Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

18 hours ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

I guess but it would be she instantly travels to target and THEN performs a finisher with her claws. Would look more elegant than the gif though. (No offense)

yeh none taken ;)  was the first picture of berserker barrage x i could find lol 

18 hours ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

I guess but it would be she instantly travels to target and THEN performs a finisher with her claws. Would look more elegant than the gif though. (No offense)

yeh none taken ;)  was the first picture of berserker barrage x i could find lol 

my suggestions for Garuda (again, since the last one just died out in the thousands of comments) 

1st -  Slicing Barrage - dashes towards an area, slicing and damaging enemies in a straight line, if enemy doesn't die -- they will have 'bleed/blood splatter' status. 
             enemies splattered with blood when killed with Slicing Barrage will be sliced into multiple pieces.
             The body pieces killed this way will explode and deal melee-range aoe damage  

2nd - Bloodsplosion - throws a bloodball in any target / surface, exploding and dealing slash damage causing enemies to be bleed and splattered with blood.                         Enemies splattered with blood will have negated armor (charging this skill will make the area of explosion bigger) 

3rd - Sharpen -- Garuda enchants herself by draining her own HP (duration based) and makes her weapons do bleed damage 
       and causes enemies to splatter blood when killed, exploding and causes enemies to be splattered with blood.
       Increases her damage to blood-splattered enemies

4th - Gore -- activates her blades around her, seeking X targets and impaling them, each impaled target will have their HP siphoned towards Garuda,
       and each blade impaling a target gives additional damage on Garuda as long as she's near each blade.
       Reactivating the blade again will throw them  back towards her and the impaled targets will explode, dealing aoe damage and causes bloodsplosion 

passive - Bloodthirst 

increases Garuda's melee (?) attack/movement speed/attack speed with each bleeding/blood splattered enemy. 
increases values as her HP goes lower 

the names, of course depends on wether DE will change it or not if they decided to consider these suggestions 

Edited by BeeWhyOhBee

Disclaimer: I am not a profressional character designer nor am I trying to bash DE, i know they work hard and that not everything they do can be the best thing in the world. I'm just a concerned player that doesn't want a another beautifully designed frame fall victim to a rushed kit. *cough* *cough* KHORA *cough* *cough* REVENANT *cough* *cough* GARA *cough* *cough* (you get the point)

No flak to anyone her likes whats been shown of her kit so far but honestly i find it painfully boring so here's how i would design garuda's kit

Passive: Any damage taken by garuda is converted into a damage buff that maxes out at 200% (basically the same as what her official passive is except the damage buff does not decrease as garuda heals but does decay by 5% if garuda takes no damage for 15 sec)

First ability: Garuda dashes forwards and stabs a nearby enemy with her claws and turns the enemy into a mindless drone that mimics her movements exactly and will block any incoming damage it happens to be in the way of. Garuda can create a max of five drones and each drone will stand in a set place around garuda (think mirage's first ability) Drone damage calculated by a modable multiplier with a base of 1.5x at max rank and damage buff from passive applies to damage done by drones.

Second ability: Duration based abililty where garuda will siphon a modable 50% health from all enemies in a modable radius (drones count and drain precentage is divided among enemies within radius EX: if 5 enemies within siphon radius garuda will siphon 10% health from each enemy in range) 

Third ability: Garuda fires her claws out in a circular pattern. ability does high damage and upon killing an enemy the claws give a modable +200% ability to drop a health orb (health conversion synergy anyone?) 

Fourth ability: Garuda weaponizes her own blood creating two blood warfans that when swung fire blades made of garuda's blood (like exalted blade but much smaller and have a much quicker travel speed) each swing of her warfans drains 1% health and 3 energy/s 

Thats its for my ideas, thanks for reading!

hace 8 horas, mrrobotto67 dijo:

I feel like a liar because on the devstream post i said i only had issues with her 1 and 4. Now that i think about it i don't really like her kit at all. 

