Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎21 at 2:49 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Stop throwing Gara under the bus. Like seriously have you even used her 4s scaling ability? Because I feel like people’s ignorance to that fact is why everyone thinks she’s trash.

Also your ideas aren’t good.

It`s called and opinion idiot if you like gara that`s you. Grow up and stop acting emotional.

Hey there.
First things first, I did not read all the post in here, I'm just here to share my feeling about what we discovered from Garuda on devstream 118.

I have to say, the berserker playstyle hype me so much, that was a gameplay I loved to use on many MMORPG, so having a Frame with that kind of conception will be awesome.

About the first ability, I'm not a big fan of the shield visual design, the 4 borders seen on the devstream looked very huge to me on the screen, and abit too much "technological" for her visual look. I like the idea of the defensive shield, definitly will be usefull for her, but I felt like the orb and the corners of the shield were some kind of Drone affiliated to Garuda, and in my mind it's definitly not right (but, it's only my visual tastes xP) Except that, I'm sure I'll enjoy a lot her first ability, with those claws massive damage attack.

About the second ability, well... I think I have nothing really usefull to say, looks badass, but... Did I saw corpus Moa Bleeding ? (okay, that was an easy one XD) Honnestly, for nothing in the universe I'd trade this small anachronisme for more logic and loose the bloodish style of that skill, but maybe some Oil leaks instead of the blood. (but this would then mean every enemy type would requiere specific particules to be used, maybe a lot of work for nothing gameplay usefull, so keep that for later hotfixes or so xP)

About the third ability, definitly necessary for a berserker to be able to low down her own health, and even better, it's a Conversion utility, granting you energy at the cost of your health which makes you gaining damages as well. On the MMORPG I played with berserkers classes, we also had possibility to lower our health using skills that requieres a weapon, we attacked the target with that skill and the needed weapon and that was reducing our health, maybe here it's an idea for some kind of Signature melee weapon unique mecanisme ? (charged heavy attack of melee 3.0 consuming some health instead of the regular energy)

About the fourth ability, here is where I felt abit "disapointed", don't get me wrong, the skill itself looks very interessant, the way it works, but I feel like it's not in the same style as the other abilities. When I saw it on the stream, the two first things I had in mind were "Revenant 4th similarity" and "Inaros sandstorm with Blades". The way it makes you unable to perform regular melee attacks, shooting attacks, or your base skills. To me, from what I saw during the devstream, the 4th ability is kinda too "chill and kill" for her. The three other skills seems to be very complexe to correctly manage, but the 4th seems like a "press 4 to win". I don't really bother if the skill stay as it is, but I just fear it would be so damn powerfull that the majority of the community will do like they did with revenant, using this frame with only playing the 4th ability and saying "revenant was the biggest dissapointement of warframe" (revenant is damn cool, but just requieres deep analysis of his gameplay, and I'm sure melee 3.0 will change how revenant is meant to be played)

About the default color of the frame, well just one thing to say, the "white" part of her skin seems to be a non metalish zone, and I have to admit I was so happy by the idea of having a frame with as much glowy metalish part on the skin as my mirage prime, based on the artworks. But meh, it's okay, she's still very very very nice !

Edited by Etzu

hace 49 minutos, Solarsyphon dijo:

I don't know if this has been mentioned but in the dev stream Garuda gets hit after being put on 2 health by her 3 but instead of dieing heals to full. It occurs at 22:10 and  I don't know if this is a dev build thing or she has some kind of undisclosed mechanic to help at low health.

That is a Dev Build thing, they had god mode on xD

11 hours ago, UrielColtan said:

Oh, its that Rob suggestion again, combined with the Potato Hela suggestion, because that is just what I want,  abilities that make my space ninja less mobile, again, and still ignores the talons.

Slow strutting belongs in Milan, or at best, as some frivolous emote. Allow Garuda to engage in a character action ballet instead.

Shooting spears is not even interesting enough to warrant such a sacrifice in mobility, its something that is barely interesting enough to be a 4, and could actually be a Radial Javelin upgrade if it takes some cues from Vergil/Nero/Lucifer.

Shoot, Garuda might as well be able to pick up the spires from her 2 and throw those instead, or jump on the impaled bloody bodies to slide across the floor on, DMC3/4 style like I recommended in another post. She could even do ballerina twirls around the spire with one leg and taloned arm outstretched, hitting nearby enemies until she stops sliding on the body and or the spire duration is over(Not mid slide though.). Now that is elegant, no sacrifice in mobility needed, even incorporates the talons.

Would also be better than playing ring around the rosy/babysitting those spires in a stationary spot.

Then there is the thing with the bones being suggested, those could be a whole other frame concept altogether, they have barely even scratched the surface of the blood theme here, much less the talons.

