Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

I honestly have mitigated feelings about her.

The passive is nice, but one of her abilities is just killing everything.
The ability to impale someone while regaining life is nice, but the dmg bonus on her passive is lost, and while rebecca where using the "mutilate" ability while inside the Heal AOE, it felt like useless, her two should be rethink.
Also her four is just a revenant 2.0

If released like that, she'll be disapointing just like rev was because of one ability.
Forget the heal thing in a frame that need to be low in order to do dmg, just give her an invulnerability or something like that

I'm much more hyped about nyx rework actually

Edited by Maryph

vor 4 Minuten schrieb CuteFoxyFox:

True it may have some more interactions but still they have given us the info they wanted us to give and we respond to what they wanted us to see.

Anyway anying "Dont judge" it isnt the point. DE wants us to judge! This is the point of this megathread. They want us to judge hell outta it soe they gather feedback and decide what we want.

So we have to judge

Maybe I should've bolded the "too harshly yet". Feedback is good and all, but some (not meaning you specifically) judge way too quickly even with the info we have. You have people that didn't notice stuff that was shown on stream (like the outwards shooting claws or label counter) and then complain anyway. I'm pretty sure they don't want to be judged the "hell outta". Their streams are always fairly relaxed so errors slip through or some things don't get mentioned, they don't rehearse this stuff. So maybe don't take the info you get there as gospel just yet until it's in the game.

Speaking of info, I found some from the man himself.

Overall her kit looks interesting... 4 is too similar to Revenant's, sadly... I was expecting more "Sanguine" and not "Drenched" when they said that her kit would be "indifference" to Valkyr's emotion ridden screams. I think the synergies are interesting, I don't think her 2 makes much sense. It's essentially Inaros's 2 without the animation locking you in place if you think about it. 

I love her kit so far, the only thing I would change is making her 4 not so restrictive

Being able to move freely is what makes this game enjoyable for me, and being stuck in a weird animation feels wrong.

This is what I would change:

Make her 4 so you can freely move, jump, bulletjump, and maybe use your weapons while your 4 is active, pulling enemies towards you and desmembering them.

It's your choice if you want to kill your enemies with your 4 (and increase its counter) or kill them with your weapons

Edited by Hackfield

Further thought: on her 1

Have it somewhat like Nezha's shield with damage reduction and it's own health pool.

Allow this health pool to 'heal' and increase through use of the 1.

Using the 1 grants X blood orbs stacking Y times based on power strength.

Now that block shield isn't obscuring combat (not the most elegant of shields...) and she can use multiple blood orbs.

Hi

Id like it better if her 4 was an atack to front and do soo much slash damage, (like ignis you know, damage to the front like ignis y id like it like that a lot :3 ) so the shield would be more synergetic (dk how to write it sorry :,v ) to the 4 (maybe the shield give the 4 a buff of +status chance or crit ?). and id like the pasive to work diferently because now it... is not that good if you have to be thaaaaaat close to death to gain the 200% damage. it would be better if it dreains in time so you can get the buff and then heal so you dont die (when the healt gets restore it drains but if not the buff stay the same). and so the teamates that heal you dont make you weaker. DE read me plz ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

And sorry for my english 😄

1 minute ago, sasanao22 said:

dunno, about the preview but i feel like this gonna be a lot of patch again before garuda is playable like revenant.
i don't have the prob with 1 2 3 but the 4 ? meh like what, it just another spin2win thing all over .-.

Revenant still needs work IMO

If they can shape Garuda to be closer to Hela with a little more utility using logic applied from other frames (Nezha shield for 1) I think she will do nicely

1 minute ago, Phyrak said:

Revenant still needs work IMO

If they can shape Garuda to be closer to Hela with a little more utility using logic applied from other frames (Nezha shield for 1) I think she will do nicely

my current problem with the 4 is you need to move while your siphon target tell you to statis on that position & talking about usual pablo synergy i didn't see a good synergy atm.... but dunno maybe they will change how garuda work at least. The animation also feel slow which can be fatal on high level

2 minutes ago, sasanao22 said:

my current problem with the 4 is you need to move while your siphon target tell you to statis on that position & talking about usual pablo synergy i didn't see a good synergy atm.... but dunno maybe they will change how garuda work at least. The animation also feel slow which can be fatal on high level

Hopefully the devs will read these posts and bring out the best Garuda they can 🙂

Hard to judge without playing it and understanding how it will interact with various other mods and mechanics (particularly how keeping your health low and not dying works out), but perhaps another option for her 4 if a repeat whirlwind style ability isn't well received would be a corpse explosion ability. People loved to blow up corpses in diablo games and it fits her gore theme fairly well. Or you could add a long-press as an additional function for her 3 where she blows up nearby corpses for AoE damage (or covering enemies in blood for some kind of debuff). 

hope so, i'm thinking how can garuda impale the enemy in her claw instead of putting them on a stake so the siphon target getting their life force drained while garuda is moving (which make sense since their concept art is garuda impaling enemy in her claw) and make her kit is mobile one instead kinda at wreck on this stat

Garuda is probably the first frame I've been hyped for in a while and she kinda lived up to my expectations, but there are a couple major issues that could potentially hinder my experience with her heavily:

Her first ability: My issue with this is mainly the animations: the lunge seems really slow, and it would be amazing if it were more fluid. The shield also looks very simple and could use some big polishing. The orb from the shield has some really awkward animations, but I can't exactly pinpoint what; it looks pretty awkward when she throws it. The shield seemed very slow to turn - it could also use some polishing to make it look and feel more fluid. One big thing she could use would be the ability to keep using the lunge without the instant kill (just some pretty good damage) while using the shield, obviously without refreshing it; that would probably not be very well balanced.