• The passive is something i can see on Valkyr, since it goes well with her gimmick, but on Garuda seems a bit forced and feels like they wanted to stick that idea ASAP.
  • Her 1 is like they tried to jampack a lot of the ideas they had since they couldn't add them all, and top of that i don't know how good will it actually be being that: the swipe is very slow, the shield can only cover wherever you are looking at (remember that you are being shot from almost every angle) and the blood orb thing doesn't seem to do that much damage unless you are pretty close to dying.
  • Her 2 is nice on some aspects but i fear the health regen won't be as fast as the damage enemies will be able to give you. Also the fact that you can't move that further from the impaled enemy could hurt quite a bit.
  • Her 3 feels like they needed to add something for her passive to feel like it was worth it.
  • Her 4 is basically a suckish version of Dance Macabre with blades instead of lasers.

Now, i don't want this to be just a sh*tstorm on the abilities for Garuda (this is the first time i have done this and it is because i haven't been as invested on a warframe as i am with her since i love Gory sh*t), i want to propose some ideas (i am not gonna give names since i really suck at it on an almost criminal level).

• Passive: Garuda heals herself whenever an enemy has a slash proc produced by her or any of her weapons in a 10m range (teammates don't count) It wouldn't be an insta-heal off course, the healing would happen whenever the slash proc ticks. It would scale when more than one enemy has a slash proc.
  • Her 1 could be a quick swipe with her claws that could combo with a melee combo she is executing, next hit you do with the melee weapon would have a high chance (maybe even guaranteed) to proc slash for 3 seconds (maybe 2 since we are linking a lot of hits on a short time). This would be to help the passive but also would help to kill enemies faster.
  • In her 2 She would use an already dead body and pull it to herself, from there it could do 2 things depending on her health. 1) she would get a porcentage of the enemy healt if she is missing at least 30% of her total health OR could buff power strength if she is missing less than 30% of her health or not missing it at all. (imagine she is eating the corpse like Hannibal used to do on his free time).
  • For her 3 she could make something similar to mines BUT instead of exploding, it would grow a spike that would stab enemys, procking slash and blast because the corpse would explode. (it would be a quick pull in-pull out, also the animation could be her stabbing the ground with the claws). 
  • For her 4 i think she could use exalted claws BUT instead of life stealing or invulnerability, it would give extra range to her other abilites and have combos that would allow her to pull enemies closer to her.  

I think this could be a better kit taking into account her gimmick. Will this (or any) changes that has been said will take place or even in concideration? probably not, they seem quite happy with the late product and i don't know if they want to hold on her release, But miracles can happen.

Now that i think about it, this could be implemented too as a secondary passive:

The cost of her abilities 1,3 and 4 could be shared between 66% energy and 34% health. For example the most expensive ability could cost 66 energy but also 34 health, for the exalted Claws could be 2 energy per second and 1 health per second.

So, people have been saying that Garuda ultimate is boring and just another channeling ability like revanant.

They want changes, and considering that DE seemed to have the same ideas as I had when they nerfed Saryn we seem to be on a similar wave length. So heres my loud mouth opinion:

Gardua's ultimate should drain HP as well as energy, and should have the power to kill you if you use it for too long. It should also ignore mods like quick thinking, as well as ignore things like healing warframe abilities (Blessing, Renewal, Health Pancakes ETC). Garuda can still use health and energy pickups.

It would fit thematically, and would prevent Gardua from being a complete press 4 to win warframe, and it would also force players to use all of Gardua's abilities. You'd need her 2 to get your HP full, her 3 to get energy for the ultimate, her 1 in order to create a shield so she can charge into enemies (As her 4 ability does not provide invuln). It would result in a solid, synigized kit that would prevent people from just spamming 4 like they did with Revenant.

But what do you all think?