While you're obviously very upset by the idea of the one downside I proposed, I still think that the overall concept I was proposing is fairly strong. As for all the dancing theme, I dunno. For some reason I hear "Cold, calculated, and detached" coupled with this picture:

latest?cb=20180828012800

And I don't really see ballet. But you do you man. My point is being able to survive normally fatal hits would synergize well with the good parts of her current kit: Her life siphoning to heal back from the negative to avoid instant death, and her passive scaling off of health missing. The exalted weapon idea is just an addition to make use of her talons without being too similar to Valkyr gameplay-wise. The ranged option would be interesting and very doable(given Titania as an example, or thrown melee "hold E to throw" mechanics), but again, is just a separate idea.

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s more than”just an opinion” literally a majority of the community thinks Gara is trash for no reason whatsoever.

Seriously? does it matter what ppl bloody think? as long as u like gara nothing matters. Ill say my comment again, I don`t want garuda to be like gara, kora and revenant. Also did u notice that I didn`t get emotional when u said my ideas r not good?

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757

2 hours ago, Reiyd said:

While you're obviously very upset by the idea of the one downside I proposed, I still think that the overall concept I was proposing is fairly strong. As for all the dancing theme, I dunno. For some reason I hear "Cold, calculated, and detached" coupled with this picture:

latest?cb=20180828012800

And I don't really see ballet. But you do you man. My point is being able to survive normally fatal hits would synergize well with the good parts of her current kit: Her life siphoning to heal back from the negative to avoid instant death, and her passive scaling off of health missing. The exalted weapon idea is just an addition to make use of her talons without being too similar to Valkyr gameplay-wise. The ranged option would be interesting and very doable(given Titania as an example, or thrown melee "hold E to throw" mechanics), but again, is just a separate idea.

Yeah, I would say that Nohime, Bayonetta, or 2B, are pretty cold, calculated, elegant, and have little regrets over the mooks they destroy, so yeah, I'll typically go that direction, over slow walking down the runway for a mediocre ultimate, sorry. Maybe save that for an emote taunt instead. 

Edited by UrielColtan

It would be great if her claws were exalted in a way that they functioned like the glaives. Press to swing claws and hold to throw a claw. Hell you could even have it where if you tap right after you throw the first claw she would throw more claws until she has thrown eight. I saw a commenter on a Reaper Hunter video mention having the claws be called back and damage enemies in their path on their way back to the warframe. I think if it's exalted and activated then reload button would recall the blades. That would be completely functional. Not that it would happen but hoping that the rework of her ultimate would be more interesting. 

This may be one of my first posts since closed beta? I am probably wrong. I figured I at least had to share my idea here even if I'm just speaking to the Void.

(Edit)This is my first post on the forum in 5 years, hurray!

Edited by IdealistTCO
Forgot to state that it was a Reaper Hunter video where I saw the comment on the claw reload.

id had the idea that while she is blender mode she could click on a person similar to how hydroid gets to tentacle people into his puddle 

garuda shoots and or throws a spear knife into the enemy and pulls her self to them and them to her so the force of their combined momentum ensure that guy is going to feel the blender hard and i think like if she tapped melee she atleast swipe or let her cast her 1 while blending but we always have hope for the augment if things dont pan out 

Example: enemy is 10 meters away you click on them stab them and pull Garuda travels 5 meters forward to them and the enemy is pulled 5 meters to garuda so they smash in the middle and the enemy is no doubt looking like a pile of shredded cheese or beef 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Seriously? does it matter what ppl bloody think? as long as u like gara nothing matters. Ill say my comment again, I don`t want garuda to be like gara, kora and revenant. Also did u notice that I didn`t get emotional when u said my ideas r not good?

I mean....you’re getting emotional right now....so no, I’m not noticing you not getting emotional.

First of all, I know she's wip, I'm just giving my opinion on what they've shown us on the Devstream.

I'll start with a sugestion: why not stick to the idea of 'cold, calculated murderer', kinda Ash-like playstyle but without invisibility, for example? You know... she doesn't look like a "gore" frame, she's more like a majestic-royal-ninja-assassin from space...

Her first hability's pounce looks cool, but... where does she get that shield from? It could be more like Mesa's shield, would make more sense... And what about her blood orb? It looks like a bloodmancer thing, which, I believe, is not the frame's theme. They could remove it and add AoE to the pounce instead.

Her 2 is ok in my opinion, but only one target impaled in a small area seems weak and risky for high level content.

Her 3 is insteresting but I think trading health for energy is unnecessary. There's Zenurik's dash, the new Dethcube mod, energy plates, which all give energy... She could get a buff to her habilities or something like this. And... that blood fx on her is weird and ruins her beauty...