Her fourth ability: The camera is way too zoomed in for all the effects - I don't think reducing all the effects would be the solution, but instead zooming the camera out a little. Like Steve said, the particle-blade ratio was kinda off as well. The floating pose looks really awkward - giving it some more oomph would be awesome. Another potential thing DE could do with her ult is make her summon floating blades behind her head and make them slash when you melee (while using your melee weapon at the same time) and make the shoot button just rapid-fire the blades in the direction of the reticle. Maybe make it drain more energy the more blades she has floating behind her.

On a side-note, a potential added benefit to her passive, which I care significantly less about than the above, but it might be fun if: her passive also gave her a bit of movement speed based off health.

Shouldn't have to say this, but this IS the internet: Please remember that all of the above is MY OPINION, and should go without saying that it is not the TRUTH. I just figured providing my opinion could be helpful, and I really wanted to share my thoughts for consideration.

Edited by FlameCat16
Added extra suggestions for the ultimate

If you noticed it was some sort of reverse crossbow, probably unfinished as it had a Zhuge name holder. 

What do you think it will be like? 

Attica already covers crit very well,  Zhuge is a great hybrid. 

Something to keep in mind is that crossbows get 2x the fire rate on fire rate mods as they are considered bows,  as such can be used in bow only sorties. 

Think it will have life steal to fit the theme?  Would put Hema to rest maybe? 

I assume it will use none bolts or something,  slash based?  Maybe unique bleed effects unrelated to slash? 

Edited by Squeekly

Just now, sasanao22 said:

hope so, i'm thinking how can garuda impale the enemy in her claw instead of putting them on a stake so the siphon target getting their life force drained while garuda is moving (which make sense since their concept art is garuda impaling enemy in her claw) and make her kit is mobile one instead kinda at wreck on this stat

My guess is that her concept art could have been a depiction of her 1.

Tearing the corpus crewman apart to buff prior to engagement.

Or at least that is how I saw it now seeing her full kit.

She does indeed need to utilize her claws in some fashion - combined with the blades/spears; give her command over them as Hela did in Thor

serrated bolts maybe heavy lean on puncture and slash

maybe crit since hunter munitions or more purely status

steve said i could have a alt fire or asked if it did reb didn't really answer him (or that i heard)

it could be a hard hitting slower rate of fire 

maybe a life steal mechanic if their bleeding to work with garuda's blood theme or hitting a bleeding enemy idk

personally it looks more like a heavy cross bow slow hard hitter i like it ive been wanting a heavy cross bow 

About Garuda:
Passive is great!
1- animation is too slow, she will die mist cast. is 1 a finisher attack? seems like a finisher attack. y take down shield to throw energy ball+break combat flow? y not just dash attack more?
2- hmmnnn idk, synergy is great. except only 1 can be cc'd. ability only good for a synergy aspect.
3- NICE! I high risk high reward. can reject efficiency builds+ have more diverse builds
4- NOPE! the most usefulness this ability could ever get is: having a lot of damage, or high range+eff+duration build for cc only. Isn't this the press 4 to win stuff you guys don't like?

I got some ideas:
passive: keep damage/hp ratio but make abilities also cost(~10-20)hp
1- remove range shot, make shield thinner so it barely covers garuda WHISTLE BLOWING forces player 2 pay attention
2-keep energy cost, but allow multiple enemies cc'd(base 6 or less mod w strength), but lower drain/bleed per enemy to about 2.5% hp per sec base.
3-keep mostly the same but speed up animation OR allow it to stun enemies for 1 second in small range(3m?)
4-completely change it: garuda instead attacks in a frenzy!(yes exalted) drains (~7-15)hp+20energy per sec
garuda automatically attacks relentlessly with 150% attack speed steroid, but can barely walk.
^1 gains bonus(base) range but loses shield during 4. 1 gains 5% lifesteal during 4 and refunds energy on kill(or 50% reduced) 
^3 increases attack speed by another 100% for (~5-15sec) during 4
^ I think this way is a bit more risky, powerful+fun so players have to be aware of their hp+enemies while also making enemies into prey. The greatest hunters are often the most efficient hunters.

Edited by mufasas1lion

2 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

I personally hope it is an actual crossbow and not another silenced SMG pretending to be a crossbow.

Yea,  this is a thought also curious if it would make us preloaded charge shots or just a long reload animation. 

4 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Well with Garuda having a gore theme, one would guess maybe to keep with the theme it'd give forced slash procs.

That would be insane with Hunter Munitions also 

14 minutes ago, seprent said:

serrated bolts maybe heavy lean on puncture and slash

maybe crit since hunter munitions or more purely status

steve said i could have a alt fire or asked if it did reb didn't really answer him (or that i heard)

it could be a hard hitting slower rate of fire 

maybe a life steal mechanic if their bleeding to work with garuda's blood theme or hitting a bleeding enemy idk

personally it looks more like a heavy cross bow slow hard hitter i like it ive been wanting a heavy cross bow 

Hmmm could keep  a charged heavy shot as an alt fire. 

Shouldn't dwell on it,  but it's bow was reverse, so what if it's fireing pressurized air/liquid into another chamber to fire something other than a bolt? 

Again shouldn't think to much into space magic..  But drives me crazy.