10 minutes ago, mrrobotto67 said:

Now that i think about it, this could be implemented too as a secondary passive:

The cost of her abilities 1,3 and 4 could be shared between 66% energy and 34% health. For example the most expensive ability could cost 66 energy but also 34 health, for the exalted Claws could be 2 energy per second and 1 health per second.

This Passive would work well with Hunter Adrenaline and the Healing too.

Edited by VPrime96

3 hours ago, Luthier_Marke said:

A lot of the overall playerbase, myself included, think that Garuda is too close to Valkyr as it is now.

Um think you got it the wrong way around buddy.

People are complaining that her 4th is too much like rev's therefore it's lazy and uninspired. Then these said group of people then say they should have exalted claws and be pretty much a discount Valkyr.

Here's my take:

I think Garuda's kit can be synergized without to much change. She needs a way to enhance her abilities to suit the situation and I think a stacking buff mechanic that is spend when abilities are used could do it.

1) Blood Offering: Garuda leaps toward an enemy target and inflicting massive damage and sacrifices its blood to gain x stacks and becomes status immune when Blood Offering again within x seconds, the skill then resets. Short cooldown. I would even be okay with making her immune to nullifiers, I think having specific skills that are designed to go through nullifier bubbles is fine. 

2) Sanguine Siphon will gain an additional spears and damage per stack, a single enemy can have up to x spears any additional stacks attack nearby enemies. Each bone spear that damages an enemy will return half a stack, rounded down. Cooldown based on number of stacks fewer stacks shorter cooldown. This lets the player choose to hit smaller groups more often for lower damage or save up stacks to hit a large group with high damage.

3) Life Sunder The energy you regain is split between nearby allies, in addition you gain x stacks per target energized. Short cooldown. This is to create better synergy between Garduda and her party. So in a full group each nearby member would get a small amount of energy but Garuda would get more stacks while when she is solo she will get fewer stacks but won't have to split the energy.

4) Engulfing Blades / Blood Shield: Nearby allies gain a blood shield for x duration/hp pool, stacks increase its duration. These blood shields mitigate damage and shoot blood bullets at enemies that damage it. Long cooldown. This further synergizes Garuda with her team and gives her a balance between damage and support roles.

5) Passive: Bloodlust the enemy senses your intent to kill and come running when enemies see you they realise the mistake they made coming here and their first x shots have % less accuracy.

Of course exact wording is not set in stone but I think a layout like this could work.

Her ultimate is boring and it's just nyx's ultimate with blades,so i have an idea.

When she casts her four,she gets damage resistence and while she gets hurt while casting the ability she stores up damage,when deactivating her 4th ability,spikes/blades or whatever pointy stuff (to match garuda's kit and design) is rising up from enemies in range dealing the damage she stored. She always starts with 100 damage.

Edited by ClaudiuR18

20 minutes ago, (PS4)MegaToxic said:

I think her kit is fine, I just hope she isn't like Khora to obtain. I still don't have Khora because I need her systems and Blueprint and they drop chance is crazy low.

I know i wouldn't try to farm her because i'm thinking about buying her with Plat but trying to farm Garuda like Khora would be ridiculous.

hace 1 hora, LupisV0lk dijo:

Um think you got it the wrong way around buddy.

People are complaining that her 4th is too much like rev's therefore it's lazy and uninspired. Then these said group of people then say they should have exalted claws and be pretty much a discount Valkyr.

I didnt made myself clear there. I meant in themes it is far too close to valkyr and yes, the exalted claws are a lazy "fix" and the current 4 is placeholder material at best.

1 hour ago, Luthier_Marke said:

I didnt made myself clear there. I meant in themes it is far too close to valkyr and yes, the exalted claws are a lazy "fix" and the current 4 is placeholder material at best.

The claws on the warframe were stated during Tennocon as being part of a claw set released with her rather than built-in for the look, it seems that changed, but leaves thematically room for a reasoning for them.