Her ult is... complicated... I think my opinion here is not different, you know... it's Revenant-like but weaker, it looks like a moving blender, and it's boring/not interactive. I know it's complicated and takes time, but it could be a different type of exalted weapon with a different mechanic, literally arm blades!

Now, I have an idea that many of you may disagree with: it is important to have a variety of warframe roles and habilities to make them feel unique. But if you stop to think, not many things are "unique" in Warframe... some frames do the same thing but in a different way. If you think of Garuda's pounce, it kinda does the same thing as Ash with fatal teleport, but in a different way, and they both look cool while doing it, know where I'm getting at? The game is all about looking cool and stylish, there is no point in making something 'unique' that is not cool or fun/enjoyable to use.

On 2018-10-19 at 6:53 PM, o0Despair0o said:

I wanted here to be something like Valk's 4. Not a direct copy, but... you know... something where I actually get to punch people myself.

And I agree with this, would make it feel like it's really you that is killing the enemies, not some random flying blades.

Thanks for reading it all, I really hope that Garuda will use all of her potential, visually and mechanically!

3 minutes ago, Greystrun said:

Now, I have an idea that many of you may disagree with: it is important to have a variety of warframe roles and habilities to make them feel unique. But if you stop to think, not many things are "unique" in Warframe... some frames do the same thing but in a different way. If you think of Garuda's pounce, it kinda does the same thing as Ash with fatal teleport, but in a different way, and they both look cool while doing it, know where I'm getting at? The game is all about looking cool and stylish, there is no point in making something 'unique' that is not cool or fun/enjoyable to use.

Highly agree with this but to me, Her 1 is like Excal's Slash Dash than Ash's Fatal Teleport but the way she gushes out blood after you cast it is cool though. 

3 hours ago, UrielColtan said:

Yeah, I would say that Nohime, Bayonetta, or 2B, are pretty cold, calculated, elegant, and have little regrets over the mooks they destroy, so yeah, I'll typically go that direction, over slow walking down the runway for a mediocre ultimate, sorry. Maybe save that for an emote taunt instead. 

I find it honestly comical how you keep harping on one little thing instead of critiquing the main point of the entire post. 😂 But I see you're really attached to your waifus so I'll leave you to that.

15 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

Highly agree with this but to me, Her 1 is like Excal's Slash Dash than Ash's Fatal Teleport but the way she gushes out blood after you cast it is cool though. 

I think they said it's like Fatal Teleport because it is a single-target attack, rather than Slash Dash which can chain between enemies. I don't necessarily mind it so much, but the shield feels out of place in her kit to me personally.

3 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

How can you compare a dash that targets multiple enemies to a single target execution? By now I think people are just riding the wave of popular opinions. Ash's fatal teleport is the closest comparison it can get.

Just now, ShadowExodus said:

How can you compare a dash that targets multiple enemies to a single target execution? By now I think people are just riding the wave of popular opinions. Ash's fatal teleport is the closest comparison it can get.

Because if it was like Ash's Fatal Teleport, Garuda would teleport behind her enemy, Not hit them with her Talon like a Single Target Slash Dash.

1 hour ago, Reiyd said:

I find it honestly comical how you keep harping on one little thing instead of critiquing the main point of the entire post. 😂 But I see you're really attached to your waifus so I'll leave you to that.

Oh, is that why you suggested Hela? Because she is your "waifu"? Not because you wanted to suggest interesting abilities? Well, if you say so.

I personally didn't see the perversion in suggesting cues be taken from elegant females of character action gameplay, as opposed to a non interactive movie and runway strutting, where the viewers' hands are more idle, but ok. 

Btw, I critiqued what I didn't like, i covered everything I cared to and covered other things you mentioned in following reply to another poster, you seem to have changed some things since I first commented, so I don't know what you want me to critique now unless you put forward some new idea specifically.

My commentary was mostly general anyway since I saw other people suggesting that, as I pointed out in my initial post.

Edited by UrielColtan
Typo

So anyways, what is everyone's opinion on Garuda's 1st ability? I like the attack, but as I said a few times before, the shield feels out of place with her. And the blood orb, what do you guys think of that? I like the concept of her pooling up blood from the enemies and using it, but tacked onto the shield and all it's just not very good in my opinion.

56 minutes ago, Reiyd said:

So anyways, what is everyone's opinion on Garuda's 1st ability? I like the attack, but as I said a few times before, the shield feels out of place with her. And the blood orb, what do you guys think of that? I like the concept of her pooling up blood from the enemies and using it, but tacked onto the shield and all it's just not very good in my opinion.

The leap attack is pretty cool and they should explore more on that. I agree that the shield feels out of place in her theme. And as I said before, I think the blood orb should be removed because she's a gore frame, and that doesn't mean she has blood magic or anything.