Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

11 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

Because if it was like Ash's Fatal Teleport, Garuda would teleport behind her enemy, Not hit them with her Talon like a Single Target Slash Dash.

She doesn't have to teleport for it to be closer in comparison to it because the way it is both are a single target ability that executes the enemy. Slash dash is a multiple target ability that goes between enemies and hit them once.

I think her 3 should cut her health and give her a brief period where she cannot heal but her health can't drop below 1. This would then keep her health low for the duration, maintaining her passive even if there's a Trinity in the team. (Potentially she could store up the healing she would have recieved during this period, and get a bulk heal once the duration ends).

I also think she should be able to generate Health Orbs with her 1 and 4 when she hurts or kills enemies. Enemies who get their blood drained for her shield should drop an orb, as should any enemies struck by the blood orb.

Overall I like the idea of her being able to build stacks of 'bloodlust' similar to Nidus - it would reflect an elegant escalation of violence that the frame seems to embody. I disagree that her 3 should immediately apply the debuffs you describe -- instead, I think that it should simply build up several stacks of 'bloodlust' if cast without enough stacks. I think that the 'Empowered' version of her 3 could include an AoE debuff, though.

I also very much like the idea of enemies impaled by her 2 perishing in her place if she's killed (along with several stacks of bloodlust, like Nidus). Seeing how she plays around with low health, this could be vital to her survival at high levels.

As for her 4, it might be much better if it had synergy with the rest of her kit -- ie, she can dart forward while surrounded by blades with her 1 and generate her blood shield and fire the blood orb. That's the bare minimum of what I expect to happen. I actually think that the primary and secondary fire should have a use as well -- she could throw a series of blades with pinpoint accuracy at a target with primary, or have a shorter shotgun-style fan of blades with her alt-fire. It'd be similar to an exalted weapon mode.

I was so excited for the Garuda preview...

Then I saw her 1, and thought "Wow!" and then the shield popped up, and my enthusiasm waned a little. I thought "What if a mob spawns behind you? She's going to get one-shot in high level content."

Then I saw her 2, and enthusiasasm waned a little more. I thought "This is some minor health regen. Or it affects teammates and she's a... healer now?"

Then I saw her 3. Enthusiasm waned further. Confusion arose. I thought "Negative synergy with her 2? Don't we have enough ways to get energy already? And wait, she can drop to next to no health? She's going to get one-shot in high level content"

Then I saw her 4... And I hope rumors of its change are true.

Bearing in mind her small frontal shield, and the ability to drop her own health, anyone feel like taking her to Arbitration? Anyone?

Ill put my opinion in before Garuda is released. 

First of all, as Garuda is a "Blood Mage" (I like that theme), the name doesn't seem to match a Blood Mage.. "Gore"ruda (Goruda) seems more fitting then Garuda (Gara's identical sister) Lol. Get some Gorotica in your murderous life Lol. Meh..

Garuda looks Amazing. Tho she looks like and her abilities seem to be a Rework/Spinoff of Valkyr.

I like the Passive. Its a single frame specific Bloodlust Passive (increase Damage on damage to Garudas health) Goes with a Blood Mage theme. Im surprised Garuda doesnt have a Bleedout Passive like Inaros as well, to where DEAD enemies in range of downed Garuda reduce reviving time or revive Garuda.. Seems accurate to regenerate a Blood Mage..

Her first ability doesnt seem that bad for a defensive high level ability. (Most 1 and 2 abilities used for high level)  Issues i see with it could be on casting 1 shes vulnerable to damage and the blood shield is only a frontal shield in which 360 enemies or vertical enemies could possibly get a deadly shot off in Arbitrations. Or even casting the blood ball could leave you prone to enemy gunfire. I could see the blood ball having a syndicate mod of [Allies in range of blood ball detonation gain a stack of Armor] to go with the shield theme. So i guess the frontal shield is just a damage reduce for Garudas passive from 360 enemies? Why not just have damage reduce instead of a shield blocking vision?