Alternative ultimate ability suggestion to make it more engaging:

The ult is separated into 2 phases, like Harrow's covenant. 

First phase is you run around like a vampire and drain the life force out of enemies. 

Second phase gives you a buff based on how well you performed during the first phase. All your attacks gain a + chance to slash proc and enemies killed by you burst and do aoe slash damage. 

OR

Enrage all enemies, causing them to target you instead of allies. Every time an enemy hits you, they lose x% of their health for every x% of your own health that is missing. So if you're currently at 20% health any enemy that hits you instantly loses HP equivalent to 80% of their max health. 

Edited by Essemgee

First off, I just want to say that I enjoy Garuda's theme. I like the nonchalant, elegant violence flavor. I like the look of the blood siphoning ability and the self-mutilating ability, they fit well. Here is what I have some constructive criticism on:

Her first ability seems very slow. I understand it is a multi-faceted ability, but I feel like it's simply trying to do too much. It should be an attack that does something specific, like apply guaranteed bleed procs or the like. The shield seems like a step backwards from her kit revolving around taking damage and healing. The shield just seems like it would get in the way of her other quirks too much. Plus the projectile just seems ill-fitting.

Her ultimate, while very cool looking and not a direct copy-paste of Danse Macabre, is a bit too much in the same vein. The "Press 4 and move around" just doesn't seem very engaging to play as. But I would actually like to propose something that I feel would make Garuda very unique! I won't bother trying to make stats for it because honestly DE would have to balance it anyways. But to go with the aforementioned nonchalant, elegant, gore theme, I propose the following:

Her ult should allow her to dip into negative HP.

Just think about that for a moment. Screw invulnerability or armor or any of that. She wants to be hurt. She wants to take damage. If she could survive at negative HP while her ult is active, think of the synergy. It would be a very high-risk high-reward scenario. Here's a bit more detail:

I imagine this ability functioning either as a duration ability, or a as an ability that would drain a set amount of enemy per hit she sustains while below 0 HP. It would function similarly either way. If below 0 HP, she would have to kill enemies to sustain this state for longer(either by adding time or replenishing a small amount of energy per kill), while applying a small, stacking slow effect on herself that would cap out eventually. While she is slowing down, her damage from her passive would sail much higher than normal! But beware, if the ability ends while in the negative, Garuda would die, rather than bleeding out as normal. If you want to safely exit this strange twilight state, you would need to heal out of the negative before it ends. So while Nullifiers or Disruptors would pose a threat, most other enemies would be eviscerated.

I also would imagine those huge bone talons getting put to good use as an exalted weapon. Melee slashes for close threats and ranged bone spears for stragglers. As the slow stacks up, precision would be necessary to safely maintain the carnage. To describe my mental image for this ability: Garuda is slowly sauntering down the hallway of a Corpus ship, blood slowly dripping off of her form and onto the cold metal beneath. As a group of Crewman rush in, shouting, she waves her hand at them, tossing a cluster of razor-sharp bone spears toward them, pinning them to the wall where they quickly bleed out.

Again, I just want to re-iterate that I feel like the ability to temporarily survive below 0 HP would be very unique and fun, but also very risky. And the slow strut while precisely picking off enemies lends to the elegance to counter Valkyr's blind rage.

Note: While the slow is just a minor idea I had to sort of balance out the ability concept. I suppose it's really not that necessary considering Defy/Covenant/Every other defensive ability, but still. Just a proposal. I still feel that the basic concept is fairly strong regardless. This is all a basic idea as DE would take their own liberties with it anyways.

Edited by Reiyd

Oh, its that Rob suggestion again, combined with the Potato Hela suggestion, because that is just what I want,  abilities that make my space ninja less mobile, again, and still ignores the talons.

Slow strutting belongs in Milan, or at best, as some frivolous emote. Allow Garuda to engage in a character action ballet instead.

