Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

To be fair, Nidus looked like trash on his first gameplay reveal.

He looked trash to who? He looked exactly like he does now which is mostly amazing. The only thing I even heard from people(myself included) was that his ult looked a little underwhelming if the numbers weren't high enough.

25 minutes ago, Betsill said:

He looked trash to who? He looked exactly like he does now which is mostly amazing. The only thing I even heard from people(myself included) was that his ult looked a little underwhelming if the numbers weren't high enough.

Well about 85% of the Players here are thinking about Garuda's 4th but in a different reason so i guess Nidus's issue is affecting Garuda too.

With what i saw this frame being able to do in the preview of this warframe, no one is going to use the healing spire, and the 4 should had been more of a "gore" attack, a mix of Valkyr's 4 and Excalibur's 1 where maybe you introduce the first warframe where activating the 4 gives you 3 "new" powers to make that ability while it's being channeled to various things such as Slash Dash enemies in a very gorey way and health orbs everywhere which would make sense except if you make her 3rd ability give you energy for halving health this will become a broken warframe in a game where your trying to balance PvE which everyone should feel OP to an extent but Garuda is gonna feel like you can perpetually stay in a channeled ability. However, what do i know i haven't even gotten to try her for myself at current state, no one knows me, and i'm still waiting for the "revenant and khora" revamp that may never happen because those frames have been part of the game in the state they are for too long already.

My Suggestions:

Garuda's 4 should be similar to Valkyr's 4 and have 3 abilities while channeling one of which being a "slash dash" where killed enemies drop health orbs and otherwise gore everywhere, Another of the 3 should be "Vermillian Storm" blender, and maybe the last of her 3 power abilities is to "link" to an enemy and her damage cannot heal nor lower but such effects the enemy she linked, and the enemy (upon death) bursts doing a 10 meter blast area knocking down and doing double the amount of damage the health of that enemy was when it was linked (bar healing).

Garuda's 3 (if this is the one that halved her health to give her energy) needs to not do that and perhaps while near an enemy you latch onto that enemy (very bloodily) and you then are "holding that enemy" for a duration of time and all damage you take the enemy your holding takes but you can only use secondary or melee while this power is active.

Garuda's 2 (If this is the one she pires an enemy to health siphon) Should be the ability where you can use your orb charges from your 1st ability allowing Garuda to have multiple charges and use them when you want to with being able to freely use her 1 to just pounce and gore enemies to death.

Garuda's 1 is the only good ability that looks good.

But what do i know, i've only played this game for over 5k hours....

I agree with most of the OP's post, I dont think I like his suggested 4. What I had in mind for Garuda was as follows: (sorry it is a bit wordy)

Passive: Burning Blood: Blood spilled by Garuda will slowly disable enemies in range. Turning off shields, stripping armor, and preventing enemies from using abilities. This takes place over X seconds (effected by duration). This uses up a small % of nearby blood while effecting an enemy. (will use up a fixed amount, but will be used up over the same duration as the debuff takes to work)

1. No Escape: Garuda will teleport to closest target or targeted enemy. On arrival Garuda will eviscerate enemies in the area with a series of quick swipes slinging blood on nearby walls and surfaces, this also kills the target teleported to. (I imagine her ripping through her target using them as a portal). Teleporting uses up  all nearby blood in a 20 meter radius. Ripping an enemy apart gives Garuda X amount of Energy and Health, having taken them from her victim. (she is invincible and unstoppable during the animation)

2. Blood Aegis: Toggle to activate a blood barrier that is active as long as there is nearby blood and as long as Garuda has energy. Creates a circle of blood on the floor that will reach up and absorb any weapon fire (obviously not beam based weapons/etc.). Absorbing enemy weapon fire will use up a certain amount of blood = to X% of damage taken, if no blood is around then it will send that % of damage directly to your health. When the Aegis absorbs damage it retaliates slowing or stopping the enemy based on the amount of damage received.

