Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

10 hours ago, Atsia said:

ok but that's not her theme. Revenant already takes the classical vampire theme. And blood manipulation isn't something traditionally associated with vampires in the first place.

Lmao, Revenant IS NOT A VAMPIRE. He is an Eidolon. The whole vampire is BS and was scrapped long ago

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Lmao, Revenant IS NOT A VAMPIRE. He is an Eidolon. The whole vampire is BS and was scrapped long ago

Well he's not a purely eidolon frame. Half his kit is still quite clearly vampire themed.

I am revamping my idea on garuda and just to say some of these ideas are from the wf youtuber the reaper hunter. I am using some of his ideas because I like his ideas and I want them to be pushed.

1st ability:

·        (the reaper hunter) You lunge at multiple enemies using her claws. (works like excel`s 1st ability)

·        Range is about 18m and can be increased by mods.

2nd ability:

·        Garuda produces an aura around her that gives her 70% damage reduction.

·        Also absorbing damage taken from enemies will determine the amount of damage you will deal when throwing blood ball at enemies.

·        You will absorb the blood aura into your hands to form a bloody ball to throw at enemies or you absorb the aura into your claws, aim and stab the ground with the claws to shoot out spikes from the ground.

·        Synergy: the damage you absorbed can be used for the 1at ability.

3rd ability:

·        The ability can be used to syphon health and can be used to draw enemy agro.

·        For easy movement when syphoning health the range is 40m and can be increased by range mods, so you don`t have to stand around.

·        Instead of getting close to enemies to cast, wherever enemy you aim then use the ability at the enemy.

4th ability:

·        Her claws are an exalted weapon (the reaper hunter)

·        After casting the ability, holding the ability has three forms claws, duel swords and fans form. (some reaper hunter some mine)

·        Claws focus on damage, duel swords focus on reach and the fan form focus on aoe attacks. (they all do damage, but the claws do more damage.

·        It can come with its own stance based on grace and agility or you can equip claw, duel swords and fan stance on it.

11 hours ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

and birds eat spiders, whats your point?

I made a booboo, I meant to say it the other way around.  (Though yes also some spiders eat birds - that's just not what I intended to write, I was sleepy)

Birds are superior 😉 especially given the name  

Edited by (PS4)KnightMare18100

Okay so after seeing the feature of Garuda and thinking about her for a while now, I've formulated some opinions and ideas:

Overall she's a cool concept, but simply terrible in execution. Her style and appearance favor that of a fast hacking and slashing murder machine similar to Valkyr that manipulates blood on the side. Her abilities are a mixed bag with no real focus on a particular play-style in mind, with her first ability being incredibly out of place in so many ways.

So, my changes propose changing her into a speedy hack and slash murder machine:

• For first ability, get rid of the shield and ball at the end and reduce it's cooldown dramatically, and make the animation happen much faster. It no longer one shots whatever it hits, but still does a lot of damage, and if it kills, it heals her.
    • With the shield and ball this ability just feels wrong. You're diving in to slash the enemy incredibly slowly only for the ability to turn around into a strange shield thing that completely breaks the flow of the original point of the ability. Giving into the fast paced flow of it just makes it categorically more enjoyable to use instead of taking players out of that flow arbitrarily for a goofy little gimmick.
  • Second ability is pretty good, however would synergise better with the proposed change to the first ability if it were to be a small explosive boost of health with a cooldown getting reduced every time first ability is used. Other than that pretty cool.
  • Third ability is also pretty good, but don't do the little jump. Just why, why. The jump, aside from again breaking the flow that the initial feeling creates and again unnecessarily stopping the player in their tracks, it makes zero sense why she just does a jump. WHY!?
    • Make it not stop her in her tracks, with a quick animation of her arms tearing at herself, and it doesn't simply give energy on use
    • Additionally (this is where the fun begins) she goes into a sort of blood trance where she gains a buff to movement speed, and whenever she kills something with her new 1 that ability's cooldown get's refunded completely
    • Whenever 2 is used it also grants a small burst of energy.
    • The key part of this change is that cooldown is refunded, not energy. You see the whole point of all this is that if she runs out of energy she's just straight up dead. If you upgrade your energy and are careful with how you spend it you can be an unstoppable killing machine, you have to keep an eye on it and not rely on just pressing 1, and pressing 2 all the time will cost you too much energy.
  • Fourth ability is a neato idea. That's it. It has zero impact, does not feel good in any way and is ultimately just, bad. You don't feel amazing or like a god when you use it, you just kinda use it and that's it, it's there.
    • So, keep the blender shield idea, and turn the ability into an exalted melee ability similar to Excalibur's.
    • Every melee you throw a large blade similar in style to Hela from Thor: Ragnarok. If a blade kills an enemy, it impales them, and creates a healing well for anyone on team
    • Third and second ability become unusable, but first ability is still usable with effects of third applied to it
    • This completely changes the pace and desire to use her fourth ability in every way. This new version would carry with it impact in the casting and the act of lobbing a bunch of giant blades to butcher entire armies would be incredibly satisfying and fun. The blades allow her to take less damage to compensate for the exalted energy cost, and while you can use your 1 it's generally not a good idea because of energy cost.
  • Passive's simple and good, nothing to change for it