Shooting spears is not even interesting enough to warrant such a sacrifice in mobility, its something that is barely interesting enough to be a 4, and could actually be a Radial Javelin upgrade if it takes some cues from Vergil/Nero/Lucifer.

Shoot, Garuda might as well be able to pick up the spires from her 2 and throw those instead, or jump on the impaled bloody bodies to slide across the floor on, DMC3/4 style like I recommended in another post. She could even do ballerina twirls around the spire with one leg and taloned arm outstretched, hitting nearby enemies until she stops sliding on the body and or the spire duration is over(Not mid slide though.). Now that is elegant, no sacrifice in mobility needed, even incorporates the talons.

Would also be better than playing ring around the rosy/babysitting those spires in a stationary spot.

Then there is the thing with the bones being suggested, those could be a whole other frame concept altogether, they have barely even scratched the surface of the blood theme here, much less the talons.

Edited by UrielColtan

On 2018-10-24 at 4:21 AM, Darkuhn said:

I must say, I'm glad they gave her an Ability that can be used to generate Energy from Health any time you want.

So you would not need to sacrifice mod slots for Rage/Hunter Adrenaline which gives more flexibility to possible builds.

And just because there is a mod that has a similar effect doesn't mean an Ability is bad or useless.

An Example: For x seconds the new ability gives all Allies in 15m Energy when you pick up an Energy Orb. This is an amazing Ability despite Arcane Energize existing already in the game. Are there other means to reproduce the same Effect? Yes! Is that a bad thing? No! It frees up some of our limited Slots to try something new.

Why would you imply that I have a problem with two of something when I pointed out 2 mods that are basically the same?

This is a matter of what you consider more important, an optional mod and arcane slot, or a locked in ability slot that can't be changed. I think its easy to understand where I lean now. I would rather the move not simply give energy nor just be there to contribute to such an iffy passive. Garuda doesn't even have good enough offensive abilities and barely has good defensive abilities, to warrant lowering the health, either. 

Her 1 is a two in one offense/defense and its merely single target(And slow), then there is the shield it provides, which was not doing a good job of protecting her, Garuda's armor was doing most of the work in saving her. And for her 2, I need more energy and damage to what? To not even kill four mooks, which is counterintuitive to that ability to begin with, an ability I have to be stationary for to boot, when moving around would be more beneficial to her health(And energy.)? Yay.....I guess. More damage to......self damage myself? Um.......Okay. The boring 4 that sacrificed the mobility I could be using to kill even better? Just........awesome.

Yeah, me and quite a few other people would take an actual ability over that self damage thing, and would cope with a mod slot for Rage or Hunter Adrenaline, and an arcane slot for energize,, or hell, use Zenurik Waybounds, if we are that hard up for energy. I'm not that hungry for energy that I want this self damage move taking up an ability slot, other Warframe abilities that give your frame energy in the game, tend to do other things, and you don't need to sacrifice your health for it.

Edited by UrielColtan

I don't know if this has been mentioned but in the dev stream Garuda gets hit after being put on 2 health by her 3 but instead of dieing heals to full. It occurs at 22:10 and  I don't know if this is a dev build thing or she has some kind of undisclosed mechanic to help at low health.

57 minutes ago, Solarsyphon said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned but in the dev stream Garuda gets hit after being put on 2 health by her 3 but instead of dieing heals to full. It occurs at 22:10 and  I don't know if this is a dev build thing or she has some kind of undisclosed mechanic to help at low health.

Looks like that dev build thing, which they can turn on or off. You will notice it in past dev streams for different frames. Not dying keeps the stream going, during a tour of something.

Edited by UrielColtan

So I heard from YT's Life of Rio the her 4th skill was scraped and being remade. 

I'd like to suggest as her 4th: Blood Rage

Idea behind it: Her 4th needs to pull her 1, 2, and 3 together or 2 of the 3 skills. Her kit lacks a bit of safety. Blood and Gore taken to another level.