Ability 2 I like the animation, I like the Health Regen, but I think it should accommodate [Health Conversion] being that she is a Blood Mage.. Additionally give + Fire Rate to allies, better yet (Bloodlust) + passive Slash Damage (Hunter Munitions without %Chance on Critical) to allies within range (so people dont waste ammo) and potential drop Health Orb from Slash Kill. There just isnt enough frames to produce Health Orbs consistently and [Broken Sceptor] is not a viable way of producing Health Orbs either.. Maybe, IN GENERAL, Slash Kills should have have a chance at producing a Health Orb to accommodate mods like [Health Conversion]   

Ability 3, Im on the fence with this ability.. I like the Sacrificial concept.. But lets say in Arbitration, or even a Garuda Spector its possible you could setting yourself up for failure after casting.. No decoy is deployed.. Overshields are not applied without mods.. I think the mechanic needs to be looked at more closely. Like make it a duration ability sacrificing #X# health per second.. Or make it a channeling ability, #X# instant health and channel #X#.. Id lean more towards #X# Health Duration ability..

Ability 4 looks great. It almost looks like a Valkyr Rework XD. I can see there being a issue with freedom of movement. Should probably make it a channeling ability that damages, Attack/trigger button Vortexes at additional cost.. Still able to Parkour while Vortex not active.

I still love my good old frames tho.. All the new frames seem like Spinoffs from the originals and some are not as effective as the old ones, but its nice to have some variations than everyone being the same Frame with the same abilities. I think every Warframes abilities should be modeled for survival in a Arbitration setting. Sayrn's Rework is probably the best and most Iconic Rework in Warframe.

I mean really theres 3 types of effective Frame abilties.. DPS,Defensive and Support.. Then an oddity for Spy like Ivara.

Edited by Grimmstyler

Not to be overly cliche but I want to see more blood and self-heal/powering up coming out of her abilities. I like the blood-mage, mistress of murder, vibes I'm getting from her. But I'd love to see a little more focus on the blood element from her frame.

Something big, flashy, and bloody, for her 4 would be swell. Puddles of blood would be awesome. My first thought was a big storm of blades you can direct around, like the conductor of a symphony, through groups of enemies. Which shreds them into pools of blood (these pools might be similar to the Mutalist Moa's pools). These blood pools cause damage to enemies and can be absorbed by allies for health.

Just some stray thoughts. I'm very excited to try out this frame.

12 hours ago, Regenerating_Degenerate said:

She should have been "spider" themed

Garuda is a bird in Hindu mythology... birds eat spiders.  Just sayin.  
(Although in all fairness DE's Garuda is nothing like the Garuda they took the name from, other than maybe her blades resembling his feathers)

Edited by (PS4)KnightMare18100

8 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

Maybe you could explain why it would be the worst thing to do?

1.The spawns in Arbitration Survival are more limiting than normal Survival is because of how many times i’ve played Arbitration Survival.

2. The Drones there are immune to most Frame’s abilities like Excalibur’s Exalted blade or Valkyr’s Warcry. 

So making most Frame’s ability good for Arbitration’s Survivals wouldn’t work that well since that GameMode still needs work.

Edited by VPrime96

1 hour ago, (PS4)KnightMare18100 said:

Garuda is a bird in Hindu mythology... spiders eat birds.  Just sayin.  
(Although in all fairness DE's Garuda is nothing like the Garuda they took the name from, other than maybe her blades resembling his feathers)

and birds eat spiders, whats your point?

11 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

Ability 3, Im on the fence with this ability.. I like the Sacrificial concept.. But lets say in Arbitration, or even a Garuda Spector its possible you could setting yourself up for failure after casting.. No decoy is deployed.. Overshields are not applied without mods.. I think the mechanic needs to be looked at more closely. Like make it a duration ability sacrificing #X# health per second.. Or make it a channeling ability, #X# instant health and channel #X#.. Id lean more towards #X# Health Duration ability..

Quick thinking. It gives energy so use your energy as health... 

Cool your jets, DE Steve has already said that her 4th ability is being changed after everyone said that it looks really un-interactive and a themed variant of Revenant's 4.

Honestly, at this point, I'm just waiting for her to come out. All of these opinion pieces aren't going to make a difference now that they've already said they're changing her. We won't see another variant until it's released, so there's no way we can influence things anymore than we have.

We've literally got (at longest) another three weeks. Just wait.