that direction,

- Melee Attacks causes the Blade Storm to damage All Enemys in a Globe area around you with the Blades pulsing outwards. And Ground Slams result in a wave like Attack.

- Using her 1st and 2nd Abilitys while using her Fourth gives them additional effects. Her First generates a wider shield(more a half around her Front instead of just the front) and shoots additional Balls in a narrow Cone. Her Second impales more Targets near the one you aimed at, applying the CC but not the Siphon effect.

Edited by Darkuhn

4 часа назад, LupisV0lk сказал:

That sure sounds like a learn to play/mod problem.

Yes please tell us again how changing mods around is improving his boring as **** ultimate or his other useless abilities. At least with frames like valkyr and excalibur you have the the fact that of being able to move around and the animation is beautiful. But then again there are people who mained old ash so some probably enjoy revenant's braindead plasystyle. Just dont pretend frames like that actually have one. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Arcmourn:

Would like Garuda more if that "4" the blade quills was an exulted close to mid-range melee weapon that extends out and retracts back as she swings her arms out... just a thought.

Maybe an Exalted Warfan like the Gunsen with expanding and spiraling attacks 🙂

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Arcmourn:

Exactly, that would be more interactive an fun. Fan dance of blood & death.

Indeed, I posted my idea of an interactive 4th a bit above 😉

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Darkuhn:

Her Fourth Ability feels a little generic, and a step back from the "we want all Abilitys to be interacting and not press 4 to win"  DE was enforcing with the Reworks to Frames like Ember and Ash. I'd love to get a more involving Ability with more Interactions to the other three Abilitys In her Kit. Something like a Blade Storm that has different effects depending on the action the Player is performing. E.g.: 

- If you are shooting your Ranged weapons the Blades are launched into that direction, 

- Melee Attacks causes the Blade Storm to damage All Enemys in a Globe area around you with the Blades pulsing outwards. And Ground Slams result in a wave like Attack.

- Using her 1st and 2nd Abilitys while using her Fourth gives them additional effects. Her First generates a wider shield(more a half around her Front instead of just the front) and shoots additional Balls in a narrow Cone. Her Second impales more Targets near the one you aimed at, applying the CC but not the Siphon effect.

В 11.10.2018 в 04:36, (PS4)LoisGordils сказал:

I have to point out a couple of things

1) it looks like none of her abilities can be used on a run.

2) her ult is like revenant's ult but with less range.

Overall Garuda looks like sad, slow-paced Warframe, which might have some use on some defense missions. Other than that she looks like a Mastery Fodder frame.

25 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

1) it looks like none of her abilities can be used on a run.

2) her ult is like revenant's ult but with less range.

Overall Garuda looks like sad, slow-paced Warframe, which might have some use on some defense missions. Other than that she looks like a Mastery Fodder frame.

she's a "gore" frame... defense just feels wrong... le sigh

6 hours ago, Hixlysss said:
14 hours ago, (PS4)negativ21 said:

I like the blood counter thing, but I think it should be an always active thing rather than needing a power active to use it. Now if her 2 increased the blood gained and when it was active provided some kind of bonus to her other powers then fine.

I still believe her 3 and her passive should swap places really. Her passive should be "Low HP, Gain Energy on kills/passive regen" and her 3 should halve her HP for a potent damage boost. Alternatively, your blood counter idea could mesh with this, where if she has her 2 active(The gather blood thing) that it would drain instead of her HP while her 3 is active and prevent her from going above that HP point to maintain her damage boost for longer.

And her 4...should still be massively changed. I don't mind a power that's taking from other frames, but I don't want something that we have 3 other frames that do it(Nyx, Rev, Inaros) all as an ultimate as well. If anything, look to something like Ash, where you toggle it, mark targets, and then press again to shoot those blood shards at the enemies. But if you want to keep in the nyx thing, have it be the blood shards swirl around her, absorbing bonus damage from enemies shooting at her or killed near her so when she fires it off they wreck enemies.

I see what you are saying. Maybe make it so the 2 allows Garuda to collect blood from her teammates kills, instead ld just her own, or just buff it all together.

The staple of my version of Garudas kit was meant to be her 3, using it to heal and buff allies. It would also give her 3 synergy with her "blood currency" mechanic and passive which I think is great. She would use her 3 to buff allies hp/armor and herself, and immediately recast her 3 to bring down her health  again yet maintain the armor buff. If we made it so the passive buff was purely percentage based, then it could even work off of the "over health" amount instead of off base health.

Her 1 and 4, I meant to be required to help build said counter, BUT I wouldn't mind at all an altered 4 with anyones ideas in here. It's just for me her 4 is not the only problem, her whole kit seems convoluted, and forced around the gore theme. 

Also her passive damage boost would work as it does now and grow based on her percent total health.

Edited by (PS4)negativ21