Skill 4 - Blood Rage: Garuda's Blood boils and takes form.

Effect: Manifest up to 2 blood clones of Garuda, cash with 1 of her 2 sets of metal claws to bend to her will. (while leveling, only 1 is formed until maxed).
Blood clones will sport the same max health pool as the Garuda x 10, non-linked, and will perform the skills with, or for, her at twice the speed. Passive applies to them, referencing Garuda's current health pool for effect strength. Should Garuda take a fatal hit/shot/blow anything. One of the blood clones expires and gets re-absorbed granting Garuda 10% of that previous clone's current health and #second/s of invulnerability. (basically 3 kills 3 strikes. she out).

Looks: Upper half of the body resembles Garuda, lower half is like a column of spinning blood.

Sounds: maybe liquid-y like as if someone bought a 20kg tub of slime combo'd with water sounds both splash and flopped about all with a soft malevolent laughter.

Functions: Garuda's blood bodyguards. They stay by her side while not forgetting that SHE is in charge of them, standing to her back-left and back-right unless possessing one of those bloodsoul orbs of their own(this position changes to help w the first skills shield coverage). They generate their own aggro(benefiting evasion based survival) and If an enemy is too close to Garuda or themselves, they will attack that enemy with a Knockdown.

Attacks: Shot blood spike projectile(if Garuda is firing a gun). Extendable metal claw arm swipes(If Garuda is melee-ing in an enemy's general direction, or as normal if within normal melee ranges). may not need a range mod but could benefit from any projectile flightspeed mods equipped on Garuda's firearms... maybe. She is coming with a crossbbow so ... just saying. 

Activation type: Toggle
Drain: 3energy and 5hp per second (as an example)

PASSIVE: The lower her health, the more damage she does.

ONE: Cast upon an enemy to tear them apart with your claws. Doing so summons a shield in front of you to protect you, for a set duration. Additionally, you harvest their blood that can the charged by draining your energy and thrown at enemies to do damage.

skill 1 under her FOUR: Garuda's blood clones will perform the attack in tandem and create the blood soul shields/orbs for each of them plus Garuda.
skill1's orb toss feature under her FOUR: the clones will fire off their blood soul orbs along with Garuda, CHARGING the skill instead cause the clones to take their orbs to absorb it and be fortified with a CLOTTING effect, which reduces damage to damage types by 50%, non scale-able, not stack-able(cannot be done twice for 100%), Garuda will still throw her orb though. The CLOT effect last for _____ seconds, duration mod affecting.

TWO: Cast upon an enemy to impale them, creating an AOE that drains their life force to heal you.

Skill 2 under her FOUR: The clone or clones will project the spike themselves and carry the victim. It won't heal the clone/s. However, the clones cannot attack until the skill ends or manually deactivated. Allies can heal for ##health per second by interacting with the clone holding the victim and paying 5 energy, fueling Garuda for 25 energy gained or her passive for +5% should her energy be full. the heal benefit lasts for the remainder of Garuda's skill's duration and those benefited are given a blood mark that allows them to be healed even if outside of the healing radius. This is in case the healing only applies to Garuda. If it affects the team as well, then the blood offering made generates that same blood mark and provides a secondary effect to  grant the ally with ##%dmg reduction. 

THREE: Cast to lower your health, giving you energy based on the amount of health drained.

Skill 3 under her FOUR: Heal's the blood clones as well by 25% the clone's health pool(not final, y'all can change it however you like). Should one clone was lost and one clone remains, one is created at full health at a cost of ## additional energy.

Overall: The kit becomes, albeit a tad complex, more together. She sports a unique form of offense, defense, and support. Her survival is likely improved. Solo and team play with/around Garuda is more welcome. 

Hopefully this BLOOD RAGE idea is fleshed out enough to be helpful to the team for Garuda, no pun intended, and is considered. Some holes are there but it's what I brainstormed up within a short time and be patched with your input.