There you go, my thoughts and possible changes on Garuda. She doesn't look very fun from what little we've seen, and will probably end up as much of a disappointment as Khora was if she isn't changed drastically. If she's meant to be more of a mage however, then her 1 needs to be even more completely changed, but either way her 4 will still need a complete change.

If DE are going to keep that claw atack, I would request at least removing that shield from that move, on top of speeding it up, and making it usable without a target. I prefer the Excal freestyle type of dashing attack, which can be used for utility purposes, not the Atlas style.

The 1 could be more easily chained without that shield. Probably should get rid of that shield completely, in fact, as it is not very good for protection anyway.

They could probably combine the 2 with the 1 too, honestly, and make Garuda pole vault off a body that she dashes into, impaling them into the ground with a dislodged talon, as she vaults/gymnast flips off of them. The spikes will stick around in a body, even if it is technically killed, until the ability's time limit is up, too.

Could still also use the impaled bodies to slide across the floor on, like I suggested in a prior comment, of course. I would also suggest allowing for the ability to impale multiple enemies at once with the move, by targeting the dash toward the ground, which would have the effect of  Garuda dashing her talons into the ground and summoning a limited number of multiple blood spires from the ground, to impale a few of the nearby enemies.

This way, the 2 could also be freed up for another move altogether. Could be anything, like a real blood shield perhaps.

latest?cb=20110701133116

Or any number of things really, like a blood storm, even. Maybe damage to the shield could cause a blood cloud to emit from it, which you could launch to rain down damaging viral blood needles, for example.

The 3rd ability can most certainly be changed too, and could even assist the 1 and 2. Perhaps it could be changed into a style switcher, which would have effect on your 1 and your 2, Perhaps even the 4.

For example the 1 could be changed to create blood bombs, out of corpses you stab.

bccfcm4_by_callmeknuckles-dbe49zb.gif

tumblr_nr6h88l0Rq1urhd3lo1_500.gif

Or cause glowing red and  viral damage dealing veins(But can also have other elements mixed in with them from your weapons.) to sprout from the wounds inflicted on enemies, which latch on to grab other nearby enemies.

They could even keep the self damaging aspect on the 3, as a hold command, but let it have an effect other than giving energy or contributing to the fairweather passive. 

Perhaps actually allow it to also do a damaging attack, for instance.

Probably even have the self damage do a different thing, depending on the stance you have your 3 on. Maybe increasing your mobility, or creating and removing debuffs.

As for Garuda's 4, I think I have been clear enough on what kind of treatment I want for it, so I won't say anything about it here, for now anyway.

Edited by UrielColtan
Grammar.

1 hour ago, Thaylien said:

Please cite your source, since last I checked Vlad actually turned out to be Revenant.

https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-112-overview
https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-113-overview

https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-118-overview

Compare how they reference the two here. Many times they referred to "Vlad" as internal/placeholder; however, no such reference has been made for Garuda. Especially considering they plan no more DevStreams before For Tuna, that is almost certainly her cannon name.

As I've seen, people don't like Garuda's Ultimate and I'm no exception... I just want to post an idea for it...

I was thinking if Gardua is more Gore based why not have some kind of Predator Sense... highlighting nearby enemies and making everything else super gray...

There are two versions of this:

1. She could still use her weapos and it will be a Duration based ability   or

2. She will draw her Gigantic Claws but without moving (maybe slow movement) and she needs to wait for her prey...

On 2018-10-26 at 9:08 PM, Solarsyphon said:

The idea is ok. In my opinion the 4 is mostly fine it's just too passive. It reminds me allot of activating a super mode and just doing nothing with it.  She needs something else to do when using the ability and that could be anything.  It could be a melee attack like this suggests or just a normal shooting. My personal suggestion would be damage dealt to enemies forms blood orbs she can throw making it kind of like an exalted blood mage mode. 

I like your idea. Speaking of blood mage, it would be awesome that her damage buff would come from slowly getting covered by her enemies blood with every melee attack from her claws. I feel that would be better than self damage and covering yourself with your own "blood".