Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

I can also agree with that. The blood magic seems like a bit of a stretch, though all of our powers are a bit magical in a sense. If she were to use the blood, only an explosive projectile would be odd, and as you said, not really fit the violence and gore theme.

Maybe her first ability could be a leap/dash toward an enemy that applies a guaranteed slash status? The ability to chain it would be nice as well. Knocking enemies prone for easy finishers would be pretty cool, and as a slight bit of "bird of prey" flavor, perhaps even the ability to use it while airborne.

I see people talking about Garuda being able to shoot her arm blades, and... I get the point, but I think it would fit better in an other frame concept, Garuda is supposedly the gore frame, she should be the "Jack the Ripper" of the warframes, ripping and tearing through enemies. But many say "Valk already does that", yes, but only during her ult, if that's the case, Rip Line is not "gore", nor Warcry.

I like the idea of being able to either melee enemies with them or fire them at enemies, as it would be a bit more fun to have options like that. Pinning enemies to walls can be pretty gory, and has been a staple(hahahaha) of the game for me for a while. But at the same time, I understand that it may not necessarily fit, just an idea I like.

1 hour ago, Reiyd said:

So anyways, what is everyone's opinion on Garuda's 1st ability? I like the attack, but as I said a few times before, the shield feels out of place with her. And the blood orb, what do you guys think of that? I like the concept of her pooling up blood from the enemies and using it, but tacked onto the shield and all it's just not very good in my opinion.

It's interesting, but man it's a lot. It's a high-damage melee closer and a shield and an AOE projectile? It feels like a nearly-complete kit, all in one ability, and it's the first ability. I think maybe the blood orb needs to move to her 3. Like you pop your health and create an orb that's partially charged with your own blood, and is charged further by incoming damage (including damage absorbed by the 1's shield).

I'm not really in love with her shield's appearance. It's just kinda there. Obviously it needs to be pretty minimalist in order to not interfere with gameplay. But if you want to go with a blood mage theme, two things. First, make the shield a circle instead of a square. Garuda is a blood mage, and circles fit better with both the organic squishy aesthetic and also the thaumaturgical aesthetic (the Winchester boys don't trap demons in squares). Second, instead of shards of bone or whatever, outline the shield in a thin, constantly-flowing stream of blood.

Gore is at best comestic and can even be turned off in options. She isn't anymore a "gore" frame than many other frames when you remove the window shade and label, and just look at her kit functions. Otherwise the blood was the only distinctly gory thing about her, which you can work with if you want to go that direction, and make her a blood mage like mentioned in the devstream.

I know the original idea was to have her using enemies as meat sheilds but then they seemingly realized how inadequate enemy models are as shields, so they made that concept into a transparent wall, that doesn't even increase damage of your shots like Volt's does at least, and is only really worth throwing.away into a crowd. I think a full body blood iron carapace that allows different functions when hit, would be better personally. 

Edited by UrielColtan

15 hours ago, UrielColtan said:

Looks like that dev build thing, which they can turn on or off. You will notice it in past dev streams for different frames. Not dying keeps the stream going, during a tour of something.

Fair enough but I think a mechanic like that would work well with her current kit. Like if  the health removed by 3 went into a pool that can be used for energy or an emergency heal when on low health.

I quite like her current 1-3 from what we've seen but i kinda want the whole 'gore' concept to go further i.e:

Ravenous Golem

I kinda envision a golem ultimate summon made of bones with long serated fore-arms which does different sweeping attacks that cut up enemies it killls. As it/you kills the enemies, it absorbs the body parts/machine parts (corpus) growing stronger and gaining bonus damage depending on the type of enemy bodies it has access to.

Edited by Soridian

Garuda has some synergy, but some of her abilities seem a bit meh. All life sunder does is act like a castable rage/hunter adrenaline, and her 4 just isn't that exciting. The following is a list of a few ideas which might spice things up a bit.

Core Mechanic: Killing enemies with Garuda's abilities fills up a blood meter, which, once full, grants the player a stack of [?Blood?]. Once the player has gained a stack, their next ability cast will be empowered, increasing its effectiveness/giving it new mechanics. The stack is consumed on an ability cast. (This gives the player incentive to use her fourth ability, as it has the most killing potential. While its not synergy per-say, its something a bit more than a basic "kill all")

Abilities:

Basic 1: No change

Empowered 1: Claws sweep in a wider radius, possibly adding a second rend animation. This gives it the potential to strike multiple enemies at once. In addition, any enemy killed past the first will overcharge her sheild/blood orb, giving it more duration/power/range (stacks with number of enemies killed)

Basic 2: No change

Empowered 2: Impales multiple enemies with one cast, either in an AOE around the target enemy, or an AOE radiating from Garuda.