3. It Begins: (Duration based) Garuda's blades resonate audibly letting out a soft ring letting enemies know it is thirsty. Terrified enemies have their heart rates increased to dangerous levels, increasing the amount of blood that spills. This enables any weapon to spill usable blood. Garuda starts to loose control and gains increased movement speed and the ability to detect enemies pulses through walls/objects (their outline).

4. Heaven's Wrath: A flurry of blades come from every angle to assault all nearby enemies. Number of blades is effected by Strength (number of blades is per enemy effected, so if it is 5 blades base each enemy effected will get hit with 5 blades).  If an enemy is killed it leaves a spire of their corpse (with the appropriate number of blades in them) stuck to the object the last blade came from (if it is a room they will come from all angles, if it is outside or there is no ceiling the blades will all come from above).

-Corpse Spires: Corpses pinned from Heaven's Wrath will continue to spill blood equal to their actual health values (so the ability scales) and will give of a small healing aura for Garuda only. While giving energy regen to enemies within range.

3 minutes ago, MageSkeleton said:

But what do i know, i've only played this game for over 5k hours....

Haha, well... I got about 2k hours under my belt, and nobody listened to me when I said Revenant should have vomvalysts minions, not lazy, discount Nekros shadows... ah well.

Edited by WarBaby2

15 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

Well about 85% of the Players here are thinking about Garuda's 4th but in a different reason so i guess Nidus's issue is affecting Garuda too.

People don't like anything about Garuda ult because it's lame and makes no sense. She has massive claws but she just holds them out while she spawns blades around her instead of using them. Her ult is just a Gara 2  that burns more energy, does less dmg, doesn't gives a massive def buff, slows you down to a crawl, and has vauban ult to pull people in(which she only needs because she's so slow). Nidus ult was totally different. Functionally it was fine, it just looked like the dmg was pathetic on the original stream. 

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

2 minutes ago, Betsill said:

People don't like anything about Garuda ult because it's lame and makes no sense. She has massive claws but she just holds them out while she spawns blades around her instead of using them. Her ult is just a Gara 2  that burns more energy, does less dmg, doesn't gives a massive def buff, slows you down to a crawl, and has vauban ult to pull people in(which she only needs because she's so slow).

2 minutes ago, Betsill said:

Nidus ult was totally different. Functionally it was fine, it just looked like the dmg was pathetic on the original stream. 

Whatever

Mastery Rank fodder. This is my feedback for this warframe. MRFODDER. 

same as revenant, khora and the next of the next of the next. DE run out of good ideas for warframe since Octavia. 

Nyx rework? meh

Vaudan rework? meh

Titania rework? meh

i prefer they focus on gameplay contents and less warframes, focus on fixing what we got and stop this unstoppable release of unfinished warframes. We have already enough with prime variants. 

fix archwing.

Implement raid.

Rework Focus.

Make POE enjoyable.

Dont make the same mistakes of POE on fortuna.

make sentinel more useful and no a dead layer on under my name on hard content.

and we can keep going and going with stuff we have atm on live build.

Edited by xcenic

1 minute ago, xcenic said:

Mastery Rank fodder. This is my feedback for this warframe. MRFODDER. 

same as revenant, khora and the next of the next of the next. DE run out of good ideas for warframe since Octavia. 

Which is kinda sad, since there clearly are many possible concepts left... mimic, kubrow master, shapeshifter, deep space explorer, tunneler, etc. All but mere concepts without a good design though...

5 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I just saw his Reveal in a Devstream and wow, you are definitely right. The Nidus we have now is no where near the Nidus that was showned in the Devstream. I wonder if Pablo gave him Massive changes and Buffs to his abilities before he was Released.

Edited by VPrime96

....its actually straight up worse. She lacks any mobility in that form, unlike revenant who can reave.

That said, I am more miffed that she uses those cool arm blades for exactly one ability...or rather, half of one.