Basic 3: As Garuda mutilates herself, her blood splatters on enemies in (A short) range, applying a "Marked for death/Sunder" effect. Enemies in the radius will either be de-buffed, or provide additional bonuses to Garuda when her abilities are cast on them. These bonuses are as follows (note that 'or' signifies that only one of the two effects would be implemented, not that the player could decide between which they chose to make use of):

• 1st ability - Marked enemies violently explode in blood when killed, either dealing AOE damage or getting blood in the eyes of other enemies and blinding them.
  • 2nd ability - Enemies who are both marked and impaled either siphon HP to Garuda more quickly, or die in her place when she takes lethal damage (encouraging the use of her passive)
  • 3rd ability - Garuda either gains additional energy (+ ~5) for each marked enemy in range when cast, or marked enemies lose a percentage of their health equivalent to the percentage of health Garuda lost upon casting.
  • 4th ability - If blood charges were implemented, mark enemies provide x2 the charge of unmarked enemies. If blood charges were not implemented, killing a marked enemy absorbs their viscera, providing damage resistance for a limited time.

Empowered 3: Additional range.

Basic 4: No change

Empowered 4: Spikes no longer spin in a tight sphere around Garuda, instead forming a whirling tornado of blades around her. Enemies killed are rag-dolled and swept up into the storm, becoming deadly projectiles (their bodies are full of spikes). If cast with Sanguine Siphon [PH]/Impalement active, the spears/enemies are uprooted and dragged into the storm.

The point of these proposed changes would be to bring more life/synergy to Garuda's kit, giving purpose to some of her more basic abilities and providing her with a lot more options in combat. Anybody else have ideas?

Edited by Haerken

Yeah, personally I don't see her being much of a summoner. She just feels like an all-out attack frame with a few gallons of blood poured all over. The gigantic bone talons are sorta her trademark. While magic is sort of a very large part of each Warframe(the void and such), and she is very blood-themed, I just don't see caster/summoner as her role.

I think her passive should work similar to Faust Hat from DMC5 ( getting stacks from enemies and preparing for special attack ).

Whenever Garuda kills an enemy with her 1st ability,  she gains a blood stack which grants more damage to her or can be used as a resource for her 4th ( a blood rain ability would be neat ) .She loses stacks if she stops tearing enemies apart.

Edited by Aeon94

15 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

I think her passive should work similar to Faust Hat from DMC5 ( getting stacks from enemies and preparing for special attack ).

Whenever Garuda kills an enemy with her 1st ability,  she gains a blood stack which grants more damage to her or can be used as a resource for her 4th ( a blood rain ability would be neat ) .She loses stacks if she stops tearing enemies apart.

It would be a nice Passive but not sure if Pablo is going to copy Nidus Passive for Garuda.

The idea is ok. In my opinion the 4 is mostly fine it's just too passive. It reminds me allot of activating a super mode and just doing nothing with it.  She needs something else to do when using the ability and that could be anything.  It could be a melee attack like this suggests or just a normal shooting. My personal suggestion would be damage dealt to enemies forms blood orbs she can throw making it kind of like an exalted blood mage mode. 

15 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

It would be a nice Passive but not sure if Pablo is going to copy Nidus Passive for Garuda.

Well Nidus gains stacks from enemies hit by Virulence ( doesn't matter if it kills ) and loses some of them on fatal hit and 3&4 ability casts.

However Garuda gains them from killing enemies and loses them overtime if she stops killing.

Like Nova & Revenant passive similarity , one emits a shockwave when knocked down and other emits shockwave when shields depleted.

I think it shouldn't be a problem :)

Edited by Aeon94

I just got a great idea BUT to tell it i need to know if you know the Bloodbath scene from Hostel II, and can i post it on here? (i don't think so BUT since this is game for Mature audiences i don't feel really secure on my thoughts).

Edited by mrrobotto67

41 minutes ago, mrrobotto67 said:

I just got a great idea BUT to tell it i need to know if you know the Bloodbath scene from Hostel II, and can i post it on here? (i don't think so BUT since this is game for Mature audiences i don't feel really secure on my thoughts).

The only thing that's Secure in this game so far, in my opinion, is the In - Game Chat like Region and Relay Chat and how we treat Teammates. The Gameplay is not really Secure when you are killing enemies for 1 - 2 Hours straight and having Gore enable for the Blood and Dismemberment.

Justo ahora, VPrime96 dijo:

The only thing that's Secure in this game so far, in my opinion, is the In - Game Chat like Region and Relay Chat and how we treat Teammates. The Gameplay is not really Secure when you are killing enemies for 1 - 2 Hours straight and having Gore enable for the Blood and Dismemberment.

Yeah, but on that scene we have some nudity tho ... that is why i am not sure if i can post the video or not.

19 hours ago, Solarsyphon said:

Fair enough but I think a mechanic like that would work well with her current kit. Like if  the health removed by 3 went into a pool that can be used for energy or an emergency heal when on low health.

So something like this, I presume.

A derivative of Wukong's Defy basically. 

Edited by UrielColtan