Edited by -skimmer-

I think her 4th should be something like Mesa's 4th with it be a toggle ability and firing blood spikes when you press down the fire button. She should have some movement as well as custom fire animations like mesa has when she fires her Peacemaker. Essentially making her feel like Hela from Thor Ragnarok

Or even turn it into an Exalted Weapon like a Warfan like the Gunsen but with her claws 

Edited by War-Keeper

for Garuda (i kinda commented this earlier but i think it got buried with the ton of suggestions)

1st skill - dash, stab and slice an enemy into multiple pieces, if enemy doesnt die with it, it will be marked with blood and will bleed to death

- enemies marked with blood will be insta-killed once hit again with 1st skill

- sliced pieces of marked enemies will explode dealing aoe dmg

- gain increased armor (equal or sort of) with the damage dealt on marked enemies killed

2nd skill - throw a 'blood ball' into any target/surface that explodes and surrounds everyone even Garuda herself with blood (duration-based)

(since you love charging skills, charging this skill will make the blood ball explosion range bigger, ala Diablos' FF8 Gravija skill animation)

- enemies with 'blood' will have their armors negated, damage recieved will be increased

3rd skill - would stay the same, eat HP to gain energy, and splatter blood allover her body

4th - shoots out the knives allover her body, impaling enemies in an area

- each impaled enemy will have its life drained towards Garuda

- during this ult's activation, Garuda will have an aoe effect of life regen towards allies while near each impaled enemy
    - impaled enemies fall off once Garuda moves too far away 
    - pressing 3 will revert the knives allover the area back to her, damaging anyone hit with it with the same effect as her 1st skill 

passive -- blood thirst

- lower HP, higher damage  
OR
- enemies marked with blood or bleeding near Garuda will give her a boost in movespeed/attackspeed, making her more focused on the melee side

Edited by BeeWhyOhBee

15 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

I just saw his Reveal in a Devstream and wow, you are definitely right. The Nidus we have now is no where near the Nidus that was showned in the Devstream.

DEVSTREAM 84, to what we can see, they only add some look effect and cast speed to nidus, but the same core mechanics since beginning.

16 minutes ago, Craftcoat said:

Garudas 4th ability should be replaced with something more original like an exalted Weapon!

revenants 4

1. does 1250 damage a per beam
  2. adapts the enemy armor type it is hitting 
  3. can inflict status effects 
  4. channeling boosts 2500 damage
  5. damaging revenant empowers his beams for a short while 

Garuda 4 

1. it knocks things around when enemies touch it 
  2. sucks people in keeping knocked around enemies in it
  3. shortish range
  4. has some mechanic that was not fully shown in the devstream (she had a buff indicator like sayrn and gara except it said label so it was clearly unfinished)

Things in common

1. they spin 
  2. they do damage

for what i would say

maybe let her swipe with her arm claws when she is blendering or let her click on a enemy and she will jump at that target while pulling it to her 

ex: enemy is 10m away click on them you go 5m toward them and they go 5m to you so you meet in the middle 

Edited by seprent

3 minutes ago, xcenic said:

DEVSTREAM 84, to what we can see, they only add some look effect and cast speed to nidus, but the same core mechanics since beginning.

Also in Devstream 84, His 4th required 4 Mutation Stacks while in the real Game, it requires 3.

5 minutes ago, seprent said:

let her click on a enemy and she will jump at that target while pulling it to her 

ex: enemy is 10m away click on them you go 5m toward them and they go 5m to you so you meet in the middle 

That would work well with her 1 too since she needs to be close range for her 1

3 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

That would work well with her 1 too since she needs to be close range for her 1

i thought about her 1 but her 1 gives her shield then you need to get rid of the orb to cast it again 

i got the click idea from hydroid since he can click on people to pull them into his puddle for alittle energy cost so for my idea she would throw a knife spear at them and them pull her self and them and smash in the middle using both sides of the momentum for max blending 

Edited by seprent